Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! (7413 Views)

What Buhari Discussed With Adeosun, Udo Udoma And Emefiele / Okorocha, Obiano And Emefiele At NEC Meeting (Photo) / Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Adminisher: 7:28am On Feb 13, 2016
excellentmomma:

So buhari, fashola and apc guys are all moro.ns, let them not hear that o, lolzz.

'cos they campaigned with fx rates then, fashola in Lagos speech asked the crowd, "how much is dollar now"?. They echoed.

They came with the promise to stabilize exchange rates but now it's going out of hand.

Didn't they know there was dwindling oil revenue?

There was no dwindling revenue. In fact Naira value should have been 90 to the Dollar under JonAthan. It was stealing and capital flight that kept the Naira down and that was before the oil price fell. We must not talk too much about Jonathan. The man was the most useless man ever to be presidenthe anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by tonychristopher: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Nigeria is going through a rebirth. In the process treading carefully to avoid pitfalls of past mistakes and making cautious forward progress in new area of unknowns.

One of our past errors is giving position of authority and leadership to Ibos. Time after time it has been proven, through historical and performance records, that Ibo lacks self-reflection, self guidance and respect for legacy when given public trust. This laxity is cultural and does not discriminate on the social status of a candidate, so that a highly acclaimed individual in a professional or academic field is as much a carrier of this malady in his consciousness as is the truck pusher in Idunmota or the porter in Apapa Harbour.

In government appointments it can therefore be expected that a position of authority will come to ruin under leadership of Ibo. We cannot totally exclude them from governance, but it is imperative that they are tutored on how to lead and exercise power and authority. For that reason Ibo in government appointment, particularly one in which importance is attached to ego and drive, should be put under supervision of a superior intelligence in administrative and leadership qualities, like a Yoruba or Hausa, so that the even handed guide can act as voice of wisdom and reasoning to correct his subordinate Ibo on how to self preserve and succeed.

Mod, you can go ahead and ban me now. I violated rule#2.

Your stupidity is pristine .....you talk like a deranged person . Did igbo traumatise tou

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by tonychristopher: 7:36am On Feb 13, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Nigeria is going through a rebirth. In the process treading carefully to avoid pitfalls of past mistakes and making cautious forward progress in new area of unknowns.

One of our past errors is giving position of authority and leadership to Ibos. Time after time it has been proven, through historical and performance records, that Ibo lacks self-reflection, self guidance and respect for legacy when given public trust. This laxity is cultural and does not discriminate on the social status of a candidate, so that a highly acclaimed individual in a professional or academic field is as much a carrier of this malady in his consciousness as is the truck pusher in Idunmota or the porter in Apapa Harbour.

In government appointments it can therefore be expected that a position of authority will come to ruin under leadership of Ibo. We cannot totally exclude them from governance, but it is imperative that they are tutored on how to lead and exercise power and authority. For that reason Ibo in government appointment, particularly one in which importance is attached to ego and drive, should be put under supervision of a superior intelligence in administrative and leadership qualities, like a Yoruba or Hausa, so that the even handed guide can act as voice of wisdom and reasoning to correct his subordinate Ibo on how to self preserve and succeed.

Mod, you can go ahead and ban me now. I violated rule#2.

Your stupidity is pristine .....you talk like a deranged person . Did igbo traumatise you

Blame igbo
Blame Jonathan
Blame PDP

But don't blame your confused president and his rag tag team

A
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by ekeneidiagbor: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Naija9090:

Not sure I get your logic. Is Emefiele also responsible for fall in oil price? Is Buhari responsible for the fall in oil price? They are not and neither is Kemi Adeosun. The point is...We need people with tested economics and treasury background who can articulate monetary and fiscal policies to get us out of this mess. They are not mutually exclusive, Finance (fiscal) and CBN(monetary ) have to work to together to effectively get us out of this conundrum. If it means ban on some importation to boast local production to shore up our currency value to counteract the fall in oil price visavis oil revenue, that's where the Fiscal aspect comes in, and such policies have to be articulated.

true, but the CBN is already doing something similar with her forex policy. they have not exactly placed bans on the imported products. but have refused the supply of dollars to some sectors of the economy.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by tonychristopher: 7:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Brilliance9000:

When I tell people yoruba are responsible for the destruction of Nigeria, they think I 'm being hyperbolic. This fellow just confirmed it. Yoruba are bastardly tribalistic..it runs deep in their blood and DNA.

