Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable (34279 Views)

Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Uncletony(m): 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kenai:

E get 14 leftover Wailer forms wey I hide for under my mattress, but abeg, I no wan make anybody touch them until I get back, because I'm reserving them for Bola Tinubu and his goons.

Sir am sorry oo madam tinubu don collect one of those forms last month, e remain only 13.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by henryuzor(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Foooooooooool

tuniski:
Buhari wont listen until the naira reaches 500 to the dollar. He doesn't get it and doesn't accept he doesn't! He is like Mugabe very dogmatic and strong headed.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by henryuzor(m): 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
You have a shallow brain and you think with your anus

Lordave:
Even the emir of Kano is testifying the dumbness and ineffectual buffoonery of PMD angry

The moment PMD booked a bed in Stone Hearst Assylum in London to tend to his senility instead of patronising one of our rehabs in Abuja was the very moment I realised it's done for Nigeria and her pack of zombies.

PMD is an internationally acclaimed monumental disgrace, nevertheless, as a patriotic Nigerian, I hope the effects of his senility subsides so he can recuperate properly cos I don't want to see SanusiGate.

If anyone should talk about economic policies and the decline of the Naira it shouldn't be Sanusi. He still remains one of the worst economic policy makers in the history of Nigeria. I can't believe he's talking about devaluing the Naira. In the developed nations when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Oil is our major export and with the price of oil so low there are more supplies than demand. Can someone tell me how devaluation at this crucial stage will yield any positive effect for Nigeria? Unless we anticipate rise in oil prices and Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia decreasing oil production
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by PBundles(m): 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
The gap between the black market rate and the “artificial” official exchange rate would keep widening until the bank adopted a more realistic policy or the price of oil climbed and dramatically increased reserves, he further said.

He said a more flexible exchange rate policy at this point would be the “least bad option”.

“We are hopeful that given all the other positive things done so far, policy will head broadly in the right direction and flexibility will come in down the line.”

Dont want to say I told you so but.............. I told you so:

https://www.nairaland.com/2882970/see-why-naira-may-fall/7#42529604

PBundles:

Good points and yes you are correct, however the issue now is the 'fixed rate' which we all know is not market conform.

What you eluded is very correct, the so called official rate could be purchased under conditions you mentioned, however the historic rates will show you that the official rate and the parallel (grey) weren't that far off (with the latter always being slightly more expensive).

What we are seeing now is a fixed rate that is not being allowed to float causing a huge discrepancy between it and the grey market. When you see that happen, the market is simply confirming the obvious. In simple terms, the currency is being subsidized and how long can it do that. Note a small but VERY important issue, its not only the private sector that needs $, but the government, so its also costing them money too.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by searay(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lordave:
Even the emir of Kano is testifying the dumbness and ineffectual buffoonery of PMD angry

The moment PMD booked a bed in Stone Hearst Assylum in London to tend to his senility instead of patronising one of our rehabs in Abuja was the very moment I realised it's done for Nigeria and her pack of zombies.

PMD is an internationally acclaimed monumental disgrace, nevertheless, as a patriotic Nigerian, I hope the effects of his senility subsides so he can recuperate properly cos I don't want to see SanusiGate.
Abeg which one be PMD

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Dagoma: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
tuniski:
Buhari wont listen until the naira reaches 500 to the dollar. He doesn't get it and doesn't accept he doesn't! He is like Mugabe very dogmatic and strong headed.

Agreed to some extent.
He is unlike Mugabe cause in many instances he (Buhari) dance to the tune of the west, but Mugabe don`t.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Reference(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
In this 'Season of Sealing', I hope the Emir's palace is not visited by those men with paint brush and your white turban is marked with a 'red X'. Happy valentine dear EFcC.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by onatisi(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
tuniski:

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by nijanigga: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wailing wailers are wailing wailers, it's not the same as constructive criticisms which wailing wailers are ignorant of.Sanusi is has the right to criticize constructively.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
tomtween:
I can't believe it!!
Sanusi too?
So baba go stand alone

Shey dem say d form dun finish?
Sanusi is a very objective guy that will say the truth no matter whose ox is gored, he is not like some clowns who insist goodluck is a hero even though he opened the doors to our treasury for his cronies to loot.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by henryutd(m): 6:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Motherfucker2:
I so much love Buhari.
See how Buhari transformed Nigeria in just 8 months in office.

I receive 10,000 naira every month.
School fees is now free.
$1 is now 1 naira
8 months uninterrupted electricity.

Boko Harams is now a thing of the past, The Nigerian Army killed 1 million of their fighters and also captured their leader Shekau alive.

Buhari is the best president in the world.
I hope he rules Nigeria for 50 more years
Even chibok girls are now with their parents.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by bluaero(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:
hooow

You still dey ask
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Reference(m): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
abbey621:
If anyone should talk about economic policies and the decline of the Naira it shouldn't be Sanusi. He still remains one of the worst economic policy makers in the history of Nigeria. I can't believe he's talking about devaluing the Naira. In the developed nations when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Oil is our major export and with the price of oil so low there are more supplies than demand. Can someone tell me how devaluation at this crucial stage will yield any positive effect for Nigeria? Unless we anticipate rise in oil prices and Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia decreasing oil production

Oga. Stop this nonsense. Devaluation is not just about exports. It is also about investment. If your currency is artificially supported investors hold their dollar investments and the disaster unfolding in the oil industry is one to watch. You need investment to maintain production and maintain installations. Expect our oil output to gradually fall together with our market share and influence to such an extent we will find hard to recover when oil prices rebound. It is a silly, sentimental policy with no long term benefit.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
PMB I hail ooooo, sote ur fellow kwaraption fighters are getting tired of you
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by otitokoroleti: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
DonXavi:
Give Sanisi a wailer's form to fill, I have payed for the form on his behalf.

