Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,574 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) (36711 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives “Blocking Your Way” / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by yemivictor: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
banmee:

Lol. . you are funny. So, i guess the prayer will go something like this; "Father, bless this man who is a direct representation of idol worshipers and continue to grow the number of his followers". Or, "father, accept the Ooni of Ife's prayers to be born again and serve you from now on, while casting away all idols". So, which one is it? cool

How about this: Father Lord in Heaven, Creator of all Heaven and Earth, Omnipotent God, we pray for your son that may his reign bring greater peace, prosperity and love to Yoruba land and our dear nation Nigeria in Jesus name. Amen!

You need to watch the Ooni's visit to the Alake on YouTube where he (Ooni) first paid respect to the Almighty God before he began his speech.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by banmee(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
yemivictor:

How about this: Father Lord in Heaven, Creator of all Heaven and Earth, Omnipotent God, we pray for your son that may his reign bring greater peace, prosperity and love to Yoruba land and our dear nation Nigeria in Jesus name. Amen!

You need to watch the Ooni's visit to the Alake on YouTube where he (Ooni) first paid respect to the Almighty God before he began his speech.

Is it the same guy causing a rift between two tribes in Nigeria?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by sammhi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Freelanswer:

Well, thank you for letting me know how poorly I understand the Bible. I am, sure, still a learner. (Please, it appears you were in a haste to correct me and you left a lot of typographical errors on your post). But, it seems to me it's people like you who condemned Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners (imagine the news said 'Pastor Adeboye seen eating with Ooni!). Then, it's people like you Jesus would respond to by saying "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17). I believe the Ooni needed that prayer more than you righteous. Again, I may have exposed my ignorance again and I'm willing to learn... but only the TRUTH according to Jesus Christ rather than human thinking.

again, you are misapplying the scripture,... Jesus ate sinners who are members of the Jewish nation..they were not idol worshipers.. there is a world of difference...And in may case he was not praying for them..her was teaching them and they believe him and took him in...
I want to ask : Is Ooni a member of Rccg? the f so he is worshipping God and demon...he can't be on that throne and claim to be a follower of Christ...
the problem I see here is that everyone want to be identified with people of the world who are popular so they could partake of the crumbs..
did Jesus attend Herod birthday? but all military men and men of fame were there.. why was Jesus and his apostles not there or invited?
did Jesus ever pray for Pontius Pilate? is Jesus not aware of him or know his place?
a Christian is no part of the world ..John 18: 36. ..guess you don't know what that means or you rationalise its meaning just as did the Pharisees of Jesus day ... who like prominent places and public prayers to be notice as pious by men... Jesus said they are having their reward in full...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by saltoftheearth: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
HE MEANT WHERE DOES THE OONI BELONG NOT WHERE DOES PASTOR ADEBOYE BELONG. YOU RESPONDED IN ERROR. HE MEANT THE OONI CAN'T SERVE TWO MASTERS BEING THE DEITY IN IFE OR GOD.
Freelanswer:

Where are the two masters? Did the news say he prayed for the Ooni in the name of Balogun? The bible is full of prophets playing spiritual roles in the lives of Kings including pagan Kings like Daniel in the lives of Nebuchadnezzar and other Babylonian Kings; Joseph and Moses in the lives of the Pharaohs, etc. We commend the efforts of these Nigerian prophets to take over the kingdoms of this world. "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ" (Rev 11:15)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by yemivictor: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
banmee:

Is it the same guy causing a rift between two tribes in Nigeria?

Me ke? Rift?! No be me o!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by 36STATES: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thank God we don't do this king shiit in Igboland.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by ZUBY77(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
4watever:

Zuby77 old boy. Long time no chill. We didn't conclude that discussion in 2014. PM me

There is a whatsapp number on my signature here.. You can add me.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by banmee(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
yemivictor:

Me ke? Rift?! No be me o!

