Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58201 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by oglalasioux(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2016
cirmuell:
Wait! So you're saying Christianity is the 'problem' of Nigeria? Common sense is really not common.

Our problem is anything religion; Christians and Muslims chief among them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Jabioro: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Oyiboman69:
op, you lack etiquette....
You couldn't have said better .He lack Etiquette.. no table manner at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by neocortex: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
bebe2:
My faith is shaking, too many in answered questions cry

That is a common experience of people with free and
inquisitive minds.
Questioning unfounded beliefs is the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by rexbuton: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2016
But atheists and satanists spend more time attacking Christians than they spend on themselves. Christianity is not the problem with Nigeria, the government doesn't emphasize religion or claim that it is going to solve our problems. The average Nigerian believes in a God, and that is his personal affair. He doesn't force anyone to join him, even when evangelizing or witnessing, if you bluntly refuse or chase them away, wouldn't they leave? If Christians sow seeds or pay tithes or first fruits , is it your business?
I believe i was created from dust, good. You believe you descended from apes, even better. Nobody is hurt, at least we still ended up being alive.
Lets focus on tackling Nigeria's issues instead of slinging dirt at ourselves over private issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Freksy(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2016
thorpido:
It shouldn't surprise you because the bible already spoke of it.
A prophet is not without honour except in his own country.....

Again the bible also spoke about the Church.The greatest criticism in this earth will be against the Church till Christ comes.The Scriptures must be fulfilled and those who speak against the Church are fulfilling the Scriptures till their judgement comes.

Therefore, the most criticized prophet is the truest; the most criticized church is the best.

In fact, the most criticized administration is the best.

You ignore what Jesus said at Matthew 7:21-23 and other related prophecies about emergence of false prophets in this time of the end. KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by cirmuell(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2016
oglalasioux:

Our problem is anything religion; Christians and Muslims chief among them.
But why is the focus always so much on Christianity?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by tee4naija(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2016
With religious institutions now competing with Multinational corporations in terms of d number of countries/continents they open branches but refused to allow govts to audit their accounts and pay tax,only a complete fool will still believe whatever miracle seen or heard in any church nowadays be it Bonke or TBJ or whoever. My money will rather go to IDPs camps,widows, orphans and the less privileged in the society than go into the pockets of these bourgeoisies called men of god.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Wesely01(m): 10:45am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

Bros, thank you for bring this up this morning.I'm Christian myself and I do believe in Go but i will never question any pastor, bishop,Iman in whatever miracle they perform because first we are AFRICANS don't ever forget that and if any of you either Christian or Muslim want to tell me that your fore fore , let add one again forefathers were either Christain or Muslim,let me see?BIG CAPTIAL NO, so why question others,like your are perfect lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Niyinficient(m): 10:45am On Feb 14, 2016
oglalasioux:

Our greatest problem in Nigeria is religion; both Christianity and Islam. I'll give just three reasons;

1. Nigerian students will not read for exams. They hope to pass if they sow their laptops as seed to the pastor. Who makes them think so? The pastors. So how can someone who didn't read pass exams? How can such a person contribute to development?

2. A Muslim will kill you like a chicken and believe he is doing God a favour. Who told him that; the imam. The Muslims don't even bother with life and that's why they believe dying and going to paradise is worth waiting for; the number of innocent lives killed to achieve this doesn't matter.

3. We worship politicians because we believe they've been destined to be rich. We have this notion that everything has been predestined. Who taught us that? Religion. So many people have been given to alcoholism because they've been told to accept how they are. It's God's will.

That's our problem. I can give you more reasons and I bet if you go to south Korea they will never be as gullible as we are in Nigeria.

