Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) (4888 Views)

Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG / Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events / Presidency Denies Plans Of Sharing $1.7 Billion From Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by NwaAdazi: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
HOW ROTIMI AMAECHI DESTROYED THE FUTURE OF NIGERIAN CHILDREN In January, 2013, Nigeria’s Excess Crude Oil Account has $10 billion in it. Then, Governor Rotimi Amaechi led Nigerian Governors, under the umbrella of the Governors’ Forum and asked the then, President Goodluck Jonathan to share the money to the states. Jonathan and his Minister for Finance, world renowned economist, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala insisted that NIGERIA SHOULD SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE RAINY DAY. ROTIMI AMECHI led the governors in taking the Federal Government to court. Jonathan’s led FG offered to settle with the governors out-of-court by sharing $1 billion and saving up the rest for Nigeria’s children. The governors rejected the offer. They wanted it all! Since the law mandates that the proceeds of the ECA is shared, the court gave judgement in favour of the governors and the$10 billion was shared! FG lost, Nigeria lost, our children lost… essentially, we all lost! Isn't it foolhardy to find deluded Nigerians cursing and insulting GEJ for not saving and turn round to call Amechi and APC Saints?! Sometimes, I feel like screaming into somebody's head! - Ayotunde Igiiwe SobogunRofa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by TippyTop(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
APC governors wanted our eca shared, now same ediot are blaming GEJ for something that was largely of APC making.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by NwaAdazi: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
I wonder oo,

gullible people make up to 60% of our population, and they put us into one chance bus

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by Pavarottii(m): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
Abeg GEJ enjoy ur life. Let APC and d people that voted for them carry their cross. If APC like, they should steal more money. Shebi na majority of North and West vote 4 them.

Nobody should complain oooo. Unless u r a certified wailer.

Certified wailer.

-Pavarotti

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by todayguest(m): 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
So what do we do now that all the ringleaders are now under the protection of the magic broom? Anyway, nigerians will curse GEJ, because, him they voted for and not Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by DesChyko: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sensitive Information Digest with two pinches of salt grin

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by NwaAdazi: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
DesChyko:
Sensitive Information Digest with two pinches of salt grin

Lol, use alomo

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by Achuwa1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
The National confab is the only way forward as things are for now.,
coz the center(fg) no longer hold sway anymore...
we need to practice the regional system of govt.,& make input to the centre(fg)..
. Anambra state has already started on a gud note by its exportation of her food produce..
wish other states can join queue,,,things will turn for gud .,,,tnx

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by oduastates: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Excess crude account : 22 billion us

Fg: State = 55:45

Fg's share was at least 12 billion.
What exactly did Jonathan spend 12 billion on within a year?

8 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by Mynd44: 8:26am On Feb 14, 2016
@ OP. Please tell us why the governors decided that the government shoukd share the money.

Was it not because the FG was discovered to be making illegal deductions from it?

And what did the FG do with their 55% of the money?

8 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by Elosky20: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2016
What did the FG govt do with their own share of the money, or amechi also shared that one. before they were blaming tinubu and now it is amechi they are blaming.
The last time none of them is the president of nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Op you hid the fact that the FG had been secretly withdrawing from the ECA before the governors rebelled

5 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by StOla: 8:46am On Feb 14, 2016
Why was Okonjo-Iweala making illegal deductions out of the ECA?

Oshiomhole accused her, she denied it. Oshiomhole persisted, so she could lie no more and accepted, claiming Jonathan gave approval.

The crime there is that the states government ought to agree with the federal government before withdrawals can be made. A rule known to both Okonjo-Iweala and Jonathan.

Those are the criminals you should be wailing about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by godoluwa(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Mynd44:
@ OP. Please tell us why the governors decided that the government <<<shoukd>>> share the money.

Was it not because the FG was discovered to be making illegal deductions from it?

you mean 2 wrongs equal to a right? smh, btw stop using analog phone
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2016
oduastates:
Excess crude account : 22 billion us

Fg: State = 55:45

Fg's share was at least 12 billion.
What exactly did Jonathan spend 12 billion on within a year?
And what exactly did the state government achieved with their own share. You guys shld stop blame Gej for every thing that went wrong with Nigeria. There are others who are more corrupt than him but you guys don't mention their names.
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Elosky20:
What did the FG govt do with their own share of the money, or amechi also shared that one. before they were blaming tinubu and now it is amechi they are blaming.
The last time none of them is the president of nigeria.
And what did Amaechi, oshomole, Aregberascal and okorocha achieved with their own share.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by BlackMerchant(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
Op, you said that by law the ECA ought to be shared, why then blame the state governments for insisting that money in the ECA be shared?

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by abumeinben(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
*Was fashola there too?

*And just because someone, dressed a woman's hair on the street during his campaign doesn't make him a people's choice.

