Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58174 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:07am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

My comment was of spiritual significance- this fact obviously eludes you.

How was your comment of spiritual significance . You dont believe in another realm apart from the physical - such closemindedness . Atheism limits one's perception of life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

... and then extrapolated ... they did not ask 5 million Norwegians only a faction . Then they concluded by extrapolation because they felt the trend will follow - a wrong way of making inferences when it comes to knowing the population of the adherents of various Religious beliefs

grin grin

Keep showing your ignorance on how studies are done

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How was your comment of spiritual significance . You dont believe in another realm apart from the physical - such closemindedness . Atheism limits one's perception of life

Haven't you heard about humanist spiritualism?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:22am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin

Keep showing your ignorance on how studies are done

What ignorance ? I'm ignorant because I shoved aside your desperate attempt to assert that Norway is an atheist country because they are the most developed in the world ? Norway has been and will always be a God-fearing country

Now tell me , how were the studies done ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:23am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Haven't you heard about humanist spiritualism?

So do you practice it ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Sappyman(m): 9:59am On Feb 14, 2016
You made some sense but you ended up contradicting yourself again.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by afroxyz: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2016
OP has obviously not read the Gallup poll on religiosity which shows that the mist religious nations in the world are the poorest except the United States and Italy. Infact, the more religious a country, the more prone it is to poverty and underdevelopment. Auguste Comte even placed societies that are religious at the bottom index of development. When we stop interpreting phenomena in supernatural terms, then we would develop. It was not until Europe metamorphosed from the dark ages which was characterised by religion and superstition, and moved into the enlightenment era characterised by science and technology that Europe was able to develop. Is it not the church that said the earth was flat and had Gallileo imprisoned for it? Please, too much religiosity is part of our problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Niyinficient(m): 10:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

It's one of those things that thebible says wil happen on the last days.

The same people are blind to d economic boost religious centres like d RCCG, LFC and d rest bring to their host community, they forget d workforce these Men of God ease off the govt even in a godly manner.

They have never seen the said 'fake' men of God in public display of the various accusations, yet they tend to coin their blive from'demsay demsay'.

The same men of God give to d less priviledged,construct roads, boreholes, give scholarships, teach people to be responsible, preach against all sort of evil and vices. Even if some of dem are fake, dey end up winning soul for Christ for they still preach in Christ's name and those who blive and sincerely serve God are saved, for God is a personal God, he won't look who won u for him before blessing u as far as u do his commandment and live a sin-free life.

People lives are changing, only only d unbelievers will experience difficulties, to dem d economy will always be hard even if 1naira equals 1$, they will struggle with their health, career, academics, marriages and finances. They bible says all these.

I blive a true christian who has d holy Spirit will know wen he's being misled, you need to start developing a relationship with God rather than looking up to Pastors, it's not about ur Pastor, it's abt God.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bebe2(f): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2016
My faith is shaking, too many unanswered questions cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bebe2(f): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2016
Niyinficient:

It's one of those things that thebible says wil happen on the last days.

The same people are blind to d economic boost religious centres like d RCCG, LFC and d rest bring to their host community, they forget d workforce these Men of God ease off the govt even in a godly manner.

They havenever seen the said ma

Most western country get RCCG OR LFC, but they still better than us, plus ways ur point?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Norway is the most developed country in the world and she is very religious

Norway is not religious, as there is no religion recognised by the state.

Rational people are calling for complete separation of religion from governance

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2016
bebe2:
My faith is shaking, too many in answered questions cry
My faith remains unshaken..... Cos pastors are oyo while I do my thing following the instructions of Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by nsedet: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Ur write up is simply CRAP!
Acidosis:

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by ijaw1stson: 10:09am On Feb 14, 2016
SirWere:
The Author of this post is quite riddiculous. You at first state that because the public accepts bonke's "miracle" to be real; Chris's Okafors's own must be real also!! The fallacy in your argument is that you seem to base the reality of miracles on the public opinions of people; the gullible masses.

And I have no idea where South-Korea comes in here.
youtalksensebro..
@op are you saying we should support them because they are Blacks?lol receive sense in Jesus name
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by bebe2(f): 10:11am On Feb 14, 2016
SmartChoices:

My faith remains unshaken..... Cos pastors are oyo while I do my thing following the instructions of Christ.

Am not talking pastors oo, those ones name settled issues. Am talking about the Christian faith as a whole.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by kacglobal: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2016
Someone will fall under anointing and use his hand to protect his head. I laugh in japanese grin :DD

There is Christianity and Christian Religion.

And Jesus will always be greater than religion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!
Would you rather we had a Sango shrine next to the National Assembly? Your logic is regressive at best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2016
bebe2:

Am not talking pastors oo, those ones name settled issues. Am talking about the Christian faith as a whole.
Christian faith is contained in the life and times of Christ. For me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by postmann: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

Now be blessed OP for your soundness. I like your style. You said it like it is, without falling into the trap of the sin of insult. And yet you were hard.
You mixed your religious standing with political awareness in a flawless sync.

