Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. (13014 Views)

How Great Is Your God? / "My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

You are confused grin, don't be.

Christ is the express image of the invisible God, Christ is God in the flesh.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. Christ is the Word of God.

And the word became flesh and dwelled among us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by surveymarket: 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Good scriptural reference, whenever you see a woman arguing over this issue of head or not, its always a pointer that she is an adulterer if married or a fornicator if not.
The biblical reference is teaching us that woman should submit totally to their husband just like a born again Christian is submitted to Christ...Actually if you are not born again its difficult to have full understanding of things like this. You need the Holy spirit...the Head--Christ to Church and Man to Woman.. Amazing

Woman was created from Man and Without Christ there will never be a Church

Woman Obey submit to your husband not the other way round..Women that submit to thier husbands always enjoy their marriage

Heaven is always better Angels descending and ascending even in Church, showing How powerful Christ the head of Church is an how blessed a woman that submits to husband is
ANGELS DESCENDED PHYSICALLY IN CHURCH DURING LIVE SERVICE
I have seen still Images of Angels
But this is Real LIVE images of Angels in Church
Watch the video by clicking on this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XUh7-Kk948

ENJOY...
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmm, mr president. You re right to an extend.

Until the woman embraces the law that gorverned the marriage. Things will never work out properly.

Whenever a woman becomes the head of the family because of her financial strenght, then that family will ever be in bondage. And such a woman will never be happy even if she is the president of a country. And that's why this country can never move foward, because majorities of our leaders today it is their wives who is controlling their homes.

And if a man cannot control his own household how can he control a country, even a church.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MostHigh: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ishilove:

We drop it in church angry

The body is the temple.. He put aside the first temple that he may establish the reality
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by analice107: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

To worship means to acknowledge worth, acknowledgement of worth. You don't agree that your husband is your god? lol. You worship God by submitting to to your husband. Can you see God? No, but the man he has placed over you is His physical representation, so your submission to him is your worship of God. Can you worship God abstractly? How do you worship what you do not see? Maybe you should look up anthropomorphism, but I digress. How do you measure the 'substantiality' of what is unseen? The heavens and the earth declares the greatness of the eternally invisible God.

Marriage is the smallest unit of the relationship between God and man, this relationship is replicated in every strata of society, God is the husband of Buhari, Buhari is the husband of his Ministers, Ministers are the husbands of perm. secs, perm secs are the husbands of directors and so on... until the man is the husband of the woman. When God is the head, as in a God fearing man because the ways of a God fearing man is directed by God, it will have a trickle down effect, and submission to the head is the veneration of God. How do you obey God your maker if not by obeying His commandments?

Your husband is your god as Adam was god to Eve, as Abraham was god to Sarah, submission to your god, is submission to God!

Yes! Give your offerings to your husband because you connect to God through him not your pastor!

Anyway, it is the quality of the men of nowadays that informs you position, it is not your fault really, I am sure you will have no qualms whatsoever in submitting completely to a god fearing man who will guide and direct you completely in the ways of YAH.
What?. No sir. Here is heresy.
I think I understand where your stand now. And you are wrong sir. God did not place man over woman, for the woman to worship him. Why that is, is to maintain law and order. Worship is to be done, in spirit and in truth. That means, yes, worshipping God abstractly. And we are not to worship what we see.
Deut. 4:15-19. Take heed to yourselves, for you saw no manner of similitude (form) on the day that the Lord spoke to you... Pls read all. God is a spirit sir.
Man does not represent God in the life of a woman. Everyone answers to God. The man sins, the woman sins, they both needs redemption, and Christ redeemed them both.
That same Ephesians 5:21 enjoin both husbands and wives to submit ONE TO ANOTHER in the fear of God. If we should go with your interpretation of submission meaning worship as in paying obeisance, then God should be removed entirely from the scene, because, the husband will be worshipping (submitting) to his wife, while the wife will also be worshipping (submitting) to her husband.
WTH are you talking about women giving offerings to their husband's instead of their pastors. Aaahhh. So the offering we give is to the pastor and not to God?
Sir, this is the highest level of canality Ooo.
Who came up with the idea of offering in the first place? Was it God or the pastor? My dear, that pastors are stealing God's offering and neglecting the purpose for which those offerings are meant for, doesn't mean the offerings belongs to the pastors. Any man who steals, is of the devil. And all our works shall be tested by fire on the last day. 1Cor 3:13-15. We will give account, all of us.

