Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

I Love Abu Hurayrah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Love Abu Hurayrah (1266 Views)

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Lets Learn About The Life Of Abu Bakr As-siddiq(r.a) - Briefly. / Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Abu Hurayrah by Newnas(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
FOR JUST THREE YEARS
By: Umm Affan
Jumada Al-Awwal 6, 1437 (14- Feb- 2016)

Some hate and accuse him, particularly because he narrated many Ahadith. But, it was reported the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam) said: “O Allah, let there be love of these Servants of Yours (i.e. Abu Hurayrah and his mother) in the hearts of the believing servants and let their hearts be filled with the love of the believing servants.” [Abu Hurayrah said: “This prayer was so well granted by Allah that no believer was ever born, who heard of me and who saw me but did not love me]” [Muslim]. So, can there really be any Muslim that will hate Abu Hurayrah or even his mother (who accepted Islam through a special supplication of the Prophet [SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam])? Sincerely, the haters need to have a re-think.

When the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam) asked him: “What is your name?” “Abdus-Shams (servant of the sun),” he replied. “Instead, let it be AbdurRahman (the Servant of the Beneficent Lord),” said the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam). “Yes! AbdurRahman,” he replied. However, he became popularly with his Kunyah; Abu Hurayrah (the father of a kitten). By Allah! I love Abu Hurayrah. He accepted Islam through At-Tufayl Ibn ‘Amr three years before the demise of the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam), yet he is the Hafidh (Memorizer) of this Ummah. He is the foremost in the roll of Hadith transmitters; he memorized and narrated about 5374 Ahadith. This is not surprising, because he dedicated himself to that great task and with the Du’a (supplication) of the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam). This is Abu Hurayrah; he was just in the company of the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi was-Salam) for three years and he had that immeasurable contribution to Islam. What about me and you?! Allah says: “And that man has nothing but what he does (good or bad). And that his deeds will be seen. Then he will be recompensed with a full and the best recompense” [Surah An-Najm (53): 39-41]. So, let’s do good deeds; that we can later receive good.

I beseech Allah to be Especially Merciful to Abu Hurayrah and the other companions.

Via Aboo Umar Umar Olatunji,
Aqeedah 1.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by BeansAndBread(m): 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Akhi
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by Codedzng: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jazakallah Khairan
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by Newnas(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Aameen wa iyyaak

1 Like

Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2016
ABU HURAYRAH: FACT KNOWN
Everyone of us knows Abu Hurayrah. He is the biggest hadith narrator among the Ahl al-Sunnah. In fact, according to them, he narrated more than 5000 hadiths while Imam 'Ali (alaihi salam) narrated less than 500 hadiths. Yet, Imam 'Ali spent about 30 years with Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و آله and Abu Hurayrah spent only about 3 years.

A very interesting fact is that the people of Abu Hurayrah's time used to accuse him of forging hadiths! He personally confessed this, and Imam Muslim has documented it in his Sahih.

Imam Muslim in his Sahih, vol. 3, 1660, Hadith Number 2098, under this sub-chapter:

19 - باب استحباب لبس النعل في اليمنى أولا والخلع من اليسرى أولا وكراهة المشي في نعل واحدة

records:

حدثنا أبو بكر بن أبي شيبة وأبو كريب ( واللفظ لأبي كريب ) قالا حدثنا ابن إدريس عن الأعمش عن أبي رزين قال خرج إلينا أبو هريرة فضرب بيده على جبهته فقال: ألا إنكم تحدثون أني أكذب على رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم لتهتدوا وأضل ألا وإني أشهد لسمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يقول إذا انقطع شسع أحدكم فلا يمش في الأخرى حتى يصلحها

Narrated Abu Zarin:

Abu Hurayrah came to us, and he hit his forehead with his hand, and said, "YOU PEOPLE TALK, SAYING THAT I ATTRIBUTE LIES TO THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH, peace be upon him, in order to guide you while I go astray. Verily, I testify that I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying: 'When the thong of anyone of you is broken, he should not walk in the other one until he has repaired it (i.e. the damaged one).'"

This hadith can be read in its stated source on this Salafi link http://islamport.com/d/1/mtn/1/78/2908.html and also on this second Salafi link http://library.islamweb.net/hadith/display_hbook.php?bk_no=158&hid=3922&pid=107805

This report shows us that the people of Abu Hurayrah's time also accused him of fabricating hadiths on the tongue of the Prophet! Secondly, these people were his own followers! They accused him of forging hadiths FOR THE PURPOSE OF GUIDING THEM! Only his followers could have created such an excuse for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2016
To be continued in sha Allah
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 12:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
ABU HURAYRAH
# His Early Life, Becoming Muslim and His Companionship with the Prophet (S.)

He was born in Yemen and grew up there until he was over thirty years old. He was so ignorant that he had not a bit of insight, nor a little perception. He was a pauper forgotten by the age, an orphan hit by poverty, serving this and that, man or woman just to fill his stomach; barefooted, naked, contented with this disgrace, comforted with his condition. But when Allah (S.w.T.) had confirmed His apostle’s mission in Medina after the battles of Badr, Uhud and al-Ahzab and so and so, there was no way for this miserable pauper to go in but that of Islam. He migrated to pay homage to the Prophet Muhammad (S.) after the battle of Khaybar in the seventh year of hijra according to all of the historians. As for his companionship with the Prophet (S.), it was three years as he declared in one of his traditions mentioned by al-Bukhari.

# At The Time of The Prophet (S.) When Abu Hurayra became a Muslim, he joined the destitute of Suffa who, as Abul-Fida’ said in his book at-Tareekh al-Mukhtassar (brief history), were poor people with no houses or relatives. They slept in the mosque and they stayed in it at the time of the Prophet (S.). Suffa was their shelter, so they were called by that name (ahl us-suffa). When the Prophet (S.) had his dinner, he invited some of them to dine with him and sent some others to dine with wealthy companions.

Abu Hurayra said as in al-Bukhari’s Sahih : “I saw seventy of the inhabitants of suffa, no one of them had a dress on him. They either had loincloth or a piece of cloth tied to their necks, some reached half of their legs and some reached their heels, which they gathered in order that their private parts not to bee seen.

Ref: Sahih al-Bukhari, vol.1, chapter of prayer, section on "Sleep of men in mosques", p.60

# Purpose of keeping with Prophet
Al- Bukhari mentioned a long tradition that Abu Hurayra said he had kept to the Prophet (S.) just for feed[1]. And another narrated by Ibnul-Musayyab and Abu Slama that Abu Hurayra said he kept with the Prophet just for feed[2].

