Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola (19529 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Babatunde Abisuga Jailed For 24 Months For Pension Scam / No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by chudionu58(f): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
kunle75:

that he his working and Nigeria is moving forward..............
Hmmm
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by chudionu58(f): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
We are waiting for Fashola to initiate his projects and complete them!! APC e-fools should stop stylishly taking credits for Jonathan's projects.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Olamipapa:

Bro! you don smoke another weed bah? The guy gave you a sincere advise.

you must have smoked fulani dry sheet.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by omokab: 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
comos:

how come it was fashola that announce the ban to Nigerians
he just make it well known to people. Two stroke engine has been banned before their government. If you check details about it NESREA has even sensetize people af Alaba market and workshop has been done on it. Nesrea was just expecting fade out of the ones in the country. Very soon vehicular emission program will soon kick start the same agency with serious enforcement.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by deltapikin(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
24 months time he will deny his statement
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by Olamipapa(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
comos:

you must have smoked fulani dry sheet.
you most be a wizard! how come you know that. But guy just try and quit smoking.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by HtwoOw: 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
You tried , but unless there's proof like the ones we've seen in the case of Dasuki and Metuah, I still believe in Tinubu and BarawoFsHola grin grin grin
anonimi:

Have you actually seen what he did in Lagos?
Did you also see that he borrowed $1 billion for Toronto scrap metal trains since 2011 that are yet to be delivered in Lagos till tomorrow? shocked

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by shogz89: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
comos:

when did Julius Berger becomes an Ashewo contractor ?

I am not an APC e-rat like you is placed N15,000/month salary.
Please look for a reputable job that will advance your profession.
I know you don't understand the English I put up there, like you even earn up to 150000, is it not a shame to tell people that the portion constructed for more than 4 years is not up to 1/10th of the total Road distance. arapagi there
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mindtricks: 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
comos:
Fashola should do the work not talking
9 months is already gone
No there is still plenty of time. Shebi them just assume power. "Change" is finally here!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mindtricks: 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
deltapikin:
24 months time he will deny his statement
And ain't that smartness?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mindtricks: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
omokab:
he just make it well known to people. Two stroke engine has been banned before their government. If you check details about it NESREA has even sensetize people af Alaba market and workshop has been done on it. Nesrea was just expecting fade out of the ones in the country. Very soon vehicular emission program will soon kick start the same agency with serious enforcement.

That is completely out of tune with the economic woes and realities bedevilling the masses. One thing, if a listening govt, at least they could have suspended that idea.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by kunle75(m): 12:56am On Feb 11, 2016
comos:

project status after 8yrs ?

by now coaches (train) suppose to be running on those rail track.

is that how capital project as such runs/happen over night ?

Well your bro GEJ refused APC led govt in lagos access to all the required funding to make it happen then,so exercise some patience.

Thanks
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by StOla: 5:02am On Feb 11, 2016
comos:
9 months is already gone

Even though your comment has already been addressed, it seems you're too stupid to understand the knowledge being communicated to you.

So I present it to you below.

The minister, who spoke on Tuesday while addressing a joint session of the House of Representatives Committees on Works/Power/Housing in Abuja, added that the government’s total commitment to roads was in excess of N2tn.He explained that the government had decided to prioritise road projects in the country by identifying major ones in the six geographical zones with a view to completing them.

I hope that henceforth, you will learn to understand why information disclosed by a public figure is compulsory to be disclosed?

