Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58186 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by uzolexis(f): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Secularism reduces the preponderance of religion in the government , schools . And Secularism originated from Christianity .

You need to understand what it means that secularism is not atheism - the disbelief in God/gods .

When we talk of Religion , others come in consideration - Islam and the others .

The proliferation of Muslims in European countries has gone unnoticed . Researches say that Islam by 2050 would be the most practiced Religion not even atheism . Atheism off course would die off

I did not say they were atheist. I said they are not religious which doesn't automatically imply that they are atheist. I can say the same for myself, i am not an atheist but I don't also consider myself religious. It doesn't have to be either/or.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by oodua1stson: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2016
Piss off op

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:51am On Feb 14, 2016
It does not consider wider factors such as science and technology, innovation. For instance the U.S. Registers more patents than the whole of the EU combined. Most scientific solutions are driven by the U.S.

That is why I asked you how u came to that conclusion. HDI is just one index . A prosperous country is not necessarily a developed country

JackBizzle:

Please take your own advice and stop talking nonsense about what you dont know. The HDI uses many criteria and variables to determine the rankings.

criteria such as
-life expectancy
-education level/literacy of citizens
-standard of living
etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paycash: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2016
TB Joshua remains blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by tunnyl(m): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2016
Op what are you saying. "We are backward because we are backward". Seriously?. Whoever said religion is a bad thing?. Our concern is that majority of these miracles are fake or from occult sources.

We want these religious leaders to stop deceiving us with their trickery, its treacherous and yes!, its an impediment to any nation's growth. Why? You may ask. The reason is because many Nigerians have been duped by these false prophets. Also these fake miracles lead to worship of religious leaders by gullible people. It also leads to the problem we have now where you see many Nigerians wasting their precious time seeking miracles rather than get up and go find something productive to engage in. Because Nigerians some of us love God and worship him with the whole of our heart doesnt mean we should be seen as fools.

This is a country on a journey and we need collective awareness to ensure development. Everybody must be carried along, there is no room for gullibility. When we said we need change we dont just mean in the political and economic sectors/ aspects, we also want psychological change. Everybody should be able to distinguish between a true and a false prophet.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Mcowubaba: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

First of all there is sharia law in Nigeria which goes against the Nigerian constitution
Second of all, Nigerians themselves prioritize religion alot
Thirdly, the government until Buhari was wasting money on both xtian and islamic pilgrimage
Also, people have been caught tithing money from stolen funds
Churches and mosques spread a lot of dangerous misinformation- against condoms, against family planning, fake HIV cures etc

So yes, religion is one of the many problems of Nigeria, along corruption and bad governance.
wetin bring sharia law for this matter
U failed to answer the question- HOW DOES NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY PRIORITIZERS RELIGION, do u even knw what that means Oga it means that as a nation we are guided by Religious laws and principles nd we allocate atleast 50% of our budget on Religious activities..
Does Nigerian Government do that..even the so called pilgrimage was not up to 9% of our annual budget (google is ur frnd), so hw did this 9% of our annual budget prevent or limit the actualization of the remaining 90% of our budget undecided..

In ur attempt to prove ur skewed point u made reference to people caught titling with stolen funds in Churches grin cheesy.i laff in finnish..
So since the independence of Nigeria 95% of the funds that has been looted from the Nation were used to pay Title, build churches nd dash pastors, hahahaha..oga abeg go sleep, u no get talk...
so Abacha, IBB, Atiku, Shagari, Shonekan, Tinubu, TA orji Abdulsalami, GEJ et al all brought their 'supposed' loot to Churches grin cheesy..lwkm

So churches nd mosques spread a lot of misinformation, wow..
Even catholic church supports family planning (using a woman's non-fertile periods as a yardstick)
..wetin bring HIV cure nd churches 2geda, na the church give dem HIV eh, nd for ur info, millions have received geniune healing and miracle in Churches nd places of worship...
I hope u even know that u practise religon, atheisim is a religious view ooo... I hope u don't prioritize it more than ur life pursuits grin..
Keep blaming TB joshua, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome for your State's problem nd Governors inepititude..,,
not Kwarruption, greed, incompetence.... Na religion bring dwn oil price grin, na Christianity dey make dollars increase cheesy....
Oga cari ur babe go valentine show for ur area, u no get talk...
M done replying u....peace#

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54am On Feb 14, 2016
uzolexis:

I did not say they were atheist. I said they are not religious which doesn't automatically imply that they are atheist. I can say the same for myself, i am not an atheist but I don't also consider myself religious. It doesn't have to be either/or.

Religiosity in this case is ambiguous - being an adherent to a religion/ affiliated with a Religion and dedication to one's beliefs . I was talking of the former and you the latter .

