Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper (19829 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Buhari Under Presure To Sack Amaechi- Pilot Newspaper / ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Elosky20: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Teddeebear:
you don't know what you are saying.

If one of your son use to pick money from your drawer, can you go to public and tell even your friends that one of your sons do steal from you?

Do you know the implications of that statement?

Any one of your sons could be the one, so When People meet any of you sons, they would not know who is actually the thief so They will treat all your sons as thieves.

Do you know the humiliation Nigerians are subjected to everywhere outside Africa

There are statements you should never make outside your home.
There are countries who are worst than Nigeria but they don't fight dirty in public.
We keep embarrassing ourselves everywhere.

Someone should train your president on how to answer questions??

he has really been messing up lately …

from calling some people 5%, up to this is bad image for the country.

And you stop politicizing everything, This has nothing to do with party. One of our problems is that we play politics with everything, even if lives is at stake.

Imagine you even brought up tribal sentiments, you really need help because you are the people causing problems in this country and you will always be the first to blame other people.
pls where did i mention party or tribe in my post?. Learn to read between the lines.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Teddeebear: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
wiseoneking:
Poor comprehension of subject matter. Schooled at all? Read and study the op and comment again.

oga, your president needs to be trained on how to answer questions in public.
Every of his interviews, he commits blunders. from calling a section of Nigeria 5% to this one.

This one is worse

if one of your sons used to pick money from your drawer, can you go to public and tell even your friends that one of your sons do steal from you?

Do you know the implications of that statement?

Any one of your sons could be the one, so When People meet any of you sons, they would not know who is actually the thief so They will treat all your sons as thieves
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Teddeebear: 9:45am On Feb 10, 2016
Elosky20:

pls where did i mention party or tribe in my post?. Learn to read between the lines.
what is the meaning of this statement
its quite unfortunate that people are been misled by a section of the country who hate buhari, and has sworn that nothing Good comes from him.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Elosky20: 9:50am On Feb 10, 2016
Teddeebear:

what is the meaning of this statement
so a region or ethnic group can nw be replace by a section. it could a ministry, group of people, religion etc. judge it the way you like.you have no case please
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Teddeebear: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2016
pauloche2000:
Some of u wil just be making comment for the sake of making op. The president is very correct to have come out even internationally to redeem our image by calling us to order. Go to common india the number of nigerian serving Jail term wil amaze u.. The president is just calling on us to be law abiding n if u can make a good living abroad come back home so we can mak d country great instead of tarnishing our image abroad. And from his briefing worldwide u wil realise he his d best thing happening to us at the moment pls. Let's us not lie; n that's why the previous regime made away our national treasury cos many of us in dis from share sentiments of liers which we're conversant with.
oga your president does not know how to speak in public,

go and train him well, he started by calling some people 5%, ill soon compile a list of blunders your president makes during interviews.

Can you compare crime rates of China and US to Nigeria
Do you hear the president of other countries say such concerning their country!!

you don't even know the implications of that statement.

if one of your sons used to pick money from your drawer, can you go to public and tell even your friends that one of your sons do steal from you?

Any one of your sons could be the one, so When People meet any of you sons, they would not know who is actually the thief so They will treat all your sons as thieves

Don't talk anyhow in public?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Teddeebear: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Elosky20:

so a region or ethnic group can nw be replace by a section. it could a ministry, group of people, religion etc. judge it the way you like.you have no case please
if you like change your ways, or continue to defend yourself instead of taking correction.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 10, 2016
When the masses rise in anger.......

So the brainlessness of Criminal-In-Chief, Criminal Buhari is beginning to bite right? You people should enjoy the change you clamoured for o!

1984 all over again.... Jubilations on the streets when as a military diktat, he overthrew the democratic government of Shagari and few months later, the masses were ready to go push him out from Dodan Barracks!

