Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram (1103 Views)

Two Soldiers Wounded As Troops Raid Oil Bunkering Site In Rivers State. Photos / Burial Of Two Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Photo) / Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by HungerBAD: 3:46am On Feb 12, 2016
Two soldiers have been arrested in Adamawa State for allegedly trying to ferry a large quantity of arms and ammunition to Boko Haram terrorists.

Spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, told a news conference that the two were sappers, or combat engineers, who worked in an explosive ordinance unit in the North-East where Boko Haram commits most attacks, and may have trained insurgents in bomb-making; they were arrested after close monitoring of their activities.

It was also gathered that Boko Haram fighters may have infiltrated the ranks of the security forces, who now provide information for the terrorists.

Usman confirmed at the conference that a standing court marshal has been set up in the North-East to look into the conduct of some soldiers. The Army spokesman also stated that the military killed about 35 terrorists recently and rescued about 300 civilians held by Boko Haram fighters.

Colonel Sani’s statement came soon after the Department of State Service (DSS) said it arrested an alleged recruiter for the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, identified as Abdussalam Enesi Yunusa.

The agency also said two Nigerians are training in Libya with ISIS but it was unclear whether they were part of those recruited by Abdussalam Enesi Yunusa.

Boko Haram pledged allegiance to ISIS last year. ISIS propaganda has urged militants who cannot reach Iraq or Syria to go to Africa and fight in Libya or join Boko Haram, but there has been no evidence of ISIS fighters in Nigeria.

Boko Haram has continued to hit soft targets in remote villages and carrying out multiple suicide bombings in cities. A twin suicide bombing on Tuesday killed about 58 people in a refugee camp and on January 30, another attack on the outskirts of Maiduguri, killed 92 people.

Seun,Lalasticlacla,Mynd44

http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/army-arrests-two-soldiers-for-alleged-arming-of-boko-haram/

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by jeffizy(m): 3:53am On Feb 12, 2016
I thought the days of moles was over in the Nigerian Army.
Guess I'm wrong.
It is a status quo in any security formation.

The N.A must make a gripping scape goat if the snitches to send a clear message to fifth columnists.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Khd95(m): 4:18am On Feb 12, 2016
Wait,shey na d ''substandard weapons'' wey gej manage buy im wan carry giv bh sosadsad

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by shameseun: 4:59am On Feb 12, 2016
That is what you get when you keep favouring the illiterate Northerners over the well educated Southerners in sensitive areas.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by ademega(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2016
some igbo guys could do anything for money. imagine. I am not a tribalist but I am very sure a yoruba man will not sell his conscience so cheap. if u see those weapons hmmmm. God dey sha

note - I said some Igbos. if u fit do am NA u go quote me and wail.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Firefire(m): 5:29am On Feb 12, 2016
Buhary moved the Nigerian Military Command HQ to Borno, how could those moles still penetrate the force in the full glaring of the top officers?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by oluwafemi113(m): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2016
ademega:
igbo guys could do anything for money. imagine. I am not a tribalist but I am very sure a yoruba man will not sell his conscience so cheap. if u see those weapons hmmmm. God dey sha
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Babzrockman: 5:48am On Feb 12, 2016
Kokoro ton je efo, inu efo lowa.
Meaning '' the seeds that is eating vegetable is right inside the vegetable leaf''.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Flexherbal(m): 5:52am On Feb 12, 2016
Who do we trust in this country? Even the arm can't be trusted anymore.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by plaetton: 6:06am On Feb 12, 2016
ademega:
igbo guys could do anything for money. imagine. I am not a tribalist but I am very sure a yoruba man will not sell his conscience so cheap. if u see those weapons hmmmm. God dey sha

Yeah.
I guess it's Igbo parents that take their daughters to human traffickers , to go and prostitute in Italy and Spain for MONEY, right?

Igbos have more family values, are more creative, more hardworking, more patient, more versatile and would continue to attain heights that you and your low-achieving ilk would never reach, even in generations to come.

Get over your low self-esteem and Igbophobia.
Join the competition if your man enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by vikacydevato(m): 6:13am On Feb 12, 2016
We will fish all of them out.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by humanbeing4th: 6:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Babzrockman:
Kokoro ton je efo, inu efo lowa.
Meaning '' the seeds that is eating vegetable is right inside the vegetable leaf''.
lol, so english name for kokoro is seed? pls go and refnd ur Money back from ur school bursary cus its obvious D money is a waste.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Kyase(m): 6:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Khd95:
Wait,shey na d ''substandard weapons'' wey gej manage buy im wan carry giv bh sosadsad

Your brain need rebooting seriously.
Wetin carry Gej and substandard come here.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by phemmie06(m): 7:02am On Feb 12, 2016
That's the reason it will be difficult to win this insurgency at once, cos I knew there must be spy among the forces. God save us
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 12, 2016
Hian!! lipsrsealed Sabo everywhere
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Berrylite: 7:03am On Feb 12, 2016
Direct sentencing please
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by efilefun(m): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2016
Keep cutting parts of their body for them to eat till they die...wicked f00ls
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by Caseless: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2016
We know the soldiers are iPod soldiers.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2016
ademega:

Where you born stupid or did you have to take lessons?

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by jordyspices: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by HtwoOw: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2016
You know a school for stupids ? You should not go there because i think he's making sense, Yoruba people have very bad elements but on the average , Hardly would you find Yorubas involving themselves in a crime like this
LegatusGlaber:

Where you born stupid or did you have to take lessons?
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
HtwoOw:
You know a school for stupids ? You should not go there because i think he's making sense, Yoruba people have very bad elements but on the average , Hardly would you find Yorubas involving themselves in a crime like this

Pathetic
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by JaredNomak: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
The two soldiers might have been receiving orders from PMD, they should probe them meticulously.

Remember, War against Boko Haram is war against the North.
Re: Army Arrests Two Soldiers For Alleged Arming Of Boko Haram by JaredNomak: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
Firefire:
Buhary moved the Nigerian Military Command HQ to Borno, how could those moles still penetrate the force in the full glaring of the top officers?

There's no doubt PMD has been ordering those guys.

I'm afraid our president, PMD, is a ragtag terrorist.

Don't forget that Shekau appointed him as the new Boko Haram Spokesman when GEJ killed Abu Qaqa.

(1) (Reply)

PIC: See What Buhari Is Doing To Nigeria Hence The Suffering / Fulani Herdsmen: Junaid Mohammed Interview / I Will Fulfill My Promise Of Better Nigeria – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.