Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG (19154 Views)

Osinbajo Seeks Senate's Approval For $1.5 Billion Loan / $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers / Falana Threatens To Drag Buhari To Court If Killings Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by SmartMugu: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
LEGALAide:
who be this Falana sef.
I no talk am?
He's definitely aging!
This man has been vocal since the likes of people like Gani Fawehinmi, long before Keyamo etc started under Gani.
http://www.nigerianbiography.com/2015/10/femi-falana-biography.html?m=1
Are people playing when they say they don't know him? A SAN at that.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by jonnieoneng: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
Berrymoss:
grin. This man needs to be made a court jester

Please check the meaning of the word "jester".Then compare it with the point u wish to make in ur post.U need to be more thoughtful when commenting.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by reyscrub(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
It is a pity
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Justiyke4u: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
After reading the post I pause to think about it but then after reading people's comments I even became more confused as to whether they are commenting as regards the post above. Is it that people have sold their reasoning away or deliberately playing ignorance. This is an attempt to save some fund for the country at least let's put aside the legal means, judging from the issues raised from the post. Am sure he is not asking court for any damages but then why are people seeing it differently? Is this what politics has turn the brain of nigerian youths to? Chai chai chai chai

8 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by sunsewa: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
Endtime falana.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
SmartMugu:

This man has been vocal since the likes of people like Gani Fawehinmi, long before Keyamo etc started under Gani.
http://www.nigerianbiography.com/2015/10/femi-falana-biography.html?m=1
Are people playing when they say they don't know him? A SAN at that.
I do know him.
But I think he's a cipher!
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by ValarDoharis: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
K
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by jonnieoneng: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
Princeojua:
When I was studying Law, my Dad used to say "DON'T BE HUNGRY AND ATTENTION SEEKING LAWYER". Now I understand why. Falana is a mouse that want to spread Lassa fever.

You are quite myopic in ur thinking.So Gani fawehimi was hungry or keyamo and other Social Critics.U need to go out more

3 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by ATERI(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
Most patriotic Nigerians would appreciate what Falana is trying to do, so he should go ahead and ignore the non-entities.

2 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Aromas: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Meriekriss:
This one is looking for attention or what? Suing FG??
Since I don't know Falana na sue and sue he dey sue. grin
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Aromas: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Brunel:
Lol
According to the video of the blind philosophical men, everything now is in billions b b b b
The billions wey common man no dey see
na wa o
gringrin I tire 4 dem o, may den even show ordinary million we no see
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Excellentmind: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's amazing to note from this publication that falana is not aware that external reserves belong to CBN and not FGN.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by EteEdoho: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
I had thought Buhari was the only dullard but I thought wrong. Falana is even a bigger dullard.

if I were Buhari, I'll make a mess of Falana by setting up a special task force in charge of recovering the imaginary $20.2 billion and I'll make Falana to lead the task force. That would do the trick. Let's see how the garrulous Falana will be tamed into realising that there was no $20.2 billion after all grin
I don laugh taya.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by teevodaprinz(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
I don't seem to understand some of the NLders... I don't know if all this boils on tribalism , We have more than enough within yet your going out to borrow then a reasonable man is out taking a bold step ( to sue FG) instead of giving support as a patriotic nigerian there you're spewing nonsense... Na wa o...

@MOD is it compulsory that one should comment on every topic? ... Because I think some sees it as a must... So they comment even when it's obvious they do not understand the point being raised... Yet they comment

4 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by EteEdoho: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
Justiyke4u:
After reading the post I pause to think about it but then after reading people's comments I even became more confused as to whether they are commenting as regards the post above. Is it that people have sold their reasoning away or deliberately playing ignorance. This is an attempt to save some fund for the country at least let's put aside the legal means, judging from the issues raised from the post. Am sure he is not asking court for any damages but then why are people seeing it differently? Is this what politics has turn the brain of nigerian youths to? Chai chai chai chai
[/s] The joke is Falana. He has been scammed on both sides. Scammed by thinking APC will make him AGF. Scammed by thinking the government is being sincere to him. Buhahahahahahaha.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Mpanyi: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=jonnieoneng post=42920851]

With all the looting we have seen,u are saying Govt should borrow again........U must be GEJ junior brother{Stealing is not corruption}[/quote

Huhuhuhu

If I be GEJ junior brother I for don pass Dangote doing nothing.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by CioAngels(f): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
It is very unfortunate that some of us Nigerians does not know what we really want. Rather than protest against the FG mortgaging the life of Nigerians by borrowing, we are supporting fg. Abacha 750md, banks bailout debt, debt by the rich and the refunds by the looting criminals is more than what fg wants borrow. why then borrow? This is a visa to new looting. Let us all say NO to BORROWING.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by buchibrand(m): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
IF THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD!

*Femi Falana is Already-Made(he is a very rich and successful lawyer).
*He has been fighting against wrong government policies and decisions (both military and civilian) for decades.
*He has always been on the side of the people.

I thought the "Change" president Buhari promised us is the "Change-Of-Game-Plan"?.
Why borrow when you still have enough to sustain you?
If we borrow to fund the 2016 budget, and the oil price continues to drop, what will happen to 2017 budget (borrow again)?

Let's keep on shying away from the present realities and continue to blame the past administration for our predicaments, while repeating the same pitfalls that brought us to this sorry state, soon we will all realise that Mr Femi Falana SAN was actually right.