Exactly same scenario playing out today! Same bigoted ethnic actions, same brainless economic policies, some untold hardship on Nigerians, same uprising by the citizens against him, same.... I can't add the ending of 'same series' abeg! I no fit shout! But sure, the same after the 'unutterable same' is comforting; same abode: PRISON! Who wants to bet that's how Buhari will end up? He's been taken to ICC right?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Elosky20: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2016
Teddeebear:
if you like change your ways, or continue to defend yourself instead of taking correction.
who cares or give a cent about that.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by BOWOTO(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2016
Johnbosco77:
baba God pick up my call....
Bros na wetin sure pass be that o, this government no fit help man.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 10, 2016
"Buhari you open your rotten smelly mouth to call hard working people 'criminals' because they refused to be among your 'rankadede' crowd. People working 2 to 4 jobs to eke out a living whenever they are, you opened your mouth to call 'criminals'? People excelling in their careers and earning decent pays you called them criminals? Ok, manage these ones;
Buhari, you are an animal. A brainless goat. A fool. A demented bigot. A lunatic. A senile terrorist. Your are the epitome of unproductivity with your failed cattle farm. A silly illiterate who for 30 years that you were out of power couldn't have a pamphlet to his name! You are a common thief who, as a corrupt insecure dictator went to steal an unapproved PhD from Kaduna state in connivance with your imp 2 i/c, El Ruffian, the criminal in charge of Kaduna state.
Buhari you are a criminal! Till date, where is your certificate? Did you not via 'body langweji' accept the forgery below as your certificate? Did you not lie that you have only 150 cows and N3million Naira? So, where did the over N950million Naira on your asset declaration form come from?
Zara your daughter is the head criminal for single ladies. She schooled in London right? There you have it! It must have been stolen money by you criminal that she schooled with, money stolen from Nigeria that would have seen us having industries and schools that would have stemmed the tide of brain drain and 'emigrate by all means' attitude of Nigerians! That you trained your kids in London with stolen money is the reason why you think every other parent training their wards in London are criminals. Takes one to know one!
Your wife Aisha nko? Yes I'm dragging her into this because you said 'NIGERIANS', you didn't specify, hence its the men and the women alike. When will Aisha visit the US abeg? Your criminal wife name appeared in court documents of Halliburton scandal, same crime some people are in jail because of it. You are married to a criminal and instead of hiding your head in shame, you impugn on the integrity of other honest people.
Even your paternity is criminal too. Is your dad from Nigeria mgbo Buhari? Why are you always being linked with Niger? And hey, I'm not talking about your recent NORMAL show of brainlessness at a conference recently, I'm talking about why you ALWAYS support the election of Nigeriens over Nigerians for international positions.
Criminal Buhari, stop this inferiority complex that gives you oral diarrhea anytime you see Oyibo man" - Akin Yusuf
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Kongonya(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
JONATHAN ADMISTRATION WAS PROTECTIVE OF NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS IMAGE.....BUHARI ACTUALLY ATTACK THE IMAGE

FG Summons Zimbabwean Envoy Over Mugabe’s Attack On Nigeria

The Federal Government on Thursday summoned the Zimbabwean Head of Chancery over remarks credited to President Robert Mugabe, which depicted Nigerians as very corrupt people.

FG Summons Zimbabwean Envoy Over Mugabe’s Attack On Nigeria

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the Zimbabwean Head of Chancery, Stanley Kunjeku, in Abuja to formally lodge a protest.

The Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr Martin Uhomoibhi, described Mugabe’s comment as “vitriolic and denigrating on Nigeria and Nigerians”.

He said, “We were very concerned when we read that on the occasion of the 90th birthday of President Mugabe, he took off considerable time to vituperate about Nigeria.

What we consider to be a strong aversion of our country, remarks which we consider denigrating and un-statesmanly on Nigeria and Nigerians in general.

He was reported to have said Nigerians are corrupt people when he hosted service chiefs on his 90th birthday.

We want to present the strongest protest in that statement; not only does it not reflect the reality in our country, but to come from a sitting president of a brotherly country is most unkind and very dishonourable.”

