Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 (18724 Views)

A Ferrari Collector Just Bought This Classic 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO For N25b / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Just Bought A New Car (2) (3) (4)

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 7:34am On Feb 13, 2016
tosynmich:

I know some where in osogbo

Arggh grin

Thanks for the 1st half of the needed information.

The 2nd half is - where is the place located?

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2016
DGD1:
best thing to do is to return the car and get refund of your money. I've seen cases like this....there is more to this car that you don't know, else you will just be regretting the deal for a loooooong time.
if you can only get 200k,dash the owner the rest.

come to think of it, corolla that is hot cake now, u are buying @ 700k, you gave the owner 300k and he asked you to take the car! something is wrong somewhere,

#my2cents bt as we no see dollar spend #my2kobo

Don't get me wrong.
I deposited 300k. I actually balanced up before I picked the car.
I made the decision knowing well that I'd probably have to tune up the car. My solace was in the durability/ruggedness of the corolla.

Thanks,
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 8:14am On Feb 13, 2016
I took the car to the Kazeem for the fixing of the clutch.

. Should I say the problem has been solved??
Well, maybe partially yes. The vibration has reduced very significantly.
But, I still notice that the car seems to be low on torque. You don't want to stall the engine when in Reverse or 1st gear (revving things). Arrgh grin

I think I need a prophet to cast away the spells.

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by pek(m): 11:38am On Feb 13, 2016
You mentioned something about an ECU swap, I can help you with that. Post your VIN and the part number of the ECU let me cross check
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
pek:
You mentioned something about an ECU swap, I can help you with that. Post your VIN and the part number of the ECU let me cross check
I take it that the VIN is the same as the chasis number. Right?
How can I check the part number of the ECU. I don't know what an ECU looks like or where it is located.

Kindly put me through.

Thanks,
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by pek(m): 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
DatechMan:

I take it that the VIN is the same as the chasis number. Right?
How can I check the part number of the ECU. I don't know what an ECU looks like or where it is located.

Kindly put me through.

Thanks,
#GodBlessNigeria
Just ask your mechanic to help you bring it out. He will know what to do.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by tosynmich(m): 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
DatechMan:

Arggh grin

Thanks for the 1st half of the needed information.

The 2nd half is - where is the place located?

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria
Around abeigi anu in lameko area along Agunbelwo osogbo. And the second person is my car doctor a rewire

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=tosynmich post=42899841][/quote]

Kindly give me you number.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by tutuwater(m): 4:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Around abeigi anu in lameko area along Agunbelwo osogbo. And the second person is my car doctor a rewire

They are actually good here. If not too busy.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 7:51am On Feb 14, 2016
tutuwater:

They are actually good here. If not too busy.

OK thanks. I know the place
Busy? NO. I will be there on Monday.
I would also like to employ the service of your rewire cos my battery drains overnight due to one headlamp/parklight on spontaneously during mid-night. It only happens in the night though.

pek:
Just ask your mechanic to help you bring it out. He will know what to do.
OK sir. Working on it.

diportivo, gazzuzz, siena, ogawisdom, lexusgs430. I forgot to add this to my initial posts. The Check Light is always on

Thank you all for your support.
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DrealCharles(m): 8:19am On Feb 14, 2016
2006 Corolla for 700k,. D rugged corolla I know,. Am scared of the problems u wud find if u look deeplg,. Cars r extremely high now,. Cos of this dollar issue,. A frnd got a 1999 Camry Nigerian used for dat 700k,. Evn though its jst 2months old,. Cars r costly now
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by ogawisdom(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2016
DatechMan:

I would also like to employ the service of your rewire cos my battery drains overnight due to one headlamp/parklight on spontaneously during mid-night. It only happens in the night though.

I would be glad if we can chat on whatsapp 07038189918, bbm#2AF898D6

OK sir. Working on it.

diportivo, gazzuzz, siena, ogawisdom, lexusgs430. I forgot to add this to my initial posts. The Check Light is always on

#GodBlessNigeria

Lol my man I told u u won't kw all d faults in dt car until u have driven it for six months, its a naija abused car we r talking abt here. As for ur faulty headlamp dt drains ur battery u can b removing battery head every night until it is fixed. Finally is d car still running on d factory fitted engine or it has been replaced? If nt dt it is a rugged corolla d car would have been in d intensive care unit of mech workshops grin Engine problem is probably wat will get d car grounded but if engine is sound u can b managing it U don buy market shocked

Truth b told a good naija used 2006 corolla is over 1m ie used for less than 18months
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by diportivo: 10:04am On Feb 14, 2016
DatechMan:

I would be glad if we can chat on whatsapp 07038189918, bbm#2AF898D6

OK sir. Working on it.