They blame igbo for everything that befall them

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by heniford(m): 7:40am On Feb 13, 2016
So help me lord Not for me Not for mY boys I deal in God exchange.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by StOla: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2016
hamilton62:
Witch-hunting which is your so called corruption war and the economy which should be the premier in the scale of priority of the government? I can never take this administration serious because their ministers and others were PDP and are rogues like the others, Charity begins at home and a true leader lives by example...He who calls for equity must come with open hand... I dislike corruption but most of us here are not gullible...
Is this government thinking at all? Blocking the loose ends it good so that it won't sabotage the economy further when the attention is on it but not this witch-hunting now... People are hungry and very soon you'll see their reactions.

I hope their reaction will be to go occupy the homes of civil servants and military personnel who are building estates and structures that even the military command cannot build inside the barracks?

Who knows if they will find some more dollars inside the sewage tanks of more senior military officers and civil servants?

Anyone, like you, questioning why or how the present administration is fighting corruption, has not suffered enough.
You are the kind of citizen Jonathan hoped he could depend on for votes.
Even AVM Amosu and his wife Lara have a loaf of bread worth N250 to reward you for supporting their argument which is:
"Leave us to enjoy our stupendous stolen wealth and focus on the economy"

Guy, are you sure you are mentally stable?
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by StOla: 7:57am On Feb 13, 2016
Adminisher:

There was no dwindling revenue. In fact Naira value should have been 90 to the Dollar under JonAthan. It was stealing and capital flight that kept the Naira down and that was before the oil price fell. We must not talk too much about Jonathan. The man was the most useless man ever to be president anywhere.

Exactly!

Why did Naira not rise against the dollar when the country's oil revenue was high?
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by excellentmomma(f): 8:03am On Feb 13, 2016
Adminisher:

There was no dwindling revenue. In fact Naira value should have been 90 to the Dollar under JonAthan. It was stealing and capital flight that kept the Naira down and that was before the oil price fell. We must not talk too much about Jonathan. The man was the most useless man ever to be presidenthe anywhere.

Oh the price of oil starting going down as soon as Bubu came? There must be something bad about his face then. grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by youngalex(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2016
It's high time Nigerians knew how much dollars generated monthly through international transactions and how it is disbursed,at the moment CBN is not selling to BDC(Bureau de Change) yet it is alleged that some CBN staff have BDC licence through proxy ownership, it is expected that the rot and underground dealing in parallel market won't end as they continue to rip Nigerians off their hard earned money... the way out is to sanitize the BDC market by probably imposing a pricing ceiling and recommence the sale of dollars to them.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Abagworo(m): 8:17am On Feb 13, 2016
I thought some people were arguing that the best thing is to devalue Naira but yet condemn gradual devaluation.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by tonychristopher: 8:21am On Feb 13, 2016
excellentmomma:

Oh the price of oil starting going down as soon as Bubu came? There must be something bad about his face then. grin cheesy grin

Bubu even said it ..that he doesn't know why any time he enters the oil falls

He must be a bad luck

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by hamilton62(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2016
StOla:

I hope their reaction will be to go occupy the homes of civil servants and military personnel who are building estates and structures that even the military command cannot build inside the barracks?

Who knows if they will find some more dollars inside the sewage tanks of more senior military officers and civil servants?

Anyone, like you, questioning why or how the present administration is fighting corruption, has not suffered enough.
You are the kind of citizen Jonathan hoped he could depend on for votes.
Even AVM Amosu and his wife Lara have a loaf of bread worth N250 to reward you for supporting their argument which is:
"Leave us to enjoy our stupendous stolen wealth and focus on the economy"

Guy, are you sure you are mentally stable?
Bro, I know you can read but what I am not sure is your comprehension... Please, read my post again, again and again so that you will equip your brain more with my quote...
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by excellentmomma(f): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2016
tonychristopher:

Bubu even said it ..that he doesn't know why any time he enters the oil falls

He must be a bad luck

cheesy cheesy

Don't mind them, when they can't perform they look for who to blame.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by tonychristopher: 8:31am On Feb 13, 2016
excellentmomma:

cheesy cheesy

Don't mind them, when they can't perform they look for who to blame.
Lol
Have you blamed Jonathan today ?
Have you blamed PDP today ?
Gave you blamed the igbo today ?

This is what us trending

Lol

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by shizzy7(f): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2016
Psylas:
that means if you hear the Ukrainian currency you go faint
Naira - Ukrainian currency - GB Pounds is equal to
Naira - GBPounds.
Just a little difference.