JackBizzle says they are not religious as regards to their affiliation/adherence to a Religion , that's what we are arguing about
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by fyneboi79(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!
All of them pastors black or white are common thieves! Bloody fake thieving cheap liars! And their followers are f00ls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by uzolexis(f): 11:56am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Religiosity in this case is ambiguous - being an adherent to a religion/ affiliated with a Religion and dedication to one's beliefs . I was talking of the former and you the latter .

JackBizzle says they are not religious as regards to their affiliation/adherence to a Religion , that's what we are arguing about

alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
It does not consider wider factors such as science and technology, innovation. For instance the U.S. Registers more patents than the whole of the EU combined. Most scientific solutions are driven by the U.S.

That is why I asked you how u came to that conclusion. HDI is just one index . A prosperous country is not necessarily a developed country

Ironic that most of those solutions are originally from Japan/South Korea and largely produced in China.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by OCHOdee(f): 11:57am On Feb 14, 2016
Been going through the arguments here, but look what I found angry sad
#hardtruth

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2016
I'm not talking about imitation and manufacturing

I'm referring to the actual product design. The U.S. Outperforms the rest of the world

JackBizzle:

Ironic that most of those solutions are originally from Japan/South Korea and largely produced in China.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by gebest: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
as far as i kn, Reinhard Bonnke will nt ask u to bring ur landed property, cars, nd money, he spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to sponsor his crusade, all by himself, but our nigeria pastors...................hmm.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by TriggerHappi: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm a Christian though Im not all that religious but I do believe in God. Fuuuuuk who don't ✌
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Smooyis(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
ebamma:
If you are a Pastor and you think that you can perform this miracles and see this visions for real,

To clear all our doubts,
The are various schools for the blind deaf and mute in this country, visit there and heal them,
And if you think that you can see visions, tell us where the chibok girls are

Keep waiting for eternity until you see a pastor that will go to the blind school or sambisa forest. If the wonders and miracles I see done in the Synagogue church of all nations had been done in other lands or countries, they would have long repented and changed their ways for good.

Stay tunned to EmmanuelTV live every Sunday and see that God has not really changed. He remains the same for ever more.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

As humanists, we see spirituality in human ingenuity, creativity and art. For instance, take music- just hearing a deep piano sound (horror movie soundtrack) can make you scared or a simple melody can make you happy.

Please stop being delusional . You dont understand what spirituality is all about . Its just like someone saying he sees Christianity in human affection

As for the studies.....well..........google na ur paddy. If you dont know how studies are don then...you should learn to read/research for yourself

cc :unphilaz ... same thing you were complaining of

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Mcowubaba: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
bizgai:
like you don't know the roles religion plays in all of this. Bross Sidon there dey find miracle.
As expected u failed to point out the role Religion plays

I hope u knw u also practise Religion- atheism is a religious view, i guess atheism plays a lot of role in undevelopment...

I am not looking for miracle, I AM A LIVING MIRACLE, my life has been full of GOD's mercies throughout, no reason for regrets in life, its all been great...Jesus Christ leads me on to greater heights daily, hw do u guys survive with Christ ?, Mehn, it must be stressful ooo....grin...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Sanchase: 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
95 percent of Churches in Nigeria is a Scam , take it or leave it !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please stop being delusional . You dont understand what spirituality is all about . Its just like someone saying he sees Christianity in human affection

Ok I lied about spirituality. That one was clearly me being unserious grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
What facts are those ?
That Norway is the most advanced

How do you define development?

In the case of a country's situation ?

And bros I like the way you argue, it is clear you are brilliant but more importantly a passionate Christian but let me tell you this as someone who has links with Scandinavia countries, they are not religious. They are the least religious in Europe

By not being religious , how exactly do you mean?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
I'm not talking about imitation and manufacturing

I'm referring to the actual product design. The U.S. Outperforms the rest of the world

Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toyota, KIA, Honda, Hyundai, JVC, Daewoo, Toshiba etc are all Japanese/south korean companies. Thin again

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Did you notice that all those fall into 2 categories- electronics and cars. US innovation is more diversified . Three U.S. Companies - Google Apple and Facebook are probably more profitable than all those companies you mentioned

The innovation output in Silicon Valley alone is probably higher than Japan these days. Just like her economy , Japanese innovation has stagnated

JackBizzle:

Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toyota, KIA, Honda, Hyundai, JVC, Daewoo, Toshiba etc are all Japanese/south korean companies. Thin again

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

So yes, religion is one of the many problems of Nigeria, along corruption and bad governance.

Religious extremism and intolerance are one the problems in Nigeria .

