Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh (30814 Views)

Court Fines El-rufai N10,000 In Libel Suit Against Metuh / Edo Tribunal: INEC Closes Case, Fails To Produce Witnesses / 18 Witnesses To Testify Against Metuh In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by frisky2good(m): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2016
I'm sure the judge must have laughed real hard after all this drama. Nonsense. Na so dem dey do case? Just take someone to court in hand cuffs and you expect a conviction?
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by bonechamberlain(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2016
TippyTop:
I expect Metuh to win this case hands down, he got paid for work done, where's the problem.
that is what amazes me, someone paid you to do a work, its should be the business of the payer to complain not efcc. I just tire

1 Like

Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by bekpo(m): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2016
It means,EFCC has close their case it's now left for d defence to either address d court on no case submission(if they felt they have so discredit d efcc witnesses) or open their case and call evidence to disprove efcc hevidence. It does not mean d is no case against metu.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Amucha: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2016
abuayman:
Hmmm. EFCC una try. At least, FG collected almost 600m on bail alone, correct business wallahi. grin grin cool

Small small I don de near ftc after 5years for Nairaland. No wahala, we shall soon be there.

@poster above me, yhu fit help me small by simply deleting yhur comment eh?

lol, please understand that no money was collected on bail.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by epistleNow(m): 10:28am On Feb 10, 2016
Olodos, always commenting without knowing zilch about anything !!!
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by epistleNow(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2016
bekpo:
It means,EFCC has close their case it's now left for d defence to either address d court on no case submission(if they felt they have so discredit d efcc witnesses) or open their case and call evidence to disprove efcc hevidence. It does not mean d is no case against metu.

Thank you !!!
All hope not lost, we still have one in you that's educated.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by onyibajoe(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Borrow the simplest dictionary and check up what 'bail' means.
abuayman:
Hmmm. EFCC una try. At least, FG collected almost 600m on bail alone, correct business wallahi. grin grin cool

Small small I don de near ftc after 5years for Nairaland. No wahala, we shall soon be there.

Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by tapread: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=tapread post=42783853]

tapread.net/2016/02/10/n400m-fraud-efcc-closes-case-against-olisa-metuh/
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by MrDoGood(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2016
Bigprozzie:
It's the title that is confusing

It means the EFCC has finished providing evidence against Metuh

Now his defence lawyers have cross examine witnesses etc

Okay!!!

Thanks.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by jeroton: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2016
The headline is misleading, the simple meaning is tha the efcc is done in presenting their witness it's now the turn of metuh's lawyer to cross examine those witness presented by efcc,
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by MrGerald(m): 11:49am On Feb 10, 2016
psucc:
Does this mean that PDP didn't had cases to prosecute her campaign?

And APC, a party formed within 2yrs to the election was able to garner the financial strength to boost hers?

What happened to the fund raise that PDP embarked which yielded so much so that it attracted condemnation from the same APC and even some of her Intl sympathizers?

The truth, no matter how hidden, like the air will find its way out.
How they got the fund to finance their presidential campaign? you can ask Amechi and governors of Lagos state, they may not even be free from Dasuki's 2.1b$, while they close the case is to avoid implications
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by NovusHomo(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
oteneaaron:
Wait......i honestly don't get it......so what does this mean now?

It means that the accuser (EFCC) has finished presenting its case. Now, the accused (Olisa Metuh) will defend himself.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Amanwulu1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
danot1030:
Since people like SK3NKI will not have patient to read a post before they jump to comment any rubbish. Op from the post where is it indicated that case was closed? Your propaganda will not stop Metuh from producing the yam he ate or even serving a term for the same purpose.
sorry even ur TVC carried d news yesterday even though like u I can't see it in d post.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by bankoleben(m): 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
jeroton:
The headline is misleading, the simple meaning is tha the efcc is done in presenting their witness it's now the turn of metuh's lawyer to cross examine those witness presented by efcc,

The headline is not misleading, the problem is that most commenters here don't understand what it means to close a court case.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by spinoff: 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
HtwoOw:
before you dole out those likes , be aware that Nigerians were already very fed up of the PDP and it's misrule because APC made it a hobby to enlighten Nigerians about the impunity

So even if PDP shared everything in the treasury, their chance of winning was slim from the onset
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by MrMandilas: 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
oteneaaron:
Wait......i honestly don't get it......so what does this mean now?
It means kworoption is fighting back.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by chigoizie7(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
He can receive money from anyone who pledges to fund GEJ campaign(there was a fund raising then, it mounted into billions that got people from all walks of life castigating the huge amount of money raised).the fund came from both private and public figures/individuals businessmen/women alike. The said money was not said to have been meant for procurement of "ARMS" it was as a pledge from the former NSA boss, sambo dasuki, metu collected the money not knowing it was a diverted fund from arms deal. (he has every right not to reject the money as it was not said to be meant for arms as @ the time it was disbursed)

APC also held a fund raising prior to their campaign, has anyone arrested any of the fund raisers? Or the party chairman of APC for receiving funds/pledges from even corrupt people that raised the fund for APC? Hell NO.

Haven said this, EFCC has closed case against metuh, they only used force/power to detain him against his wish/fundamental human rights, thus, him(metuh) refusing to refund a dime as the disbursed money was a redeemed pledge meant to be used for a certain purpose and he did what he was asked to do with it by the party stakeholders.

EFCC should watch out for the defence council defending their claims, believe u me, if the justice system ain't biased, EFCC will pay through there anus.

