Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF (1839 Views)

Missiles Loaded On Nigerian Fighter Jets For Boko Haram (Photos) / Nigeria Produces High-grade Security Merchandise Locally - IGP Idris (photos) / The Officers & Jets NAF Deployed To Senegal For Imminent Gambia Crisis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by zuchyblink(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique
Baba Abubakar has lauded the management of
Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company for
providing the needed technical support that has
enabled the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to sustain its
operations against the Boko Haram insurgents. The Company, at a time when the NAF would have been
forced to ground its entire fleet of Alpha Jets due to
lack of brake assembly, had helped to locally
modify and overhaul the brake assembly of the
MB-339 aircraft for adoption on the Alpha Jets. This
ingenious effort by IVM is instrumental to the continued operation of the Alpha Jets, and had
helped to save the day when help was not
forthcoming from abroad. Air Mshl Abubakar stated
that the contribution by IVM deserves national
recognition and award, given the important role
played by the Alpha Jet in the ongoing counter insurgency operations in North East Nigeria. The collaboration between the NAF and IVM is in
line with one of the key drivers of the CAS vision
which is “strategic partnership with ministries,
departments and agencies for enhanced research
and development”. Beyond the feat, the NAF is
poised to exploit the possibilities of mass producing the Alpha Jet break assembly and other
parts locally by partnering with IVM, as well as
other credible organisations, to build own capacity
for enhanced self-reliance. The invitation of IVM
team to Headquarters Nigerian Air Force for further
discussions was based on this premise. The CAS, while receiving the Chairman IVM, Mr
Innocent Chukwuma and team members in his
office, expressed the willingness by the NAF to
expand the scope of existing research and
development collaboration with IVM. “Our
partnership with IVM would not end with the Alpha jet break assembly but a leeway to forge new
frontiers, through research and development, to
replicate some of the spares needed by our
platforms” the CAS said. Air Mshl Abubakar stated
that the feat has not only saved the country huge
foreign exchange that otherwise would have been spent abroad but also adding value to Nigerians
through provision of job opportunities. Meanwhile, the Chairman IVM has expressed the
readiness of his company to partner with the NAF
to help manufacture locally some of the spares
needed to keep its aircraft operational. Mr Innocent
Chukwuma noted that such synergy as existing
between the NAF and IVM would help to reduce the dependence on foreign technologies while
promoting self-reliance, as well as technological
and economic development. He disclosed that his
company has the expertise to locally manufacture
and assemble a number of automobile products
that would be of benefit to the NAF. You are please requested to kindly use your mass
media to disseminate this information for the
awareness of the general public. Thanks for your
usual support and cooperation.
Group Captain Ayodele Famuyiwa
Director of Public Relations & Information Nigerian Airforce Force
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by zuchyblink(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2016

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
Oh lord...I just love Igbo people. Always coming to the resue of Nigeria. We must appreciate this people!

9 Likes

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
This kind of news always revives my sense of belonging as a black person and as a Nigerian. I have always been so proud of the Innoson Group and especially it's automobile subsidiary IVM. I hope you have seen the made-in-Nigeria jeep from IVM. Kudos to Mr Innocent Chukwuma and his crew. There is also the recent case of one Bashir Aliyu from Sokoto who designed and produced a car model and has been given a scholarship to study automobile design in the US (http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/197855-sokoto-car-designer-gets-scholarship-study-u-s.html). We needed to cheer up. There's a glitter of big hope for us far out on the horizon.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:
Oh lord...I just love Igbo people. Always coming to the resue of Nigeria. We must appreciate this people!

Well I don't know if you're Igbo. I am Igbo myself. Thank you for loving us, but I think it's quite petty of us to be bringing in ethnicity or tribal sentiment into every discussion here. I don't mean to hurt you, but we can all be better by being more mature. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by kingbasil: 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
The ingenuity of an Igbo man is really needed to drive the economy to great heights but it's unfortunate that they are tagged 5%'s by the fulani mistake of a president...