Sir, Adam was never god to eve. As a matter of fact, it was the Fall that brought Eve under the control of her husband. Gen 3:16. Eve for doing this, from today, I will greatly increase your labour pains and YOUR DESIRE SHALL BE OF YOUR HUSBAND, AND HE SHALL RULE OVER THEE.
What this means is that, before you take any decision, you must check with your husband first.

original, Eve was never under the control of Adam. Adam controlled the animals not a fellow human.
God never created any human to bear rule over another. That's why in Matt 20:20-28 Jesus said to his disciples who wanted to be greatest and bear rule over others that, that is what the unbelievers do, but in the fold everybody is equal. Sisters and brothers in the fold.
when Christ resurrected, he restored the woman back. How did he do that? He gave the Holy Ghost both to men and to women.
He gave spiritual gifts both to men and to women.
When Jesus said, 'Come unto me ALL who labour and are heavy laden', He wasn't referring to men alone. He didn't say, men come and women, go to your husband's.
Pls this your teaching is totally wrong, in the sense that, there are somany women without husbands. Who then will they worship? So you are implying that since they don't have husbands, their submission to God is not acceptable? Wat??.

But husband's has a very Hugh role to play in the lives of the wives. And we shd submit to them in obedience not in strive.
Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MrPresident1: 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
analice107:

I think I understand where your stand now. And you are wrong sir. God did not place man over woman, for the woman to worship him. Why that is, is to maintain law and order. Worship is to be done, in spirit and in truth. That means, yes, worshipping God abstractly. And we are not to worship what we see.
Deut. 4:15-19. Take heed to yourselves, for you saw no manner of similitude (form) on the day that the Lord spoke to you... Pls read all. God is a spirit sir.
Man does not represent God in the life of a woman. Everyone answers to God. The man sins, the woman sins, they both needs redemption, and Christ redeemed them both.
That same Ephesians 5:21 enjoin both husbands and wives to submit ONE TO ANOTHER in the fear of God. If we should go with your interpretation of submission meaning worship as in paying obeisance, then God should be removed entirely from the scene, because, the husband will be worshipping (submitting) to his wife, while the wife will also be worshipping (submitting) to her husband.
WTH are you talking about women giving offerings to their husband's instead of their pastors. Aaahhh. So the offering we give is to the pastor and not to God?
Who came up with the idea of offering in the first place? Was it God or the pastor? My dear, that pastors are stealing God's offering and neglecting the purpose for which those offerings are meant for, doesn't mean the offerings belongs to the pastors. Any man who steals, is of the devil. And all our works shall be tested by fire on the last day. 1Cor 3:13-15. We will give account, all of us.

Sir, Adam was never god to eve. As a matter of fact, it was the Fall that brought Eve under the control of her husband. Gen 3:16. Eve for doing this, from today, I will greatly increase your labour pains and YOUR DESIRE SHALL BE OF YOUR HUSBAND, AND HE SHALL RULE OVER THEE.
What this means is that, before you take any decision, you must check with your husband first.

original, Eve was never under the control of Adam. Adam controlled the animals not a fellow human.
God never created any human to bear rule over another. That's why in Matt 20:20-28 Jesus said to his disciples who wanted to be greatest and bear rule over others that, that is what the unbelievers do, but in the fold everybody is equal. Sisters and brothers in the fold.
when Christ resurrected, he restored the woman back. How did he do that? He gave the Holy Ghost both to men and to women.
When Jesus said, 'Come unto me ALL who labour and are heavy laden', He wasn't referring to men alone. He didn't say, men come and women, go to your husband's.
Pls this your teaching is totally wrong, in the sense that, there are somany women without husbands. Who then will they worship? So you are implying that since they don't have husbands, their submission to God is not acceptable? Wat??.

But husband's has a very Hugh role to play in the lives of the wives. And we shd submit to them in obedience not in strive.
Amen.

Your points are very well presented. We shall all understand better by and by. wink

1 Like

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MrPresident1: 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
An0nimus:
MrPresident1 can you please throw my light on the next verse?

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

I do not have much to say here, Christ loved His church and gave Himself for her, husbands are encouraged to love their wives just as Christ loved His church, Christ died for His church in love, if it were possible, the husband should be willing to take a bullet for his wife too, this is the end of love, to be willing to lay down your life for the one you love.

Ephesians 5:28-30
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
analice107:

Amen.

Well written and wonderfully presented

1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ishilove:

Well written and wonderfully presented

@the meme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@the meme
N'woke, your head is there grin
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ishilove:

N'woke, your head is there grin

Ehe na wink
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

By submitting completely to her husband, yes! grin

Should they submit when there husband's direction is against God's?