NB: we all know that Nigerian politicians are criminals,metuh inclusive, but the law also stipulates that no one is a criminal until proven otherwise by a competent court of law, until that happens, metuh is innocent, and is coming for their ass.

Just like someone said below, I am ignorant of what closing a case means, so ignore my nonsense. I just said what I understood from the case
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Super1Star: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
It's obvious that some people do not know the meaning of closing a prosecution.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Tallesty1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nienie:
..somebody help me out here..what does it mean??
It means that EFCC has finished telling their own side of the story, it is now time for Metu's team to defend him.

Then judgement will follow.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by lordnye: 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
psucc:
Does this mean that PDP didn't had cases to prosecute her campaign?

And APC, a party formed within 2yrs to the election was able to garner the financial strength to boost hers?

What happened to the fund raise that PDP embarked which yielded so much so that it attracted condemnation from the same APC and even some of her Intl sympathizers?

The truth, no matter how hidden, like the air will find its way out.
metu should be jailed straight away
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by webcalculator(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
abuayman:

The bail money and land serves as collateral, they will refund it if they've closed the case
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Mordyb: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
abuayman:

no they didn't it would have to be returned to him and he might have paid 10percent of said sum
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by OneManLegion(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
TippyTop:
I expect Metuh to win this case hands down, he got paid for work done, where's the problem.
Ever heard of money laundering? It's illegal, dattebayo.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by OneManLegion(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
chigoizie7:

It means that EFCC has no clear case to convict metu, that was even one of the reasons why he(metuh) refused to refund a dime.

The case has been closed. Why? Because metuh, being the PDP leader then, can receive money from anyone who pledges to fund GEJ campaign(there was a fund raising then, it mounted into billions that got people from all walks of life castigating the huge amount of money raised).the fund came from both private and public figures/individuals businessmen/women alike. The said money was not said to have been meant for procurement of "ARMS" it was as a pledge from the former NSA boss, sambo dasuki, metu collected the money not knowing it was a diverted fund from arms deal. (he has every right not to reject the money as it was not said to be meant for arms as @ the time it was disbursed)

APC also held a fund raising prior to their campaign, has anyone arrested any of the fund raisers? Or the party chairman of APC for receiving funds/pledges from even corrupt people that raised the fund for APC? Hell NO.

Haven said this, EFCC has no case against metuh, they only used force/power to detain him against his wish/fundamental human rights, thus, him(metuh) refusing to refund a dime as the disbursed money was a redeemed pledge meant to be used for a certain purpose and he did what he was asked to do with it by the party stakeholders.

EFCC should watch out for the defence council sueing damages, believe u me, if the justice system ain't biased, EFCC will pay through there anus.

NB: we all know that Nigerian politicians are criminals,metuh inclusive, but the law also stipulates that no one is a criminal until proven otherwise by a competent court of law, until that happens, metuh is innocent, and is coming for their ass.
What happened to you?
How come you typed such claptrap in such pristine grammar?
God! I dunno what to say to you.....you don _fuck up....BIG TIME!!!
When a prosecutor closes a case, it means he's done with his own side of the story, now the burden of proof shifts to Metuh and his legal team to bring their defenses up and prove Metuh's innocence if they can.
Why did you show your ignorance with such cockiness, Chigoizie7?
You obviously know nothing of lawyers and legalese, you should have shut up and learned.
Your arrogant ignorance dey vex me. Don't even reply to this post...you too _fuck up.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Cwhyte(m): 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Closing a case does not mean that the case is over.
It means efcc has done their closing (presented all their witnesses and submitted all their arguments on the case and now, they awaits the judge's verdicts.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Cwhyte(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by cmecproblem(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
eleojo23:
What is happening? Explanation please.
The EFCC has retrieved the stolen funds,with interest.
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by chigoizie7(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
OneManLegion:

What happened to you?
How come you typed such claptrap in such pristine grammar?
God! I dunno what to say to you.....you don _fuck up....BIG TIME!!!
When a prosecutor closes a case, it means he's done with his own side of the story, now the burden of proof shifts to Metuh and his legal team to bring their defenses up and prove Metuh's innocence if they can.
Why did you show your ignorance with such cockiness, Chigoizie7?
You obviously know nothing of lawyers and legalese, you should have shut up and learned.
Your arrogant ignorance dey vex me. Don't even reply to this post...you too _fuck up.

Thanks bro, u can as well help Edith the mention. I am ignorant, and I do take corrections.
actually, what I typed earlier came out in a wrong format,

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/OLISA-METUH--EFCC-Escapes-by-the-Whiskers/
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by Damdeok(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
princemillla:
Case gone, fg lose or win. NEXT!!!
Dnt worry next case go be $500million (Dasuki 2 Efcc) for d closing of case against metuh
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by enilowo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
abuayman:

U be mumu you dont pay money for bail
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by HtwoOw: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
I already did before i made my comment
mabea:
Bros I gues u should read again in order to comprehend what the poster whose post he liked meant
Re: EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh by HtwoOw: 7:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Irore:

That APC made it a hobby to enlighten Nigerians about the impunity of GEJ govt is the only thing I'm enjoying in all this. Even no one is sent to jail at the end of the day, gullible Nigerians now know that PDP actually 'shared the 'money'. Enough reason for the loss of GEJ and his party. The change now will only be felt if those in power don't repeat what they did in the past and while in PDP especially as most of them are from PDP.

Glad you enjoyed something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Hundreds Of INEC Adhoc Workers Resign Leaving Pools In Jeopardy / General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. / APC Presidential Rally, Sokoto And Kebbi (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.