Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town (1698 Views)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Aisha Buhari Vs Model: Who Wore The Cape Dress Better? / Aisha Buhari In N1.2million Cape Dress (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by CPriest: 12:50am On Feb 09, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa. 3 bedroom apartment with
1. electronics in every room,
2. 4 burner and oven electric stove,
3. water geyser (giant water heater)
4. 247 power supply.

How much do you pay ESKOM? R300 or about N5000 monthly for electricity.

Ojuelegba, Lagos.
One room face me with
1. one bulb,
2. one socket,
3. 12 hours weekly power.

PHCN charges N5k. Aluta continua.

As at 2011, Nigeria carried one of the highest electricity tarriffs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by Sleekydee(m): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2016
bilikisu ooooooooh!!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by Chazzyboy: 1:20am On Feb 09, 2016
Weep no more
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 09, 2016
Until we stone those Big belle thieves, they'll keep Milking us. I never see light Since 2days now, Generator everywhere. Oga o
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by oduastates: 1:27am On Feb 09, 2016
You are paying your bills and the bills of those who are not paying .
You are also paying the price for having a unitary state.
I doubt fashola will go in like a bull in the china shop. It is not his way else he would never have backed down from his okada ban or LASU fees ( which I support)
Many of those to whom Jonathan sold those power assets are the same bastards who destroyed the country.
They know nothing about power ( technical know how) and do not have investable funds . They bought it for the rents .
Fashola will only seek to improve on the system rather than to totally dismantle it.
That is simply his style or should I say weakness.
He is also an American free market style republican.
On the tariffs, unfortunately this is probably closer to the real market tariff when the cost of production is considered and the age of your power infrastructure is considered. A substantial chunk of electricity generated is also lost as heat( SS 2 physics) .
Your entire power infrastructure is as rickety as trying to squeeze water out of dry sand. It is probably cheaper in the long run to allow states or regions to run their own power sector without any federal government input.

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by mikolo80: 1:45am On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:
4. 247 power supply.

Ojuelegba, Lagos.
One room face me with
1. one bulb,
2. one socket,

estimated bill is not a tariff. I have 3 bulbs and used 2000 naira for a year minus fixed charge of course in Abuja where light was very scanty
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by CPriest: 1:53am On Feb 09, 2016
mikolo80:
estimated bill is not a tariff. I have 3 bulbs and used 2000 naira for a year minus fixed charge of course in Abuja where light was very scanty

Let me even agree with you, though I find your submission very strange. Even if all you pay including fixed charges was N2000 for just 3 bulbs, you have been well cheated. The other man who had bulbs everywhere (even for his dog) and heaters, stoves, games, TVs only paid N60,000 for that luxury. You paid 1/30 of that for nothing!
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by mikolo80: 2:04am On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:

Let me even agree with you, though I find your submission very strange. Even if all you pay including fixed charges was N2000 for just 3 bulbs, you have been well cheated. The other man who had bulbs everywhere (even for his dog) and heaters, stoves, games, TVs only paid N60,000 for that luxury. You paid 1/30 of that for nothing!
all I'm saying normally ojuelegba type ppl don't pay more than a few hundred a month unless they use freezer or air con. estimated bill is cheating, same for fixed charge.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by tomakint: 2:11am On Feb 09, 2016
......and some mumus will be shouting on top of their lungs that, 'Fashola is working' hopeless ignoramuses..... mtccchhhheeee

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by SpermDonor: 2:33am On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:
4. 247 power supply.

Ojuelegba, Lagos.
One room face me with
1. one bulb,
2. one socket,

Hey Mate, except you leave in a "Shark" Electricity bill in Cape Town and Johannesburg are way higher than what you stated .

You want to know how I know ?? I own a house in Johannesburg , precisely Jackal Creek Golf Estate in NorthGate area and it's rented out and I can assure you that the monthly bills paid for electricity per month by my tenant is within 800 rands per month during spring and summer and about 1200 rands during Winter.

Did you even know about the 12% increase in Tariff that was introduced by city Power around July 2015 ??

So why are you deceiving people .

8 Likes

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by dalyricist: 2:38am On Feb 09, 2016
Bet why
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by CPriest: 3:11am On Feb 09, 2016
SpermDonor:

Hey Mate, except you leave in a "Shark" Electricity bill in Cape Town and Johannesburg are way higher than what you stated .

You want to know how I know ?? I own a house in Johannesburg , precisely Jackal Creek Golf Estate in NorthGate area and it's rented out and I can assure you that the monthly bills paid for electricity per month by my tenant is within 800 rands per month during spring and summer and about 1200 rands during Winter.

Did you even know about the 12% increase in Tariff that was introduced by city Power around July 2015 ??

So why are you deceiving people .

Who is deceiving who? I have actually been waiting for people like you to surface.

1. Did you see that graph? Where is Nigeria on the graph and where is South Africa?
2. It is called a shack, not shark. Shows you don't know SA talkless of knowing what obtains
3. Did you ever see any shack with 3-bedroom shack around CPT?
4. See what another typical SA user posted

Ramsgate KZN, 59c / kwh
19.35 kwh / day
2 bedroom apartment, 2 people.
600 kwh / month.
600 / 31 = 19.35 kwh per day

Charged : R355.68 inc vat

5. You ask your 'tenant' what he does with electricity. I gave you real life stuff of what we use, not what some tenants use. 4 rooms, 4 refridgerators, 3 TVs, laptops, 1PC, stove, geyser. December / January usage

6. Check average monthly consumption of SA and you'll see more. How many KWh does your tenant consume in a month?

See this - For your family of 4, you should not be spending more than 40kWh per day (but this is already quite a lot). Remember, your household situation (like your pool, electric fences, garage doors, outside lights, security system and appliances inside all use electricity).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by chriskosherbal(m): 3:28am On Feb 09, 2016
As a matter of fact the govt should be more citizens concern.
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by Pidggin(f): 5:52am On Feb 09, 2016
Minimum wage is decreasing

Electricity tariff is increasing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by Rolings: 6:06am On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:
4. 247 power supply.