6 Likes

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Freelanswer above

Don't derail this thread. I know your type...Jealous yoruba. Aliyu designed a model only and not an actual car nor parts nor did his work support Nigerian defense at the moment. Open a separate thread for him, and we will promote him. I'll personally go there and promote him. This thread is about Innoson and producing parts for the Air Force jets and must focus on that only.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by HtwoOw: 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Give me a real link
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Tycoflu(m): 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nice more of this. Op provide better source abeg.
This administration is working slowly but wailers especially IPOB won't be impressed.
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
Freelanswer:

Well I don't know if you're Igbo. I am Igbo myself. Thank you for loving us, but I think it's quite petty of us to be bringing in ethnicity or tribal sentiment into every discussion here. I don't mean to hurt you, but we can all be better by being more mature. Thank you.

You are not Igbo, get out from here you yoruba. Stop derailing this thread...F out. Nuisance!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by StunningCEO: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

You this useless mental case...Keep changing your moniker every time o....kwantinu... cheesy...iPod youths bringing ethnicity into everything... angry
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by zuchyblink(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
This Innoson man is doing a great job. His vehicles are 70 percent local content
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:
Freelanswer above

Don't derail this thread. I know your type...Jealous yoruba. Aliyu designed a model only and not an actual car nor parts nor did his work support Nigerian defense at the moment. Open a separate thread for him, and we will promote him. This thread is about Innoson and producing parts for the Air Force jets and must focus on that only.

Nwanne a bu m nwa afo Igbo. This is to prove to you that I am probably more Igbo than you. One of the greatest signs of immaturity is sectionalism. If you're always seeking to support just your little part of the world, it's a great proof of your pettiness (or, let me use this expression 'tininess of mentality'). What's wrong in my praising the effort reported and then citing a similar example? How have I derailed this topic by that? Why are you mentioning Yoruba here? Between you and me, who is really derailing this topic? I didn't have tribe in mind nor did I mean to compare Bashir Aliyu with Innocent Chukwuma. But, if you have a mind of your own, you should extract a lesson from that, which is that God is not limited to your little world and will never be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

You are not Igbo, get out from here you yoruba. Stop derailing this thread...F out. Nuisance!

I just hope you are not Igbo yourself with this blatant display of charlatanism. If all Igbos were this kind of person you are, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have the likes of Innocent Chukwuma. Just see how you're already abusing me when I have written nothing that should hurt any sane person. Try to achieve something yourself and stop banking on someone else's achievement in the name of ethnicity. I am expecting more of your abuses since that's your trade mark.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by explorer250(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
Igbos,the life wire of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Freelanswer:

Nwanne a bu m nwa afo Igbo. This is to prove to you that I am probably more Igbo than you. One of the greatest signs of immaturity is sectionalism. If you're always seeking to support just your little part of the world, it's a great proof of your pettiness (or, let me use this expression 'tininess of mentality'). What's wrong in my praising the effort reported and then citing a similar example? How have I derailed this topic by that? Why are you mentioning Yoruba here? Between you and me, who is really derailing this topic? I didn't have tribe in mind nor did I mean to compare Bashir Aliyu with Innocent Chukwuma. But, if you have a mind of your own, you should extract a lesson from that, which is that God is not limited to your little world and will never be.

No Igbo man speaks Igbo or starts with I'm Igbo to prove he is Igbo...never. Keeping using Google translator. Anumanu!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

No Igbo man speaks Igbo or starts with I'm Igbo to prove he is Igbo...never. Keeping using Google translator. Anumanu!

There is nothing like Google 'translator'. What exists is Google Translate. Go and try Google Translate and see how poorly it translates Igbo and know if it can go as profound as I have in the language. Now, I've seen your mind is made up: you can never listen to reason. So, from now, just for the sake of others who are reading, SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER TO A.... Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by tonychristopher: 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

Thank lord you have noticed our impact ..but we still wanna go home ...maybe there will be bilateral trade relations later ....then diplomatic and military relations after
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
tonychristopher:

Thank lord you have noticed our impact ..but we still wanna go home ...maybe there will be bilateral trade relations later ....then diplomatic and military relations after

Your gift of ingenuity is the major reason they don't want you to go home. Imagine a black country manufacturing aircraft parts for all African countries at half the price of western countries. Those against your emergence are bigger than we think, and are afraid of another Japan in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by asadike(f): 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
If not ndigbo, it can never be like ndi igbo. Good job innoson my bro. where is Buhari? He needs to hear this,someone should tell him that its d 5% that is saving his sorry arse and his 95% from being decimated by boko haram.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
Moderators front page material.
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Ikechu12781: 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Honestly when will Igbo learn to STOP HELPING THAT ZOO. just when?