*A presidential round table of APCist. That tells me Nigeria is politically classified, not by zones, tribes or relugions.
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by thundafire: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
goood thing is dat GEJ did nt respond cs amaechi is a big mumu
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by shaqhead: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
mightyokwy:

And what exactly did the state government achieved with their own share. You guys shld stop blame Gej for every thing that went wrong with Nigeria. There are others who are more corrupt than him but you guys don't mention their names.
Its only for some very few that this ur kind of flawed logic "sells"....d logic of "I am not the only one that stole o". You immediately become culpable when u peddle such gibberish and u are left to provide proof of the corruption of ur co-travellers

There was no where in our constitution where governors are compelled to keep their statutory share with the federal but they agreed in the first instance.

What precipitated this sharing? This is the basic question that should be asked.

What do u expect the govs to do when they discover that the fed govt was unilaterally makin withdrawals from a joint account.

The depletion of our FOREIGN RESERVE talk less of the ECA by the FEDERAL GOVT in a time of oil boom should suffice in this matter.
https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo
Did the state governors also force the govt to drain the reserve?

Ok what was done with the money from the reserves in a time of huge oil sales? Dnt forget that he borrowed to pay salaries. If this makes sense to you, then I cant help u.

Folks like u hate to hear GEJs name been mentioned at every turn...I guess u have forgotten that the buck stops at his table!

If the Amaechi name that folks like the OP keep shouting from leaking roofs cant expose him now, I dnt kno what Wike is waiting for to take Amaechi to court with the evidence he says he has. Or hasnt Amaechi asked to be taken to court instead of engagin in "media trial"-what folks like u have coined in cases u r sympathetic to.

Before shouting that wasn't a petition submitted to the EFCC, consider this, wont it be worth the while of Wike and the opposition to conclusively prove their case in court jst like wike dd at the supreme court. The EFCC is not the only route!

Do u kno what that does?

It kills Amaechi politically and exposes the much touted fight against corruption by this govt as duplicitous and selective.

The case of Ibori comes to mind-remembr he was giving a clean bill of health by our judiciary but was convicted for the same offence outside our shores. If the EFCC say he is clean, let Wike go to the courts and prove his allegations.

PMB has 4 years to prove himself or he gets the GEJ treatment- and yes, his name will be peddled jst d way Jonathan's is if he fails....for now sorry, gejs govt remains synonymous with flagrant heist.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by shaqhead: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
godoluwa:
you mean 2 wrongs equal to a right? smh, btw stop using analog phone
Rily? Two wrongs? Like Alibaba said issues like this hit the raw nerve in us when it is personalised.

Simple question: For peace to reign, what will you do if you find your wife making unexplainable withdrawals from your joint account?

Please give an honest answer!
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
@mynd44 nd @Elosky20
U asked what is d money used for?? Youwin, Sure-p, 250 almajari school, benin x-press road, katsina/jigawa irrigation project, Abuja agric project e.t.c Where is the money Gotten from
??

I dnt lyk commenting on political section::::; U Wana Quote Me, DONT INSULT
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by godoluwa(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
shaqhead:

Rily? Two wrongs? Like Alibaba said issues like this hit the raw nerve in us when it is personalised.

Simple question: For peace to reign, what will you do if you find your wife making unexplainable withdrawals from your joint account?

Please give an honest answer!
heres 2 different scenario, the then chairman of NGF dragged the FG to court for her refusal to empty the foreign reserve. let me tell you the truth, the buharicomics will only have negative impact on common & its already affecting us. go to the market to know the prices of things.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by shaqhead: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
godoluwa:
heres 2 different scenario, the then chairman of NGF dragged the FG to court for her refusal to empty the foreign reserve. let me tell you the truth, the buharicomics will only have negative impact on common & its already affecting us. go to the market to know the prices of things.
It was NOT FOREIGN RESERVE Mr, but the EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT which was a JOINT ACCOUNT between the fed and state govt....why was oshiomole confidently callin Iweala out. So please answer the simple question since i have clarified this grey areas for you.

Concerning what u hv conveniently termed Buharinomics which is a global problem having a painful local dimension.

The same question that applies to the initial source of discourse applies here.

"What precipitated this economic crunch that we are experiencing now?

Nigerians can shout themselves hoarse when consequences start to rear their ugly head but dnt want the cause to be mentioned!

We are only reaping the harvest of our past actions or inactions i.e the actions or inactions of govt!

A govt that depleted the foreign reserve in a time of oil sale surplus without anything tangible to show for it...

A govt where revelations of mass unconscionable looting are revealed by the second...

A govt that was sharing dollars like pure water...

Atleast Iweala was truthful enough to warn us about what we are a facing now as far back as NOVEMBER 2014 but what dd that same govt do about it?

Just imagine if the BUFFERS were put in place by the previous govt.

Now we expect magic to be done..Face it or leave it....In the SHORT TERM, anything outside this "BUHARINOMICS" will spell doom for us.

Fiscal policies take time to mature

You dnt want to imagine our economy with a currency devalued too soon.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 10:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
shaqhead:

Its only for some very few that this ur kind of flawed logic "sells"....d logic of "I am not the only one that stole o". You immediately become culpable when u peddle such gibberish and u are left to provide proof of the corruption of ur co-travellers

There was no where in our constitution where governors are compelled to keep their statutory share with the federal but they agreed in the first instance.