1 Like

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by analice107: 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Princewell2012:
Hmmm, mr president. You re right to an extend.

Until the woman embraces the law that gorverned the marriage. Things will never work out properly.

Whenever a woman becomes the head of the family because of her financial strenght, then that family will ever be in bondage. And such a woman will never be happy even if she is the president of a country. And that's why this country can never move foward, because majorities of our leaders today it is their wives who is controlling their homes.

And if a man cannot control his own household how can he control a country, even a church.
My brother. Any home you see a woman in authority, that means the man has failed in his duties. Anytime you see a woman in a place of authority in a home, she misbehaves because, she can't and doesn't have it in her to bear role.
Mr President is right by saying that the family or marriage likens the relationship between Christ (the bridegroom) and the church (the bride). Remember Christ uses the known to explain the unknown.
Let's us agree to suppose that what Mr President is saying is true. Under that supposition, it then means that, a husband has a very hard and important responsibility of ushering his wife aright. How can he do this successfully, if he himself is not subject to christ? While he himself is subject to sin and weakness?
Let's look at Ephe5: 22-27.
Wives, submit yourselves unto your OWN husbands(meaning the husband must be married to one wife).
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church, and he is the Saviour of the body.
25. Husbands love your wives in all things even as Christ love the church, and gave himself for it.
26. That HE might SANCTIFY and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
27. That he might present it to himself a glorified church, without Ringle or spot.
There are two things here.
1. If the husband must play the role of God over his wife, then the husband must be blameless, spotless, without blemish. So that he can have what it takes to prepare his wife as such and present her as such to God. Can a man be that?
This also means that, the man must be completely submissive to Christ and will answer to God why his wife is wayward, ignorant and disobedient. This means that, the man must be a man in all respect. Not like Adam who wanted to be a man, but will easily run and hide behind a Eve and let her take the fall for his irresponsibility. Providing for his home adequately, spiritually and physically. Praying and feeding her with the word of God and living as an example for her to see.
Keeping her straight before God. Meaning he has to be an authority where the word is concerned.
Meaning he has to be very responsible to command his wife's respect.
Meaning, he will answer for his wife's misdemeanors before God. Can he do all these?
Secondly, How can a godly woman submit to an ungodly man? because, you know, God gave this order, but she is married to an unbeliever. She married him before she got saved. Now she sees from the scripture that, she must, as a matter of fact obey and submit to her husband. How can she do that and still do God's will?.
I know a woman who married a cultist. She didn't have any ish with it until she got saved. After that, her husband says, no prayer in this house. No church attendance in this house. No pastor or sister of brother in Christ comes to this house. In this case, what will she do? Remember she's a wife and her husband is a husband irrespective of whether he is saved or not. It's a marriage, shd she submit to this man against God's will?
Me? lol. I will pray Satan out of my home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by An0nimus: 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

I do not have much to say here, Christ loved His church and gave Himself for her, husbands are encouraged to love their wives just as Christ loved His church, Christ died for His church in love, if it were possible, the husband should be willing to take a bullet for his wife too, this is the end of love, to be willing to lay down your life for the one you love.

Ephesians 5:28-30
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Someone might also understand that verse to mean the man has to (not just be willing to) pay the ultimate price to show his love to his wife. Since the wife has to worship her husband like her Lord and saviour.

The man is the head of the family and the woman is asked to submit to him. Agreed. How the submitting now transcended into total reverence, worshipping, paying of tithes and offerings and probably singing of praises is where some of us on this thread have a problem agreeing to.

analice107 thanks for that beautiful post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MostHigh: 9:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
An0nimus:

Someone might also understand that verse to mean the man has to (not just be willing to) pay the ultimate price to show his love to his wife. Since the wife has to worship her husband like her Lord and saviour.

The man is the head of the family and the woman is asked to submit to him. Agreed. How the submitting now transcended into total reverence, worshipping, paying of tithes and offerings and probably singing of praises is where some of us on this thread have a problem agreeing to.

No need for external show of worship as it written sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not but a body hath thou preparedest for me.

The woman should worship bodily.. Meaning worship in her every breath her day to day living and interaction with the man.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Oahray: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ishilove:

My eyes cannot see this alone

An0ni.mous, nu.well, Oah.ray, Refer.ence and co, please share your thoughts.
hmmm... Good thing you didn't try to see it alone. It's a terribly twisted interpretation of scripture. Lemme try to get the whole gist first sha.