Ref [1]. Sahih, vol.1 chapter of “Knowledge”, section on “Memorizing knowledge”, pg.24. It was also mentioned by others like Abu Na’eem in his book Hilyatul-Awliya’.

[2]. Al-Bukhari’s Sahih, vol.2, pg.1

# In another tradition, he talked about himself:

“I kept to : I was one of the suffa inhabitants. Once I remained fasting. I suffered a stomachache. I went to relieve myself and when I came back I found that the food was eaten. The rich people of Quraysh used to send food to the suffa inhabitants. I said: to whom should I go? I was told to go to Omar bin al-Khattab. I went to him. I found him busy praising Allah (S.w.T.) after the prayer. I waited until he finished. I said to him: Recite me some of Qur’an, I do not want save food. He recited some verses of sura (Aal Imran). He went in and left me at the door. He was late. I thought he might change his cloths and then bring me some food. There was nothing of that. I left to meet Prophet Muhammad (S.). I went with him until we reached his house. He called a black maid of his and said to her: “Bring us that bowl.” She brought us a bowl with a little of eaten food remained at its sides. I thought it was barley. I ate until I became satiate.” He often described himself by saying: “I swear by Allah (S.w.T.), who there is no God but Him that I slept on the ground and put a rock on my abdomen because of hunger. Once I sat in their way, by which they (Prophet’s (S.) companions) got out from the mosque. Abu Bakr passed by me. I asked him about a Qur’anic verse just to give me some food. He went away without giving me anything. Then Omar passed by me and I asked him the same. He went away without giving me any food. Then the Prophet Muhammad (S.) passed by me. He smiled when he saw me and knew what was in my mind. He said: “Abu Hirr.

I said: “Here I am.” He said: “Follow me.” He went and I followed him. He went in his house and allowed me to go in. We found a cup of milk. He asked: “Where is this milk from? They (household) said: “It is a gift from someone.” He said: “Abu Hirr, go and invite the inhabitants of suffa to come”. They were the guests of Islam. They did not have relatives to live with. When the Prophet (S.) got some charities, he sent all charities for them and when he got a gift he shared it with them. I became disturbed. I thought that I was worthier than those of suffa to have a drink from this milk. I thought that if they came the Prophet (S.) would order me to give them from the milk. So what could I get from this milk? I had to obey the Prophet. I went and invited them.

They came and asked permission. They were allowed to go in and take their seats. The Prophet (S.) said: “Abu Hirr, take the cup of milk and give them to drink.” I took the cup of milk and began to give one after the other and they all became satiate until I came to the Prophet. He took the cup, smiled and said: “Abu Hirr, no one remained except me and you.” I said: “That’s right.” He said: “Sit and drink.” I sat and drank. He asked me to drink, too. I drank. He kept asking me to drink until I said: “I swear by Allah (S.w.T.), who has sent you with the rightness, that I can’t drink more.” He said: “Show me it.” I gave him the cup. He praised Allah (S.w.T.) and said, in the name of Allah (S.w.T.), and drank the leftover.

Ref: Abu Na’eem’s Hilyatul-Awliya’, vol.1, pg.378. Al-Bukhari’s Sahih, vol.4 chapter of “Kind words”, section on “How the Prophet(s.a.w.) and his companions lived”, pg. 81 and Abu Na’eem in his book Hilyatul-Awliya’ (Abu Hurayra’s biography)

# Also it was mentioned in al-Bukhari’s sahih that Abu Hurayra said: “I often fainted between the minbar of the Prophet (S.) and the room of Aa’isha. The comers put their feet on my neck thinking I was mad. But I was not mad. It was just because of hunger

Ref: Vol.4, chapter of “Seeking Quran and Sunna”, section on “What the Prophet (S.) has mentioned and encouraged ….”, pg.175

# Imam Bukhari mentioned that Abu Hurayra said: “People say that Abu Hurayra narrated much many traditions. I kept to the Prophet (S.) just to satisfy my hunger. I neither ate good food nor wore new cloths. I was not served by anyone. I stuck my abdomen to the ground because of hunger. I asked some people to recite me a Qur’anic verse, which I already knew, that they might invite me for some food. The best one for the poor was Ja’far bin Abu Talib. He took us with him to give us whatever food was there in his house.

Ref: Sahih, vol.2 section on “Virtues of Jafar”, pg.197. It was also mentioned by Abu Na’eem in his book HilyatulAwliya’, vol.1, pg.117.

Conclusion
Suffa was Abu Hurayra’s home, day and night. He did not leave it to any other place until the Prophet (S.) left this worldly evanescent life and joined the Beneficent Companion. Before that Abu Hurayra did not achieve anything that made him be able to fill his stomach save to sit in the way of the passersby complaining his hunger. No great matter attracted his attention. He was mentioned neither in war nor in peace. Yes! It was mentioned that he fled from the army in the battle of Mu’ta*

*Ref: [Imam al-Hakim in his al-Mustadrak vol.3, pg.43]

# Age of The First Two Caliphs

We surveyed the age of the two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Umar bin al Khattab, and investigated what had happened at their days but we didn’t find any thing worth mentioning about Abu Hurayra except that Umar had sent him to be the wali of Bahrain in the year twenty-one of hijra.

In the year twenty-three the caliph Umar deposed him and appointed Uthman bin Abul-Aass ath-Thaqafi . The caliph not only deposed him but also he saved from him ten thousand dinars for the treasury, alleging that he had stolen them, which they were of the Muslims. It was a famous case. Ibn Abd Rabbih al-Maliki mentioned (in his book al-Aqd al-Fareed, in the first pages of vol. 1) that the caliph Umar called for Abu Hurayra and said to him:

“You know well that I had appointed you as wali of Bahrain and you were barefooted and now came to my ears that you have bought horses for one thousand and six hundred dinars."

Abu Hurayra said: “We had some horses that bore and gifts that cumulated”. The caliph said: “I counted your livelihood and income and I found that it is over than yours and you have to return it”. Abu Hurayra said: “You can’t do that”. Umar said: “Yes, I can and I will beat you on the back.” Then Umar got up and beat him with his stick until he wounded him and said to him: “Pay the money back.” Abu Hurayra said: “Exempt me for the sake of Allah (S.w.T.).” Umar said: “That would be if it was halal and that you paid it back obediently. Have you come from the farthest lap of Bahrain with people’s taxes to be in your pocket, neither for Allah (S.w.T.) nor for the Muslims? Omayma begot you just to graze donkeys.” [NB: Omayna was Abu Hurayrah's mother].

