Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch (21527 Views)

EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym / Pix Of Amosu Sock-away Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by MARKone(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2016
Nnah these guys are Wicked!!

The figures are staggering.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Irore: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:
am not saying Mr President shouldnt fight corruption but I noticed Since he came into power and claimed he is fighting Corruption am yet to hear where an APC member or Chieftain esp those ones that were in PDP has been arrested by EFCC or Probed even with petitions written against them.

PMB's anti corruption war is more of a witch hunt! If truly he wants to fight corruption, he has to start from the root and not the branch...

Since the inception of this govt, everyday arresting and probing with no meaningful results. Touring round the continent like he is "Gulliver the Traveller" and some Zombie Nigerians are telling me its for our own good... Govt with no blue print on how to run the country and economy looking for whom to blame for their incompetence.
We are in 2016 and the budget is yet to be approved? Are we moving backward or Forward?

I' m waiting to see the first person that will go to jail in this EFCC corruption drive.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by demarc001: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2016
efilefun:
Lol
wetin funny u
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Aminat508(f): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2016
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2016
one side corruption fight
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Themandator: 8:33am On Feb 11, 2016
What becomes the fate of the occupants? They didn't commit any crime renting the place.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by PBundles(m): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Good point, which has always made me wonder how much money they made way back in the day that could ensure that one old loud mouth former leader that continually wants to advise the government on corruption had a farm and amassed so much fortune when he retired. Thieves calling out thieves....we hear you sire.

kokoA:
No military officer earns up to 800k monthly. I wonder why most of the very senior officers are usually stinkingly rich. undecided
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by saintkel(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2016
Destisened2win:
looting...The monster that needs to be killed in Nigeria
seconded
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by PBundles(m): 8:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Animal Farm, Nigerian edition. The Army came to rid us of politicians and corruption and turned out to be THE MOST CORRUPT BUNCH OF THEM ALL!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2016
Ndi ori kill em all
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by saintkel(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2016
tiger28:
All these thieves are Yorubas but you will NEVER see any of us (Yorubas)wailing in support of these kleptomaniacs. Looting is stealing and our culture frowns at this act EVEN if it is committed by our own.......unlike those shameless people that embrace all sorts of vices for the sake of "he is our Son". Very shameful folks indeed! !
Another son of tribal hate, we can't be one Nigeria with sily comments like dis
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2016
kokoA:
No military officer earns up to 800k monthly. I wonder why most of the very senior officers are usually stinkingly rich. undecided
Because the people they're supposed to be working for have the roles reversed and think they are slaves instead.

Watch some ignorant people defend these criminals.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by donlarbito(m): 8:38am On Feb 11, 2016
If you ask me na who I go ask
The matter way you see so
E havy for my mouth
No be me go talk am
E don the wa e start angry[/color][color=#770077]
VampireeM:
am not saying Mr President shouldnt fight corruption but I noticed Since he came into power and claimed he is fighting Corruption am yet to hear where an APC member or Chieftain esp those ones that were in PDP has been arrested by EFCC or Probed even with petitions written against them.

PMB's anti corruption war is more of a witch hunt! If truly he wants to fight corruption, he has to start from the root and not the branch...

Since the inception of this govt, everyday arresting and probing with no meaningful results. Touring round the continent like he is "Gulliver the Traveller" and some Zombie Nigerians are telling me its for our own good... Govt with no blue print on how to run the country and economy looking for whom to blame for their incompetence.
We are in 2016 and the budget is yet to be approved? Are we moving backward or Forward?
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by gdolls: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2016
pls leave Mr President alone to do his job

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by donem: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2016
kokoA:
No military officer earns up to 800k monthly . I wonder why most of the very senior officers are usually stinkingly rich. undecided
Don't say what you don't know @ the bolded.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:

Im*becile, are the Service Chiefs PDP officials?

Oh, they are?! Then maybe you don't want to associate or sympathize with criminals except of course you are a criminal yourself.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by saintkel(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:
$

wrt the bold statement above, Call their names COWARD
Nice one dear.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by PentiumPro(f): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2016
100Cents:

Yeriba theives...