Been ages, aunty Ishi.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MostHigh: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oahray:
hmmm... Good thing you didn't try to see it alone. It's a terribly twisted interpretation of scripture. Lemme try to get the whole gist first sha.

Been ages, aunty Ishi.

U make judgement already without getting d whole jist?

grin
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Oahray: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
MostHigh:

U make judgement already without getting d whole jist?

grin
lol. She quoted a post. The judgement was for that post. The 'whole gist' I want to get is the conversation flow of the thread. It's not the same thing.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
Oahray:

Been ages, aunty Ishi.
Indeed, darling. Very long time.

MrPresident1's curious interpretation of the scriptures got my heart palpitating
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
analice107:

My brother. Any home you see a woman in authority, that means the man has failed in his duties. Anytime you see a woman in a place of authority in a home, she misbehaves because, she can't and doesn't have it in her to bear role.
Mr President is right by saying that the family or marriage likens the relationship between Christ (the bridegroom) and the church (the bride). Remember Christ uses the known to explain the unknown.
Let's us agree to suppose that what Mr President is saying is true. Under that supposition, it then means that, a husband has a very hard and important responsibility of ushering his wife aright. How can he do this successfully, if he himself is not subject to christ? While he himself is subject to sin and weakness?
Wives, submit yourselves unto your OWN husbands(meaning the husband must be married to one wife).
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church, and he is the Saviour of the body.
25. Husbands love your wives in all things even as Christ love the church, and gave himself for it.
26. That HE might SANCTIFY and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
27. That he might present it to himself a glorified church, without Ringle or spot.
1. If the husband must play the role of God over his wife, then the husband must be blameless, spotless, without blemish. So that he can have what it takes to prepare his wife as such and present her as such to God. Can a man be that?
This also means that, the man must be completely submissive to Christ and will answer to God why his wife is wayward, ignorant and disobedient. This means that, the man must be a man in all respect. Not like Adam who wanted to be a man, but will easily run and hide behind a Eve and let her take the fall for his irresponsibility. Providing for his home adequately, spiritually and physically. Praying and feeding her with the word of God and living as an example for her to see.
Keeping her straight before God. Meaning he has to be an authority where the word is concerned.
Meaning, he will answer for his wife's misdemeanors before God. Can he do all these?
Secondly, How can a godly woman submit to an ungodly man? because, you know, God gave this order, but she is married to an unbeliever. She married him before she got saved. Now she sees from the scripture that, she must, as a matter of fact obey and submit to her husband. How can she do that and still do God's will?.
I know a woman who married a cultist. She didn't have any ish with it until she got saved. After that, her husband says, no prayer in this house. No church attendance in this house. No pastor or sister of brother in Christ comes to this house. In this case, what will she do? Remember she's a wife and her husband is a husband irrespective of whether he is saved or not. It's a marriage, shd she submit to this man against God's will?
You have spoken well. Very beautiful submission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
analice107:

Hmmmm..analice107. You have spoken extensively that I have decided to check your moniker. Hmmmm to be honest, you made a very valid points here and I must commend that.

I also appreciate God for your life for the knowledge of the bible he endorsed on you.

But where am not comfortable in this your write up, is where you mentioned that where a man had failed makes the woman to lead the home Pls ma can you shade more light on that? Again, all these places where women are in authority are you also saying that their husband has also failed?

However if you carefully take a look at my eilier post to mr president, I'd says I agreed with him to an extend, then I have my reservation.
If husband becomes a god to his wife does not make him an almighty God. See exodus 7;vs 1. And God said to moses see I have made thee a God to pharoah... Now that does not make moses an almighty God, but he has given him authority over pharoah. This is also applicable between husband and wife. God have set the man over the woman in all things but today because of education the world has turn the tide, everything is now opposite. How many women today can call their husband lord Hmmmm you see pride is a dangerous sin against God and can bring anybody down even a nation.

Yes that's why you must look before you lip. You have no business maring and unbeliever and if by chance you do so, you must bear the consequences. Afterall what does light have to do with darkness? The bible says paraventure if a believing woman perhaps may gain her unbelieving husband. But note, it is not a permission to marry an unbeliever. It is for those who are already there for no cause reason, let him not leave him alone.