Ibn Abd Rabbih mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said: “When Umar deposed me in Bahrain, he said to me: “O enemy of Allah (S.w.T.) and enemy of His Qur’an, did you steal the wealth of the Muslims?” Abu Hurayra said: “I am not an enemy of Allah (S.w.T.) or His book, but I am an enemy of your enemies. I did not steal the wealth of the Muslims. Umar said: “Then how did you get ten thousand dinars?” He said: “We had some horses that bore, gifts that cumulated and shares that multiplied.” Umar took the money from me but when I offered the Fajr (dawn) prayer, I asked Allah (S.w.T.) to forgive him.”

This tradition was also mentioned by Ibn Abul-Hadeed in his book Sharh Nahjul-Balagha, vol. 328 , and was mentioned by Ibn Sa’d in his book at-Tabaqat al-Kubra (Abu Huraya’s biography)[vol.4, p.90] narrated by Muhammad bin Seereen that Abu Hurayra had said: “Omar said to me:

“O enemy of Allah (S.w.T.) and enemy of his Qur’an, did you steal the wealth of the Muslims…etc.”

Ibn Hajar mentioned this tradition in his book al-Isaba but he modified it and changed the truth in a way dissented from all the others in order to purify the fame of Abu Hurayra. But he forgot that he defamed the man, who beat Abu Hurayra on the back and took his money and deposed him.
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 12:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
QUANTITY OF HIS HADITH
We want to draw the prudent researchers’ attention that Abu Hurayra said: “No one have narrated traditions from the Prophet (S.) more than I have, except Abdullah bin Amr bin alAass, because he wrote down but I didn’t.” He confessed that Abdullah bin Amr had narrated traditions more than he had. We researched on Abdullah’s traditions and we found that they were no more than seven hundred*. So they were less than one traditions

Ref: . A tradition narrated by Wahab bin Munabbih from his brother Humam from Abu Hurayra, mentioned in alBukhari’s Sahih, vol.1 chapter of “Knowledge”, section on writing knowledge, pg. 22.

*Al-Qastalani’s book Irshad as-Sari fee Sharh Sahih al- Bukhari, vol.1, pg.373

# Abu Hurayra pretended that the Prophet (S.) had informed him alone of some traditions that he would never reveal to any one. He kept them inside his conscience and buried them in his chest. And as you know that Abu Hurayra had a well-fortified chest and an inscrutable conscience! So he said:

"I had kept from the Prophet two vessels. I spread the first, but if I would spread the other, this throat would be cut.”

Ref: [Sahih Bukhari, vol.1 chap of Knowledge, section on "Memorizing Knowledge", p.24.

# He said: “If I told you all what I knew, people would throw potteries at me and say: Abu Hurayra is mad.” He said: “If I told you all what I had in my chest, you would throw dung at me.”

He said: “They say that Abu Hurayra told too many traditions. I swear by Allah (S.w.T.) that if I told you all what I had heard, you would throw dunghill at me and you would never debate with me.”
Ref: [Ibn Sa'd in his Tabaqat, vol.4, p.57]

# He said: “I had memorized from the Prophet (S.) some traditions that I didn’t tell you of. If I told you of them you would throw stones at me.”{al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain, vol.3, pg.509}.

He said: “I had memorized from the Prophet (S.) five bags of traditions. I told of two of them and if I told of the third, you would throw me with stones.”{Abu Na'eem, Hilyatul Awliya, pg.381 (biography of Abu Hurayrah); Ibn Sa’d’s Tabaqat, vol.2,pg.119}.

Abu Hurayra was neither the Prophet’s (S.) heir apparent nor the caliph after him to prefer to the others and tell him secrets and knowledge that he would not tell anyone of his close companions or relatives.
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 1:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
ABU HURAIRAH LIES EXPOSED

QUALITY OF HIS TRADITIONS

1. Allah (S.w.T.) Created Adam Like His Own Image

The two sheikhs; al-Bukhari [vol. 4, p. 57 chap. Of al-Istidhan] and Muslim [vol.2, p.481, chap of Paradise; Musnad Ahmad, vol.2, p.315] mentioned a tradition narrated by Abdur-Razak from Ma’mar from Humam bin Munabbih that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Prophet (S.) said: “Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam like His own image in sixty cubits long.”

Ahmad added [Irshad fi sharh Bukhari, vol.7, p.90] from another way by Sa’eed bin al-Musayyab that Abu Hurayra had said:

“..and seven cubits wide. When Allah (S.w.T.) had finished creating him, He said to him: Go and greet those sitting angels and listen to what they will greet you with. It will be your and your progeny’s greeting. Adam went and said to them: As-salamu alaykum (peace be upon you). They said: As-salamu alayk wa rahmatullah. They added (wa rahmatullah-and the mercy of Allah (S.w.T.)). Every one entered Paradise was like Adam in sixty cubits long. The human beings began to grow less gradually until nowadays.”

EXPOSITION
This could never be ascribed to Prophet Muhammad (S.) or any of the other prophets nor to their guardians. Perhaps Abu Hurayra learnt that from the Jews by his friend Ka’bul Ahbar or some one else.

The content of this tradition is exactly the same as the 27th paragraph of the first chapter of the Hebrew Scriptures (the Old Testament). Here is the text as it is: {[God had created man like His own image. Like the image of God He had created him. Male and female He had created them]}.

Abu Hurayra advanced in this tradition. Sometime he narrated it as above and sometime he said: “If someone of you quarrels with another, let him avoid the face because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image.”

Ref: [Sahih Muslim, vol.2, p.397 section on hitting face being forbidden].

Sometime he said: “If someone of you hits another, let avoid the face and not say: May Allah (S.w.T.) uglify your face and the face of whoever looks like you, because Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam according to His image

Ref: Mentioned by al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad and by Ahmed in his Musnad, vol.2, pg.434

# The last verse of Surah Ikhlas and other noble ayah clearly indicate: There is NOTHING liken unto Allah / And none is like Him.

# If Adam was sixty cubits long, so he must be, according to the conformity of his organs, seventeen and one seventh cubits wide. If his width was seven cubits, his length must be twenty-four and a half cubits, because the width of the normal man equals two sevenths of his length. Why did Abu Hurayra say that Adam was sixty cubits long and seven cubits width? Did Adam have an unconformable structure and a disfigured form? Certainly not! Allah (S.w.T.) said: (Certainly we created man in the best make) 95:4

# Second: The greeting of Islam was legislated when Islam came. Prophet Muhammad said: “The Jews didn’t envy you a thing as much as they envied you your greeting (salaam).”