What precipitated this sharing? This is the basic question that should be asked.

What do u expect the govs to do when they discover that the fed govt was unilaterally makin withdrawals from a joint account.

The depletion of our FOREIGN RESERVE talk less of the ECA by the FEDERAL GOVT in a time of oil boom should suffice in this matter.
https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo
Did the state governors also force the govt to drain the reserve?

Ok what was done with the money from the reserves in a time of huge oil sales? Dnt forget that he borrowed to pay salaries. If this makes sense to you, then I cant help u.

Folks like u hate to hear GEJs name been mentioned at every turn...I guess u have forgotten that the buck stops at his table!

If the Amaechi name that folks like the OP keep shouting from leaking roofs cant expose him now, I dnt kno what Wike is waiting for to take Amaechi to court with the evidence he says he has. Or hasnt Amaechi asked to be taken to court instead of engagin in "media trial"-what folks like u have coined in cases u r sympathetic to.

Before shouting that wasn't a petition submitted to the EFCC, consider this, wont it be worth the while of Wike and the opposition to conclusively prove their case in court jst like wike dd at the supreme court. The EFCC is not the only route!

Do u kno what that does?

It kills Amaechi politically and exposes the much touted fight against corruption by this govt as duplicitous and selective.

The case of Ibori comes to mind-remembr he was giving a clean bill of health by our judiciary but was convicted for the same offence outside our shores. If the EFCC say he is clean, let Wike go to the courts and prove his allegations.

PMB has 4 years to prove himself or he gets the GEJ treatment- and yes, his name will be peddled jst d way Jonathan's is if he fails....for now sorry, gejs govt remains synonymous with flagrant heist.
Lol, u are very funny, we are still recovering abacha loot, harliburten saga is still on obasanjo's neck, so i still wonder the evidence you are looking for. As for Gej, he is corrupt like every other Nigerian past leaders, so I dnt support any politician bcs they are all criminals. And for you to single him out from the bunch of criminals that has plung this county into the mess we are today is an act of stupidity. Be it a governor or president they are all criminals and I dnt support any of them. Amaechi is corrupt so as PMB like wise Gej, so let be sincere to our selves. Nigerian problem today is not our leaders rather our youths like you who have foolishly allow these old greedy mofos to deceive us with crumbs that fell off there dinning tables. Am not surprised bcs you are paid to defend your master at all cost.
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by shaqhead: 11:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
mightyokwy:

Lol, u are very funny, we are still recovering abacha loot, harliburten saga is still on obasanjo's neck, so i still wonder the evidence you are looking for. As for Gej, he is corrupt like every other Nigerian past leaders, so I dnt support any politician bcs they are all criminals. And for you to single him out from the bunch of criminals that has plung this county into the mess we are today is an act of stupidity. Be it a governor or president they are all criminals and I dnt support any of them. Amaechi is corrupt so as PMB like wise Gej, so let be sincere to our selves. Nigerian problem today is not our leaders rather our youths like you who have foolishly allow these old greedy mofos to deceive us with crumbs that fell off there dinning tables. Am not surprised bcs you are paid to defend your master at all cost.
Reading ur first few words and am confronted with a fellow that comes up short on conprehension.

Sorry, I never knew i was unto one of those fellas around here who can't engage in a civil conversation without peddling slurs!

Wow...too bad..I overestimated ur I.Q!
Am done with you!
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by waldigit: 4:50am On Feb 15, 2016
mightyokwy:

And what did Amaechi, oshomole, Aregberascal and okorocha achieved with their own share.
4 out of how many. You concentrate on minority not prefered against majority on your side.
This what sentiment can do a sense of logical reasoning?
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 6:08am On Feb 15, 2016
shaqhead:

Reading ur first few words and am confronted with a fellow that comes up short on conprehension.

Sorry, I never knew i was unto one of those fellas around here who can't engage in a civil conversation without peddling slurs!

Am done with you!
People like you relies on insult when confronted with truth. Am done with you
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 6:09am On Feb 15, 2016
shaqhead:

Am done with you!
People like you relies on insult when confronted with truth. I hand ur case over to God bcs only him can heal you. Am done with you
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by mightyokwy(m): 6:15am On Feb 15, 2016
waldigit:

4 out of how many. You concentrate on minority not prefered against majority on your side.
This what sentiment can do a sense of logical reasoning?
What minority are you talking about. Guy abeg go sit down if you have any thing to say
Re: See What Happened To $10 Billion In Nigeria Excess Crude Account (pic) by luvinhubby(m): 6:23am On Feb 15, 2016
Mynd44:
@ OP. Please tell us why the governors decided that the government shoukd share the money.

Paying the fuel subsidy you went to Ojota with Tunde Bakare to protest & force the FG to continue paying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Awkunanaw People Present ‘ofo’ To Gov Ugwuanyi / The Court Might Rule Buhari Ineligible To Be President Of Nigeria- Reasons / Osinbajo Wife Under Virtual House Arrest - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.