You see apostle paul was very careful in other not to support divorce so he has to apply wisdom, hence the bible does not support divorce.
So my sister if you find yourself into that circumstances, you have to carry your cross.and that does not mean you should lord it over him, You can only pray yourself out, and I know God will surely come to you resque. You might win him for God and he become a responsible man.
Because I know that every godly man is always responsible and will always take God first in everything he does.
Our father abraham is an example of them. Even though his wife calls him lord, yet he know he has a God that he always reverence and worship.

I wish I can have a bible discussion with you. We can always learn from each others. Peace. Happy sunday.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
JMAN05:

Should they submit when there husband's direction is against God's?

Hmmm how doe she manage to get into that relationship in the first place Husband direction is against God.

What are you suggesing
Become the head why the husband becomes the body

Ingage the husband in serious fight Just curious.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by MrPresident1: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
analice107:

I decided not to make any major comments on your post because I do not want to be drawn into winding arguments, and Ishilove had already created an alibi by saying I was engaging in semantic word play to deceive or to confuse people, but I realize that if I refuse to say anything I will inadvertently be promoting ignorance of the Bible, this runs against my purpose here, which is to open as many eyes as YAH permits. And please for the records, don’t you ever accuse me of heresy again, don’t you ever! Because you are just plain ignorant!

[b]I used the etymology of the word ‘worship’ to explain what worship means, worship means the acknowledgement of worth, a woman acknowledges the worth of the man God has placed over her as her husband and her crown by submitting to him, this act of obedience to God’s commandment is her worship and adulation and veneration of God. You pay obeisance or you worship God by obeying his commandments. You cannot worship God abstractly, you cannot worship what you cannot see, you cannot venerate what is unseen, in Deuteronomy, Moses told Israel not to bow down or scrape to idols because it was a most foolish thing to do, how do you as a human being bow to lifeless wood and stone and rocks? Israel was commanded to worship the unseen God by carefully obeying His commandments, to love God and to love one’s neighbours, and this by showing love and mercy to your fellow human beings, when you show love and kindness and mercy to your fellow human beings, you are venerating God, this is worship. You got it completely wrong and twisted because you did not understand the meaning of worship, and you do not need to gather in hundreds in order to hold formalized worship services, 2 or 3 people and God is in their midst.
The words that I speak to you they are spirit and they are life, to obey God’s commandments is to live in truth and in spirit, to obey God, to submit to him is your worship[/b]

[b]
A Man represents authority over a woman, I have said severally that the marriage between a man and a woman is the smallest microcosm of the relationship between God and Man. Christ redeemed both the man and the woman does not destroy the order and hierarchy of the world, Christ is over His church as the man is over His wife. A good man will take care of his wife like his own body, he has her back 25 hours out of 24 hours every day and 8 days out of 7 days, the woman submits to her God fearing husband because he is a man that is divinely directed, if she does not submit, she will err and she will be punished. God has the back of a God fearing man 8 days out of 7 days of the week. Love submits, but submission is not expressly demanded from the man, if finally he has to use the veto power in the home, his woman must submit to him. Of course the woman may be better educated and/or have a bigger worldview than her husband, a wise man recognizes this fact and will see reason with his wife and will not try to bludgeon his wife to submission to his own ultimate stupidity and foolishness.
A man sins and a woman sins, quite right, but we are talking about a marriage relationship here, in marriage, the man is a god to his wife, he will provide her spiritual guidance and direction and the woman must submit to it because it is through her husband that she will connect to God, just as the church connects to God via Christ, if she sees God in her pastor rather than in her husband then something is fundamentally wrong with that marriage, a woman must see God through her husband not through her pastor.[/b]

A woman’s offering to God must be through her husband not through her pastor, and that offering can be used for whatever purpose. My position is informed by women who make donations to churches and pastors, because they see God in pastor rather than in their husbands, I stated clearly that if she is looking for something, she should give those offerings to God not through pastor but through her husband. A wife’s offering through her God fearing husband is a sacrifice to God and is as good as presenting it to God Himself, the man is at liberty to dispense it as he wills, of course a wise husband well informed of his wife’s reasons will dispense wisely. And church is not necessarily only a place or gathering for formalized worship, if the husband and wife are one person, then with another person joining them, you have a church already.

