Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! (951 Views)

Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age / Christianity For Christians. / Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
Quote from: Abuzola on Yesterday at 07:19:59 PM
why are there so many error in the bible ?

Please point out the first you think exists and we'll look at it step by step.

Why did god cry on the cross mark 15:34

Do you mean god or God?

I believe you are referring to Jesus (also in Matt 27:46) "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a  loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?"
Jesus was quoting the Psalms 22:1 (a Messianic Psalm which spoke of Him).

Hebrews 5 also speaks of this "Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death and was heard in that he feared. . . Let us not forget that earlier on in the garden (Matt 26:39) in deep anguish of soul he prayed saying "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

To fully appreciate this you must understand the significance of the crucifixion. Quoting 2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him"

Since God could not behold sin, he turned his face away from him. During that period, the wrath of God was placed on him for the sins of the world and hence great darkness covered the face of the earth. The pain of separation was great and Jesus (the LOGOS of God) cried out in anguish!

how can jesus be begotten son john 3:16 and david was the first begotten son psalm 2:7, who is a liar ?.

I'll give you time to digest my first response.

Why didn't god create jesus like adam but instead through mary, if so then why and how did god create himself in mary's womb ??

Did you read John 1:14?

Just to point out one thing, although Man (by extension Mankind) was created (in the image of God obviously), the man Adam was formed from the dust of the earth. . . food for thought! 

I'll answer your question but before I do I'll ask you a rhetorical question. . . Where was Jesus in the begining? An understanding of this will clarify your question.

I will proceed to answer that question and then link it to your own question.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
You have not answered all the question but lets treat the one you ve answered. Firom your quote on mathew 27:46 jesus wasn't god since he quoted psalm 22:1, and he cried for God to rescue him, and also luke 22:42, bringing the conclusion that christ wasn't god

jesus was a human and the same question i will ask you is where were u before born, so my question remain unanswer.

Here are the contradiction: argad children were Ezra 2:12 one thousand two hundred and twenty two while Nehemiah 7:17 two thousand three hundred and twenty two

zattu children were : Ezra 2:8 nine hundred and forty five while Nehemiah 7:13 eight hundred and forty five.

I have many but lets deal with this first

wishing you the best as you pass this test.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
Concerning the purported errors in genealogical listing, don't you think it's better to cross check the actual number reference with the original Hebrew text you are referring to?

The errors you highlight are in English. You of all people know that the Bible was not written in English.

Inasmuch as the Holy Spirit inspired men to write down scriptures, it is a known fact that translation to English e.g KJV, BBE, CEV was subject to the translators own grasp of the original language as well as their revelation and understanding of the scriptures.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
Funny funny funny. So the hebrew or aramaic if translated it mean something else, so why didn't the christians get their bible in hebrew or aramaic if they know that the translation is otherwise
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (1 John 5:7).

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:26-27).

The word "God" used in Genesis is a Hebrew word "Elohim" which is plural, (this might also highlight your question on the Trinity), note the US used continually as well as the fact that creation was made in the image of "US" - Elohim.

The self-existent God exists in three distinct personalities. I must admit at this point that it takes Faith and not logical reasoning to believe.

The Spirit is the first person of the God-head to be revealed in Scripture but the last to be revealed in the New Testament.

Simply put, the FATHER reigns supreme on His throne, He Speaks His WORD and His SPIRIT causes it to come to pass. See 1 John 5:7 at the top of the post.

The Spirit of God hovered on the face of the deep - Genesis 1:2
The Spirit of God is that which proceedeth from the father - John 15:26
He is Allos Parakletos - another one of the same kind as Jesus - John 14:16

You may then ask, what about Jesus?
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
So wat are u saying
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
Abuzola:

So wat are u saying
I'm leading you on. . .just to make sure we're on the same page.

All clear so far?
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2009
Yeah, go ahead
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by fyneguy: 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Ahonohai

I will advise you not to bother answering this abuzola of a character. He cant understand spiritual things. How do you expect him to understand that Jesus was word made flesh on earth? That Jesus was made sin for us to be His Righteousness can make him pass out.

such are too big for this terrorist to handle, especially now that he's grappling with the paedophilia scandal rocking his religion.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
You see, even the christians have different view of christ, they can never explain how come their god shit, cry, beaten, infact went mad on the cross mathew 27:46 'myself myself, why did me forsake myself'

roflmao the craziest of madness hahahahaha
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 07, 2009
@fyneguy
I'm happy to continue. Even if he scorns there will be someone out there who will read and come into a better understanding of these things by following my posts on the issue.