Yes they are thieves that acquired properties with our collective wealth for themselves and children. They will be stripped.
See the difference between us? You protect your thieves, we kick them. grin

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:42am On Feb 11, 2016
obasiken:
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

But this anti corruption war is getting boring.
All i want to see is infrastructural development and a better economy. That is the kind of news I want to hear. Catching thieves will do little or nothing to improve the living standard of the people.
And how do you expect to do that when all the money was used to buy the buildings you're complaining about?

Nigerians are not that smart. The way you guy's process information is worrying.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Feb 11, 2016
obasiken:
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

But this anti corruption war is getting boring.
All i want to see is infrastructural development and a better economy. That is the kind of news I want to hear. Catching thieves will do little or nothing to improve the living standard of the people.
It is a shame that you couldn't see connection between massive looting of collective wealth and your poor living standard. It is equally a shame if you couldn't see the connection between recovery of looted fund and improvement in your living standard. Do you even realise that oil that used to sell for 120 dollars per barrel is now around 30 dollars? And if all this looted money is not recovered, where do you think money that will turn your living condition will come from?
If anti corruption war is boring to you, massive looting of public fund must have excited you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by persius555(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:

Worry less. The next election is round the corner. If APC loses out, it will be their turn to be probed.
Eventually, it is nigeria that wins.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by erayo2GCA(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Double wahala
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by persius555(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:

Worry less. The next election is round the corner. If APC loses out, it will be their turn to be probed.
Eventually, it is victory for nigeria.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by zigizaga: 8:44am On Feb 11, 2016
APC was not in Govt.(FG) during d last dispensation, so it becomes difficult to fg to try somebody that didn't participate in the looting. Whichever state that is control by pdp now that hitherto was apc, the onus is on the governor to bring such case to efcc. am not saying Mr President shouldnt fight corruption but I noticed Since he came into power and claimed he is fighting Corruption am yet to hear where an APC member or Chieftain esp those ones that were in PDP has been arrested by EFCC or Probed even with petitions written against them.

[/font][/size][/quote]
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by lailo: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:

Forget it my sister,let him start anywhere.Let those accuse prove their innocence.When he's done,next president will probe pple he regards to as sacred cows.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Okies27(m): 8:46am On Feb 11, 2016
HungerBAD:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has seized houses and other properties belonging to the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu (retd.), and other senior military officers worth N5bn.

Our correspondent learnt on Wednesday that the properties, which were seized in the Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA and Badagry areas of Lagos State, allegedly belonged to Amosu; the immediate past Chief of Accounts and Budgeting of the Nigerian Air Force, Air Vice Marshal J.B. Adigun; and Air Commodore O. O. Gbadebo, who was the Director of Finance and Budget at NAF.

A senior EFCC official, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that the suspects and others were cooperating fully with the anti-graft agency.

The source, who spoke to The PUNCH on Wednesday, in Abuja, said, “We have sealed a block of 12 luxury flats, located on Agodogba Street, Park View Estate, Ikoyi, belonging to Adigun. It is worth over N1.7bn. The same Adigun also owns another block of luxury flats on Sinari Daranijo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. It is worth N1.8bn.

“A parcel of land, located on Bourdillon Drive, Ikoyi, worth N908m, belonging to Adigun has also been seized by the EFCC operatives.”

The source added that six other properties had been traced to Adigun, including a set of four terrace houses on Agede Street, off Aminu Kano in the Wuse 2 area of Abuja.

He stated that the properties traced to Amosu were located in the Ikeja area of Lagos metropolis.

The operative said apart from the buildings, Amosu’s vehicles had also been confiscated by the anti-graft agency.

He added, “Amosu confessed to owning an ultra-modern hospital on Adeniyi Jones Avenue in Ikeja. The hospital, St Solomon Health Care Limited, which is worth about N85m, has been sealed off.

“A house located on Adeyemo Alakija Street, GRA Ikeja, near the Ghanaian High Commission, which belongs to Amosu has also been sealed. It is worth over N200m.

“Amosu, who is from Badagry, also built a house in the area. That house has also been sealed off. I cannot state the worth of the house for now.

