Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers (25638 Views)

Senator Ben-bruce Response On Fuel Scarcity. / See Ben Murray-bruce's Response To A Twitter User / Buhari Appoints Nasir Adhama As SA On Youth And Student Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by pastormellanby: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2016
I expected him to have allowed a young person to have replaced him in the senate, it would have been better if he has not contested at all i would have seen him as a better person, are u not a senator of federal republic of Nigeria, is it the first time that they are having these sets of ministers, why are you making a mole of out of nothing.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by dexterinc2003: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2016
There can only be 1 orubebe....and he belongs to the pdp...so tanoids can kindly shut it and stop trying to push their shame on APC . thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 6:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Bluetooth2:
All he knows how to do is rant on twitter. He saw Fashola at the senate and he went dumb.

Are you speaking out of:

- Hatred
- Ignorance

Abeg choose the one that best applies to this zombie reasoning.
Thanks.

Sammyashol:
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed yesterday openly disowned the N398 million being part of the budget estimates by his ministry meant for the purchase of computers.
A member of the committee, Senator Ben Murray Bruce had also expressed misgivings about the fact that little or no attention was paid to the core functions of the ministry and parastatals under it at a crucial time when Nigeria was at war in the North East.

“I want to ask passionately that they (Ministry/ parastatals) re-submit their budget, taking care of the North East.

because people are dying. This is not the question of spending more recklessly, I appeal that the budget be resubmitted, taking care of their needs in the North East; it is very important”, Bruce said.

Recalling that during the Civil War, radio was a very effective way of communicating with the public, the Senator added that this should also be employed in the war in the North East.

He said. “It would have made more sense for the information budget of the Army to be given to the Ministry of Information to equip these stations manned by NTA and FRCN used by the military as a source of communication.

“For instance, if there is going to be an air raid in a particular area, we can warn the citizens to stay off that particular area. The media can be used like when Buhari did in 1983 for War against Indiscipline, War Against Corruption, so National Orientation should use the medium that we have.

“NTA is a phenomenal network, it has more assets than any station in the whole of Africa today, NTA must be worth 400 million dollars in the open market today.”

Bruce noted that Nigeria is in a state of war as such it was important that national orientation should be in the fore front, followed by NTA and FRCN to be led by the Minister working with the military to guarantee that innocent lives are not lost.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/500128/lai-mohammed-disowns-ministrys-n398m-votes-computers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2016
pastormellanby:
I expected him to have allowed a young person to have replaced him in the senate, it would have been better if he has not contested at all i would have seen him as a better person, are u not a senator of federal republic of Nigeria, is it the first time that they are having these sets of ministers, why are you making a mole of out of nothing.

Please tell us HOW he stopped any young man from contesting the senate seat against him.
Thanks

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043813_img20151031182934_jpeg9e20f9096dfc108761ed3160bd879f5f

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 6:11am On Feb 14, 2016
dexterinc2003:
There can only be 1 orubebe....and he belongs to the pdp...so tanoids can kindly shut it and stop trying to push their shame on APC . thank you.

APC "youths" need to have their heads examined, surely. shocked
Why is it so easy to DECEIVE them and get them excited
Oh, I forgot that their brains have been swept away with the APCshit witch brooms thus making them zombies embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2040921_bharritooold_jpege470cdf42d88557f9071116b9515de52

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by tinktanker: 6:24am On Feb 14, 2016
jmichlins:
he is part of the system of old men. last time i checked, youths are below 45 and he is 66. you want to be elected? stop making davido and wizkid your role model and then pick up form during election and if you give your people reason why your the right choice they will elect you. Nigerian youths need to stop blaming the old generation for remaining in the corridor of power. How can you hope to be elected when you do not contest
senators can b older men as dey my have more wisdom to weigh in on good or bad decisions. But ministers should be young, vibrant With technical know how. Why will a minister of youth b 55. younger men are more techy in Nigeria so y shouldn't dey be give a chance to develop nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 6:42am On Feb 14, 2016
IyaIode:
We are desperate for a young Senate

Madam, can you kindly tell us who is STOPPING you from "desperately" having a "young senate"
Thanks.
Maybe YOUR desperation is limited to Nairaland grin angry embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by cardoctor(m): 6:42am On Feb 14, 2016
Who has time for all these Ben Bruce banters. He is always trying to make "common" sense.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by AreaFada2: 6:49am On Feb 14, 2016
Topeakintola:
Is that the answer to the question?

Typical Murray Bruce. Playing to the gallery to get attention from his #PDPHouseOfHunger crew

Deflecting from the question by attacking the person that asked the question

It is a simple question!!

By the way, Why would a 60 year old man who is a senator be criticizing the President on the structure of his cabinet when he is a grand father himself?

The fact is this- Ben Murray Bruce is only a few years younger than PMB.

Is he implying that there are no younger , qualified candidates in his constituency?