Only a fake pastors will tell his congregation not to read. Bishop Oyedepo always say ' Readers are leaders' and always use as examples how difficult it is for a student to pass without reading for exams. He always make references to how u av to pay some certain personal sacrifices of personal development before u can attain success in any field, even uses athletes,footballers even successful boxers as example on how hardwork will help u achieve ur goals. Many other pastors dat I av seen do dis as well and will not discourage their students from reading. U might av come against a pastor who might av told u so, u don't need to be told who such person is, cos a pastor is fake doesn't mean all pastors are fake.
That a militant is a Muslim doesn't mean all Muslims are militants or terrorists. Those carrying out devilish acts in d name of God are ignorant and will definitely incur God's wrath for dragging his name in the mud. These are mere fallacies, do d Muslim in ur immediate environment kill? If dey do den u wud av been dead by now. I have seen numerous Muslims who abhor violence, people who can hurt a fly. So must I no adjudge all Muslims murderer cos a Muslim commits murder?
The Bibles say we should honour dose in authority does not mean worshipping dem, so dat some politicians are known wit some men of God doesn't mean d men of God worship them. These politicians need real men of God to guild dem right, and d best dey can do is advice dem, d politicians might get back to their offices, amidst their fellow corrupt minds and forget d godly and goodly advices. The church is d home to all sinners, no one is suppose to be rejected in d house of God, cos God place more priority sinners to b saved, cos a saved soul needs no salvation.

Thank God d numerous prayers for dis country, we wouldn't av been whr we are considering the kind of things that are happening. Half of wat is happening in Nigeria as a result of bad leadership haven't happened in some countries before dey plunge into war, bt here we are, stilll breathing and able to comment peacefully on Nairaland (lol). There are people who pray for dis country day and night, wat do u do? Come to nairaland and blame religion? May God have mercy.

If only u know d issues and problems south Korea and all the countries who think are better than Nigeria are facing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by geniune(m): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2016
IDINAL SIRATALI MUSTAQEEM oh you lost sheep MAY ALLAH SHOW YOU THE WAY/AMIN
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by MrGerald(m): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2016
dalaman:

Will you keep quiet? Religion has no major role in their lives. Majority of them have no religion even by the figure you posted. Their President is an atheist, most of their political office holders have no religion. Religion isn't allowed in public schools and public places, so what exactly are you talking about?
Ask him if he has traveled there before? he's following chart instead of in real life and what's actually happening there
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by ebamma(m): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
If you are a Pastor and you think that you can perform this miracles and see this visions for real,

To clear all our doubts,
The are various schools for the blind deaf and mute in this country, visit there and heal them,
And if you think that you can see visions, tell us where the chibok girls are
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by lakizmet(m): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
I learnt so much about Korea by jus reading dis debate.we av lost focus in addressing d main issues here.morning all
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by sammychimex(m): 10:52am On Feb 14, 2016
The only proof of wisdom is prosperity. So if south Korea that has d largest church in the world is among the developed nations of the world it means Christianity paid.i.e their wisdom works.
After all the wisest man was also the richest man.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by sean079: 10:54am On Feb 14, 2016
What i really dislike about naija type of religion is the beleive that there is God that will provide ur basic needs. Pastor will tell u God will protect u by reading psalm 91 everyday. Same Pastor will forttify himself with stern looking hefty bodyguard. Who are we deceiving..?
God will do his own but that dont stop us from discarding rational thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by uzolexis(f): 10:57am On Feb 14, 2016
UyiIredia:

They are highly developed and highly religious.

the bolded is a big fat lie. South Koreans are not highly religious. They have the biggest church does not make them religious, church is just a building and does not determine how religious a pple are.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2016
Wesely01:

first we are AFRICANS
Being African is not being foolish.
Being African is not being stupid.
Being African is not rejecting rationality.

You can't claim to be 'AFRICAN', when your core beliefs are built around non-African religions. That's not faith. That's hypocrisy and stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by atoleybaba(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2016
UyiIredia:

They are highly developed and highly religious.
highly religious but not all are Christians a beg...because dy av d biggest church doesn't mean dy are more religious

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by zzzzy: 11:01am On Feb 14, 2016
kacglobal:
Someone will fall under anointing and use his hand to protect his head. I laugh in japanese grin :DD

There is Christianity and Christian Religion.