[b]

This is a load of ignorant bullshit.
Adam was a god to Eve in the sense that Adam got the law from God and it was his duty to teach the law to his wife Eve. Adam and Eve is not the story of a single man and woman but the story of Israel and her fall allegorically presented in Genesis, the fall (and redemption) of Israel recorded from the beginning, in the nature of God, declaring the end from the beginning. When Adam and Eve fell, they both became naked, Adam lost God and automatically Eve lost God too, powerful Adam who controlled the world became powerless, he became ordinary, the serpent to whom they lost power became their husband, the husband of Adam and Eve. And Adam did not rule animals: birds of the air, beasts of the field, creeping things, cattle, are terms used to describe the beastly nature of the men of those times who did not have the law of God as their operating software, Adam was the first man to discover the law of God which is symbolically presented as the creation of man or God breath into man and man became a living being or do you not know that the Word of God is the Spirit of God? Before the law, only beasts existed, the law of God inside Adam is what made him a living being, this Word of God inside Adam made him a living soul.
And yes originally, Adam did not rule over Eve, you do not rule over the one you love, rather he provided guidance and direction and headship to her, but when they both fell, Adam lost God and Eve without spiritual support devolved, they both were naked (unprotected by God) and they both became wife to the serpent, to be ruled over!
Adam is the allegorical name for the rulers (or gates) of Israel, Eve is the allegorical name of the masses of ancient Israelites.[/b]

[b]There are leaders Adam and there are followers Eve, you are just messing up the Word, what is the business of Mathew 20 here? We are talking about marriage where God has established a hierarchical relationship and you are talking about Jesus and his disciples, are both scenarios related? Was Jesus Illustrating marriage? Have you forgotten that Paul said he does not suffer a woman to usurp authority over a man in the congregation 1 Tim 2:12? And just so you know, an addendum information, the gospel of Jesus Christ as told by Mathew Mark Luke and John is a condensed story, the character of Jesus Christ in those stories represented as one man is actually a number of men, Jesus Christ is not one person, Jesus Christ is 144,000 persons! And everything in the gospels is presented allegorically, symbolically and in illustrations.
He gave the Holy Ghost to men and women, did he destroy the hierarchy in marriage? You are quoting absent coherence, linking unrelated stories and making a mess off the Bible![/b]

Amen.

Continue to pin unrelated stories together, are you sure your purpose here is not to deceive people like Ishilove? Come unto me all ye that labour… is marriage the subject here? Anybody can come to Christ but in a marriage, a married woman will access Christ via her husband just as the Church accesses God via Christ, abi don’t you pray in Jesus name in your church? For women who do not have husbands, there is always a male authority she can defer to, her father is there, and then her pastor can be there too, but for a woman who is married, her husband will perform that duty. This is why God places a lot of premium on widows because He understands the difficulty they face absent their heads

Exodus 22:22-24
Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

I question your purpose fundamentally on this thread, and don't you ever accuse me of heresy again, ever!

Ever!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
MrPresident1:

I decided not to make any major comments on your post because I do not want to be drawn into winding arguments, and Ishilove had already created an alibi by saying I was engaging in semantic word play to deceive or to confuse people, but I realize that if I refuse to say anything I will inadvertently be promoting ignorance of the Bible, this runs against my purpose here, which is to open as many eyes as YAH permits. And please for the records, don’t you ever accuse me of heresy again, don’t you ever! Because you are just plain ignorant!

[b]I used the etymology of the word ‘worship’ to explain what worship means, worship means the acknowledgement of worth, a woman acknowledges the worth of the man God has placed over her as her husband and her crown by submitting to him, this act of obedience to God’s commandment is her worship and adulation and veneration of God. You pay obeisance or you worship God by obeying his commandments. You cannot worship God abstractly, you cannot worship what you cannot see, you cannot venerate what is unseen, in Deuteronomy, Moses told Israel not to bow down or scrape to idols because it was a most foolish thing to do, how do you as a human being bow to lifeless wood and stone and rocks? Israel was commanded to worship the unseen God by carefully obeying His commandments, to love God and to love one’s neighbours, and this by showing love and mercy to your fellow human beings, when you show love and kindness and mercy to your fellow human beings, you are venerating God, this is worship. You got it completely wrong and twisted because you did not understand the meaning of worship, and you do not need to gather in hundreds in order to hold formalized worship services, 2 or 3 people and God is in their midst.
The words that I speak to you they are spirit and they are life, to obey God’s commandments is to live in truth and in spirit, to obey God, to submit to him is your worship[/b]