O boy my head dey calculate..... I have considered changing naira to other currencies then use that foreign currency to pay pounds.....No way out yet..
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by emerged01(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2016
excellentmomma:

So buhari, fashola and apc guys are all moro.ns, let them not hear that o, lolzz.

'cos they campaigned with fx rates then, fashola in Lagos speech asked the crowd, "how much is dollar now"?. They echoed.

They came with the promise to stabilize exchange rates but now it's going out of hand.

It is just like a game of football. When u r watching you can say whatever you like but when you are the player u will know to kick that ball demand skills and energy.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by mycar: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2016
The only thing that will save naira is if Buhari will stop saying rubbish about Nigeria, market our strongest points to the outsiders, do whatever is needed to attract foreign investors, until then, even Nigeria has stopped buying Nigeria crude, they import refined crude, what a country?
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2016
It pains me the most when I See the so called graduates and undergraduates blaming ministers for the rise of dollar. Even the so called economist. . SMH... Have u forgotten that we all are contributing to the rise of dollar? don't you know that by relying more on imported goods, we are paralyzing the Nigerian Economy by our huge demand for dollar. if we can look inward when buying goods. believe me, the economy will be stabilized. Tooth brush is imported, chewing stick is imported, sweets are imported etc... what are we really exporting? mitcheeew... stop blaming ministers rather blame yourself.
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by BushidoBlue(m): 11:11am On Feb 13, 2016
obasiken:
It is not good to substitute a player in the first 10mins.
Economists are like preachers who only preach from the Book of Revelation. They always assume the worst and believe that without their theories the country's economy will fall. Bankers i believe are more practical.

We have to be careful before we end up with End Time Economists.

Let me use your own timeline and split it into percentage....
A football match is 90 minutes....
10 minutes is equivalent to 11.1%
However over a 4 year period....
11.1% is equivalent to 5months this is the 9th month of this administration and being a leap year it's 29 days so counted...
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by achiphet(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
I dey tell you people to buy shares in the U.S markets........Nigeria is going down down and down and the Presidency does not have the known how to salvage this economy from its current woes. Send me a mail on achiphet@gmail.com
You need to earn in a better economy or face the consequences

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
StOla:

You continue to regurgitate your mantra on better south or terrible south.

Must you always try to compare with the SouthWest?

How many economic refugees from the SouthEast are daily feeding off economic asylum in the SouthWest?

You did not fall for the change mantra but rather insisted that the corruption and criminality of an administration that has daily been revealed as the epitome of ineffectual buffoonery be allowed to continue with its uselessness.
Are you in any way trying to say that buharis administration is not corrupt?
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Naija9090: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
ekeneidiagbor:

true, but the CBN is already doing something similar with her forex policy. they have not exactly placed bans on the imported products. but have refused the supply of dollars to some sectors of the economy.

Exactly. I recalled vividly when they refused to provide $368 million to Ibeto Cement with flimsy excuse. He later sourced the exchange from an undisclosed source in overseas. This infuriated the Federal government vis-a-vis Customs, prompting seizure of his cement shipment.

https://www.nairaland.com/2785036/buhari-shut-ibeto-cement-halts
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by 99100(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
excellentmomma:

Don't mind the anuohia.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Naijiant: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
See Kemi Adeosun's reaction to the naira dropping to 335 to the $:
http://www.naijiant.com/photos/kemi-adeosun-reacts-to-naira-dropping-to-335-to-the-dollar/
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Appletek: 12:56pm On Feb 12
Just look at
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by Seunpapa65: 1:10pm On Feb 12
Abeg who we go replace now

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by BrodaBenad: 1:13pm On Feb 12
Appletek:
Just look at
grin

We dey flex here sef we no know
Re: Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With! by surgical: 1:53pm On Feb 12
obasiken:
It is not good to substitute a player in the first 10mins.
Economists are like preachers who only preach from the Book of Revelation. They always assume the worst and believe that without their theories the country's economy will fall. Bankers i believe are more practical.

We have to be careful before we end up with End Time Economists.
like Lamido Sanusi who mislead Tinubu and now going about to do damage control by shifting the blame on buhari, he is not man enough to admit his prescription failed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Moment Vice President Osibanjo Was Pulled Out Of Crashed Chopper In Kabba / There Is Nothing Progressive About APC - Ebenezer Babatope / More Will Go Down IPOB Celebrate With Corpse Of Soldiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.