@Abuzola
Please what is the meaning of SB or Manana? I'm at a loss as to their relevance on this thread.

I shall continue when I get to work.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by gen2genius(m): 6:04am On Jul 07, 2009
Abuzola's quote:
they can never explain how come their god shit, cry, beaten, infact went mad on the cross

Ahonohai, a word is enough for the wise. Fyneguy has already advised you and I hope you take to that piece of advice. Abuzola is a fanatic who is already possessed with the same legion of demons that possessed muhammad and made him shamelessly use his "weapon of mass destruction" to sleep with countless women, including a nine-year-old girl. What a person like that needs is not exegesis as you're trying to do. What he needs is exorcism.

It is of people like him that the Bible says: "Ever learning, and NEVER able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7). Why? Because "the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4)

So, you should be wise. I commend your zeal, but it should be backed up with wisdom. Wisdom is the right application of knowledge. And since you now have a knowledge of Abuzola's precarious predicament, the best "application" you can do is to give him and others in similar condition what they need - continuous prayer of deliverance, "that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2 Timothy 2:26). Your efforts should be directed towards sincere seekers of the truth. Abuzola is not seeking the truth; he's constantly looking for faults and will ALWAYS find one, even where there's none wink

You may continue in your quest though. But I promise you this: knowing the kind of person you're dealing with, I may still have to come back to remind you of what I'm saying now, after the two of you must have debated for more than 1000 pages without a headway wink cheesy
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 07, 2009
gen2genius:

Your efforts should be directed towards sincere seekers of the truth. Abuzola is not seeking the truth; he's constantly looking for faults and will ALWAYS find one, even where there's none wink

Romans 10:14. . .and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by gen2genius(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2009
That is why I said your zeal should be backed up with wisdom. The passage you quoted is out of context. The people mentioned in the passage are those who have NOT heard. Abuzola has heard again and again. So, if you think you're being a "preacher" by wasting your precious time on Abuzola, you're making a mistake; Abuzola only sees you as a babbler and he'll make no attempt to learn but to ridicule wink
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Yeah, go ahead

John chapter 1

1. In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2. The same was in the begining with God

3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

ahonohai:

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (1 John 5:7).

14.And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15. John bare witness of him, and cried saying. This was he of whom I spake, he that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16. And of his fullness have all we recieved, and grace for grace.

17. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18. No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2009
Luke 1 from verse 26

26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth

27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31. And, behold, thou shalt concieve in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost Shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that Holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also concieved a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37. For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

ahonohai:

John chapter 1
14.And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Abuzola:

So wat are u saying

Jesus is the Word made flesh!
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2009
So what about the 3 remaining questions i asked
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 10, 2009
Abuzola:

So what about the 3 remaining questions i asked

have you understood the first one you asked?
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Skii(m): 2:54am On Jul 10, 2009
Look,

it is written in Titus 3:9-10 NIV

"but avoid such foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. after that, have nothing to do with him. you may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful;he is self condemned."

stop wasting your time with this person,
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2009
@david, yeah i understand the first one, he made it clear in another different thread that jesus was not god but a word and flesh.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2009
Abuzola:

@david, yeah i understand the first one, he made it clear in another different thread that jesus was not god but a word and flesh.

@Abuzola
I said Jesus is not a god but The Word made flesh.

Please compare the two statements and note that god and God are not the same thing.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2009
Skii:

Look,

it is written in Titus 3:9-10 NIV

"but avoid such foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. after that, have nothing to do with him. you may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful;he is self condemned."

stop wasting your time with this person,

I appreciate your concern Skii but if you paused to consider, you would realise that the crux of our discussion has nothing to do with genealogies or the law but the tenets of our Faith. This is different from the law.

I wouldn't enter a conversation where the topic was centred around if Moses married one or two wives or why one verse said two thousand and sixty six and another said one thousand and sixty six.
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2009
So what ? Word and flesh, why do you like going round the table.
Lets proceed
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Maykelly(f): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2009
What is the genealogy of Mohammed of the mus.lim? do not dissapoint me! shocked
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Abuzola(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2009
Don't bother me with your nonsense, am angry, your mod are busy locking and locking thread, by the way why do you wish to know ?
Re: Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2009
Abuzola:

So what ? Word and flesh, why do you like going round the table.
Lets proceed

I'm not going round any table. . .I say one thing and you twist it.

let me spell it out again god and God [/b]are not the same thing.

[b]"Word made flesh" is not the same thing as "a word and flesh".

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Says Its Ok To Divorce And Remarry ! / . / Atm And Credit Card For Offerings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.