Well, the idea of senate/senators was to get elderly experienced gentlemen to help rule the Kingdom, later republic, later still empire of Rome.

Senator comes from the word senex or elderly man/old man in Latin. Exactly people of Bruce's age were meant for it, due to experience.
We cannot say we're copying American one without understanding how it came about.

I guess copying what we don't know or understand is part of our problem. Maybe we should device our own things that we understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 6:58am On Feb 14, 2016
Topeakintola:
By the way, Why would a 60 year old man who is a senator be criticizing the President on the structure of his cabinet when he is a grand father himself?

Did you also run away from school to join the army ni ?
How is 60 "only a few years younger than" 74
How can someone be such a brainless zombie without basic comprehension?
How is that possible?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1835014_10431464102056555528946048095154225814839422n_jpegd05a894b1012f47832e1e5e363714f34
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by aresa: 7:02am On Feb 14, 2016
PayPalKing:
Sen. Ben Bruce is right. Some people are uncomfortable because he tweets ugly truth which as expected not everyone will agree with.

Truth emanates only if you are not an hypocrite and you lead by example. The twitter constituency nuisance is a false and lying prophet who failed to step aside for young folks in bayelsa to contest instead of tired and old opportunists like him spreading false and hypocritical rubbish on the internet..

Truth is this old granpa stepping aside for young folks in his constituency to take over from him especially since he can not do his job because instead of the senate floor, he spends his people's time on twitter letting everybody know when he shits and piss...
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by alexlee50: 7:10am On Feb 14, 2016
Topeakintola:

Typical Murray Bruce. Playing to the gallery to get attention from his #PDPHouseOfHunger crew

Is he implying that there are no younger , qualified candidates in his constituency?
what is wrong with a 60year old grandfather contesting the senatoral seat with younger candidates and winning?

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by alexlee50: 7:12am On Feb 14, 2016
Karlovich:
Bruce should chill a bit with this his tweeting
what is wrong with him tweeting?

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 7:20am On Feb 14, 2016
aresa:
Truth is this old granpa stepping aside for young folks in his constituency to take over from him especially since he can not do his job.

Why the thing dey pain you like this?
You should ask your dull, daft & dumb Confused One to step aside from Aso Rock villa so Vacant Pastor (VP) Osunbande can take over since he confessed with his own mouth that he is too old to perform.
Bloody HYPOCRITE is what you definitely and certainly are.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528926_tmp61502528872facebook20150617191930jpeg832844a84aa3478c63eaeb9b81c3671b685598635_jpeg_jpeg01c8bb4f9409f5e9a6135536a34012a7
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 14, 2016
anonimi:

Madam, can you kindly tell us who is STOPPING you from "desperately" having a "young senate"
Thanks.
Maybe YOUR desperation is limited to Nairaland grin angry embarassed

Just as ben Bruce is limited to twitter.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 7:49am On Feb 14, 2016
IyaIode:
Just as ben Bruce is limited to twitter.

Please ma, try again.
This time attempt to make some sense, okay grin
May be difficult for a zombie, but not impossible.

Sammyashol:
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed yesterday openly disowned the N398 million being part of the budget estimates by his ministry meant for the purchase of computers.
A member of the committee, Senator Ben Murray Bruce had also expressed misgivings about the fact that little or no attention was paid to the core functions of the ministry and parastatals under it at a crucial time when Nigeria was at war in the North East.

“I want to ask passionately that they (Ministry/ parastatals) re-submit their budget, taking care of the North East.

because people are dying. This is not the question of spending more recklessly, I appeal that the budget be resubmitted, taking care of their needs in the North East; it is very important”, Bruce said.

Recalling that during the Civil War, radio was a very effective way of communicating with the public, the Senator added that this should also be employed in the war in the North East.

He said. “It would have made more sense for the information budget of the Army to be given to the Ministry of Information to equip these stations manned by NTA and FRCN used by the military as a source of communication.

“For instance, if there is going to be an air raid in a particular area, we can warn the citizens to stay off that particular area. The media can be used like when Buhari did in 1983 for War against Indiscipline, War Against Corruption, so National Orientation should use the medium that we have.

“NTA is a phenomenal network, it has more assets than any station in the whole of Africa today, NTA must be worth 400 million dollars in the open market today.”

Bruce noted that Nigeria is in a state of war as such it was important that national orientation should be in the fore front, followed by NTA and FRCN to be led by the Minister working with the military to guarantee that innocent lives are not lost.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/500128/lai-mohammed-disowns-ministrys-n398m-votes-computers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2016
Phobia1:

So cuz d guy is not as popular as bruce now, hes nothing!? You are also nothing aswell ryt? Am sure ur nothing.

and you!! what??

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by lumeneng22: 7:55am On Feb 14, 2016
A 22yeafs old has been named minister of youth and culture. in the UAE.shame to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by lumeneng22: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2016
A 22years old has been named minister of youth and culture. in the UAE.shame to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by babadem2much(m): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2016
The young man is not at fault, but senator Bruce is also above 50 and not a youth why the critics.

