Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai (30743 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Challenges Court Order Declaring IPOB Terrorist Organisation / Ipob Terrorist Demonstration Today In Abia State - video / Arewa Youths Urge UN To Label IPOB Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by nwabobo: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai on Monday evening stated that the Defence Headquarters did not declare the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB a terrorist organization in the country.

Speaking during the official launch of Operation Python Dance II in Abakaliki, the Army Chief who argued that what the Defence Headquarters did was a pronouncement on IPOB added that the statement of the military gave room for the right steps to be taken on the matter.

According to Buratai, the action of the Federal government concerning IPOB was right and that the military did not over step its bound towards the protection of lives and properties in the country.

“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se. But this has given room for the right step to be taken. I think the government is doing the right thing.

“It is not that we are overstepping our bounds. We are still within the limits. And I ensure you that what the military said was to set the ball rolling and to bring the awareness to the public that this is what this organization is all about. I’m happy that the government has done the right thing right now.”

General Tukur Buratai further assured the people of the Southeast that the Army will abide by the rule of law and rules of engagement in carrying out the Exercise Egwu Eke II which kicked off on Saturday in the region.

Also during a courtesy to Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state who was represented by his Deputy, Dr. Kelechi Igwe, the Chief of Army Staff noted that the exercise was targeted at improving the security situation of the zone which according to him, was very strategic to the security of the country.

According to him the exercise will help to bring about the much needed peace and security and also be used to train the Military in basic internal security.

“They army have taken into cognizance the security of the people in deployment of it’s personnel for the operation”.

He said the army in carrying out the operation will liaise and work with other security agencies in the region.

“The army is very sensitive to the cultural norms of the people and will abide by all the rules of engagement and code of conduct that have been laid down which is quite in tandem with the Constitution,” he said.

According to him, some of the activities of the exercise will include Patrols, indoor battle exercises, Civil-Military cooperation activities like medical outreach, sanitation, donation of books to schools etc.

He therefore appealed for understanding as it is just an exercise to help improve security of lives and property within the zone.

Governor Umahi promised that the people of the state will cooperate with the army throughout the duration of the exercise.

He noted that the first edition of the operation last year was peaceful and successful and urged the military to carry out the exercise with high sense of discipline that the Nigerian Military is known for.

He urged the Military to pay more attention to the state’s border with Cross River while carrying out the exercise which he said have been decimated by boundary clashes.

http://thenationonlineng.net/army-ipob-terrorist-organisation-buratai/amp/a/

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by bedspread: 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buru are u confused....
Isn't it u guys and NPF that hv been giving reasons why they were termed terroists??

Seems the kingdom is in confusion....

Watch out for Lai Mohammed to Deny also.... coming soon

253 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by nwabobo: 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
nwabobo:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai on Monday evening stated that the Defence Headquarters did not declare the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB a terrorist organization in the country.

Speaking during the official launch of Operation Python Dance II in Abakaliki, the Army Chief who argued that what the Defence Headquarters did was a pronouncement on IPOB added that the statement of the military gave room for the right steps to be taken on the matter.

According to Buratai, the action of the Federal government concerning IPOB was right and that the military did not over step its bound towards the protection of lives and properties in the country.

“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se. But this has given room for the right step to be taken. I think the government is doing the right thing.

“It is not that we are overstepping our bounds. We are still within the limits. And I ensure you that what the military said was to set the ball rolling and to bring the awareness to the public that this is what this organization is all about. I’m happy that the government has done the right thing right now.”

General Tukur Buratai further assured the people of the Southeast that the Army will abide by the rule of law and rules of engagement in carrying out the Exercise Egwu Eke II which kicked off on Saturday in the region.

Also during a courtesy to Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state who was represented by his Deputy, Dr. Kelechi Igwe, the Chief of Army Staff noted that the exercise was targeted at improving the security situation of the zone which according to him, was very strategic to the security of the country.

According to him the exercise will help to bring about the much needed peace and security and also be used to train the Military in basic internal security.

“They army have taken into cognizance the security of the people in deployment of it’s personnel for the operation”.

He said the army in carrying out the operation will liaise and work with other security agencies in the region.

“The army is very sensitive to the cultural norms of the people and will abide by all the rules of engagement and code of conduct that have been laid down which is quite in tandem with the Constitution,” he said.

According to him, some of the activities of the exercise will include Patrols, indoor battle exercises, Civil-Military cooperation activities like medical outreach, sanitation, donation of books to schools etc.

