Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) (1170 Views)

FG Commences Work On Lafia-makurdi Highway (photos) / Photos : Fayose Drives Digger As He Commences Work On Abandoned Federal Roads / NLC Commences Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Despite advice from concerned citizens for all parties to embrace dialogue, Nigerian Labour Congress have commenced a showdown with Imo Government termed "work to rule" aimed at stopping what they termed anti-people policy of concession. While the Labour is marching from one end of town, Imo State youths are marching from another end in support of Government's concession policy. My fear is a possible clash when they eventually meet.

Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by GEJ2019(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
Those youths are hired by IMO Apc
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by excellencyabia1: 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
Wahala
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
GEJ2019:
Those youths are hired by IMO Apc

Labour could also have been possibly hired by Imo PDP. Its all politics. The protest seems to have flopped as Imo teachers have withdrawn from NLC's plan. Let all parties sheath the sword and work things out amicably.

1 Like

Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
More pics

Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by Tunami(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
all i see in these pictures are paid jobless/unemployed youths.
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tunami:
all i see in these pictures are paid jobless/unemployed youths.

An unemployed person cannot belong to NLC.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/02/10/nlc-stage-protest-in-imo-state/

The protest is to express their displeasure over
the lingering issue of the concession policy by
the state government as well as the suspension
of workers from 19 parastatals in the state.
The Labour shut down all activities at the Sam
Mbakwe airport, Owerri and other government
offices under the NLC to effect the compliance of
the protest.

However, the National Chairman of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) Chief John Oyegun
is presently at the Government House in Owerri
to brief newsmen about the issues.
Meanwhile a meeting between State Government
and the State Executive of the Nigeria Labour
Congress is at the moment ongoing at the office
of the Secretary to the Government of Imo State
as they are trying to see how to resolve the issue
at hand.

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Heard the good news that a truce has been reached.
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by asha80(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
abagoro:
Heard the good news that a truce has been reached.
what is the outcome of the truce because I have not heard anything here
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
asha80:
what is the outcome of the truce because I have not heard anything here

Heard they met with Sir Ejiogu and the protest has already stopped. Teachers withdrew from the protest much earlier. I'm happy there was no clash.
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by Leopantro: 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
But OP, you have always maintained that this Governor is a man of the people, a visionary that wants only the best for his people. He will never let his people and the state to suffer that is why all his policies have been people oriented and Progress driven.
Ironic that you are in the midst of the NLC protesters and not the protesters of youth hired to counter protest and praise the governor for all the wonderful things he has done for the state.
Wish I had the time, I would print out all the glowing epistle you have ever written about him and distribute it to that group you are in.
The effect would be soul lifting.
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by abagoro(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Leopantro:
But OP, you have always maintained that this Governor is a man of the people, a visionary that wants only the best for his people. He will never let his people and the state to suffer that is why all his policies have been people oriented and Progress driven.
Ironic that you are in the midst of the NLC protesters and not the protesters of youth hired to counter protest and praise the governor for all the wonderful things he has done for the state.
Wish I had the time, I would print out all the glowing epistle you have ever written about him and distribute it to that group you are in.
The effect would be soul lifting.

The fact that most of the protesters came from outside the State tells a story.
Re: NLC Commences Work To Rule Protest In Imo State (photos) by AbleGodAlways: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
Where's Buhari he never finish him vacation

(1) (Reply)

Kano Emirate Press Release On Alleged Abduction, Contradicts All The Narrative / Oba Akiolu Lead Lagos Chiefs 2 Thank Ambode 4 Rescuring Abducted Lagos Girls(pix / We Cannot Give Excuses For Fuel Scarcity − Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.