3 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by ADEMOORE: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
You are the dullard here.
ShowYourCertificate:
I had thought Buhari was the only dullard but I thought wrong. Falana is even a bigger dullard.

if I were Buhari, I'll make a mess of Falana by setting up a special task force in charge of recovering the imaginary $20.2 billion and I'll make Falana to lead the task force. That would do the trick. Let's see how the garrulous Falana will be tamed into realising that there was no $20.2 billion after all grin

5 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Justiyke4u: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] The joke is Falana. He has been scammed on both sides. Scammed by thinking APC will make him AGF. Scammed by thinking the government is being sincere to him. Buhahahahahahaha.
you are making a statement without substantiating it with any proof. What proof do you have to show what he was thinking

3 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by swiperthefox: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
I think we should focus on the message rather the messenger. The FG should move immediately to recover those millions of dollars bailout funds to the banks and other levies, tax and royalties owed them by those few rich men. No need going to borrow and further mortgage the future of Nigeria when we can source for fund here. Which Abacha loot? Buhari the saint said that Abacha didn't steal. Sai baba. Sai change.
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by poiZon: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
SmartMugu:
I think he's right. Why borrow when there is more to be recovered? Borrowing keeps up farther in debt, and recovered funds un-accounted for.

u can never be smart n be mugu n u can never be a mugu n be smart.
but u can be a smartmugu!

1 Like

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by masseratti: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
Justiyke4u:
please ignore most of those people they are paid agents,the man raised some.valid points,what the pdp and apc agents cant put their hands on is that both parties are responsibly for it,where is the money loaned out in time of boom?

3 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Princeojua:
When I was studying Law, my Dad used to say "DON'T BE HUNGRY AND ATTENTION SEEKING LAWYER". Now I understand why. Falana is a mouse that want to spread Lassa fever.
and yet here u are on NL seeking that very attention!

5 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by oganology33(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
Na wa ooo. I tink say after buhari speak body language. . .plenty ppl return plenty money wey dem Neva chop. WDD. We Don Dye!
Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Smooyis(m): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
blazetitov:
Good. At least people will see dat d man is not for any party.

It is a pity that some Nigerians have failed to rise above pettiness and support good effort geared towards making the country a better place. The SAN has raised valid points which right thinking Nigerians should support and not attacking his person.

Nigerians are the worst people one can fight or make a struggle to defend. They are so myopic, pessimistic, ignorant, petty and ungrateful. I don't just understand what is wrong with majority of us.
When Gani Fawehinmi offered himself for service, he was maligned, rejected and looked down upon, despite his various struggle for the masses. Rather than vote for him and his party, nigerians chose to continue with suffering by rejecting him for the oppressive party.

Here we are again attacking a legal luminary who played active role to bring about the democracy we have now.

5 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by 989900: 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Are y'all so fxcking st00pid? Criticizing the same person fighting for y'all? SMH!

Do a little research and tell us he is wrong instead of all the st00pidities y'all exhibiting -- from whence do all these kids come from?!!!

Y'all reacting to the heading, in-lieu of reading the article -- lazya$$mfkx.kers!

“From the information at our disposal, the federal government is owed not less than $66.5 billion (about N13.3 trillion) which ought to be recovered without any further delay,” Mr. Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, stated in the letter dated February 5.

According‎ to Mr. Falana, the five cycles of independent audit reports compiled by the National Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, showed potential recoverable revenues of not less than $20.2 billion.

“The potential recoverable revenues are said to have arisen from ‘underpayment/under-assessment of taxes, royalties, levies and rents.’

“If you require more information in respect of this matter you may wish to contact your colleague, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning. In her capacity as the immediate past Executive Secretary of NEITI she had called on the federal government to recover the said sum of $20.2 billion.”

Mr. Falana said the Central Bank of Nigeria, in 2006, apportioned $7 billion out of the nation’s external reserves to 14 Nigerian banks‎ to “manage.”

“In addition, following the crisis of global capitalism, which occurred in 2008, the Central Bank of Nigeria gave a bailout of $4 billion (N600 billion) to the commercial banks in the country.

The CBN has not deemed it fit to ask for the refund of the total sum of $11 billion injected into the banking system in the space of two years.”

2 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by LionInZion: 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's funny how people react to issues on this forum, unfortunately those attacking Falana can't even counter the points he made. The reason why every level of our govt is failing is due to wastage in the system, we keep bailing out banks that would not grant loans to SMEs that will develop our economy but will be so eager to grant loans to politicians for campaign. Thesame way we keep bailing out states who aren't viable enough to even be called state in the first place and the worst part it the poor masses hardly benefit from all this father christmas gift from the FG as their almighty governors would loot large part of the money and thereby increase the suffering in the land. I totally support Falana on this, and if you think Falana is an hungry man and attention seeker, I may have to consider you a child who's too young to even be on internet, not to talk of discussing politics. Let FG stop looking for the easy way out and start taking business of extracting our natural resources serious and also learn to stop wasting money all in the name of bail out.

5 Likes

Re: $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG by Psalmmysammy(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Falz come and carry your father ooooo? Make e no be like say na yhur music money e go take do bailout??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Jonathan Congratulates Presidential Flagbearers / Uneasy Silence In Rivers Over Okowa As Atiku’s Running Mate / Northern Youths Threaten Showdown With ‘anti-buhari’ Campaigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.