Uhomoibhi said the Zimbabwean president’s comment was unfortunate, given the role played by Nigeria in the liberation struggle in southern Africa.

He said, “Nigeria had always stood with Zimbabwe shoulder to shoulder since independence and was one of the first countries to congratulate Mugabe on his re-election.

At the point sanctions were imposed on your country, Nigeria empathised with Zimbabwe.”

Later, the permanent secretary told newsmen that Nigeria’s reaction to the comment was not belated, given that it had been in the public domain since March 15.

“In our diplomatic parlance, we do not react the way people would want us to react; we have to verify and articulate our position,” he said.

In his response, Kunjeku said Nigeria’s protest would be forwarded to Harare.

Meanwhile, Uhomoibhi has condemned the reported attacks on Nigerians in South Africa last week.

Uhomoibhi said, “We condemn in strong terms, any acts of racism, xenophobia and discrimination perpetrated by whomsoever, including in that particular country.

We are appalled that these incidents occur from a country that we hold in highest esteem and which is a brotherly country to Nigeria.

We hope that due processes would be taken so that this does not happen (again).”

The permanent secretary also called on the South African Government to take appropriate actions against those responsible for the attacks.

He urged South Africa to abide by its commitment to international standards of behaviour and cordial relations between both countries.

On April 2 and 3, some wounded Nigerians were hospitalised in Pretoria after attacks by organised gangs in South Africa.

Also, no fewer than 25 shops owned by Nigerians in Johannesburg and Pretoria were looted by the South African gangs.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Wizlove(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2016
vedaxcool:
The lies by wailing zombies continue. It wouldn't deter PMB from dealing corruption a deadly blow. Liar metuh lied about the war on corruption to prevent the efcc from coming for him. He ate govt documents to prevent the truth from coming out. Today he is silent because all his antics failed.
The train of progress and change is on the move it is either u move out the way or get knocked down or left behind.

What Buhari actually said:

Edited

Lying liars where did PMB call Nigerians criminals?
Read the answer to the first question comprehensively then you will understand.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by amtaken(f): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2016
Our dear yeyelity president, damage control won't help you now. Thank you.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by lagdmark(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2016
I have seen various presidents/heads of state from Turkey, Morocco ,Algeria, Saudi Arabia and Albania visits to Germany but none have called his country men/women criminals , despite their crime records.
Buhari's inferiority complex made him make such statement

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by sammykelly(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2016
is dat not d change everybody is waiting for? so stop complaining okk..
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Rolings: 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Godiloveu:

Bros! We dey togeda in dis struggle for CHANGE. But I wudn't want PMB to follow GEJ's footsteps rather, he is a pace setter he shud ve patronize Nigeria Tourism center for a good vacation.( If at all, that is, all there is to it).

Quite agree with you , PMB should have set a standard and holiday in a place like Obudu if there isn't any hidden agenda. He can go further by mandating all civil servants to go on leave ( not monetize the leave ) and during the leave they should patronize local tourist sites as this will help build a vibrant tourism market.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by HirstMOG(m): 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
The biggest fraud I have ever heard of in my life is PMB 2016 budget. Before calling any Nigerian (both home and abroad) criminal he should first look at the fingers pointing to him.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by jamjo: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Iroh88:
These guys are just being diplomatic. We all know the reason behind the outcry, and know the people behind it as well. cheesy

They are the Wailing Epkas and were angry because Baba mentioned Drug Trafficking as one of the reasons Nigerians are regarded with scepticism in the outside world. They feel that line was directed at them. cheesy

So if you know the people behind it why not say it or are you one of the cowards who hide behind keyboard. Let me tell you i am one of those diaspora , let me make it clear to you that Nigerians may be in prison around the world because of drug trafficking but the major destroyer of Nigeria image abroad is corruption , 419 and boko haram of which all this are mainly carried out by Nigerians at home.. If i may say 80% of bad image Nigeria as a country has started from Naija. Again let me make it clear to you, here in America where i live i will proudly let you know that Nigerians has the highest percentage of university education in all American society and guess who are the highest Nigerians living in America the people you can't bring yourself to name because a coward will always be a coward.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by Iroh88(m): 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
jamjo:

So if you know the people behind it why not say it or are you one of the cowards who hide behind keyboard. Let me tell you i am one of those diaspora , let me make it clear to you that Nigerians may be in prison around the world because of drug trafficking but the major destroyer of Nigeria image abroad is corruption , 419 and boko haram of which all this are mainly carried out by Nigerians at home.. If i may say 80% of bad image Nigeria as a country has started from Naija. Again let me make it clear to you, here in America where i live i will proudly let you know that Nigerians has the highest percentage of university education in all American society and guess who are the highest Nigerians living in America the people you can't bring yourself to name because a coward will always be a coward.
Are you a Drug Trafficker?? Why do you sound so pained?? cheesycheesy
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by ajealadick(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
otil1:
See damage control grin

Tooo poor

Read further below:

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Vacation

Presidents need many vacations for their jobs are very tough. If you knew how two young men Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama aged in four years and then four more years you will see how challenging the job can be. A 73-year old Buhari will need to catch his breath much more often than Clinton and Obama. Both had 2 months’ vacation in every year of their services. One in summer (usually in Massachusetts Martha’s Vineyard) and winter in Hawaii. Nobody should begrudge PMB of his well-earned vacation.

But why would a Nigerian president not spend his vacation in Nigeria? Why must he spend it abroad? This is where we show that we do not like what we have at home and do nothing to make what is abroad available to us in Nigeria. When we get sick we go abroad, we want education for our kids we go abroad and we get a vacation time we go abroad. 

This is a shame.

A country that is foreign exchange starved cannot afford to have her president and his entourage spend their vacation times and foreign exchange abroad. I had thought that PMB was opposed to foreign junkets while a candidate but he seems to have become his own foreign secretary and now spends his vacation abroad. SS has very many wonderful resorts in Obudu Cattle ranch, and Calabar is a very holiday friendly place. Enugu has Nike Lake resort and there is the old Jankara Game Reserve. Or why did the president not go back to his village in Katsina and play checkers/draft with his old buddies? These would make him live as Nigerians live and make him feel like ordinary Nigerians.

I have lived in USA for a little while. Over these years I am yet to read of a foreign head of state spending his vacation in US. Why do we snub our things, always searching for things abroad? Would other Nigerian who want to enjoy their vacations abroad get the foreign exchange to do so or is PMB above the law?

God save Nigeria

Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba
Boston, Massachusetts
February 9, 2016

so what are you doing there? Why not come back him. Or are you above the law?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by phrankchek(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
rugged7:
That bas**Rd of a president called buhari is clueless
Itz not the 1st or 2nd time he's abused Nigerians
In India he said worse
In 1985 he said worse
Fela produced a special song because of the fool

Hope u run for the office of the president by 2019
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by babafirst(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
vedaxcool:
The lies by wailing zombies continue. It wouldn't deter PMB from dealing corruption a deadly blow. Liar metuh lied about the war on corruption to prevent the efcc from coming for him. He ate govt documents to prevent the truth from coming out. Today he is silent because all his antics failed.
The train of progress and change is on the move it is either u move out the way or get knocked down or left behind.