No i mean the Ooni with his "Yoruba monarchs are superior to the Benin monarchs".
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by millhouse: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
White man's religion senior to that of the black man
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Iwonimi(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:

It is a taboo for a king to kneel/bend down b4 another man.
you re right dude. When he's not Jonathan
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Anointed08(m): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
The throne of Inequity(sorry, the Ooni throne) can never have true fellowship with God. So, as long as King Adeyeye Ogunwusi is sitting on that throne, he remains an unbeliever, nay, an idolatrous mortal and candidate of hell fire! Even if he hires the Roman catholic Pope to come to the Ooni palace and pray for him every day, his inequity will not be purged until he quits that evil throne. What is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the eye of God. You can see that he is so full of himself in that photo and would not kneel to pray before the throne. That is to show you that demonic spirits and doctrines are very much in control of that young man and the throne of Ooni he is occupying. Pastor Adeboye on the other hand was only there to fulfill all righteousness.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by vinceton: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fake pastors
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by cecegorz(m): 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Destined2win:
Where does this man really belong?

You can't serve 2 masters you know

*modified*

I have seen people like freelanswer quote me and Sexymoma concurr.

I really think some people need to comprehend statements before jumping into conclusion. Every dick and Tom knows how fetish the rites and traditions of the ooni stool is; it was on this same forum that we got information on the rituals that he had to undergo in the name of the gods of their land before he can be crowned ooni of ife.

Now, a pastor is praying for him; minutes after he will go back to his land and continue his traditional practises which are in contradiction with the teachings of God and the pastor praying for him.

'Choose ye this day whom you will serve'!

You are absolutely right bro.
Unless Adeboye went to preach to him to forsake the yoruba gods, burn all the fetishes and paraphernalias in his possessions and FOLLOW CHRIST.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Tukor32: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
ooni pls learn how to respect d alpha and omega.. because you two are not mates..men mixing old and new testaments together
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by HaneefahRN(f): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jadekitana:
The king is a very proud Ediot!!! Why can't he kneel for daddy Adeboye? Because he's a king abi? Let this his pride not lead him to destruction. I heard obasanjo prostrated for him, what arrant nonsense! Even his childhood friends sit on the floor to talk to him! That's total bullcrap, i'm so pissed.

No be only Daddy Adeboye na mummy Adeboye. Is Adeboye God? Why shld a King bow to a mere man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Saved2Serve: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
baba i duff my carp! you be QUORA!!
Freelanswer:

Where are the two masters? Did the news say he prayed for the Ooni in the name of Balogun? The bible is full of prophets playing spiritual roles in the lives of Kings including pagan Kings like Daniel in the lives of Nebuchadnezzar and other Babylonian Kings; Joseph and Moses in the lives of the Pharaohs, etc. We commend the efforts of these Nigerian prophets to take over the kingdoms of this world. "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ" (Rev 11:15)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by tosenbaba(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jadekitana:
The king is a very proud Ediot!!! Why can't he kneel for daddy Adeboye? Because he's a king abi? Let this his pride not lead him to destruction. I heard obasanjo prostrate for him, what arrant nonsense! Even his childhood friends sit on the floor to talk to him! That's total bullcrap, i'm so pissed.

You a big sophisticated fool and idiot also,even if your Grandfather saw him,he would prostrate,and who told you they sit on floor,..hes a friend of mine so cos of that I should sit on any chair I like,.if am in his house I can behave like friend but in the palace is a different story...the reasonable question a reasonable person should ask is,did Adeboye prostrate to him?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by mattfeuter(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jadekitana:
The king is a very proud Ediot!!! Why can't he kneel for daddy Adeboye? Because he's a king abi? Let this his pride not lead him to destruction. I heard obasanjo prostrated for him, what arrant nonsense! Even his childhood friends sit on the floor to talk to him! That's total bullcrap, i'm so pissed.

Kneel down for daddy what? lol go and die if you are really pissed cool cool cool #Kinging
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by razan: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
Destined2win:

*modified*

I really think some people need to comprehend statements before jumping into conclusion. Every dick and Tom knows how fetish the rites and traditions of the ooni stool is; it was on this same forum that we got information on the rituals that he had to undergo in the name of the gods of their land before he can be crowned ooni of ife.

Now, a pastor is praying for him; minutes after he will go back to his land and continue his traditional practises which are in contradiction with the teachings of God and the pastor praying for him.

Have you Not Read:
(1Ti 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for[b] all men[/b];

(1Ti 2:2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Ponder on these things.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by hitz: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Destined2win:

*modified*

May God bless you. After I saw those pics, I was like where does the Ooni stand? Where does this Adeboye stand ? What's the content of their conversations cos I've not seen any politician change his ways.. They get worse!