Was he supposed to keep quiet because a moro.n on Nairaland doesn't want him to talk?
Did you get upset because he revealed that over N1Trillion was being owed to contractors by the last administration?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by omokab: 5:55am On Feb 11, 2016
mindtricks:

That is completely out of tune with the economic woes and realities bedevilling the masses. One thing, if a listening govt, at least they could have suspended that idea.
what is affecting economy and masses of this country? Banned of two stroke engine generator? Majority of you people just don't even understand what economy is all about. Your interest is to come to nairaland and be typing anything against against this govt. I have told the person that blamed Fasola for mentioning that small generator has been banned in this country that, small generator known as two stroke engine has been banned by NESREA since 2013 not this present govt that banned it. Meanwhile, it was banned because of the danger it caused to the masses. It has killed many people because of its chemical combinations. And it doesn't affect economy because you can't use it to power big business apart from business like barbing saloon. The only thing there is to add small money to buy a bigger generator to run your business which may just cost you possibly additional 5k. So,if your area of interest is to blame govt then blame past adminstration for this. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Ephemmm:
comos: :

It took GEJ 5 months to build that road from sagamu interchange to RCCG.

for 8 months your "ineffectual Fashola Buffon" has running aimlessly from pillar to post, blaming past Administration, banning importation of small generator and increasing electricity tariff.

he should work the talk. this is Nigeria, not Lagos.

Propaganda will fail him this time.

It took your ineffectual buffon 6 years as President and 2 years VP to do that. However, who told you that Sagamu interchange to RCCG has been completed? You need to wake up from your slumber.

You lie is as fake as GEJ till 2019, walahi tongue tongue tongue

1. @Comos, please stop lying or saying what you don't know

2. I just had a road trip all the way from Lagos to Ogori-Magongo in Kogi state, just this past weekend. You will feel the pang of what Fashola is saying........

3. Lagos Ibadan expressway is not what @Comos should even refer to. RCCG to whatever university does not even count for a completed standard job. How in this millenium will a government start a project of such magnitude in a confused manner and allow such confusion to permeate the project. Lagos Ibadan expressway should be a 10-lane standard road, with drainage, lights, and associated services

4. It is also a shame that the major road from our #1 Airport (MM1) is nothing to write home about. Conventionally, in any sane country, the road from the airports are given priority attention, much more that's what bring in investment traffic into your country. I recall when Tinubu was governor of Lagos, he awarded the contract for the MM1 road to Julius Berger. Julius Berger moved in to start work and Ogunlewe led his FERMA thugs to attack Julius Berger. I heard Julius Berger was threatened from Abuja, to loose all their major contracts, should they build that road.....fast forward 12years later, nothing was done and the road is worse.......Meanwhile, I will expect Amaechi to be considering how will we line rail tracks to MM1. How can we not have a train access to the Nation's flagship Airport.

5. I like Fashola's approach and we all have to be dispassionate about it, and much more change our orientation. In my estate, the residential association decided to take on the road projects and levied us. They came up with a strategy to distribute the roads EQUITABLY and not EQUALLY. The logic is that a road that has over 80% of cars plying should take priority over inner roads........fast forward 2year later, we are 85% completed on the major roads, and well meaning residents in each zone had even taken up the inner roads. Value and Rents have gone up. It is important to let FG do all these marked high priority roads, even if it is not in my state. These are the roads that will increase high-value commerce and accelerate economic development. There is a 10-lane road from Johanessburg to Cape-Town (an equivalent distance of Lagos-Maiduguri) built during the Tabo Mbeki administration. Today in South Africa all major new factories and industry lines the road, especially the currently ongoing Sun City mall, touted to be the biggest mall in the world

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2016
chudionu58:
We are waiting for Fashola to initiate his projects and complete them!! APC e-fools should stop stylishly taking credits for Jonathan's projects.

like Lagos Ibadan expressway?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 8:48am On Feb 11, 2016
On my recent road trip from Lagos to Kogi state (about 700km), I encountered only 2 stretches of what you will refer to as manageable
1. Ilesha - Akure - which is not even dualised
2. The abandoned Redeem to Christopher University - A stretch of about 25KM

Isn't this a call for concern
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

1. @Comos, please stop lying or saying what you don't know

2. I just had a road trip all the way from Lagos to Ogori-Magongo in Kogi state, just this past weekend. You will feel the pang of what Fashola is saying........