And Jesus will always be greater than religion.
thank you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by zzzzy: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2016
oglalasioux:

Our greatest problem in Nigeria is religion; both Christianity and Islam. I'll give just three reasons;

1. Nigerian students will not read for exams. They hope to pass if they sow their laptops as seed to the pastor. Who makes them think so? The pastors. So how can someone who didn't read pass exams? How can such a person contribute to development?

2. A Muslim will kill you like a chicken and believe he is doing God a favour. Who told him that; the imam. The Muslims don't even bother with life and that's why they believe dying and going to paradise is worth waiting for; the number of innocent lives killed to achieve this doesn't matter.

3. We worship politicians because we believe they've been destined to be rich. We have this notion that everything has been predestined. Who taught us that? Religion. So many people have been given to alcoholism because they've been told to accept how they are. It's God's will.

That's our problem. I can give you more reasons and I bet if you go to south Korea they will never be as gullible as we are in Nigeria.
i dunno of religion, but christianity is never a problem
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by prinzfavian(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Welcome to Nairaland where people click 'like' for just anything.
Post rubbish, they like. Post sometin senseless they not only lik but share too. Just type 'Hmm' some will still like. Oh U tink am wrong ryt? Type 'Seun Osewa' and post it and see If U dnt get numerous likes. undecided
for Ur info, some will still click like for dis comment. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by systemz(m): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Dear Lord.. this discussion is focused on Nigerian religiosity, not what the advanced world practices.
Do you believe Africans descended from Adam and Eve? The Bible said so. It must be true. Bleep evolution.

A pastor raised a baby from death? Yes, Jesus said those who believe will do greater things.

No hospitals? Who cares.. My God has promised to protect me from all diseases. I like your guts maan.

No good roads? God will send his angels to guide me.

No power? God will bless me abundantly so I can buy a generator and live in comfort in the midst of suffering.

Religion, whether foreign or local, hasn't been helpful to Africa and Africans. The results stare us in the face daily. You can choose to deny it if you want to.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by zzzzy: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2016
prinzfavian:
Welcome to Nairaland where people click 'like' for just anything.
Post rubbish, they like. Post sometin senseless they not only lik but share too. Just type 'Hmm' some will still like. Oh U tink am wrong ryt? Type 'Seun Osewa' and post it and see If U dnt get numerous likes. undecided
even this your post will get likes embarassed so sad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!
The Op is suffering from the same thing he's accusing his readers or Nigerians.

Why must we copy whatever Europeans do.

Africans are not naturally Christians, we have our own method of worshipping our own conception of GOD.

Have we ever asked ourselves why AFRICANS BECAME SLAVES AND CHRISTIANS AT THE SAME TIME.

The white men who brought the Bible to African are terrorists, and same time Christians.

The white men came with bullets, guns, and bible to enslave their minds.

Now Nigerians are more Christians than their slave MASTERS.

The people who introduced you Christians, the did it by force. by killing your ancestors who dares challenged them when they, the whites came to steal your lands and natural resources.

I PITY AFRIKKANS.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Wrong. America remains a secular country despite huge number of Christians.

Also, America is not even in the top 3 developed countries

Really?

On what basis did you make that assertion?