Will you say the internet is bad because of internet scam , Pgraphic sites , cyber bullying etc
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by banmee(m): 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
UyiIredia:

No. Religion doesn't do away with reason it works with it. Atheists continually, and foolishly I must add, insist otherwise despite glaring evidence to the contrary.

What evidence?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Ebukaobi: 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
I would argue that there are more atheists than Christians in Norway but as always these sort of issues are always fluid And complex

From my observation and with some experiential evidence, Most atheists are usually younger folks who interestingly start re-embracing religion as they get older.

The hippies of the 60s who were strongly anti- religion are now the ones that attend Sunday services.

@ Norway

I was just being difficult, let's forget it

KingEbukasBlog:
That Norway is the most advanced

In the case of a country's situation ?

By not being religious , how exactly do you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by sabdaz: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Seriously, Why do we ridicule religion like this? The only time the Christians unite on any thread at all is when they need to fight Muslims. Whenever someone converts to Islam from Christianity, their tongues turn wholesome. Whenever there is any terrorist attack, Muslims are bashed here and there. Now look at it, instead of propagating religion and take it as a way of life, you bring topics that will cause commotions. Christians here have started dissing their fellow Christians. I don't think anyone has been forced to attend the churches of Oyakhilome or Okafor. Leave anybody to whatever fate he possesses. When there is no love amongst yourselves, how do you get prepared if the enemy is approaching. Whether a pastor performs miracles or magic, if you choose to believe it, fine, if you don't, good.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Okies27(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Dear Lord.. this discussion is focused on Nigerian religiosity, not what the advanced world practices.
Do you believe Africans descended from Adam and Eve? The Bible said so. It must be true. Bleep evolution.

A pastor raised a baby from death? Yes, Jesus said those who believe will do greater things.

No hospitals? Who cares.. My God has promised to protect me from all diseases.

No good roads? God will send his angels to guide me.

No power? God will bless me abundantly so I can buy a generator and live in comfort in the midst of suffering.

Religion, whether foreign or local, hasn't been helpful to Africa and Africans. The results stare us in the face daily. You can choose to deny it if you want to.
. We actually need to learn n i can speak of my own church that generates their own power and so many other things. An American said last year that if our govt can copy some of the things our churches do to become great, Nigeria will become great. I repeat,some churches ...... Our underdevelopment is as a result of govt and not us being religious. Even some of this religious organisations are doing certain things the govt needs to learn from.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:
I would argue that there are more atheists than Christians in Norway but as always these sort of issues are always fluid And complex

From my observation and with some experiential evidence, Most atheists are usually younger folks who interestingly start re-embracing religion as they get older.

The hippies of the 60s who were strongly anti- religion are now the ones that attend Sunday services.

@ Norway

I was just being difficult, let's forget it

Lolz grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Dindondin(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:
The op is as ridiculous as the people he condemns

Black christians following the religion of their white slave masters.

Should we be clamoring for the biggest church in our country to be next to the federal government's headquarters?

Why not the biggest library? Or the biggest hospital.

Miracle ko, magic trick ni!
try to argue without insult.
the op just made a point that its not only religion that makes people go backward.
negative mentality also adds to it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by wisestman(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Sequence to this thread earlier posted today:
https://www.nairaland.com/2920930/chris-okafor-raises-dead-baby

I've noticed so many Nigerians find it easy to run in droves to witness Bonnke's crusade but whenever they hear a Nigerian Pastor performs a miracle, they open their mouths to utter degrading words about Africa, Nigeria, and anything that belittles the country. They even make some of us who believe in God to look stu.pid. Meanwhile, they will never call Reinhard Bonnke's miracle "staged." It is the same sets of people that will occupy his crusade ground to see the International German Evangelist. We attend because he's WHITE?

I really want to know why our people act the way they do. Can't we limit this slave mentality to trade? Must we showcase these attitudes on religious discourses?

If you do not believe, keep quiet and allow their followers hail their OWN. Africa is not the only continent where people serve God. The biggest Church in the world is in South Korea (not Nigeria). Korea is still a developed country with globally acceptable hardwares! They have the biggest church in the world few metres away from the country's National Assembly. Ours is in Mowe, Ogun state, several miles away from Abuja.

Winners Chapel or RCCG in Nigeria, as opposed to what some want us to believe, is not the reason for our poor infrastructure and poor leadership. We are backward because we are backward mentally.

This is a sound warning to intellectual handicaps who always attribute our economic, social and technological woes to Religion, Christianity in particular.

Let's stop this public display of SHAME, please!

I wonder why you waste your time educating people on topic like this , there is no need. they called Jesus worst names how much more his servants. just leave the fool to be a fool and the wise to be wise. everyone has that right.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by noblegrex: 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oyiboman69:
op, you lack etiquette....
op you lack eti gbon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.