3. Lagos Ibadan expressway is not what @Comos should even refer to. RCCG to whatever university does not even count for a completed standard job. How in this millenium will a government start a project of such magnitude in a confused manner and allow such confusion to permeate the project. Lagos Ibadan expressway should be a 10-lane standard road, with drainage, lights, and associated services

4. It is also a shame that the major road from our #1 Airport (MM1) is nothing to write home about. Conventionally, in any sane country, the road from the airports are given priority attention, much more that's what bring in investment traffic into your country. I recall when Tinubu was governor of Lagos, he awarded the contract for the MM1 road to Julius Berger. Julius Berger moved in to start work and Ogunlewe led his FERMA thugs to attack Julius Berger. I heard Julius Berger was threatened from Abuja, to loose all their major contracts, should they build that road.....fast forward 12years later, nothing was done and the road is worse.......Meanwhile, I will expect Amaechi to be considering how will we line rail tracks to MM1. How can we not have a train access to the Nation's flagship Airport.

5. I like Fashola's approach and we all have to be dispassionate about it, and much more change our orientation. In my estate, the residential association decided to take on the road projects and levied us. They came up with a strategy to distribute the roads EQUITABLY and not EQUALLY. The logic is that a road that has over 80% of cars plying should take priority over inner roads........fast forward 2year later, we are 85% completed on the major roads, and well meaning residents in each zone had even taken up the inner roads. Value and Rents have gone up. It is important to let FG do all these marked high priority roads, even if it is not in my state. These are the roads that will increase high-value commerce and accelerate economic development. There is a 10-lane road from Johanessburg to Cape-Town (an equivalent distance of Lagos-Maiduguri) built during the Tabo Mbeki administration. Today in South Africa all major new factories and industry lines the road, especially the currently ongoing Sun City mall, touted to be the biggest mall in the world

how many meters have fashola added to the road since GEJ left

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2016
kunle75:

is that how capital project as such runs/happen over night ?

Well your bro GEJ refused APC led govt in lagos access to all the required funding to make it happen then,so exercise some patience.

Thanks

you called a project that was abandoned after 8yrs an overnight project.

Is the cost of procuring a coach (Train) so high that FG have to intervene.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 9:13am On Feb 11, 2016
StOla:

Even though your comment has already been addressed, it seems you're too stupid to understand the knowledge being communicated to you.

So I present it to you below.

I hope that henceforth, you will learn to understand why information disclosed by a public figure is compulsory to be disclosed?

Was he supposed to keep quiet because a moro.n on Nairaland doesn't want him to talk?
Did you get upset because he revealed that over N1Trillion was being owed to contractors by the last administration?

Mr silly,

What stops fashola from telling Julius berger to continue with the project ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 9:19am On Feb 11, 2016
comos:

how many meters have fashola added to the road since GEJ left

Is that your headache? ha! I will advise you to go and stock our room with pile loads of paracetamol o

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

Is that your headache? ha! I will advise you to go and stock our room with pile loads of paracetamol o

please give me numerical answer, not insult.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2016
comos:

please give me numerical answer, not insult.

300 cartons
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

300 cartons

you spend a lot of time to do such write-up defending fashola, I ask a simple question only for you to answer with 300 cartoons. That shows your level mentality.

Gov. Wike was in AIT (political Platform) this morning, where he said that all the contract awarded by Amechi is been continue by his government. mr man government is continuum.

This leads to my question

Why fashola did not ask Julius Berger and RCC to continue with the project ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
comos:

you spend a lot of time to do such write-up defending fashola, I ask a simple question only for you to answer with 300 cartoons. That shows your level mentality.

Gov. Wike was in AIT (political Platform) this morning, where he said that all the contract awarded by Amechi is been continue by his government. mr man government is continuum.

This leads to my question

Why fashola did not ask Julius Berger and RCC to continue with the project ?