Ref: Ref: Refer to al-Qastalani in his book Irshad as-Sari Bukhari vol.10, pg.492

If salaam did not concern this umma only, the Jews would not envy it. (Both Jew and Christian are part of Adam's progeny). How did Abu Hurayra say: “When Allah (S.w.T.) had created Adam, he said to him: Go to greet those angels and listen to what they will greet you with because it is your and your progenies’ greeting.”

What would the prudent researchers say about this tradition? And what would they say about his saying that people began to grow less (in size) since then until now?

2. Hell Won’t Be Full Until Allah (S.w.T.) Puts His Leg In It

The two sheikhs [Bukhari and Muslim] mentioned a tradition narrated by Abdur Razak from Ma’mar from Humam that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Paradise and the Hell disputed about what each had. The Hell said: “I am favored by having the haughty people and the tyrants. The Paradise said: “What about me that I have but the poor and miserable people.” Allah (S.w.T.) said to Paradise: “You are My mercy, which I grant to whomever I will.” He said to Hell: “You are My torture, which I punish with whomever I will.” Each of them must be filled. But Hell will not be filled until Allah (S.w.T.) puts His leg into it and it says: “Enough, enough.” Then it becomes full and some of its parts join the others.”

Ref: Sahih Bukhari vol.3, chap. On Tafsir surah Qaf, pg.127; Sahih Muslim vol.2, pg.482; Musnad Ahmad vol.2, pg.314.

The wealthier Abu Hurayra became, the more foolish his thought were. He saw that Hell is larger than to be filled with the disobedient people and Allah (S.w.T.) said that He would fill it: "He said: The truth then is and the truth do I speak that I will certainly fill Hell"{Quran chap.38:84-85}.

So Abu Hurayra stopped, in front of these two matters, confused pondering how to reconcile between them, until he found a solution for this problem that Allah (S.w.T.) would put His leg into Hell, because, according to Abu Hurayra’s opinion, the leg of Allah (S.w.T.) must be greater than Hell whatever Hell was great and wide. And since Abu Hurayra was so clever and brilliant so no wonder to gather between the contradictories. But if he pondered about the saying of Allah (S.w.T):

He said: The truth then is and the truth do I speak that I will certainly fill Hell with you and with those among them who follow you, all {Quran chap. 38:84-85}.

# However, this tradition is impossible according to reason and the Shari’ah.

Does any Muslim glorifying Allah (S.w.T.) believe that Allah (S.w.T.) has a leg? Does any sane man believe that Allah (S.w.T.) puts His leg in Hell in order to be filled? What is the maxim of that? Does this speech have any importance? With which language do Paradise and Hell dispute? With what senses do they perceive and know those, who enter into them? What favor do the arrogant and tyrants have that Hell prides of while they are suffering torture? And does Paradise think that those who entered into it are pauper and miserable people while they are those, whom Allah (S.w.T.) prefers? They are the prophets, the veracious people, the martyrs, and the righteous people. I do not think that Paradise and Hell are so ignorant, stupid and dotard.

3. Prophet Sulaiman Goes To Bed With A Hundred Women in One Night

The two sheikhs [Bukhari and Muslim] mentioned a tradition that Abu Hurayra had said:

“Prophet Muhammad (S.) said: Sulayman ibn Dawood (Solomon, the son of David) said: I will go to bed with a hundred of women tonight. Each woman will give birth to a boy, who will fight for the sake of Allah (S.w.T.). The angel said to him: Say in sha Allah (S.w.T.). He did not say it and went to bed with them. No one of them did bear except one, who gave birth to half a human being. If he said in sha Allah (S.w.T.), he wouldn’t break his oath and his desire would be realized.”

We also have some notes about this tradition:

# First: The human power is unable to go to bed with one hundred women in one night, however strong the man is. This is against the rules of nature and cannot be happened at all.

# Second: It was not possible for the prophet Solomon (a.s.) to turn his back on the will of Allah (S.w.T.), especially after the precaution of the angel to him. What prevented him to say in sha Allah (S.w.T.)? Was he not the prophet, whom Allah (S.w.T.) had delegated to guide people in the way of Allah (S.w.T.)? It was the ignorant that turned their backs on the will of Allah (S.w.T.) and ignored that all their affairs were in His hand! The prophets were far above the inattention of the ignorant. They were far above what the dotards thought.

# Third: Abu Hurayra was confused about the number of Solomon’s wives. Sometimes he said they were one hundred,[sahih Bukhari vol.3, p.176 chap of Marriage, section on "Visiting my wives..."]; and sometimes he said they were ninety [sahih Bukhari vol.4, chap of Iman, section of Istithna in Iman, pg.107]; sixty [sahih Muslim vol.2, pg.23 chap. Of faith, section of Exception]; seventy,[sahih Bukhari vol.2 chap. Beginning of creation, section of Tafsir verse30 sura Sad, pg.165] .

All these traditions were mentioned in al-Bukhari, Muslim, and Ahmed’s books. I do not know what they would say, those who defended this man! Would they say that Solomon (a.s.) had done this thing several times with his wives? So they were a hundred at the first time and ninety at the second time and seventy or sixty at the other times. And every time the angel precautioned him but he did not say inshAllah (S.w.T.). I do not think they would say that. It would be better for them to say: The tear became wider for the patcher to repair. A liar has no good memory.

4. Moses Slaps The Angel of Death

The two sheikhs [Bukhari and Muslim] mentioned a tradition that Abu Hurayra had said:

“Prophet Muhammad (S.) said: The angel of death came to Moses (a.s.) and said to him: Respond to the order of your God! Moses slapped the angel of death on his eye and gouged it. The angel of death returned to Allah (S.w.T.) and said to Him: You sent me to one of Your slaves, who did not want to die. He gouged my eye. Allah (S.w.T.) restored to him his eye and said to him: Go back to My slave and say to him: If you want to live, you are to put your hand on a bull’s back and see how many hairs stick in your hand. You will live for every hair a year.”

Ref: Sahih Muslim, vol.2, chap. Of virtues, Section on virtues of prophet Moses, pg.309; Sahih al-Bukhari, vol.2, chap. of "Beginning of creation", section on "Prophet Moses", pg.163 and vol.1, pg.158.

