Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. (2856 Views)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by RiloKiley: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Its true the home front is the fortress of the woman and it is her duty to ensure it is kept clean and orderly while her man provides for the home. However in this 21st century there have been certain paradigm shifts. Woman now work the 9-5 and sometimes come home just as tired as the man himself. In as much as this thread is jot meant to take anything away from the average male, I don't think its a bad idea to help out around the house once in a while.
Below follows a list of chores a man should be able to carry out around the home as well as some others he can assist his wife with. Do you agree?

1. Washing the car. Both of them.
2. Taking the car to the mechanic.
3. Clearing the compound of grass and debris.
4. Trimming the hedges.
5. Putting on the generator
6. Fixing the generator when its spoilt.
7. Providing electronics
8. Repairing electronics
9. Ensuring security at night i.e locking up the house after everybody should have gone to sleep.

The man can assist the woman in
1. Washing clothes
2. Hanging clothes
3. Taking out the trash
4. Moving furniture if needed
5. Ironing the clothes.
6. Fetching water if you fetch into heavy gallons.
7. Assisting the kids once a while with thier homework.

What do you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by Cutehector(m): 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
I thought they say what a man can do, a woman can do better?

Why can't d woman do the man's chores too?

1 Like

Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by RiloKiley: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Cutehector:
I thought they say what a man can do, a woman can do better?

Why can't d woman do the man's chores too?
Hmmm.
Good point.
I don't think I've ever heard of the ladies offering to help the men with thier chores.
Oya ladies. Over to you.
Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by Miami11: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rilokiley

I do most of all that mans work,
I take both cars for repair,
I mow the lawn,
I close all the doors and double check them( if I rely on hubby on this kind of security we will sleep with the door open lol)
I clear the compound too, I do everything he can in my house,
The only thing I dislike doing is putting furniture together, just because I hate reading instructions and following minor details,

1 Like

Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by RiloKiley: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Miami11:
Rilokiley

I do most of all that mans work,
I take both cars for repair,
I mow the lawn,
I close all the doors and double check them( if I rely on hubby on this kind of security we will sleep with the door open lol)
I clear the compound too, I do everything he can in my house,
The only thing I dislike doing is putting furniture together, just because I hate reading instructions and following minor details,
So what does he do?

2 Likes

Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by cococandy(f): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2016
Include child care, cleaning and cooking then we will know you're serious. grin

1 Like

Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by RiloKiley: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2016
cococandy:

Include child care, cleaning and cooking then we will know you're serious. grin
The one wey i write neva do una? Which one r u helping the man do? Na wa o.
Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by cococandy(f): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2016
RiloKiley:

The one wey i write neva do una? Which one r u helping the man do? Na wa o.
grin
Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2016
Staying with a single mom I did all chores from washing plates sweeping parlour, washing clothes, ironing, cleaning furniture's, cooking, scrubbing the floor of kictwn,bathroom and momsi room, fetching water, so really I can't think of any task considered manly however the only task I won't do is babysitting children, I find kids annoying
Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by Ama80(f): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2016
Work is work.couples shud find a way to help.
Re: Manly Chores That Can Be Done Around The House. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:01am On Feb 14, 2016
You call those 'manly' chores?

(1) (Reply)

What Is D Best Way To Handle A Stubborn Boy? / Fathers Day Gift Ideas / Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.