Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Full Record: UK Telegraph Interview With President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Record: UK Telegraph Interview With President Buhari (325 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Full Record: UK Telegraph Interview With President Buhari by willywasco(m): 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
Are you willing to talk to Boko Haram about the missing Chibok schoolgirls?
“As long as we can establish the bona fides of the leadership of Boko Haram, we are prepared as a government to discuss with them how to get the girls back. But we have not established any evidence of a credible leadership.”

Is Abubakr Shekau still the leader of Boko Haram?

“I receive conflicting information about the status of Shekau. Some say he has been removed and replaced by a less charismatic terrorist leader.
“I think he must be on the run, because out of the 14 local government districts that Boko Haram used to call their caliphate, they now do not control any now. They are scattered around the Sambisa forest and they have resorted to attacking soft targets, people in churches, mosques and market places, and using improvised explosive devices.”

Are you seeking any further help from the West in the fight against Boko Haram?
“I was invited by the G7 during my visit to Europe to brief them on the issue of security Boko Haram, and I did so. I subsequently sent Nigeria’s ‘shopping list’ in terms of the infrastructure destroyed. That is schools, medical facilities and other institutions, bridges blown up, and the estimates of repair.”

Did you also ask for Western military help?
“Yes, I did, but I don’t want to give any details of that in public at present. As you know, we already have foreign military help in terms of training missions.”

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/full-record-uk-telegraph-interview-with-president-buhari/#sthash.3PAd7U16.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

FFK Still Insisting That Ali Modu Sheriff Is The Founder/sponsor Of Boko Haram / Is Nigeria Afraid? / Illegibility Of Document Stalls Dokpesi’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.