[b]
A Man represents authority over a woman, I have said severally that the marriage between a man and a woman is the smallest microcosm of the relationship between God and Man. Christ redeemed both the man and the woman does not destroy the order and hierarchy of the world, Christ is over His church as the man is over His wife. A good man will take care of his wife like his own body, he has her back 25 hours out of 24 hours every day and 8 days out of 7 days, the woman submits to her God fearing husband because he is a man that is divinely directed, if she does not submit, she will err and she will be punished. God has the back of a God fearing man 8 days out of 7 days of the week. Love submits, but submission is not expressly demanded from the man, if finally he has to use the veto power in the home, his woman must submit to him. Of course the woman may be better educated and/or have a bigger worldview than her husband, a wise man recognizes this fact and will see reason with his wife and will not try to bludgeon his wife to submission to his own ultimate stupidity and foolishness.
A man sins and a woman sins, quite right, but we are talking about a marriage relationship here, in marriage, the man is a god to his wife, he will provide her spiritual guidance and direction and the woman must submit to it because it is through her husband that she will connect to God, just as the church connects to God via Christ, if she sees God in her pastor rather than in her husband then something is fundamentally wrong with that marriage, a woman must see God through her husband not through her pastor.[/b]

A woman’s offering to God must be through her husband not through her pastor, and that offering can be used for whatever purpose. My position is informed by women who make donations to churches and pastors, because they see God in pastor rather than in their husbands, I stated clearly that if she is looking for something, she should give those offerings to God not through pastor but through her husband. A wife’s offering through her God fearing husband is a sacrifice to God and is as good as presenting it to God Himself, the man is at liberty to dispense it as he wills, of course a wise husband well informed of his wife’s reasons will dispense wisely. And church is not necessarily only a place or gathering for formalized worship, if the husband and wife are one person, then with another person joining them, you have a church already.

[b]

Adam was a god to Eve in the sense that Adam got the law from God and it was his duty to teach the law to his wife Eve. Adam and Eve is not the story of a single man and woman but the story of Israel and her fall allegorically presented in Genesis, the fall (and redemption) of Israel recorded from the beginning, in the nature of God, declaring the end from the beginning. When Adam and Eve fell, they both became naked, Adam lost God and automatically Eve lost God too, powerful Adam who controlled the world became powerless, he became ordinary, the serpent to whom they lost power became their husband, the husband of Adam and Eve. And Adam did not rule animals: birds of the air, beasts of the field, creeping things, cattle, are terms used to describe the beastly nature of the men of those times who did not have the law of God as their operating software, Adam was the first man to discover the law of God which is symbolically presented as the creation of man or God breath into man and man became a living being or do you not know that the Word of God is the Spirit of God? Before the law, only beasts existed, the law of God inside Adam is what made him a living being, this Word of God inside Adam made him a living soul.
And yes originally, Adam did not rule over Eve, you do not rule over the one you love, rather he provided guidance and direction and headship to her, but when they both fell, Adam lost God and Eve without spiritual support devolved, they both were naked (unprotected by God) and they both became wife to the serpent, to be ruled over!
Adam is the allegorical name for the rulers (or gates) of Israel, Eve is the allegorical name of the masses of ancient Israelites.[/b]

There are leaders Adam and there are followers Eve, you are just messing up the Word, what is the business of Mathew 20 here? We are talking about marriage where God has established a hierarchical relationship and you are talking about Jesus and his disciples, are both scenarios related? Was Jesus Illustrating marriage? Have you forgotten that Paul said he does not suffer a woman to usurp authority over a man in the congregation 1 Tim 2:12? And just so you know, an addendum information, the gospel of Jesus Christ as told by Mathew Mark Luke and John is a condensed story, the character of Jesus Christ in those stories represented as one man is actually a number of men, Jesus Christ is not one person, Jesus Christ is 144,000 persons! And everything in the gospels is presented allegorically, symbolically and in illustrations.
He gave the Holy Ghost to men and women, did he destroy the hierarchy in marriage? You are quoting absent coherence, linking unrelated stories and making a mess off the Bible![/b]

Continue to pin unrelated stories together, are you sure your purpose here is not to deceive people like Ishilove? Come unto me all ye that labour… is marriage the subject here? Anybody can come to Christ but in a marriage, a married woman will access Christ via her husband just as the Church accesses God via Christ, abi don’t you pray in Jesus name in your church? For women who do not have husbands, there is always a male authority she can defer to, her father is there, and then her pastor can be there too, but for a woman who is married, her husband will perform that duty. This is why God places a lot of premium on widows because He understands the difficulty they face absent their heads

23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

I question your purpose fundamentally on this thread, and don't you ever accuse me of heresy again, ever!

Ever!

O ma ga ke. This one that you are raking like this, it seems val didn't go well. Did bae stand you up? Abi you no gree carry her go cinema? grin grin

You, sir, have twisted the word completely and i disagree with your submission. Completely. A woman will access Christ through her husband...i mean, what the Bleep?!