But the youth are not contesting for any political appointment too but them wan enter office wet dem no look for
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by babadem2much(m): 8:36am On Feb 14, 2016
lumeneng22:
A 22years old has been named minister of youth and culture. in the UAE.shame to Nigeria.

Is Bruce 39 or 36 years old? make who de blame no follow do wetin e de blame people for
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by pastormellanby: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2016
Why do people think like a rat, senate is for older mind, did u get it from your dictionary since the inception of the senate has anything reasonable came out of it as it solved the problems of unemployment ,people always twist their mouth to favour them, I will be happy if he can resign as a senator then I will support the fact that the ministers are old, wen the previous administration appointed their ministers, I didn't hear him saying rubbish like this.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Realhommie(m): 8:51am On Feb 14, 2016
Mprepz:

To rudely interrupt an important meeting
throwing tantrums like a little kid which may
attract scoldings from a mature, wiser adult
Hahahahahahahahahaha, that got me LMAO mehn... I actually thought you are from the Ijaw extraction and was expecting ur response from that angle. Well, nice one.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by adeboi1991(m): 8:51am On Feb 14, 2016
if age is what we look at then most of our house of reps shouldn't be dere especially Murray Bruce who doesn't have d courage to speak in d house where his voice and and idea can be welcomed instead he choose to be disturbing twitter....
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Realhommie(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2016
IYANGBALI:
na so our elders dey dodge questions now
Lolz, no mind them..
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by anonimi: 8:54am On Feb 14, 2016
adeboi1991:
if age is what we look at then most of our house of reps shouldn't be dere especially Murray Bruce who doesn't have d courage to speak in d house where his voice and and idea can be welcomed instead he choose to be disturbing twitter....

Is Bruce a SENATOR or a representative

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3202370_images487sjn7d_jpeg12cfd8247f7e4fbcfb33155f6ff83363
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Realhommie(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2016
agabaI23:
I know you are slow but let me indulge you..Before I go on, are you sure you didn't see anything insultive?
It depends on the message the guy intended to get across to the senator so plz give him the benefit of doubt, if anything probably a subtle one... BTW, Sen BMB should know better now, shey its ok for him to throw tantrums and now he feels insulted, SMH.. None of my biz though
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by blackprowler: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Topeakintola:

I have the distinguished honour of having Ben Bruce as my latest high-profile Nigerian blocker of mine who was never able to successfully engage me. You do see him taking screenshots of ppl he thinks he won an argument over. You ever see mine? Never, cos he would not follow my advice but can also not find a credible fault with it. So many others. I am, no doubt, one of Nigeria's best political minds and the reason you all may think I'm crazy as you never heard of me, is the same reason Nigeria remains backward - they always kill any solution to Nigeria's problems before it takes root because it will put them all in shame. Their egos matter incomparably more than any yeye Nigerian progress. Black man is a blight on humanity!
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by 6digitscomrade: 9:16am On Feb 14, 2016
u forming sharp and casual i know ur type..meanwhile am not a fan of any political party now as it were..but reading ur comments ..i av to ask u wats ur definition of few years younger?cuz d last time i checked 13 years younger or older is no few years...typical hypocritical blind onesided comment...
Topeakintola:

Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by dazzlingd(m): 10:16am On Feb 14, 2016
5starmilitant:
Senator Ben Bruce, the commonsense republican, cheesy

Oya everybody take cover, the nairaland orubebes(zombies) are coming. grin grin
lol, thanks for the comical relief though I'm pro buhari
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by amobii: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2016
I think he is still a senator and he was there when they screened some of these ministers, he should have raised it in floor of the house as soon as he noticed that, maybe other senators would have supported him and it would become an issues in the floor of the house, but to leave it for another day and come to Twitter to speak about it, then he is just looking for followers and attention. Issues that can move Nigeria forward should first goes tothe floor of house since you're representing Nigerians.
But to be honest he is just looking for news on internet about different countries to take as a case or point to tackle this government.
Past administration most of his ministers are in their 50s & 60s he never said anything then, but don't get me wrong I am in support of youth being in power but we can't afford naija politics except by having enough money to do so.
Re: Ben-Bruce's Response To A Twitter User Over Arguement On Youth Ministers by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 14, 2016
The guy started the insult so he doesn't deserve a reply. How can you tell someone he's slow in public? Someone that has in no way insulted you.... Well, his slowness has earned him a seat in the senate and an employer of labour....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brother Of Missing Army Captain Marks His Birthday With Emotional Message. PICS / 'if Fela Durotoye Wins His LGA In February, I Will Dash Out My Iphone X' - Deji / Tinubu Finally Reacts To Suspension Of Onnoghen, Reveals What Obasanjo Would Hav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.