“We have also seized a bulletproof Toyota Sports Utility Vehicle and a Toyota Avalon, belonging to Amosu. He is cooperating with us.”

The detective said six other properties had been traced to Amosu, including one in Harmony Estate in Abuja.

The EFCC source said a block of flats, belonging to Gbadebo, had also been seized.

“Gbadebo was the assistant to Adigun. He is also helping with investigation. He owns a block of eight two-bedroomed flats in a border town between Lagos and Ogun states. He also has a fish pond in the compound. The building has also been sealed off,” he said.

Our correspondent learnt that as of Wednesday afternoon, detectives were still tracing and sealing off other properties.

Amosu and over 10 senior officers are being probed by the EFCC as part of investigations into the $2.1bn arms scam, especially in relation to the 10 contracts of the NAF, said to be worth $930,500,690.00.

On Monday, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (retd.), was detained by the anti-graft agency.

Both Badeh and Amosu are answering questions on the non-specification of procurement costs, absence of contract agreements, award of contracts beyond authorised thresholds, transfer of public funds for unidentified purposes and general non-adherence to provisions of the Public Procurement Act.

The source explained that the EFCC had been given 30 days by the court to do a proper investigation.

“We have obtained court order and holding charge; we can detain them. It subsists for 30 days. Hopefully, we will be able to charge them to court very soon.

“We are sending a message to civil servants because the era of impunity is over,” the source stated.

All attempts to get an official confirmation from the EFCC proved abortive as the spokesperson for the agency, Wilson Uwujaren, neither responded to repeated telephone calls nor a text message sent to his mobile.

The PUNCH exclusively reported on February 3 that the EFCC had asked the former Chief of Air Staff to refund some money or contract sums traced to him.

Since his detention, Amosu had been quizzed over the procurement of two second-hand Mi-24V Helicopters instead of the recommended Mi-35M series at a cost of $136.9m.

The helicopters were alleged not to be operationally airworthy at the time of delivery while a brand new unit of such helicopters costs about
$30m.

http://www.punchng.com/efcc-seizes-n5bn-houses-of-ex-naf-chief-amosu-others/
. All these yoruba and hausa thieves should be hanged. These two tribes most especially are the corruption eating this country to her bone marrows.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Femich18(m): 8:46am On Feb 11, 2016
Mehn there a lot of thieves in this country. I won't say cos Amosu is from my hometown he should be pardoned. Never!!! He should be prosecuted..#ISayNoToCorruption

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nbote(m): 8:47am On Feb 11, 2016
Hmmmm... I hope all dis EFCC commando moves doesn't end up like d kashamu case. How dis military men take dey hammer sef
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Seun360(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2016
tiger28:
All these thieves are Yorubas but you will NEVER see any of us (Yorubas)wailing in support of these kleptomaniacs. Looting is stealing and our culture frowns at this act EVEN if it is committed by our own.......unlike those shameless people that embrace all sorts of vices for the sake of "he is our Son". Very shameful folks indeed! !

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by persius555(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2016
PentiumPro:

Yes they are thieves that acquired properties with our collective wealth for themselves and children. They will be stripped.
See the difference between us? You protect your thieves, we kick them. grin
thank you madam. One set of brazillian weavon to your collections.
If all nigerians (i mean tribes) come out and condemn this disgraceful act of looting by their kinsmen, the country will be better for all. Corrupt politicians and public office holders use religion and tribe as an instrument of operation in their public looting. The poor nigerian on the street stupidly thinks the looting benefits him indirectly if those involved are of his tribal extraction. This psyche has done the country more harm than good. Every looter should be arrested and prosecuted irrespective of the tribe, status or religion.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:56am On Feb 11, 2016
Okies27:
. All these yoruba and hausa thieves should be hanged. These two tribes most especially are the corruption eating this country to her bone marrows.
It's not the thieves that are the problem. The biggest problem are their supporters. They are worse than the thieves because they encourage theft. They are the ones that need to be destroyed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Members In Beeri Defect To APC In Rivers State, Tear Their Membership Card / NNPC Increases Kerosene Price To N135 From N73 Per Litre / APC Appoints Lanre Issa-Oniku As New Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.