I repeat, a man is not a god to his wife, and yes, we can worship what is unseen.

analice107, please post your rejoinder.

Acidosis, I would like you to share your thoughts
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Acidosis(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
MrPresident1:
So if you want to be blessed as a wife, give sacrifices to your husband. Woman, stop giving sacrificial offerings to your pastors, a woman’s head is not her pastor, her husband is her head. Woman, give those offerings to your husband, you are giving your offerings to God directly by giving it to your husband.

Woman, when you are in need of anything, when you are pursuing any goal, when you have obstacles blocking your path to a particular target, then make sacrifices to your husband and immediately see seemingly insurmountable mountain turn to meek valleys, this is the way God designed the world, this is why Sarah called Abraham her Lord; the world is differentiated into husbands aka the leaders and the wives aka the followers.

Ephesians 5:23-24
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

The husband is the head and his wife is his body just as Christ is the head of and His body is the church.
Your analysis is inappropriate bro.

See this:

"As Fashola is subject to Buhari, so is a tenant subject to his landlord."

"As Kobo is subject to the Naira, so is Cent subject to the Dollar."

These are simple relational statements. Linking cent to kobo in the aforementioned makes no sense.

Christ is the head of the Church (not the head of man only, but the Church). The Church is not made for MEN only.

"As children are subjects to their parents", does not mean they won't be severely beaten in School if they fail to OBEY their PRINCIPAL. Children are subjects to parents, but does it stops any child from paying school fees? NO. So why do you want to steal your wife's money?

Of course, the Man is the head of the wife, but not the head of her life. Christ remains the HEAD of our lives (CHURCH).
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by mcsnup: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrPresident1:

[b]

[b]

[b]There are leaders Adam and there are followers Eve, you are just messing up the Word, what is the business of Mathew 20 here? We are talking about marriage where God has established a hierarchical relationship and you are talking about Jesus and his disciples, are both scenarios related? Was Jesus Illustrating marriage? Have you forgotten that Paul said he does not suffer a woman to usurp authority over a man in the congregation 1 Tim 2:12? And just so you know, an addendum information, the gospel of Jesus Christ as told by Mathew Mark Luke and John is a condensed story, the character of Jesus Christ in those stories represented as one man is actually a number of men, Jesus Christ is not one person, Jesus Christ is 144,000 persons! And everything in the gospels is presented allegorically, symbolically and in illustrations.

Ever!

you probably would be housing a slave in place of a wife. My ignorant opinion as you would say.

1 Like

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Amberon: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
you cannot change the christian standard of life to suit your fleshly desires. Just cuz you can't stick to one woman don't mean you should twist the word of God.

in the beginning God made Eve for Adam, not Eves for Adam. That God allowed Sodomy then didn't mean he sanctioned it. Same way God allowed the Holocaust to happen, doesn't mean he sanctions killings and barbarity.
Pyrrho:
I thought we were not.

My point is, you are right about the man being God to there wives(according to the Bible). But this kind of doctrines should be discarded. The entire stories in the Bible should be reduced to what it is. A primitive story.

The Quran should be buried, and never be mentioned.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Ishilove: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
mcsnup:
you probably would be housing a slave in place of a wife. My ignorant opinion as you would say.
O ya mi l'enu. Not one single person agrees with him, but hell no, we are ALL ignorant
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
analice107:

Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ishilove:

O ma ga ke. This one that you are raking like this, it seems val didn't go well. Did bae stand you up? Abi you no gree carry her go cinema? grin grin

You, sir, have twisted the word completely and i disagree with your submission. Completely. A woman will access Christ through her husband...i mean, what the Bleep?!

I repeat, a man is not a god to his wife, and yes, we can worship what is unseen.

analice107, please post your rejoinder.

Acidosis, I would like you to share your thoughts

Mr president had made a very good piont.

What you don't know is bigger than you. I understand him quite clear. He has a very good knowledge of the bible.
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by analice107: 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
MrPresident1:

[b]

[b]

Ever!

Yes Master lord
Re: Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. by Princewell2012(m): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
An0nimus:

Yes I have a problem with her post.

I disagree with her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Olodumare And "god/allah" The Same Entity/concept/word? / Life Changing Lesson From The Story Of A Woman Caught In Adultery In The Bible / Pastor Adeboye: Enugu State Government Allowed Us Use The Stadium Without Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 261
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.