He therefore appealed for understanding as it is just an exercise to help improve security of lives and property within the zone.

Governor Umahi promised that the people of the state will cooperate with the army throughout the duration of the exercise.

He noted that the first edition of the operation last year was peaceful and successful and urged the military to carry out the exercise with high sense of discipline that the Nigerian Military is known for.

He urged the Military to pay more attention to the state’s border with Cross River while carrying out the exercise which he said have been decimated by boundary clashes.

http://thenationonlineng.net/army-ipob-terrorist-organisation-buratai/amp/a/

The fear of Bruce Fein.

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Nwodosis(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
The reason Nigeria will never move forward! The wrong ones are in charge of running the country.
They are not terrorists, why were they murdered?

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by daben1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buratai is a coward for this statement... In Nigeria, everybody is confused, even me!

172 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Cinkq: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
sadhonestly speaking ipob conducts gave room for whatever bad name anybody is calling it.

I can never forget how ipob online supporters posted a video showing us how kanu chased military away from the road.

We also have another one that shows ipob members urging the Nigeria army to shoot them.

THESE ARE ACTS OF MILITANTS AND NOT THAT OF A SECESSION GROUP.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by anitapreeti(f): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
He said its a pronouncement and not declaration. angry

10 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
I smell fear everywhere..

First lai mohammed came out begging and stammering.

Now this devilish illiterate is confusing zombies with English..ewu! Lol.

You will pay! I swear to God for killing my people, you must pay! You and Buhari would know that IPOB are a different kind of people.
You have not seen anything like us before.

235 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by fergie001: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Zombie oooo,Zombie
Zombie,no go lie,unless you tell am to lie
(Excerpts from Afrobeats legend,Fela Anikulapo-Kuti).

What is Pronouncement?
-A formal or authoritative announcement or declaration.

What is Declaration?
-A formal or explicit statement or announcement.

But hear Professor Gen.Tukur Buratai:

“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se. But this has given room for the right step to be taken."

The 56-yr-old Professor Buratai,our Nobel Laureate is trying to shift the goal post but all fell flat because he was fighting with his head and heart/conscience.

I understand his state of confusion,mixed grin,uncertainty,belief that the question(s) won't arise;but it came however.

Prof.Yusuf Buratai,listen

"Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." Isaac Newton

Your state of confusion was apparent.
He would have directed these reporters to the Public Relations Dept of the Army instead of wobbling and fumbling.

Voltron of the Universe,please and please,rescind this fallacy.
What are you doing in Ebonyi,did you not hear what happened in Borno?

You are older Sir,you only have a few years to spend in the Army left,
You killed Shiites,
You killed Igbos and innocent lives.

Boko Haram,NO
Bakassi,cos 90,habaaaa,e mere gi ya-eme?
ONLY YOU!?

Please Sir,sit,pause look in the mirror alone,open up your palms,look back in the mirror,what did you see?
A man that perhaps could do things quite differently.

Extend my greetings to the President of Dubai.

Thank U.

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
I pity you people...this damage control won't work.

The deed has been done.

You all must pay!!

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Dreambeat: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bunch of confused incompetent lots like their cachectic-looking illiterate master.Your attempt at damage control will never work.ICC awaits every one that participated in this genocidal ethnic cleansing.Just a matter of time,you will all pay for your sins one after the other,and at the end of the day Biafra will come.There is nothing you all can do about.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by HiddenShadow: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
See lies

Fear of International Criminal Court

Why then did the police charge 59 IPOB members for being part of a group declared terrorist by the military.?

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by ZombieTAMER: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
we know that the fake news came from nairaland

Anti biafran platform

Anti truth forum

All those fools who ban me for no reason will be banned in life by the almighty

127 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by DickDastardLION(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
They have erased the mack. Few will get my drift. Kanu is cold already. Python dance is basically to forestall any riotous outcome.

5 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Dreambeat:
Bunch of confused incompetent lots like their cachectic illiterate master.Your attempt at damage control will never work.ICC awaits every one that participated in this genocidal ethnic cleansing.Just a matter of time,you will all pay for your sins one after the other,and at the end of the day Biafra will come.There is nothing you all can do about.
and u expect bubu not to run go UK for this english

26 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by nwabobo: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
DickDastardLION:
They have erased the mack. Few will get my drift. Kanu is cold already. Python dance is basically to forestall any riotous outcome.

Keep deluding yourself.