#GodBlessNigeria

Finally,something that works grin grin

You are lucky the Check Light illuminates bro

Please be patient.....treat it like a 1st time pregnant wife

Lets know how it goes with this new guy u av veen introduced to

Patience is key bro
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Chynx:
Can we see the picture of your car?
I can help you out.
FYI

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
FYI,

Thanks,

#GodBlessNigeria

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2016
pek:
Bro.
I finally got a look at the brain box.
Thee thing is so dirty and label torn. I suspect it was a tokunbo replacement. See label picture below.

VIN: JTDBR23E463183797
MODEL: ZZE122L-AEMDKV
ECU: See picture

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by Connoisseur(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2016
DatechMan:

FYI

Nna mehn you don buy market
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by mishooo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Connoisseur:

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Connoisseur:

You don't have to restate the obvious. Thanks for letting us know anyway.
I don't see how your comment is helpful though.
Thanks anyways

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
I was at the recommended auto shop today @Lameco area Osogbo.
After loosing the engine plugs, he discovered that 3 of them were black. He told me they are not firing and the car is consuming excessively. He claimed to adjust some things on the injector I think then he said it has become normal.
He then proceeded to do the actual scan. Unfortunately he could not get a reading on his scanner. He said that's because my ECU has been replaced by a generic version (codeless blah blah) that's why it's not showing any readings.
Chaii. I then asked of the way out. He simply told me I should continue using the car like that since the engines and everything are ok, that the Check light and some other malfunctions are trivial.
I then proceeded to the AC man to restore the AC. After everything, I discovered that the engine stalls on idle when the AC is on. The AC man said I should go and increase the throttle or something.

That's what I got time to do today.
Thank you everyone for your usual support. Waiting to hear from you.

Salud,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by mayor2013: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
DatechMan:
I was at the recommended auto shop today @Lameco area Osogbo.
After loosing the engine plugs, he discovered that 3 of them were black. He told me they are not firing and the car is consuming excessively. He claimed to adjust some things on the injector I think then he said it has become normal.
He then proceeded to do the actual scan. Unfortunately he could not get a reading on his scanner. He said that's because my ECU has been replaced by a generic version (codeless blah blah) that's why it's not showing any readings.
Chaii. I then asked of the way out. He simply told me I should continue using the car like that since the engines and everything are ok, that the Check light and some other malfunctions are trivial.
I then proceeded to the AC man to restore the AC. After everything, I discovered that the engine stalls on idle when the AC is on. The AC man said I should go and increase the throttle or something.

That's what I got time to do today.
Thank you everyone for your usual support. Waiting to hear from you.

Salud,

#GodBlessNigeria

The person who ran the scan for you doesn't know how to use the scan tool properly. Two things here its either he was using the DIY scan tool which would not perfectly work or he has a professional scan tool and he wasn't choosing the right engine specification, region of car which is japan
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
mayor2013:

The person who ran the scan for you doesn't know how to use the scan tool properly. Two things here its either he was using the DIY scan tool which would not perfectly work or he has a professional scan tool and he wasn't choosing the right engine specification, region of car which is japan
I think he used a DYI scan tool. The scan tool looks like something I've seen on here on a DYI scan tool ad.
Chaii! Just when I thought I have found a Mesiah.
How I wish I could come to Lagos.

Bros, anyway you fit help?
Merci,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by Lexusgs430: 2:13am On Feb 16, 2016
DatechMan:

I think he used a DYI scan tool. The scan tool looks like something I've seen on here on a DYI scan tool ad.

Merci,

#GodBlessNigeria

The body still looks sharp. I can see what tempted you into buying this car!!!
Keep a record of all the your fix bills so far. I sincerely hope you are able to fix all the gremlins!!!
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by pek(m): 7:17am On Feb 16, 2016
I saw the pictures you posted yesterday. I was too busy to respond. The sticker is too torn and worn out to get the part number. It is very obvious it has been changed. When a wrong ECU is in your car, you will experience among other things, poor acceleration, sluggishness, improper gear selection, misfiring etc
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2016
pek:
I saw the pictures you posted yesterday. I was too busy to respond. The sticker is too torn and worn out to get the part number. It is very obvious it has been changed. When a wrong ECU is in your car, you will experience among other things, poor acceleration, sluggishness, improper gear selection, misfiring etc
What do you suggest I do Sir?
Is it advisable I change the ECU? What would be the cost implication?

