Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,242 members, 7,846,142 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Buhari's Impeachable Offence! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Impeachable Offence! (2471 Views)

Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / Buhari’s impeachable offence- 2016 Budget / Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 6:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Budgetgate exposes an irony. Remember, during the four-month delay in naming his cabinet, Buhari betrayed his confidence on bureaucrats and disdain for ministers. He told France 24, a television station and I quote:

“No. It is what we know – and which we learned from the Western system. The civil service provides the continuity, the technocrat. And in any case, they are those that do most of the work. The ministers are there, I think, to make a lot of noise…. But the work is being done by the technocrats. They are there; they have to provide continuity, dig into the records and then guide us who are just coming in”.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 6:32am On Feb 15, 2016
Nine months into his regime, our President, who is permanently on foreign tours, no longer possesses the body language to deter civil trusted servants from attempting to loot the treasury. They are no longer deterred by the exploits of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) which is grabbing people, detaining them, arraigning them and sealing up their properties.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 6:32am On Feb 15, 2016
In fact, it has come to a point where Buhari will criticise the Judiciary and the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the Nigerian Bar Association will answer back. Boko Haram, which had been ‘“technically defeated” resumes invasions of communities and a rash of suicide bombings. It has become obvious, even to Buhari’s ardent supporters that governance is not a fairytale; it is not a daydream. You must do the work and do it well. In this our democracy, whatever you sow, you will reap.
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by BraniacX(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
kITATITA:
Buhari cannot be corrupt because thieves and their cohorts say so. I did expect corruption to fight back and I'm not disappointed. The people who stole this country dry have enough money to hire cheerleaders to do their bidding; including those hiding under pseudonyms on Nairaland. Nobody has ever come out to mention any specific evidence to advance the argument on Buhari's corruption.

specific evidence of corruption the mysteriously vanished NNPC N2.8billion of 1978!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
banki:
Enough of this talk about the budget proposal!

Mistakes were made and we must get to work correct the mistakes and move on up.

Wether apc or pdp we musnt play politics with everthing

I thankGod that this is just proposed if they passed it wahala go dey!

I can imagine the nonsense that was passed in the last administration as budget! Yet they never ever achieved up to 50percent implementattion

Which class of mistake is trying to claim rent on the State House?

Typographical error?

Ignorance?

Misspeak?

Or just plain old fraud

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Buhari is full of fraud from day one!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by NavierStokes(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
BraniacX:

specific evidence of corruption the mysteriously vanished NNPC N2.8billion of 1978!

Please include the 53 suitcases and also the missing cash at ptf.
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by drss(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
in same climes d dullard would have been impeached since december last year.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by wirinet(m): 5:31am On Feb 18, 2016
banki:
Enough of this talk about the budget proposal!

Mistakes were made and we must get to work correct the mistakes and move on up.

Wether apc or pdp we musnt play politics with everthing

I thankGod that this is just proposed if they passed it wahala go dey!

I can imagine the nonsense that was passed in the last administration as budget! Yet they never ever achieved up to 50percent implementattion

50% ke ! Who dashed Jonathan 50%. Jonathan never achieved more than 30% implementation of the budget, intact Jonathan never looks at the budget to spend. He just directs Okonjo Iweala or Emefiele to release cash without even looking at the budget. The extra-budgetary spendings of Jonathan was more than the budget itself. In 2013 Jonathan spent over N2.3 trillion naira on fuel subsidy alone when the budgeted amount was just over N500 billion.

PDP are just wailing for nothing. The president presented the budget to them, the job of passing te budget rests with te national assembly, if they find the budget proposals questionable, they can, reject the budget or amend the budget with the cooperation of the executive. There is no need of overdramatizing the budget "errors", this will not be the first time te national assembly would disagree with budget proposals from the presidency and the national assembly had never passed a budget as submitted by the executive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Igbo Family Show Their Support And Concern On Zakzaky. / Braking News: President Buhari Off To A Hospital In London / Cacawa2 Misfired: Saraki Is Right, Ipob Proscription Is Illegal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.