Bros,

1. My "level of mentality" (maturity I guess you meant) is at way beyond yours
2. Unfortunately, it's here you're immature, ignorant or lacking in understanding. The FG that sacked Bi-Courtney created a complicated situation, Bi-Courtney took them to court........., creating a messed-up arrangement, RCC and Julius Berger are owed contract fees.
3. Considering the hurried rate GEJ rushed the duo to continue the project, as he was using it as a campaign reference (another absurdity), there was bound to be complications and why the project cannot continue immediately
4. Have you not heard where Fashola called Bi-Courtney, Julius Berger and RCC to settle out of court, so that the project can continue........

You simply left me to waste a little time explaining what is in the public space to you. Is that the level of your "mentality"?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by chudionu58(f): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

Whose project is that?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by chudionu58(f): 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

Whose project is that?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by kasay: 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
comos:
9 months is already gone

How old are you?? What's your level of education??

I'm asking because it's only an uneducated kid that will make this kind of silly comment.

If you are not an uneducated kid, you should know that Fashola cannot embark on any project without budgetary provision and approval.

It's the budget he was defending that prompted that assurance of 24month lagos-Ibadan road completion. Also, be reminded that Fashola wasn't sworn in on May 29th.

He was appointed last year November.

It's the presence of too many irritating and uneducated kids on Nairaland like you that make most of us stay away from here.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

1. My "level of mentality" (maturity I guess you meant) is at way beyond yours
2. Unfortunately, it's here you're immature, ignorant or lacking in understanding. The FG that sacked Bi-Courtney created a complicated situation, Bi-Courtney took them to court........., creating a messed-up arrangement, RCC and Julius Berger are owed contract fees.
3. Considering the hurried rate GEJ rushed the duo to continue the project, as he was using it as a campaign reference (another absurdity), there was bound to be complications and why the project cannot continue immediately
4. Have you not heard where Fashola called Bi-Courtney, Julius Berger and RCC to settle out of court, so that the project can continue........

You simply left me to waste a little time explaining what is in the public space to you. Is that the level of your "mentality"?

where was Bi-Courtney when the Road was constructed from sagamu Interchange to RCCG during GEJ era.

Fashola brought in Bi-Courtney beacuse of political reasons.

If you want to know those APC politicians behind Bi-Courtney, I will tell you.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
comos:

where was Bi-Courtney when the Road was constructed from sagamu Interchange to RCCG during GEJ era.

[size=16pt]Fashola brought in Bi-Courtney beacuse of political reasons.[/size]

If you want to know those APC politicians behind Bi-Courtney, I will tell you.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
OMG!!!! I've had it.

I never knew I was discussing with an infant mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by mapet: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
kasay:

How old are you?? What's your level of education??

I'm asking because it's only an uneducated kid that will make this kind of silly comment.

If you are not an uneducated kid, you should know that Fashola cannot embark on any project without budgetary provision and approval.

It's the budget he was defending that prompted that assurance of 24month lagos-Ibadan road completion. Also, be reminded that Fashola wasn't sworn in on May 29th.

He was appointed last year November.

It's the presence of too many irritating and uneducated kids on Nairaland like you that make most of us stay away from here.

Your questions were so premeptive and on the spot, I mean for someone who said this

comos:

[size=16pt]Fashola brought in Bi-Courtney beacuse of political reasons.
[/size]
Re: Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola by comos: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
mapet:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
OMG!!!! I've had it.

I never knew I was discussing with an infant mentality.

you must be person of Low self esteem, that is why you have been throwing out insult from your Agege hideout.

Wike told all the contractor to continue with the projects Amechi awarded,
What stops Fashola from telling Juluis Berger and RCC to continue with the project.
At least they can renegotiate if need be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo At The Presidential Quarterly Business Forum (Photos) / Governors Fayose, Wike Storm Uyo For Akwa Ibom At 30 Celebration (Photos) / Bishop Kukah Visits Senate Chief Whip, OrJi Kalu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.