21 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by HiddenShadow: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
anitapreeti:
He said its a pronouncement and not declaration. angry

What is the difference.?

Then tell him to release all IPOB members in their custody and that of the police

26 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by ZombieTAMER: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
daben1:
Buratai is a coward for this statement... In Nigeria, everybody is confused, even me!
Am yet to see a video of burantashi declaring iPob as a terror group..

The fake news emanated from the stables of the zombies of nairaland

5 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by ideologies(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
If KANU has a good lawyer, FG & military won't escape ICC

That stupid boy called tonyebarcanista is write another foolish article

Buhari is a big Coward, why send Northern governors if his actions were right,

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by HiddenShadow: 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
DickDastardLION:

and @ nwabobo

Once this news is confirmed true that Kanu is dead, forget One Nigeria.

They will be no dialogue and Buhari's region will be the new theater of terror.

Pls pray harder for it.

12 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by DickDastardLION(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
nwabobo:

Keep deluding yourself.
ok son

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by anitapreeti(f): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

What is the difference.?

Then tell him to release all IPOB members in their custody and that of the police

S.A.R.C.A.S.M
Ever heard of that?

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by daben1(m): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Am yet to see a video of burantashi declaring iPob as a terror group..

The fake news emanated from the stables of the zombies of nairaland
he could have said it and denied it.. Everything is possible in Nigeria, bro

4 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by DickDastardLION(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Once this news is confirmed true that Kanu is dead, forget One Nigeria.

They will be no dialogue and Buhari's region will be the new theater of terror.

Pls pray harder for it.
Have you seen the video of Sergent Rogers admitting assasinating abiola's wife? Well, same sergent rogers now a free man roaming the streets of Nigeria today. Don't let your emotions rock you so much. i am not a kid anymore. Worse things has happened in this shithole called Nigeria. l have only learnt to mind my God and my immediate family till i bid mother earth good bye. Biafra or One nigeria? i choose good living cool

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Viergeachar: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
Wow

Even the almighty NA has started recanting...

Any tribe that is not backed by Yorubas in this country is in trouble. cool

Staunch criticism of the operation from prominent Yoruba leaders and the FG has softpedalled.

When will Igbos show appreciation to their big brothers - the Yorubas?

Where are their 'trusted' SS friends they so love to attach to

Asari Dokubo is incredibly silent despite his latest rantings and assurances to IPOB. What a coward!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Benekruku(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
Trying to lure Kanu back from Cameroon grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Theakthedream: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:
I smell fear everywhere..

First lai mohammed came out begging and stammering.

Now this devilish illiterate is confusing zombies with English..ewu! Lol.

You will pay! I swear to God for killing my people, you must pay! You and Buhari would know that IPOB are a different kind of people.
You have not seen anything like us before.
HMMM.... Nnamdi cownu, you are now free to come out ooo grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by HiddenShadow: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
DickDastardLION:

Have you seen the video of Sergent Rogers admitting assasinating abiola's wife? Well, same sergent rogers now a free man roaming the streets of Nigeria today. Don't let your emotions rock you so much. i am not a kid anymore. Worse things has happened in this shithole called Nigeria. l have only learnt to mind my God and my immediate family till i bid mother earth good bye. Biafra or One nigeria? i choose good living cool

Don't compare Yorubas and Igbos

Our reactions aren't similar

Ever wonder why Obasanjo called for dialogue

Remember who the Igbos are

We don't forget

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Benekruku(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Viergeachar:
Wow

Even the almighty NA has started recanting...

Any tribe that is not backed by Yorubas in this country is in trouble. cool

Staunch criticism of the operation from prominent Yoruba leaders and the FG has softpedalled.

When will Igbos show appreciation to their big brothers - the Yorubas?

Where are their trusted SS friends they so love to attach to

Those ones re just watching them like Telemundo! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Kazim88: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buratai speaking from both side of his mouth.

17 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by DickDastardLION(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Don't compare Yorubas and Igbos

Our reactions aren't similar

Ever wonder why Obasanjo called for dialogue
Cause he is in on the plot. He is sure there is no one to dialogue with anymore. That also helps with the ALIBI. cool

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai by Vutseck(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
when the evil one is on the throne all you can expect are chaos and crisis everywhere

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cambridge: Why We Can’t Authenticate Buhari’s Result / Crowd At Pedestrian Bridge In Bauchi As Buhari's Convoy Passes (Photos) / Ajimobi: 'Curses Can’t Affect Me Because I Am Doing The Right Thing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.