Please list the top 3 developed nations

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by justmenoni: 11:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Op your post sounds more of a threat than advice....we'll lv them to follow their so called men of God gullibly but the issue is that why should these so called men of Gods keep on displaying affluent wealth while their fellowship /followers live in poverty.. this is not the wish of God mind you...we tend to compare everything to the western world so I don't see any reason why religion should be an exception in this context....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by ebamma(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2016
I'm always of the thought that this Nigerian Pentecostal Pastors are closet Atheists,
Cos this is a guy that keeps telling you that you cannot cheat God, yet he steals from the tithe pot to buy jets and maintain an opulent lifestyle,

This guy loves his rich members, he does not joke with them, he always finds time to organise special prayers for them,
He blackmails you into parting with your money, with threats that God only blesses those who give,
Yet he is isn't a giver but a taker,
I bet many of this pastors already know that Prayers don't work, since the have prayed many times and didn't get what the prayed for,

To them, a church is the best avenue to get people to part with their hard earned money and it gives you the ability to gain the respect and adoration of many

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Being African is not being foolish.
Being African is not being stupid.
Being African is not rejecting rationality.

You can't claim to be 'AFRICAN', when your core beliefs are built around non-African religions. That's not faith. That's hypocrisy and stupidity.

What is irrational in believing in an eternal God and recognizing the irrefutable fact that He is the creator ?

Atheism does not equate to rationality .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by rexbuton: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2016
@Acidosis I don't know Chris Okafor, but I've watched TBJ many times

TBJ has been enveloped with controversy since he began his ministry. I'm not going to judge him, I'll just x-ray one or two brief facts.
According to Matt 7.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
when TBJ was fairly new, Okotie Chris came out with allegations that TBJ practiced occultism and had dealings with OOU. TBJ never denied them, his church members made videos claiming that he was sexually abusing minors. Shortly after, the PFN published a letter describing him as Anti-christ. i would like to assume these are all propaganda since there was no convincing publicly available proof.

Fast forward to his building collapse, he claimed a strange jet was responsible, not long after, he claimed it was BH. He even provided footage of the strange jet, no one else saw that jet. The controversy that followed was fueled by his attempt to bribe (or monetarily motivate) a journalist investigating the happenings, then NANs came out to protest that the building collapse should not be probed, on what grounds? Finally the report came out, showing that the building was not done according to approved plan. All these from TBJ.

Then the occasional celebrity deliverance sessions (readily available on youtube) look like stage plays. From Jim Iyke's to the man who claimed to be Lucifer himself. Tell me, can Lucifer be delivered? And most thought provoking are his post-prophecies, he has a penchant for retrospective prophesying which doesn't make sense at all. Recently I watched one of his documentaries, they took us on a tour of his early life and childhood, all recorded. They even took us to the school he attended as a child, with his name still on the register, and showed us the desk he used to sit, with his name also on it. Such amazing mysteries of preservation.

With all these, people are just wary of the guy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by excel101(m): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
The only true miracles are well orchestrated lies. From the Virgin birth to the Resurrection, miracles are just exaggerated stories. It doesn't matter who claims to have performed them. Whether TB Culosis or Bonke.
. The reason i believe that made u to be so critical about miracle could be that u've seriously desired it @ a point in ur life but because of ur lack of faith u never got, b4 u now became a fanatic critic about it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:11am On Feb 14, 2016
ebamma:
I'm always of the thought that this Nigerian Pentecostal Pastors are closet Atheists,
Cos this is a guy that keeps telling you that you cannot cheat God, yet he steals from the tithe pot to buy jets and maintain an opulent lifestyle,

This guy loves his rich members, he does not joke with them, he always finds time to organise special prayers for them,
He blackmails you into parting with your money, with threats that God only blesses those who give,
Yet he is isn't a giver but a taker,
I bet many of this pastors already know that Prayers don't work, since the have prayed many times and didn't get what the prayed for,

To them, a church is the best avenue to get people to part with their hard earned money and it gives you the ability to gain the respect and adoration of many

You took one Pastor and then generalized it ? We Christians pray for ourselves and God answers .

Anyway it is high time we disassociated ourselves from Religion and embraced Christianity as a lifestyle
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:11am On Feb 14, 2016
On what basis are you making this statement?

Why do you think Norway is more developed than the U.S. ?

And by the way Norwagieans are generally not religious .

KingEbukasBlog:

Norway is the most developed country in the world and she is very religious

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.