Their economy is falling, they run to ABA made, the ABA made they used to insult, to help them

The rest of the world refuse to help them in securing weapons to help them fight BH, they ran to innosun.

During their fuel scarcity, it was an Igbo man that came to save them

When the f2k will you people learn to stop helping a useless zoo that does not like you. Just when? It's always SE too that always willing to throw their necks out for that village. The rest of us are smart enough to ignore them. I'm still trying to figure out when SE will learn from their history. when will you learn? JUST WHEN?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 9:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Their economy is falling, they run to ABA made, the ABA made they used to insult, to help them

The rest of the world refuse to help them in securing weapons to help them fight BH, they ran to innosun.

When the f2k will you people learn to stop helping a useless zoo that does not like you. Just when? It's always SE too that always willing to throw their necks out for that village. The rest of us are smart enough to ignore them. I'm still trying to figure out when SE will learn from their history. when will you learn? JUST WHEN?

Well said my brother. I concur with you...western countries refused to supply them with parts. The ingrates have been running to Aba and Nnewi latetly.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by zuchyblink(m): 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
There are also reports of Innoson making light and heavy tanks for NA and also modifying private jets to fighters

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by johnmartus(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
fake company fake innoson everything about them is fake Aba made come to my mind i dont know what they celebrating?
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Ikechu12781: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

Well said my brother. I concur with you...western countries refused to supply them with parts. The ingrates have been running to Aba and Nnewi latetly.

Exactly. I'm still trying to understand SE. I thought I knew them but I can clearly see I do not. After NOI stuck her neck out for that zoo and they bit her neck, how many anioma do you see sticking their neck out for that zoo again? We learn from our history but SE never does. Always want to be captain save a hoe. Mschewwwww. They just keep falling my hand. I don tire.
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by Know2020: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
johnmartus:
fake company fake innoson everything about them is fake Aba made come to my mind i dont know what they celebrating?

Haba yoruba? Tell that to the Air Force nah. The level of hate in this people towards the Igbos cannot be contained. Anumanu!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by tonychristopher: 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
Know2020:

Your gift of ingenuity is the major reason they don't want you to go home. Imagine a black country manufacturing aircraft parts for all African countries at half the price of western countries. Those against your emergence are bigger than we think, and are afraid of another Japan in Africa.

That's why the aborted the 1967 fiasco.. They said they can't afford another Japan in Africa

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by tonychristopher: 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
johnmartus:

Pls sir. Keep your high bp kits handy

You might need them considering the way you are going
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by tonychristopher: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Nwanne m na anioma ..udi ndi dika gi na ugomba bu madu

Eziokwu ka ikwuru.. Mana ka anyi zi fa nkali
Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by gists: 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
Congrats to Innoson, congrats to Nigeria. I have always said the Igbos stand the best to profit from PMB's government cos of their industriousness - if only they will not allow fo0lish hatred blind them to this awesome opportunity.
BTW many Igbos will not say this news is another propaganda now oo!
But if/when FG come out tomorrow and say this has helped Nigeria to save $xx billion, it is then they will say its another propaganda and ask dumb question come it has not brought down the black market price of the dollar
grin grin grin Bunch of confused inconsistent miscriants grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Innoson Nigeria Produces Local Parts For Fighter Jets- NAF by EternalTruths: 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
God bless the better South.

I know the treacherous South won't like this news grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Blast Buhari On Activities Of Herdsmen,Says PMB Hasnt Done Enough / Did BBC Africa Shade President Buhari? (SEE THIS) / History Is About To Repeat Itself In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.