Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade (1353 Views)

Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai / Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike / What Nigerian Soldiers Saw At Dikwa (some Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by ijaw1stson: 5:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Some soldiers numbering about 250 have alleged that they have been unlawfully dismissed by the Nigerian Army.

The soldiers who stormed the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) secretariat in Kaduna to protest their unlawful dismissal, said that had been dismissed since February 1 this year.

Daily Post reports that the soldiers disclosed that they were part of 3,000 others who were dismissed for various offenses in the North-east while fighting the insurgents, but were later reinstated after thorough screening.

Speaking with journalists at the secretariat, the soldiers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they were at the NUJ arcade to let the public know their predicament and for President Muhammadu Buhari and the Army authority to come to their aid.

One of them said: “We are young and ready to serve our country; we are ready to serve the Nigerian Army. We have families to cater for and we want to be pardoned for any offence we may have committed.

“We want the world to know that after we were reinstated in the Nigerian Army, we have received three months intensive training and for us to be dismissed now because we came late at the last parade, it sounds somehow.”

Speaking also was another soldier who said: “I have spent over 20 years in the Army. I have also served in the North-east before we were brought back to Jaji and now you are asking us to go when we have all gone through rigorous training and are determined to serve our fatherland; we are now being asked to leave service for an offence that is pardonable.”

Following reports that they were dismissed for missing out on their last parade, one of them explained that, “We have to trek for about 30 minutes before getting to the parade ground because most of the soldiers affected are not mobile and are not living inside the Army barracks.
“Some of us were not even aware of the parade taking place on that day. It was later we were alerted and when we got to the venue, we were ordered to submit our uniforms and other things belonging to the Army.”

The one Mechanized Division of the Nigerian Army has promised that the Army headquarters would issue a statement to explain what actually transpired leading to the soldiers’ dismissal.
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by chriskosherbal(m): 5:18am On Feb 10, 2016
The very disciplined Nigerian Army.
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by hrhobi1(m): 6:09am On Feb 10, 2016
I have no pity for them, now they need civilians to help them, after they will beat this same civilians over nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by EternalTruths: 7:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Why come late.?

1 Like

Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by MansaMoussa: 7:09am On Feb 10, 2016
We should be careful dismissing highly trained men from the armed forces without adequate debriefing and demobilisation oh..this men are very skilled in weapons handling...should a hundred of them band together, lay their hands on some arms and get a perfect hideout..highly coordinated robberies will become weekly occurrence oh.

2 Likes

Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by san316(m): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2016
Fools.. It's not just about missing the parade. Fools
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by gohzieh(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
End time soldiers
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by oteneaaron(m): 7:45am On Feb 10, 2016
MansaMoussa:
We should be careful dismissing highly trained men from the armed forces without adequate debriefing and demobilisation oh..this men are very skilled in weapons handling...should a hundred of them band together, lay their hands on some arms and get a perfect hideout..highly coordinated robberies will become weekly occurrence oh.

Very true...reminds me of the "expendables" movie.......the last thing we want are higly trained rogue soldiers up for hire.
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by ijaw1stson: 8:08am On Feb 10, 2016
oteneaaron:

Very true...reminds me of the "expendables" movie.......the last thing we want are higly trained rogue soldiers up for hire.
Ican't even bear to imagine it. it's definitely going to be a tough guerrilla warfare, if well coordinated
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by goldfish80(m): 8:09am On Feb 10, 2016
MansaMoussa:
could you please explain the boldened
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by solid3(m): 8:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Why will ever miss parade in the first place?
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by HtwoOw: 8:36am On Feb 10, 2016
oteneaaron:

Movie is not reality and apart from beating civilians , i do not think they are as highly trained as people want to believe

GEJ did a number on their morale , I hope the new army chief will make a better decision next time
Re: Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade by TechRev: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2016
goldfish80:
could you please explain the boldened

I would love to know too.

(1) (Reply)

We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu / I Appoint More Northerners Because They Are My People And I Trust Them – Buhari / 10 Most Powerful/ Influential Nigerians Of Our Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.