Now continue being the soldier of your CREATOR and may HE continue to bless you and accord you more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3399707_rol_png5ba1b0e7d143b19cf96844d46e577c94

I'm still officially a catholic despite being an atheist. They use baptismal records and outdated records. This is why polls asking direct questions are better and they give a different result

Are you mr Anony?

Officially a Catholic and a profound atheist.. I still do not see any difference undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by oglalasioux(m): 10:16am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

You're right sir. I'm just worried about the way some attribute underdevelopment to religion. That's why I cited the case of South Korea.

Our greatest problem in Nigeria is religion; both Christianity and Islam. I'll give just three reasons;

1. Nigerian students will not read for exams. They hope to pass if they sow their laptops as seed to the pastor. Who makes them think so? The pastors. So how can someone who didn't read pass exams? How can such a person contribute to development?

2. A Muslim will kill you like a chicken and believe he is doing God a favour. Who told him that; the imam. The Muslims don't even bother with life and that's why they believe dying and going to paradise is worth waiting for; the number of innocent lives killed to achieve this doesn't matter.

3. We worship politicians because we believe they've been destined to be rich. We have this notion that everything has been predestined. Who taught us that? Religion. So many people have been given to alcoholism because they've been told to accept how they are. It's God's will.

That's our problem. I can give you more reasons and I bet if you go to south Korea they will never be as gullible as we are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by oglalasioux(m): 10:19am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Dear Lord.. this discussion is focused on Nigerian religiosity, not what the advanced world practices.
Do you believe Africans descended from Adam and Eve? The Bible said so. It must be true. Bleep evolution.

A pastor raised a baby from death? Yes, Jesus said those who believe will do greater things.

No hospitals? Who cares.. My God has promised to protect me from all diseases.

No good roads? God will send his angels to guide me.

No power? God will bless me abundantly so I can buy a generator and live in comfort in the midst of suffering.

Religion, whether foreign or local, hasn't been helpful to Africa and Africans. The results stare us in the face daily. You can choose to deny it if you want to.

Thanks for this post.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by cirmuell(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

This is because christianity does not have much (negative) influence on their government and society unlike Nigeria.
Wait! So you're saying Christianity is the 'problem' of Nigeria? Common sense is really not common.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by rexbuton: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2016
There is no correlation between religion and development.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:24am On Feb 14, 2016
Considering the high level of "religiousness" in africa, (especially Nigeria )..aren't we supposed to be the most upright people?.... but no...the irony is the case, the level of wickedness in this country is appalling.... makes one wonder what they all go to church and mosque to do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
1. I don't believe in any of them
2. There's nothing hidden under the heavens, soon everyone will know the truth
3. Familiarity with Nigerian clergy helps to know their shady background and present unresolved secrets
4. Respect for those who pay their taxes, who charge moderately for providing good secondary and university education for their own parishioners and who do their primary assignment of spiritual edification.
BRB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by oglalasioux(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
SmartChoices:

If you go to church you are one and the same with the pastors.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Analysiscorner: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Please, who is Chris Okafor?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by megainvest: 10:26am On Feb 14, 2016
Matt 13:57

And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by MrGerald(m): 10:27am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

Judge yourself and do not judge other's beliefs and instincts
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by neocortex: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

South Koreans are also black Christians, right?

You that does not practise religion, what do you have and what have you achieved in life?

The case of South Korea is enough for you to understand the fact that being religious or believing in miracles does not stop development or owing the largest library as you suggested.

If you have the largest church, without a large infrastructural development, then that's stupid.

However believing that the presence of a church or miracle is the reason why you do not have a good road is the greatest form of stupidity the world has ever recorded.

Get wisdom, get commonsense.

You are totally wrong, having the biggest church in South korea have nothing
to do with the running of their government.
Even if we are to assume that the church is a factor, then that is still not a

South korea also has very high percentage of Alcoholics and also the highest
level of alcoholic intake, can we also attribute it to the big church ?

It is just like saying that china is great today because their citizens are atheist
and bhudist, but that will also be wrong.

Countries become great because they adopt pragmatic and thinking approach
to life problems, not useless superstitious religious beliefs which benefits no one but
end up drawing us back by stifling the ability to ask questions through fear of
the unknown.

The case of South korea tell us how a country develop in spite of its big churches,
not because of it.

Tell me how a society that attributes fever and cancer to the devil and evil spirits will ever think
of inventing a cure for such ?

It is the mental attitude that defines success, not how big the churches are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by olisaEze(m): 10:27am On Feb 14, 2016
Don't know don't care. Ur thread won't make it any better, it just what it is. Wait till u die, then u'll know if u lived right, or if ur time n energy spent on religious ordinances was a waste.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church / Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.