Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State (1069 Views)

FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support" / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Rochas Okorocha, The First Igbo Politician To Meet US President Obama (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State by ahizih(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO ROCHAS ANAYO OKOROCHA, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE
Warmest greetings your Excellence Sir,
I will say that this letter is a letter that is long over due, it is a letter that is supposed to come before now,but due to the trust i have built in you over the years, i decided to wait while i observe they numerous plights and complains by your subjects.
This letter could also be seen as a child of necessity after i became satisfied with the convictions of the realities behind the complains of your subjects and they are nothing but the truth.
Your Excellence,it will interest you to know that i was born and raised in Imo before i left to a state in the north central to acquire a degree certificate and as such i will also want to inform you that i'm very conversant with most of the happenings in the state as regards to governance and politics.
Prior to your emergence as governor of our dear state in 2011, imolites witnessed political disasters and lacuna in good governance,it was quite unfortunate that the past governor before you was in no way close in providing our needs as a people. Collectively we all fasted and prayed with the helps of clergymen in the state,in one voice we asked God to come to our rescue.

In God's divine answer to our prayers,the next morning we were greeted with newspaper headlines that an Abuja politician,an illustrious son of igbo land and a Philanthropist who goes by the name Rochas Okorocha has decided to come back and join the tussle for number one citizen in the state for the upcoming 2011 guber race.

With our faces full of surprises,we whispered to ourselves in low tone because of fear of the unknown at the news paper stand,and we said"so God still remembered us by providing a messiah at this hour and in such a short time we prayed to him" with great joy in our hearts we all departed to our various homes to break the good news,i could recall the tears of joy that dropped down to my neighbors cheeks when i broke the news of your intention to run for the guber race.

Your Excellence,you'll agree with me that your election in 2011 was won with a landslide victory courtesy of the masses both home and abroad,the local government which i came from "Ngorkpala" played a vital role in deciding your fate if we must talk about the re-runs that took place before the election was concluded.

One interesting thing worthy to note during the polls was that those who couldn't even win state house of assembly elections on their own won because the contested under the same political party with you "APGA" so they as well enjoyed the massive support of they people,today's history recorded it that the power that be couldn't stop you from winning the 2011 for they masses were your stronghold.

But your Excellence what then shocked us all was that months after your emergence as the winner of the polls you tactically turned your back against those who aligned with you in wrestling out power from the then incumbent governor Ikedi Ohakim,this apparently was not a good beginning.

Fast tracked to the 2015 guber polls,the world bears the witness that it wasn't easy for you,the total support of the masses you got in 2011 was not there again. Like Abraham Lincoln will say "election belongs to the people" your excellence the people turned their backs on you for obvious reasons,and those reasons i could see you're not ready to let go of them and make things right. Don't forget that you might still need the people tomorrow even as am aware that you're enjoying your second term.

If i must remind you sir, you used to be one of the advocates of a true democracy and a philanthropist by nature,these are they qualities you possessed that won you the hearts of the people before your coming into power. It is now a thing of regret that those who bestowed their trust in you are now crying in pains and hardship under your own watch. You must therefore do everything possible to make sure that they people wishes prevails,so that you can write your name on a good slate before leaving office,because it is not late to change for change is a constant thing in man.

Your Excellence,you must see to it that you address those issues bordering your people,be concerned with the well being of the people and pay attention to the methods of work. Your recent face off with the members of Nigerian Medical Association Imo state chapter should be addressed as soon as possible,if not a lot of innocent people will die,innocent people who can't afford the money to travel to abroad for treatments and of course on judgment day the almighty will ask you to give account of those who died due to your inability to provide health care services for your people.

Rebuild your economic team,stop telling the world through media about the dwindling economy in the state,because the raw truth is that you came on board as governor when crude oil was still on a high selling point,so you've been the manager of the state even when things were rosy. It is a thing of shame sir with all due respect that your subjects have come up with a political ideology called "Familieocracy" an ideology which imply's that you loosely allow each and every member of your family to partake in the day to day administration of the state.

Your Excellence,allow the legislatures do their legislative business without interfering,do not make haste to become Oliver Cromwell of Britain, let those in grass root participate in government by conducting a free and fair local government election,instead of all this unconstitutional offices you're creating for your loyalties in different wards.

We must do things the right way sir,at all level and at all time,the great Mao Tse Tung said "In approaching a problem a Marxist should see the whole as well as the parts. A frog in a well says, “The sky is no bigger than the mouth of the well.” That is untrue, for the sky is not just the size of the mouth of the well. If it said, “A part of the sky is the size of the mouth of a well”, that would be true, for it tallies with the facts.

Your Excellence sir,i am not among those who collect money to write against politicians or public officers,but since you're my servant and leader as well i owe it to you to tell you the truth nomatter how painful it is. It is such an unfortunate thing that we don't have good opposition in the state as to balance the doctrine of democracy in our state.

I am anticipating that this letter will get to you or any of your aides who are constant visitors to social media. I am hoping to see you bounce back as the Owelle we use to be proud of,i hope to see you become a genuine apostle of the change your party uses as it's mantra,your Excellence i still believe in the Imo state project and very optimistic that my letter will give you a sincere concern to lift our dear state high again. Thank you

Comrade Ahizi Martins is a Public Administrator and a Social Commentator

Disclaimer: Please no part or paragraph of this letter should be edited or omitted,but it can be shared by readers to other social media networks.
Re: An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State by anath(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Rochas will not even read it self.... the guy that wrote the letter tried sha,he get time.
Re: An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State by vision2022: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
My governor My governor.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Rochas Okorocha The Executive Governor Of Imo State by ahizih(m): 5:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
anath:
Rochas will not even read it self.... the guy that wrote the letter tried sha,he get time.
He will see it, no doubt, but won't act on it.

(1) (Reply)

Former Deputy Speaker Reps Chibudom Exposed / Easter: Nigerians Are Suffering, Northern CAN Tells Buhari / Can Buhari Step Down For Gej?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.