What Buhari actually said:

Edited

Lying liars where did PMB call Nigerians criminals?
GBAM!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by alaskido(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Malam Garba, if the President cannot make a simple point, then he should not grant interviews. Simple and period.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by slimjordan(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
If PMB like let him sleep or stay around the best doctors in the world. He Will still die when his clock stop ticking
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by wadoowadoo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
Too little, too late.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by OJaySeenson: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
see my fellow nigerians sha...person talk true talk, very few people are commenting on what he said, na vacation una dey talk of...the man said something true. Nigerians make all sorts of claims in order to get into the UK. the prisons of the country are full of nigerians. I am not saying dont complain about SaiChange's vacation, but at least speak to the issue that was raised here, not some other issue that is completely tangential to the argument. all the people that are saying why did buhari say what he said, wait until you get to an international airport and you have been thoroughly embarrassed before you say your bit, biko. only then can you understand the plight of the law abiding nigerian in a foreign country...
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by ATERI(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
A President that was torn to pieces by a white supremacist journalist, within 15 minutes, is not fit to govern Nigeria. That interview has marked the beginning of Buhari`s end; no amount of damage limitation would change that. A dull tribal jingoist pretending to be a leader

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by ATERI(m): 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Iroh88:

Have you heard of Gloria Okon before? If not, talk to Babangida. In other words, your cowardly Buhari knows the genesis of drug-peddling in Nigeria.
The coward only talk and fight crime when the criminals are small boys
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by wxyz1: 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
otil1:
See damage control grin

Tooo poor

Read further below:

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Vacation

Presidents need many vacations for their jobs are very tough. If you knew how two young men Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama aged in four years and then four more years you will see how challenging the job can be. A 73-year old Buhari will need to catch his breath much more often than Clinton and Obama. Both had 2 months’ vacation in every year of their services. One in summer (usually in Massachusetts Martha’s Vineyard) and winter in Hawaii. Nobody should begrudge PMB of his well-earned vacation.

But why would a Nigerian president not spend his vacation in Nigeria? Why must he spend it abroad? This is where we show that we do not like what we have at home and do nothing to make what is abroad available to us in Nigeria. When we get sick we go abroad, we want education for our kids we go abroad and we get a vacation time we go abroad. 

This is a shame.

A country that is foreign exchange starved cannot afford to have her president and his entourage spend their vacation times and foreign exchange abroad. I had thought that PMB was opposed to foreign junkets while a candidate but he seems to have become his own foreign secretary and now spends his vacation abroad. SS has very many wonderful resorts in Obudu Cattle ranch, and Calabar is a very holiday friendly place. Enugu has Nike Lake resort and there is the old Jankara Game Reserve. Or why did the president not go back to his village in Katsina and play checkers/draft with his old buddies? These would make him live as Nigerians live and make him feel like ordinary Nigerians.

I have lived in USA for a little while. Over these years I am yet to read of a foreign head of state spending his vacation in US. Why do we snub our things, always searching for things abroad? Would other Nigerian who want to enjoy their vacations abroad get the foreign exchange to do so or is PMB above the law?

God save Nigeria

Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba
Boston, Massachusetts
February 9, 2016
God bless the hand you use in typing this. If it was GEJ at this time of high foreign exchange rate, NLC would have take to street, Naira land would have push this to front page. What goes around would surely comes around.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by jamjo: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
Iroh88:

You are an idiot, what i think, you are a coward who hide behind a phone keyboard and point fingers and rain insults. Your kinds are the once that destroying our country's image.
Stop pointing fingers because the other three fingers are pointing back at you. And by the way i'm sure you are the "DRUG TRAFFICKER"
Re: Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper by paschu: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
olisaEze:
Bullsh*t! Nigeria good people great nation!! It's politicians that have destroyed our reputation @home and abroad, not hard working people that have gone to seek greener pastures abroad, not for themselves mind u, but to take care of their families back home. To make something of themselves in a land where merit is respected not federal character. As for crime, we no thief reach oyinbo people. Disparaging your fellow citizens can never be mistaken for rebranding anywhere in the world. What Mr president has done is the same as a father calling his daughter a prostitute in the presence of her potential suitors, and at d same time being confused when they refuse to continue courtship.

I wish there was a way to like your comment a thousand times. Kudos bro. Well said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Justin Abuah / Ibrahim Magu Tells Banks To Provide List Of Corrupt Customers / FFK Stands By His Words On Tinubu, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.