Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose (1008 Views)

Tunde Bakare : A Rare Breed Of Hypocrites / Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" / Falana: Fayose's Hands Are Stained With Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose has described human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), as someone whose comments on national issues, especially the ones involving the All Progressives Congress in Ekiti State, are self interest induced.

Fayose said a lawyer of Falana’s standing should be concerned about his credibility and be consistent on issues, rather than speaking from both sides of the mouth just to satisfy his stomach.

He said Falana should purge himself of his personal hatred for him and stop crying about over his failed attempts to govern Ekiti State, adding: “Even in his Ilawe-Ekiti polling unit, he could not convince his own people to vote for the APC during the election. Was it because he was prevented from voting by anyone?”

Falana was reported to have said that the June 21, 2014 governorship election won by Fayose was fraudulent and that the governor had no immunity against criminal prosecution.

However, speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said: “It is obvious that because of the present political expediency and the demand from his stomach, which is obviously insatiable, Falana has forgotten what he said in the interview he granted The Punch newspaper, which was published on July 15, 2014.

“Therefore, since he has allowed his memory to be taken over by ‘chop-I-chop’ political hypocrisy, it is necessary to remind him that he said categorically in July 2014 that the governorship election was not rigged.

“When he was asked by Olusola Fabiyi of The Punch newspaper that: ‘Do you think the Ekiti election was actually rigged?’ Falana responded thus: ‘The election in Ekiti was not rigged. I witnessed it. I spoke to people before and after the election. Fayemi gave a good concession speech. But the APC has raised the possibility of photo-chromic ballot papers being used in favour of the PDP. I have been told by many APC members that photo-chromic ballot papers were used. I think the allegation is bunkum. Unless the party is ready to confront the reality of the election it is not going to draw the vital lessons from it. There were protest votes against the government. Instead of questioning the credibility of the election the APC should engage in a critical review of the verdict of the electorate.’

“When asked whether he was surprised with the outcome of the election, Falana said: ‘…I never knew of the decision of the vital stakeholders in the state to vote him (Fayemi) out of office. …On a critical analysis of the political situation in Ekiti State, Fayemi is a victim of the ideological crisis of his party, the APC. Of course, the arrogance of some of the governor’s aides who were allowed to wield enormous powers equally contributed to the loss of the election.’

“If in July 2014, Falana said all these and even more concerning the election, one begins to wonder why it has always been easy for him to make a 360 degree u-turn on national issues and one can say without mincing words that his comments can only be dictated by the stomach infrastructure he is either benefitting from or hoping to benefit from.”

The governor said it was shameful that Falana has failed to realise that his credibility was already in tatters because of his hypocritical stance on political issues, adding: “Lawyers, especially those that have risen to the level of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), should not be seen as speaking only when their personal or political interests are involved. They should be consistent.

“For instance, over 10 Ekiti indigenes were murdered during the APC government of Dr Kayode Fayemi, Falana kept silent. He also kept silent when the future of Ekiti State was being mortgaged to frivolous loans and deductions from workers salary were not being remitted. It also made no meaning to Falana that democratically elected local government chairmen and councillors were sacked and council election was not conducted throughout the four years of APC government in Ekiti State.

“It is therefore important that Falana be told in clear Yoruba language that: ‘Falana gbo ti e’ (Falana face your own business) and he should look for elsewhere to satisfy his personal political interests because Ekiti will never fall into the hands of hypocrites like him.”

http://.com/ekiti-will-never-fall-into-the-hands-of-hypocrites-like-falana-fayose/
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Falana is a very big disgrace to the SAN title!!!I think the media should stop describing that charlatan as a human rights activist,such description is a slight to the memory of the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Baawaa(m): 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Fayose, you are biting more than you can chew
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Montaque(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
If Ekiti can fall into the hands of a foolish baboon who has once been impeached, then hypocrites shouldn't have any challenge winning Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
chukwudi44:
Falana is a very big disgrace to the SAN title!!!I think the media should stop describing that charlatan as a human rights activist,such description is a slight to the memory of the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi

Oga shukwudi is back ooogrin.Why didn't you comment on Saraki's case? I was really prepared to laugh but you fall my hand
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Baawaa:
Fayose, you are biting more than you can chew

Don't worry the ekitigate issue is still in pot. Fayose go hear am
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Oga shukwudi is back ooogrin.Why didn't you comment on Saraki's case? I was really prepared to laugh but you fall my hand

So what has changed ? is Saraki no longer the senate president? tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by mrvitalis(m): 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
When I look at how Nigerians hail and support people like wike and fayose I feel sad.
Nigerians are not really smart if not why would u hail a Governor who can't show u any standard project he his done fro over 18 months?

Why will u praise a senator that keeps quite in the Chambers only to come and tweets unimplementeble bull shits

We deserve the type of leaders we get.
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Don't worry the ekitigate issue is still in pot. Fayose go hear am

Continue to rant!! ekiti gate kor ekiti door ni Ayodele Fayose would be the Governor of Ekiti till 2018 and there is nothing the APC can do about it

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
chukwudi44:

So what has changed ? is Saraki no longer the senate president? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Things are being taken jejelly so that you won't shout rule of law to defend them as usual. Let's not derail the thread
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Things are being taken jejelly so that you won't shout rule of law to defend them as usual. Let's not derail the thread

That is how it would continue to go jelly jelly till 2019!!! Face it man.Nothing will happen,The CCT,apeal court and supreme court would have to rule before the case is decided.Saraki has almost spent ne year in office.You people would only continue making noise in your useless shakara reporters and Punch Newspapers while Saraki continues to hold forth as the senate president
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
“It is obvious that because of the present political expediency and the demand from his stomach, which is obviously insatiable, Falana has forgotten what he said in the interview he granted The Punch newspaper, which was published on July 15, 2014.

“Therefore, since he has allowed his memory to be taken over by ‘chop-I-chop’ political hypocrisy, it is necessary to remind him that he said categorically in July 2014 that the governorship election was not rigged.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Steph7u: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
I just remembered one Yoruba adage "Falana gbotie, t'ara eni la'gbo"
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by viczing(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Falana is a serpent sorry to say this falz
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by abduljabbar4(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
chukwudi44:

That is how it would continue to go jelly jelly till 2019!!! Face it man.Nothing will happen,The CCT,apeal court and supreme court would have to rule before the case is decided.Saraki has almost spent ne year in office.You people would only continue making noise in your useless shakara reporters and Punch Newspapers while Saraki continues to hold forth as the senate president

gringringringringrin

It seems like finally I'm getting what I missedgrin
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by RollingStones(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Falana is an Integrity Challenged Charlatan=Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by TheFreeOne: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
When he was asked by Olusola Fabiyi of The Punch newspaper that: ‘Do you think the Ekiti election was actually rigged?’ Falana responded thus: ‘The election in Ekiti was not rigged. I witnessed it. I spoke to people before and after the election. Fayemi gave a good concession speech. But the APC has raised the possibility of photo-chromic ballot papers being used in favour of the PDP. I have been told by many APC members that photo-chromic ballot papers were used. I think the allegation is bunkum. Unless the party is ready to confront the reality of the election it is not going to draw the vital lessons from it. There were protest votes against the government. Instead of questioning the credibility of the election the APC should engage in a critical review of the verdict of the electorate.’
Re: Ekiti Will Never Fall Into The Hands Of Hypocrites Like Falana – Fayose by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2016

(1)

How I Received A Hot Slap Because Og Saying Waka Waka Buhari / People Are Exaggerating Nigeria's Economy Crisis, Its Not That Bad - Dangote / How Obasanjo reacted when third term plot failed in 2006 – Ibrahim Mantu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.