# Ahmed bin Hanbal mentioned this tradition in his Musnad [vol.2, p.315] that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Prophet (S.) said: The angel of death used to come to people visibly. He came to Moses. Moses (a.s.) slapped him and gouged his eye…”

Ibn Jareer at-Tabari in his book Tareekh al-Umam wal- Mulook (the history of the nations and the kings) vol. 1, mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The angel of death used to come to people visibly until he came to Moses. Moses slapped him and gouged his eye…” and at the last of the tradition that “the angel of death began to come to people invisibly after the death of Moses.”

You note clearly that this tradition has many things, which can never be ascribed to Allah (S.w.T.), His prophets, and His angels. Is it suitable for Allah (S.w.T.) to choose among His people one, who assaults like the tyrants even upon the angels of Allah (S.w.T.) just because of anger and acts like the mutinous arrogant or to hate death so much like the ignorant? Was that possible for Moses, whom Allah (S.w.T.) had chosen for His mission and entrusted with His revelation? Was that possible for Moses, whom Allah (S.w.T.) had favored with His talking to and made one of the best prophets? How did he hate death while he desired to meet Allah (S.w.T.) and to be near Him? What was the guilt of the angel of death, who was but a messenger from Allah (S.w.T.) to him to be slapped and his eye be gouged? Was it suitable for the arch-prophets to insult and beat the angels, who were sent by Allah (S.w.T.) to inform them of the missions and orders of Allah (S.w.T.)? Allah (S.w.T.) and His prophets and angels are far above that!

Why did we disavow the dwellers of ar-Rass, the Pharaoh, Abu Jahl and the likes and curse them day and night? Was that not because they offended the prophets when they came to them with the missions and orders of Allah (S.w.T.)? How do we, then, ascribe the same to the prophets? Allah (S.w.T.) forbid! What a great slander it is! It is well-known that the power of the human beings altogether, or in fact, the power of all the creatures since the beginning of creation until the Day of Resurrection, cannot stand against the power of the angel of death. How was it easy for Moses to beat him? Did the angel not defend himself although he was able to put Moses to death especially that he was ordered by Allah (S.w.T.) to do that? And when did the angel have an eye to be gouged? And do not forget that the angel lost his right for the slap and the gouged eye.

5. A Rock Runs Away With Moses’ Clothes

The two sheikhs [Bukhari and Muslim] mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said:

“Prophet Muhammad (S.) said: “The Israelites bathed nakedly. They looked at each other’s private parts. Moses bathed alone. They said: “By Allah (S.w.T.), nothing prevented Moses to bathe with us, unless he had a hernia.” Once Moses went to bathe, He put his cloths on a rock. The rock ran away with Moses’ cloths. Moses followed the rock crying: “O rock, my cloths! O rock, my cloths!” The Israelites looked at Moses private parts and said that Moses was all right. After that the rock stopped. Moses took his cloths and began to beat the rock. I swear by Allah (S.w.T.) that the rock had six or seven scars.”

Ref: Sahih Muslim vol.2, section on Prophet Moses virtues, pg.308; Sahih Bukhari vol.1, section on narration from Ishac bin Nasr which follows section on Moses and Khidr's conversation, pg.162 and also in vol.1 in chap. of Ghusl, section on being naked among others during Ghusl, pg.42; Musnad Ahmad vol.2, pg315.

# Al-Bukhari and Muslim mentioned in their Sahihs that Abu Hurayra had said that it was this event, which Allah (S.w.T.) had referred to in His saying: (O you who believe! be not like those who spoke evil things of Musa, but Allah (S.w.T.) cleared him of what they said, and he was worthy of regard with Allah (S.w.T.)){Quran 33:69}.

# You see what impossibility there was in this tradition. It was not possible to defame prophet Moses (a.s.), who had the honour of talking with Allah (S.w.T.), by unveiling his private parts in front of his people, because that would disgrace him and diminish his dignity, especially when they saw him running after a rock, which didn’t see or hear, and crying: “O rock, my cloths! O rock, my cloths!” Then to stop at the rock in front of people nakedly and beat it while the people were looking at his private parts as if he was mad! If that thing were true, Allah (S.w.T.) would have done it. Then why would Moses be angry to punish the rock, which was obliged to do so because it had no mind or option? What was the use of beating a rock, which had no any feeling?

# The running away of the rock with Moses cloths wouldn’t give him any excuse to disgrace himself by unveiling his private parts in front of people. He could stay in his place until someone brought him his cloths or any thing else to veil himself like any sane man would do if something like that happened to him.

# The running away of the rock was a miracle and an extraordinary thing. It would not happen unless there was a cause for challenge or to prove a very great thing like the moving of the tree for Prophet Muhammad (S.) in Mecca, when the polytheists suggested to the Prophet (S.) to make it move. Allah (S.w.T.) made the tree move from its place to another to prove Muhammad’s prophecy and to certify his mission. It was clear that the case of Moses bathing in the sea didn’t require miracles or any challenge, especially when it would cause a scandal for the prophet in front of his people in a way that any one saw or heard about it would scorn him and make fun of him. As to prove that he had no hernia was not so important that it required disgracing the prophet or diminishing his dignity nor it was one of the necessities, which required miracles. It could be known easily by his wives, who might, then, tell the truth.

Let’s suppose that he had a hernia, what was wrong with that? Prophet Shu’ayb (Jethro) became blind and the prophet Ayyoub (Job) was sick for forty years. All of the prophets became sick and died. It was not a defect that they had some sicknesses, especially when they were unknown by people like hernia. It was not possible for them to have something affecting their minds or their generosity or something that would lead people to keep away from them or make fun of them. Certainly the hernia was not of that kind. It was not narrated by anyone that the Israelites thought Moses had a hernia except by Abu Hurayra!

But the event that Allah (S.w.T.) referred to in the holy Qur’an by saying: (O you who believe! be not like those who spoke evil things of Musa, but Allah (S.w.T.) cleared him of what they said) {33:69} Was, as narrated by Imam Ali (a.s.) and Ibn Abbas, about the case that the Israelites accused him of killing Aaron. It was also said that it was about the case of the prostitute, whom Qaroun (Croesus) had seduced to accuse Moses of having a corrupted relationship with her but Allah (S.w.T.) acquitted him from this accusation where she, herself, said the truth. And it was said that they hurt him by ascribing to him magic, lying and madness after they saw the miracles.