My ogas
Cc Gazzuzz lexusgs430 Siena

Thanks,
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 1:21am On Feb 20, 2016
I have been busy for a while now. I have been moving the car around quite often too. Today the clutch finally failed. I had to tow the vehicle a distance of 20km.
Here is what happened. A friend of mine was driving the car from Ile-Ife to Osogbo, he said he was on top speed @ gear 5 when he discovered that the car was not moving anymore. The engine was revving normally but all the gears were not functioning. It's as if the car is stuck in neutral.
This mechanic has diagnosed the clutch disk to be the culprit. I actually paid one Kazeem to fix the clutch the other time. He said he did a "Rebit" LOL. I need to buy a new clutch disk now. My new mechanic recommeds that I change the crankshaft too.

Things are getting interesting grin . Experience they say is the best teacher.

Thank you everyone.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by Lexusgs430: 6:12am On Feb 20, 2016
DatechMan:
I have been busy for a while now. I have been moving the car around quite often too. Today the clutch finally failed. I had to tow the vehicle a distance of 20km.
Here is what happened. A friend of mine was driving the car from Ile-Ife to Osogbo, he said he was on top speed @ gear 5 when he discovered that the car was not moving anymore. The engine was revving normally but all the gears were not functioning. It's as if the car is stuck in neutral.
This mechanic has diagnosed the clutch disk to be the culprit. I actually paid one Kazeem to fix the clutch the other time. He said he did a "Rebit" LOL. I need to buy a new clutch disk now. My new mechanic recommeds that I change the crankshaft too.

Things are getting interesting grin . Experience they say is the best teacher.

Thank you everyone.

#GodBlessNigeria

Sorry o. This Toyota dey show you Oba o!!! Hopefully when eventually fix all this gremlins (hopefully you would still have your sanity and bank balance intact). You would start to eventually enjoy your corolla!!
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by ndcide(m): 7:09am On Feb 20, 2016
And the car looks sharp. Me sef for buy this car if I saw it.
@DatechMan, I'll like to know your lessons so far. as you see it. If you want to advise someone on such purchase, what will you tell the person.

DO or DON'T or something else.

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by alfa0: 10:31am On Feb 20, 2016
@ Datechman

sorry for what you are going through but the truth remains that its only a few Nigerian used cars that you will not spend little naira on when you buy them.but i believe these problems would have been very insignificant if it where to be in days of Siena,Ikenna351,Car doctor,Luvinhubby.those guys were the backbone of this section,offering selfless and genuine help to car owners here.they would dissect car problems and analyze it to a logical conclusion. i missed those guys.
i pray they will remember your case and i bet, if you can follow their advice,you will enjoy your car.

sincere regards

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by Ashabam(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2016
DatechMan:

Merci,

#GodBlessNigeria
Bro since you dnt want to go lagos,i no a place in ogbomoso an hour drive from osogbo,they are experienced and very reliable,they will tell u all the problems and fix them for u as long as u get d cash.lutonia engineering in orita naira ogbomoso.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 10:43am On Feb 20, 2016
Just this morning, I got the most dreadful news. My engine is at its final laps. Mechanic said it's shorting oil and I need to sleeve it or I start saving up for new engine.

I'm beginning to enjoy this Aarrgh

How I wish Oga Gazzuzz live in Osogbo.

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by honmusa(m): 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
DatechMan:
Just this morning, I got the most dreadful news. My engine is at its final laps. Mechanic said it's shorting oil and I need to sleeve it or I start saving up for new engine.

I'm beginning to enjoy this Aarrgh

How I wish Oga Gazzuzz live in Osogbo.

#GodBlessNigeria
If you can foot the transport bill ,I can arrange for one of my trained engineer to run a comprehensive auto diagnosis on the car as well as run test on the engine to confirm the true status of the engine .
Call 08061166316 if you are ready

Black Smoke From Exhaust. / Don't Miss The Coscharis Motors And Jumia Discounts For Black Friday / How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61