The number of wailers are swelling by the day.. grin grin grin who's next?
honestly I'm loving it as d wailers camp just dey multiply every seconds
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by henrybomb(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
nigerianvenom:

https://www.thecable.ng/sanusi-buharis-fx-policy-encourages-corruption
Sanusi has said it all..PMB doesn't rily know anytin abt forex him just dey do anyhow..dose policies can neva make d dollar reduce,instead it will make it skyrocket
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by meccuno: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
nigerianvenom:

https://www.thecable.ng/sanusi-buharis-fx-policy-encourages-corruption
No matter how hard the president tries, Nigeria would never prosper under an atmosphere of tribalism and religious bigotry. Corruption in the civil service started in the time of murtala and flourished during the IBB era. We would continue to play the ostrich and avoid those things that we need to do to make this country a better place. A lot of sacrifices has to be made. The right people have to be elected, the populace has to be educated by "force", even if it means to secondary school level so we do not have a population that needs "Nepa Bill" as a means of showing education!! Most times it disgust me how dis united we are but still want an indivisible country and refuse to do what's right. Let's be sincere with our selves, we need to go back to federalism. So that we develop at a reasonable pace. Those who want to lag behind is up to them. How can we have minerals and still be poor as a nation?? No nation succeeds without qualified people being in the helms of affairs..in a sane society, most leaders we produce would not even be there but for tribalism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by abbey621(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
adeomolisabi:

One problem with the argument that devaluing isn't worthwhile because we export so little is that it exchanges cause and effect; it is precisely because of the historical over-valuation of the Naira that our non-oil exports have collapsed over the decades, and our domestic industries have been hollowed out. Look up "Dutch disease" for a more in-depth explanation of how this happens.

In any case, the effect or lack of effect of the Naira's value on exports still doesn't invalidate Sanusi's argument: that Buhari's currency policy is itself a major source of corruption. The gap between the official and black market rate is so large that anyone who can buy Dollars at the official price would make a greater return, with a lot less effort and risk, by simply reselling the dollars, rather than by actually producing anything.

I beg to differ! declining non-oil exports has nothing to do with the value of Naira rather it has everything to do with government policies focusing heavily on oil and the refusal to pursue diversification. Looking at your second point, you do have a point but how many people can easily purchase dollars at the CBN rate? Buhari's currency policy aims to strengthen the Naira by reducing over dependence on foreign currencies. The main goal is to force consumers and businesses to transact in Naira! Where most of us are confused is the fact that we somehow think the drastic decline of the Naira is more about the currency policy rather than being truthful and realizing that it was brought on by continuous decline in oil prices and the wastage brought on by the previous administration. Once we are able to recover stolen loot, stop wastage and improve infrastructures, we will see a stronger Naira; devaluation of the Naira is not the way to go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sanusi is a PDP member grin grin
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by abbey621(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Reference:

Oga. Stop this nonsense. Devaluation is not just about exports. It is also about investment. If your currency is artificially supported investors hold their dollar investments and the disaster unfolding in the oil industry is one to watch. You need investment to maintain production and maintain installations. Expect our oil output to gradually fall together with our market share and influence to such an extent we will find hard to recover when oil prices rebound. It is a silly, sentimental policy with no long term benefit.

Devaluation is mainly about exports which ultimately affects imports, please educate yourself better and leave discussion to those more knowledgeable than you!

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/devaluation.asp
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by able20(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
I trust Tinubu him go soon form another new progressive party, this time without CHANGE slogan.
Everyone everywhere everyday dey comot from Buhari side, him dey contagious
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by RawestThugAlive(m): 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
kernel501:
DEY DON DEY GO ONE BY ONE... ~ APC
SANUSI~ APC IS KWAMFUSED WALAHI.
KWAMFUSED grin
kernel501:
DEY DON DEY GO ONE BY ONE... ~ APC
SANUSI~ APC IS KWAMFUSED WALAHI.
KWAMFUSED
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by FLYFIRE(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
abbey621:
You guys are pathetic. So your once revered Sanusi is now the worst economic policy maker because he spoke about your bubu's block-headedness. The strength of a man is known when he acknowledges his faults. It's not late to accept you goofed voting a NEPA certificate dullard.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by abbey621(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
FLYFIRE:

You guys are pathetic. So your once revered Sanusi is now the worst economic policy maker because he spoke about your bubu's block-headedness. The strength of a man is known when he acknowledges his faults. It's not late to accept you goofed voting a NEPA certificate dullard.

This is getting stale, you can do better!
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by worlexy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
krendo:

is that D for Dull.a.r.d?
Are Dullard and President Buhari now censored?

*modified *
imagine o, I typed Dull.ar.dinho and The censor board changed it to President Buhari.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Holyman3(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Which corruption
Robot. Why is nairaland anti spam yet unable to detect you?
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by BushidoBlue(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
I dey whistle dey go....

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by FLYFIRE(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
abbey621:

This is getting stale, you can do better!
No.. its your blind defence of an illterate that is stale & SHAMEFUL.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Aremson14(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Well I'm not surprised this is coming from an advanced criminal. He knows nothing
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
tico1212:
Another Zombie on the loose
sanusis not a zombie ,He might not be my favorite person when he speaks on this things out of his scope but I will listen to him now as this is his field,
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by tico1212(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
tochimas:
sanusis not a zombie ,He might not be my favorite person when he speaks on this things out of his scope but I will listen to him now as this is his field,
Sanusi (ZAN) is speaking from experience only if the President of ZAN would give him audience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Strikes Out Onnoghen / Zahra Buhari To Her Mother, Aisha: Your Strength Is Second To None / Unknown Gunmen Have Disappeared From Anambra After Election, Just Like Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.