Wonder!
# I wonder at al-Bukhari and Muslim that they added these traditions to the virtues of Moses! Was beating the angel and gouging his eye a virtue? Was running in front of people nakedly honour? What was the meaning of this nonsense? Prophet Moses was far above that. It was enough for him what the holy Qur’an had declared about his virtues and honourable position.
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 1:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by Newnas(m): 4:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
AlBaqir:

I want you to upload all your virus. In shaa Allah it won't take me over one hour to clear it all. innal baatila kaana zahuuqa(!)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by BeansAndBread(m): 7:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
AlBaqir may Allaah forgive you for misleading Muslims, wallahi, repent before it's too late!
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2016
6. Criticizing Moses For Burning The Village Of Ants
The two sheikhs (Bukhari and Muslim) mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said: “Prophet Muhammad said: An ant pinched one of the prophets (Moses, as said by at-Tirmidhi). He ordered to burn the village of ants and it was burned. Allah (S.w.T.) revealed to him: “Why did you burn one of the nations that praised Allah (S.w.T.), because an ant had pinched you?”

Ref: Sahih Bukhari, vol.2, chap. of Jihad, section on narration from Yahya bin Bakir, pg.114; Sahih Muslim, vol.2, chap. of killing snakes, section on forbidding killing ants, pg.267.

Abu Hurayra was fond of the prophets. He wandered about every odd disaster, which sored the eyes and blocked the ears. The prophets had longer patience, greater hearts, and higher statuses than what this dotard told about. Prophet Muhammad’s guardian, Imam Ali (a.s.) bin Abu Talib said in one of his speeches:

“I swear by Allah (S.w.T.), if I had been given the seven states with all what was there under their skies to disobey Allah (S.w.T.) by snatching a crust of a barely seed from an ant, I would never do. This worldly life, for me, is cheaper than a leaf in the mouth of a locust crunching it. What had Ali to do with a passing ease and a transient pleasure?”

Although Imam Ali (a.s.) was not a prophet, but a veracious guardian, his case represented the infallibility of the prophets against what the ignorant ascribed to them. Allah (S.w.T.) did never choose, for His missions, anyone, who would not be far away from those accusations. Glory be to Allah (S.w.T.) and exalted was He above what the idiots say!

7. The Prophet Forgets Two Sections of The Prayer
The two sheikhs (Bukhari and Muslim) mentioned a tradition that Abu Hurayra had said:

“Prophet Muhammad offered one of the day prayers, I think it was the Asr prayer , in two sections (rak’ah) instead of four and he finished it. Then he stood up and put his hand on a piece of wood that was in the front of the mosque. Among the people in the mosque were Abu Bakr and Umar, but they feared to ask the Prophet about that. The hurried people left the mosque and asked if the prayer had been lessened. Someone, whom the Prophet called ThulYadayn, asked the Prophet:

“Did you forget or lessen the prayer?” The Prophet said: “I didn’t forget and the prayer wasn’t lessened.” Thul-Yadayn said: “Yes, you forgot.” The Prophet offered two additional rak’ahs, made tassleem (the ending of a prayer), said Allah (S.w.T.)uakbar (Allah (S.w.T.) is the greatest) and prostrated for forgetting.”

Ref: Sahih Bukhari, vol.1, section on Takbir during sahw prostrations, pg.145; Sahih Muslim, vol.1, section on forgetting in prayers and prostration, pg.215; Musnad Ahmad, vol.2, pg.234.

# This tradition was untrue for many reasons:

* First: It was not possible that this forgetting came from someone, who went to prayer with heart and soul. It came from that, who was inattentive in his prayers. The prophets were too far above inattentiveness and too glorious to be defamed by the swindlers. We have not found that such forgetness happened to any of the prophets especially the master and the last of them (peace be upon them). I swear by the master of the prophets(S.) that if such forgetness came from me, shame and shyness would occupy me and the followers in prayers, behind me, would make fun of me and of my worship, so how about the prophets, whom Allah (S.w.T.) had chosen to be the excellent models for people!

* Second: Prophet Muhammad (S.) said: “I didn’t forget and the prayer wasn’t lessened.” So how would it be for him, after that, to declare that he forgot?

Suppose that he was not infallible in forgetting; but his infallibility in regards to being obstinate and imprudent in his sayings if they were in contradictory to the reality is a must according to all the Muslims.

* Third: Abu Hurayra was confused in this tradition and his sayings were different. Sometimes he said: “Prophet Muhammad (S.) led us in one of the day prayers; either the Dhuhr (noon) prayer or the Asr (afternoon) prayer.” He had doubt between which one of them. Another time he said: “The Prophet led us in the Asr prayer”, as if he was certain. In the third he said: “While I was offering the Dhuhr prayer with the Prophet…” These traditions were in al-Bukhari and Muslim’s Sahihs. Those, who explained the Sahihs, were confused to a degree led them into affectedness and they took upon themselves what they couldn’t bear in order to defend these traditions as they did when they refuted the opinion of az-Zuhri when he confirmed that Thul-Yadayn and Thush-shamalayn was the same man.

* Fourth: The tradition showed that the Prophet (S.) left his place of praying, stood up and put his hand on a piece of wood in the front the mosque. The hurried people left the mosque and said: “Was the prayer lessened?” Thul-Yadayn said to the Prophet: “Did you forget or lessen the prayer.” The Prophet said: “I didn’t forget nor lessen the prayer.” He said to the Prophet: “Yes, you forgot.” Then the Prophet said to his companions: “Was he right?” They said: “Yes, he was.”

Another one mentioned by Abu Hurayra that the Prophet (S.) entered the room (of the mosque) and came out then the people returned. All that invalidated the prayer, because according to the Islamic Shari’ah, the prayer is a continuous unit, which can not be interrupted. So how could the Prophet (S.) depend on his first two rak’ahs to complete them by other two rak’ahs to be four, the right number of rak’as for the Dhuhr or Asr prayer?

* Fifth: Thul-Yadayn, who was mentioned in the tradition, was the same as ThushShamalayn, [Ibn Hajar's al-Isaba] Ibn Abd Amr, the ally of the tribe of Zuhra. The two names referred to one person. He was martyred during the battle of Badr. That was confirmed by the imam of the tribe of Zuhra and the best of those, who knew about their allies, Muhammad bin Muslim az-Zuhri, as it was mentioned by Ibn Abdul-Birr in his book al-Isstee’ab, ibn Hajar in his book al-Issaba, Sharh Sahih Muslim and Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari. Also the same was confirmed by Sufyan ath-Thawri and Abu Haneefa when they considered the tradition as untrue one and gave fatwas contradicting it [refer to Nawawi's Sharh Sahih Muslim, vol.4, pg.235].