But that was me thinking to myself before your comment.

Nigeria has an illiterate majority. Nairaland reflects that. Ignore the quoters
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by abbeywalado: 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
holamiday:
Mr Holy Spirit. My comment started with 'isn't this'. It's a suggestion, not an assertion.

Besides let me ask you this question: Dr Olukoya & Pastor Chris, for example, have two opposite completely different views about deliverance and they both claim to be totally led by the holy spirit. How come? Explain.

NB: that's just 1 out of hundreds of such contadictions.
The answer to ur question is in the bible....read 1 John 4:1 (Beloved do not believe every spirits but test the spirits whether they are of God; cos many false prophets has gone out to the world. If you don't have d holy spirit, how then do u test the spirit. Thanks for calling me Mr Holy Spirit (I am proud of the name) *** winks*** Everybody will claim they have holy spirit... even Jesus Christ said in the last day false prophets shall perform signs and wonders read Mark 13:22. I am not insinuating anything but decide on who to believe.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Jadekitana(f): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
tosenbaba:

You a big sophisticated fool and idiot also,even if your Grandfather saw him,he would prostrate,and who told you they sit on floor,..hes a friend of mine so cos of that I should sit on any chair I like,.if am in his house I can behave like friend but in the palace is a different story...the reasonable question a reasonable person should ask is,did Adeboye prostrate to him?

Adeboye prostrate for your king? You must be the sophisticated f.ool to think so.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
abbeywalado:

The answer to ur question is in the bible....read 1 John 4:1 (Beloved do not believe every spirits but test the spirits whether they are of God; cos many false prophets has gone out to the world. If you don't have d holy spirit, how then do u test the spirit. Thanks for calling me Mr Holy Spirit (I am proud of the name) *** winks*** Everybody will claim they have holy spirit... even Jesus Christ said in the last day false prophets shall perform signs and wonders read Mark 13:22. I am not insinuating anything but decide on who to believe.
Mr Holy Spirit, you have not answered ny question. I sincerely need you to answer that question. From the reference bible verse you gave me, you seem to insinuate that either of the 2 men of God i mentioned may not have the holy spirit. That is totally not acceptable because both men have done exploits in the body of christ. They couldn't have achieved those exploits without the 'holy spirit'. So, 1John does not hold here. Quote another verse.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
abbeywalado:

Mr Holy Spirit, you have not answered my question. I sincerely need you to answer that question. From the reference bible verse you gave me, you seem to insinuate that either of the 2 men of God i mentioned may not have the holy spirit. That is totally not acceptable because both men have done exploits in the body of christ. They couldn't have achieved those exploits without the 'holy spirit'. Dr Olukoya is spirit filled & so does Pastor Chris. So, 1John does not hold here.

I need you to give a decisive reason as to why their teachings are in opposite directions if the holy spirit ministers to them both. It only seems to me like we may have two or more holy spirits. Educate me. Don't shoo me away with bible verses.

grin Except you want to surrender and confess you do not know. I'll accept that.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by OgundeleT(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
adeboye suppose to kneel down before praying for our king or is he claiming that he's superior than ooni?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Acidosis(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Joavid:
I don lost my respect for this "man of God" since the time of GEJ.

And you respect Osinbajo, right?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Acidosis:

And you respect Osinbajo, right?
osinbajo was a part time pastor and full time lawyer who became VP.
What's wrong with that
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by Ejowvoke(m): 1:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Yesterday it was Bishop Oyedepo at the party of the supreme court declared winner of Akwa Ibom State.Today is Papa Adeboye praying for the Ooni who is the head of the Ogboni Fraternity and other cults.well God is watching.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) by isalegan2: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
9jacrip:

You're pissed? Why are you all up in your feelings? Daddy Adeboye? cheesy Pride?

Did you read your own post before hitting submit?

To rub it in for you, his own father prostrate and sit on the floor to talk to him.

Here's a picture of Onipopo of Popo from Dahomey who is obviously way older than Ogunwusi but tradition is tradition - learn it.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3391657_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3391657_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
Wow! Onipopo is regal despite the humble posture. I love to see all the Yoruba Obas connected, especially the Yorubas outside Naijiriya. Omo Oodua till infinity! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Fulani Herdsmen: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blows Hot / Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.