Ojuelegba, Lagos.
One room face me with
1. one bulb,
2. one socket,

Stop lying . Nobody with a meter will pay 5000naira a month for using 1bulb,socket, and 12 hours weekly power even if the one socket powers a fridge. Go away with your wacked analysis. However if the house is not metered anthing can happen . Why wailling now? Labour and civil society tried to stop the last government from going ahead with the fraudulent sake of these power assets but your likes kept quiet until your heri lost the election. Know this that the best way to correct the wrong your hero did yo this nation is this increase in tariff except you want the exercise to be cancelled. The past government was giving money to people that bought these power companies to run them even after guaranteeing they make money without providing electricity through the dubious fixed charge.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by tinkinjow: 6:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Rolings:

Stop lying . Nobody with a meter will pay 5000naira a month for using 1bulb,socket, and 12 hours weekly power even if the one socket powers a fridge. Go away with your wacked analysis. However if the house is not metered anthing can happen . Why wailling now? Labour and civil society tried to stop the last government from going ahead with the fraudulent sake of these power assets but your likes kept quiet until your heri lost the election. Know this that the best way to correct the wrong your hero did yo this nation is this increase in tariff except you want the exercise to be cancelled. The past government was giving money to people that bought these power companies to run them even after guaranteeing they make money without providing electricity through the dubious fixed charge.
You're correct. But truth is if u hv a steady power supply for two weeks with the equivalent of the appliances he listed for SA, #5000 credit will b out in two weeks. Try it and c. With only one unit of AC, refrigerator tv iron and bulbs #5000 credit hardly last for 30 days in Lagos not to talk of someone cooking with electricity.
Things like this mk me feel electricity should be a state govt or better still a community affair.
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by SpermDonor: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:

Who is deceiving who? I have actually been waiting for people like you to surface.

1. Did you see that graph? Where is Nigeria on the graph and where is South Africa?
2. It is called a shack, not shark. Shows you don't know SA talkless of knowing what obtains

Ramsgate KZN, 59c / kwh
19.35 kwh / day
600 kwh / month.

5. You ask your 'tenant' what he does with electricity. I gave you real life stuff of what we use, not what some tenants use. 4 rooms, 4 refridgerators, 3 TVs, laptops, 1PC, stove, geyser. December / January usage

6. Check average monthly consumption of SA and you'll see more. How many KWh does your tenant consume in a month?

See this - For your family of 4, you should not be spending more than 40kWh per day (but this is already quite a lot). Remember, your household situation (like your pool, electric fences, garage doors, outside lights, security system and appliances inside all use electricity).

Do you even live in south Africa or you are just posting all this based on what someone told you ??

Anyone who lives in south Africa knows that everything in the household revolves around electricity.

So tell me, how do you cook ?? with fire wood ?? So you don't use the electric cooker to cook

The amount paid by places like Sandton, Johannesburg is even much higher.

Maybe you live in a Sharks in some location in Cape Town where electricity is highly subsidized or You have some illegal connections going on for you. This kind of stuff happens there as well.
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by sdindan: 9:40am On Feb 09, 2016
sai change!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by poiZon: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2016
oduastates:
You are paying your bills and the bills of those who are not paying .
You are also paying the price for having a unitary state.
I doubt fashola will go in like a bull in the china shop. It is not his way else he would never have backed down from his okada ban or LASU fees ( which I support)
Many of those to whom Jonathan sold those power assets are the same bastards who destroyed the country.
They know nothing about power ( technical know how) and do not have investable funds . They bought it for the rents .
Fashola will only seek to improve on the system rather than to totally dismantle it.
That is simply his style or should I say weakness.
He is also an American free market style republican.
On the tariffs, unfortunately this is probably closer to the real market tariff when the cost of production is considered and the age of your power infrastructure is considered. A substantial chunk of electricity generated is also lost as heat( SS 2 physics) .
Your entire power infrastructure is as rickety as trying to squeeze water out of dry sand. It is probably cheaper in the long run to allow states or regions to run their own power sector without any federal government input.

I heard tinubu n co owns ikeja disco....by ur statement tinubu destroyed this country too. isoryt!
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by poiZon: 10:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Rolings:

so in ur warped mind the whole houses in naija is metered?
u dont attack people n end up not making sense, what u posted here is nonsense cos we all know 70percent of houses r without prepaid meters, the reason we still have estimated bills, fixed charge.
we hv meter in my compound in calabar, 1 unit 3phase meter n 2units single phase meter. the 3phase goes for 50k then n the single phase was 30k. we had to pay for it indirectly by recharging till we complete it. the every month we must pay atleast 3k to recharge becos of the fixed charges n the meter charge, but since we settled the meter charge with 1k5 we fit recharge our prepaid now.
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by mikolo80: 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:

you put bulb for your dog and use heater and stove and you want to pay less than 5 K. you see say your science teacher scam you
Re: Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town by 14(m): 11:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
CPriest:

Ramsgate KZN, 59c / kwh
19.35 kwh / day
600 kwh / month.

Electricity prices in SA is not similar, it differs according to municipalities, municipalities dont charge the same. THE MORE affluent the area is, the more electricity becomes expensive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun:See Pics Of Flag Amachree,APC Thug Who Killed A Man In Asari Toru / CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? / Breaking: Senate has sworn-in Sen. Benjamin Uwajumogu As Senator Republic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.