An-Nassa’ei declared in his tradition that Thul-Yadayn and Thush-Shamalayn referred to the same person. He said:[al-Qastalani's Irshad as-Sari, vol.3, pg.267] …Thush-Shamalayn ibn Amr said to him (to the Prophet): “Did you lessen the prayer or did you forget?” The Prophet (S.) said: “What did Thul-Yadayn say?” So he confirmed that Thush-Shamalayn was the same as Thul-Yadayn.

Clearer than that was a tradition mentioned by Ahmed bin Hanbal [Musnad, vol.20, pg.271 and pg.284] narrated by Abu Salama bin Abdur Rahman and Abu Bakr bin Abu Khaythama that Abu Hurayra had said: “Prophet Muhammad offered the prayer of Dhuhr or Asr in two rak’ahs and finished it by tasleem (saying assalamu alaykum). Thush-Shamalayn bin Abd Amr, the ally of the tribe of Zuhra, said to him: “Did you lessen the prayer or did you forget?” The Prophet (S.) said: “What did Thul-Yadayn say?” They said: “He was right.

Abu Musa mentioned a tradition narrated by Ja’far al-Mustaghfiri [Ibn Hajar's al-Isaba] from Muhammad bin Katheer from al-Awza’ee from az-Zuhri from Sa’eed bin al-Mussayab, Abu Salama and Obaydullah bin Abdullah that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Prophet ended the prayer after two rak’ahs instead of four. Abd Amr bin Nadhla, who was from the tribe of Khuza’a and an ally of the tribe of Zuhra, stood up and said to the Prophet (S.):

“Did you lessen the prayer or did you forget?”…including the saying of the Prophet (S.) (was Thush-Shamalayn true?)

All these traditions showed clearly that Thul-Yadayn, mentioned in Abu Hurayra’s tradition was Thush-Shamalayn ibn Abd Amr, the ally of the tribe of Zuhra. No doubt that ThushShamalayn, mentioned above, was killed in the battle of Badr more than five years before Abu Hurayra became a Muslim. His killer was Ossama aj-Jasmi. Ibn Abdul Birr and all of the historians said that. So how could it be possible for Abu Hurayra to meet him in one prayer behind Prophet Muhammad (S)?

8. Abu Talib refuses to say Shahada
Abu Hurayra said:

“The prophet Muhammad (S.) said to his uncle Abu Talib: “Say that there is no god but Allah (S.w.T.) and I will witness it for you in the day of Resurrection.” His uncle said: “I would say it to comfort you but I was afraid that Quraysh would blame me and say that he did it because of impatience.” Therefore, Allah (S.w.T.) revealed to the Prophet (S.) this verse: (Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah (S.w.T.) guides whom He pleases) 28:56

Abu Hurayra said in another place:

“The Prophet (S.) said to his uncle when he was dying: “Say that there is no god but Allah (S.w.T.) and I will witness it for you in the Day of Resurrection.” His uncle refused to say. Therefore Allah (S.w.T.) revealed to the Prophet (S.): (Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah (S.w.T.) guides whom He pleases).

Ref: Sahih Muslim, vol.1, pg.31

Abu Talib, may Allah (S.w.T.) have mercy upon him, died in the tenth year of the prophethood of Muhammad (S.) , i.e. three years before hijra. It was also said that he died in the ninth or eighth year. So he died ten years before Abu Hurayra came to Hijaz. Then how could Abu Hurayra meet the Prophet (S.) and his uncle while they were talking about what he narrated as if he had seen with his eyes and heard with his ears? But he was of those, whose faith and reason didn’t guide their tongues! This tradition was one of many invented by the mercenaries to flatter the enemies of Ali and his progeny. The Umayyad state tried whatever was possible to spread it. There were enough works written by the scholars that refuted this tradition and proved Abu Talib’s faithfulness with definite evidences. Whoever wants to know the truth of the faithfulness of Abu Talib, the Prophet’s (S.) uncle, who was responsible for the Prophet (S.) since his childhood, brought him up, secured and safeguarded him, let refer to those books. [al-Hujja ala ath-Thahib ila Takfeer Abu Talib].

Abu Talib said in one of his poems: O Allah (S.w.T.), may You witness I have believed in the mission of Muhammad.

9. The Prophet (S.) warns his tribe The two sheikhs (Bukhari [sahih vol.2, pg.86, chap. of wills] and Muslim) mentioned the Prophet (S.) that Abu Hurayra had said:

“When Allah (S.w.T.) revealed to (And warn your nearest relations) 26:214, He stood up and said: “O people of Quraysh, I don’t substitute for you near Allah (S.w.T.) (in the Day of Resurrection). O family of Abd Manaf, I don’t substitute for you near Allah (S.w.T.). O Abbas, I don’t substitute for you near Allah (S.w.T.). O Safiyya, I don’t substitute for you near Allah (S.w.T.). O Fatima bint Muhammad, ask for anything of my wealth but I don’t substitute for you near Allah (S.w.T.).”

This Qur’anic verse was revealed to the Prophet (S.) in the beginning of Islam and before its spread in Mecca when Abu Hurayra was still in Yemen. He came to Hijaz twenty years after the revelation of this verse. He cut off the tradition and distorted it as usual according to the Umayyad policy and requirements of its propaganda against Imam ´Ali (a.s.) and the Hashimites. When this verse was revealed to the Prophet (S.), he gathered his relatives, among whom were his uncles; Abu Talib, Hamza, al-Abbas (may Allah (S.w.T.) be pleased with them) and Abu Lahab (curse be upon him) and asked them to believe in Allah (S.w.T.). He said to them:

“Who of you will support me to carry out my mission and be my brother, vizier, guardian, heir and successor?” Ali, who was the youngest of them at that time, said: “I will be your vizier in carrying your mission.” The Prophet (S.) touched Ali’s neck and said: “This is my brother, vizier, guardian, heir and successor. You are to listen to him and to obey him.”

10. The Abyssinians play in the Mosque

Imam Al-Bukhari mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said: “While the Abyssinians were playing with their bayonets in front of the Prophet (S.) in the mosque, Omar entered and began to throw pebbles at them. The Prophet (S.) said to Omar: “Let them do that.”

Ref: Sahih Bukhari, vol.2, pg.120, chap. of Jihad, section on entertainment the mosque.

The Prophet (S.) was far away from play and higher than levity. He knew well, more than any one else, of the prohibited actions. He would never let the ignorant to play in the mosque in front of him. He was busy, all the time, with the divine tasks. He had no time to spend with play or in vain. He was far above to let his honoured mosque be for play and vanity. {(A grievous word it is that comes out of their mouths; they speak nothing but a lie)} Quran 18:5

11. A nation was metamorphosed into mice

The two sheikhs (Bukhari [Sahih vol.2, chap. of Beginning of creation", section on best of a muslim's wealth, pg.149]; and Muslim [vol.2, pg.536]) mentioned that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Prophet (S.) said: “A nation of the Israelites was lost and they didn’t know what they had done. I think they were metamorphosed into mice, because when mice were given camel’s milk they didn’t drink it and when they were given ewe’s milk they drank.”

What a folly it was that even the foolish would disdain, unless they were mad. But the two sheikhs trusted in this dotard and mentioned his absurdities as evidences. If what he said did not disgrace Islam, we would put his rope on his neck and let him graze freely with his likes, but we had to defend the infallible Sunna as possible as we could because these superstitions were the worst of defects that afflicted Islam.

12. Two contradictory traditions

Al-Bukhari mentioned a tradition [sahih vol.4, section on "There is no Hama", pg.15 and Muslim's Sahih, vol.2, pg.258] narrated by Abu Salama that Abu Hurayra had said:

“The Prophet (S.) said: “There is no contagiousness, no Safar and no Hama. ” One of the nomads asked him: “O messenger of Allah (S.w.T.), our camels move on the sands like the antelopes, but why do they, when mix with a mangy camel, become mangy?” The Prophet (S.) said: “Then, who infected the first one?”

* Directly after this tradition, al-Bukhari mentioned another one narrated by Abu Salama that he had heard Abu Hurayra saying:

“The Prophet (S.) said: “No sick is to mix with a healthy one.” Abu Salama said to Abu Hurayra: “Didn’t you narrate that there is no infection.” He denied his first tradition and began to murmur in Abyssinian.”

This, always, was the state of those, who walk in two different ways! (This is a sufficient exposition for the people and that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is One God and that those possessed of understanding may mind) Quran 14:52

13. Abu Hurairah's pretense of Attending some events

He said: "Once I entered the house of Ruqayya, the Prophet's (s) daughter and Uthman's wife. She had a comb in her hand. She said: "The prophet (s) left just a little ago. I combed his hair. He said to me: "How do you find Abu Abdullah (Uthman)?" I said: "he is good." He said to me: "Grace him! He is the most similar to me, among my companions, in morals."

It was mentioned by al-Hakim [al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain, vol.4, pg.48] who said: "This tradition has a true series of narrators but untrue text, because Ruqayya had died in the third year of Hijrah during the battle of Badr, whereas Abu Hurairah became a Muslim at the time of the battle of Khaybar."
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2016
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by AlBaqir(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
AlBaqir:

A MAN WITH A HYPER MEMORY

Officially, Abu Hurairah narrated larger part of ahadith use by the Ahlu sunnah. He alleged to have been prayed for by the Prophet and ever since he never forgot what he learnt from the Prophet.

This great scholar, in this hadith of Sahih Muslim, shared part of his rare knowledge with us:

Abu al-Rabi’ al-‘Ataki and Abu Kamil al-Jahdari Fudayl b. Husayn – Hammad b. Zayd – Ayyub – Muhammad – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman had SIXTY women and he said: “I will go around to all of them tonight, and each of them will become pregnant, and each one of them will give birth to a boy who will become a knight who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” But, none of them became pregnant except one, who gave birth to a malformed child."

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ each of them would have given birth to a boy who would become a knight who would fight in the Cause of Allah.”

http://islamport.com/d/1/mtn/1/78/2900.html

* According to Abu Hurayrah, Prophet Sulayman (peace be upon him) had only sixty women. Please, note that the word "women" is generic. So, we can safely conclude that the wives and concubines of this noble prophet were sixty in number. Abu Hurayrah narrated directly from Prophet Sulayman. This is strange, since there was a gap of centuries between them. In any case, Abu Hurayrah narrated that Prophet Sulayman promised to sleep with all his sixty women in one night. I do not know how many hours constituted the nighttime back then. But, we can assume that it was 12 hours. In that case, one can further assume that each sex session lasted an average of 15 minutes or a little less.

However, when Abu Hurayrah narrated the story again, he made some modifications, as recorded by the same Sahih Muslim:

Abd b. Humayd – ‘Abd al-Razzaq b. Hammam – Ma’mar – Ibn Tawus – his father – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman b. Dawud said: “Tonight, I will go around to SEVENTY women and each of them will give birth to a boy who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” It was said to him: “Say ‘insha Allah,’” but he did not say it. He went around to them, but none of them gave birth except one woman, who gave birth to a malformed child.”

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ he would not have broken his oath, and that could have been a means of fulfilling his wish.”

* Abu Hurayrah added ten more women. It then becomes unclear exactly what the noble prophet (i.e. Sulayman) actually said. Did he promise to sleep with sixty women or with seventy? Also, the number of minutes per sex session reduces with this new "seventy" figure.

Of course, Abu Hurayrah is not done yet. When he narrated the same incident one more time, as documented by al-Bukhari, he made further changes:

Mahmud – ‘Abd al-Razzaq – Ma’mar – Ibn Tawus – his father – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman b. Dawud, peace be upon them both, said: “Tonight, I will go around to ONE HUNDRED WOMEN. Each woman will give birth to a boy who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” The angel said to him: “Say ‘insha Allah.’” But, he did not say it, and he was caused to forget. Then, he went round to them, and none of them gave birth to a child except one woman, who gave birth to a malformed child.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ he would not have broken his oath, and that would have been a means of attaining what he hoped for.”

http://islamport.com/d/1/mtn/1/76/2810.html

* So, did he promise to sleep with sixty women, or seventy, or one hundred? Abu Hurayrah, apparently, could not make up his mind on this. There are two possible explanations here. Either he forgot (which would deflate Sunni claims about his infallible hyper-memory) or he lied. I will leave the judgment of that to the readers.

But then, one wonders. How many minutes did each sex session last, with one hundred women, in 12 hours?

# Rilwayne001 please help out. I guess there is a bible verse that equally made this bogus and fallacious tale about Nabi Sulayman (alaih Salam), whom Quran talks about to be among the Devoted servant of Allah.
Re: I Love Abu Hurayrah by Rilwayne001: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
AlBaqir:

# Rilwayne001 please help out. I guess there is a bible verse that equally made this bogus and fallacious tale about Nabi Sulayman (alaih Salam), whom Quran talks about to be among the Devoted servant of Allah.

Hmmn.. The Bible according to 1 kings 11:3 he had 700 wives and 300 concubines.. I don't know how he slept with them all though cry :-( sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Historic Fraud Of Ashura Fasting: / Hadiths / IFC To Support Islamic Banking Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.