Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (24276 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience / Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by stephano100(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
heavenlychy:
I was scammed in the most horrible way because my heart was involved. This started early last year. I was in my shop at Balogun one Friday afternoon when a young man and his wife came into my shop to buy clothes. Actually the wife was shopping on the man. After they finished, the man said he has a brother that he will like me to meet and from there we can start a relationship if we like each other. At first i was skeptical but i gave him my number to give to his brother. The brother started calling me saying that he is based in Abj and that he is a widower with a son. infact, this guy bombarded me with calls for good six months. We never got to meet all this while. I usually speak with the son, his mother because he said they all live with him in his mansion in Abj. The son is a boy of 7years and he really sounded like a good son. I was already loving father and son. When he first invited me to come, i declined because i felt if he loved me, he should be the first to come and see me. He was often claiming busy with a project on-going in Abj. On Monday of a particular week, he told me he was traveling to the Singapore for an urgent meeting and that on his way back from his trip he would come to Lagos straight so we can finally get to see.

He traveled and i was speaking to his mother and son as they kept calling me and i was used to them. On Friday morning around 7am, i received a call from the son saying that his grandmother just slumped and that he has been trying to get her up since he's alone with her in the house but he can't. I was panicking, i couldn't reach "my guy" so i told him to go out and call neighbours to help him. i later got a call around 9am that they are in the hospital but the doctors want some money before they can start treatment. they said they needed 100k. They sent me account details, i quickly wired 50K and i went to the park to enter a bus heading to Abj in the hope to see the "poor woman". I kept communicating with the young boy and got the name of the hospital and ward. I got to Abj around 10pm, a town where i knew nobody and called and called. The number was switched off. My dear up till now. Both money, "my guy", "son", "mother", "friend" , no one is reachable. I thank God for everything atleast, i was not used for rituals. grin
jeeeeeeeez!!!! wat could b worse than this?...did format badt oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ilevic(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
divaa:
My own scamming experience ...I'm not even sure what to call it.

One day, I entered a bus, I was coming back from the bank. I sat in the front with a guy, the bus fare was only about #50, and the man offered to pay for me. I said thank you and we gisted. He seemed like a nice guy!

He came down in the bus stop before mine own, there's an eatery opposite the bus stop, He asked if I wanted to come to the eatery and chat with him. I said ok.

When we got in there, he wanted to order for me, but I refused, wasn't really hungry, so we just sat and started talking.

He told me that he just got back from the visa office, he got his visa and would be travelling out soon. He said his parents told him to marry before he leaves. He said he would like me to marry him.

I said , I wasn't interested, I was not looking to marry and we just met. So I got up to leave.

He grabbed my purse from my hand ooh and started begging me to marry him, there was money in my purse ( not a lot, less than #500). I said give me my purse I want to leave.

He refused oooh, saying I must agree to marry him and introduce him to my parents right now. He started screaming, saying I must marry him.

People were just looking, Shame started catching me. The more I was demanding for my purse, the more he was shouting that I must marry him ooh.

I decided to walk down and call the Okada men to come ooh, it was my area and I knew some of them.

I came back with one Okada man but the man had disappeared.

The money in the purse wasn't too much and there was nothing else in it. The purse was really old and worn out.

So i did not lose much, but this was the most confusing event in my life.

The okada men said it was a scammer.

follow a stranger to eatery? what was actually on ur mind? abi na long throat?

thank God he didn't kidnap u for rituals,
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by 99foxxy(f): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
adajiboyy:
I have been scammed oooo.scammed by a close family friend.I wanted to travel out of this land and all the money I ever made b4 I was 23 was close to 500k nd mum helped me wit 200k all was 700k,since I was a novice now,I trusted this guy newman agbonlahor can never forget that name till I die,wit all d money thinking that in 30 days I would b in moskow.chie tis guy run.wey no even see him shadow arrest talkless of humanbeing.I cry,I depress,I lost focused,I drank to stupor,F ashawo,didt go to church sef lol,like say na God do me.but bless God for my mama,she picked me up,loved me,prayed for me,give me small small pocket money 2 years after am still alive and stronger and finer sef.
your very funny, is drinking fucking ashawo n not going to church solve your problem?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
99foxxy:
your very funny, is drinking fucking ashawo n not going to church solve your problem?
lol.was just looking for were to pour my frustration on.but its all God now.tanks tou.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ghuzy01: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
eph12:
Chai! I can't forget that horrible day. I was left looking like an slowpoke.
In my final year in UNN that was how i wanted to go withdraw some money from GTB in Enugu. Came across a guy asking people to come and win phones. Saw people gathering there making enquiries and that was how i stopped to do same. I decided to try with hundred naira. I chose the wrong card and i thought this is too easy so i should be able to win my money back and some more. That was how i lost #12000 that day. I was just dumbfounded. Am sure i would have lost more than that if i had more on me. They took everything and left #100 which i used to enter bus to the bank before i could withdraw to go back to Nsukka. Like as if i had been cursed by the gods, the indomie i bought when i got back so i could cook and eat pour on the floor as i was carrying it into my room.
Even the gods were angry at my foolishness. But am sure i was "jazzed". angry cry
Guy dis your post makes me Laff and I remember a similar experience I had in ibadan like two yrs ago.it was as if I was jazzed in d same card game,it looks easy to me buh dose guys are just crazy...I played with almost 6 k including my two phones and my Casio wrist watch...it was just like a dream.I later realised that Those crowd present are majorly part of dia gang whose role is to encourage you to play more.iv learnt ma lessons sha
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by eph12(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
ghuzy01:

Guy dis your post makes me Laff and I remember a similar experience I had in ibadan like two yrs ago.it was as if I was jazzed in d same card game,it looks easy to me buh dose guys are just crazy...I played with almost 6 k including my two phones and my Casio wrist watch...it was just like a dream.I later realised that Those crowd present are majorly part of dia gang whose role is to encourage you to play more.iv learnt ma lessons sha
Very correct. Everyone there is a member. If I had more on me they would have collected it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by tobisco29(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
indoorlove:
I lost N390,000 to a scammer in 2011. It was a painful experience.
how did it happen share

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by tobisco29(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
Anugod:
Lmao cheesy grin grin FIXED. Thank me later angry
Thanks for that, na webmastering fault am too devoted, till i changed it to spam i never noticed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by mrbyron(m): 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
DavidEsq:

I'm not a wafi guy sha; just a safi guy and the fact that I'm trying hard to rmbr weda I've eva bin scammed, sure says it dat I'VE NEVA BIN SCAMMED. THEM NEVA BORN AM!!!!!!

I hear say wafi guys dey learn sharpness for where safi guys dey grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by brokensword: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
heavenlychy:
I was scammed in the most horrible way because my heart was involved. This started early last year. I was in my shop at Balogun one Friday afternoon when a young man and his wife came into my shop to buy clothes. Actually the wife was shopping on the man. After they finished, the man said he has a brother that he will like me to meet and from there we can start a relationship if we like each other. At first i was skeptical but i gave him my number to give to his brother. The brother started calling me saying that he is based in Abj and that he is a widower with a son. infact, this guy bombarded me with calls for good six months. We never got to meet all this while. I usually speak with the son, his mother because he said they all live with him in his mansion in Abj. The son is a boy of 7years and he really sounded like a good son. I was already loving father and son. When he first invited me to come, i declined because i felt if he loved me, he should be the first to come and see me. He was often claiming busy with a project on-going in Abj. On Monday of a particular week, he told me he was traveling to the Singapore for an urgent meeting and that on his way back from his trip he would come to Lagos straight so we can finally get to see.

He traveled and i was speaking to his mother and son as they kept calling me and i was used to them. On Friday morning around 7am, i received a call from the son saying that his grandmother just slumped and that he has been trying to get her up since he's alone with her in the house but he can't. I was panicking, i couldn't reach "my guy" so i told him to go out and call neighbours to help him. i later got a call around 9am that they are in the hospital but the doctors want some money before they can start treatment. they said they needed 100k. They sent me account details, i quickly wired 50K and i went to the park to enter a bus heading to Abj in the hope to see the "poor woman". I kept communicating with the young boy and got the name of the hospital and ward. I got to Abj around 10pm, a town where i knew nobody and called and called. The number was switched off. My dear up till now. Both money, "my guy", "son", "mother", "friend" , no one is reachable. I thank God for everything atleast, i was not used for rituals. grin

haha,kai. ! ihe ojoo, I sympathize with you.Ndoo
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
akinsal:
Hilarious thread even though i opened something like this a few years ago

My first scamming experience was back then 2002 when jamb still used hard copy submission of forms/registration in dia zonal offices. Naso one tout (aka. hoodlump) hijack me scope me say if na jamb certificate i wan collect make i bring 3k. He said he has an insider who will run the thing sharp sharp and he will post am to our p.o.box address. He even gave me his phone number. As i see d crowd wey wan collect certificate wey neva see am collect naso i pay money ooo. Dey expect make he send am. But up till today i neva recieved any cert from jamb.

Though Funny sha but since then i don wise up sha...

No vex bros. That time your mumu no get senior.
Whoever heard of a jamb certificate. N
No talk o. My jamb old pass ur own. Precisely 2yrs before.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by mrbyron(m): 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
heavenlychy:

That was really cruel of that guy and all those involved. How low can they get?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by apholaryn: 12:09am On Feb 17, 2016
heavenlychy:

wow!you've got a big heart..God will reapay you in million folds..amen

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2016
franugo:
Well my mini dictionary defines scam as a dishonest scheme, so yea, i've been scammed i guess. happened when i got my first alert 4 desopadec bursary, #30,000. Was soo happy, already planned on buying a laptop with the cash weeks b4 i even got d alert. naim my cuzmate con come talk say make i borrow her 5K, shoulda heard her sob story, there wasn't a way 2 tell her no without seeming heartlesscry so i told her 2 cum d next day so we would go 2 d bank 2geda. ff 2 d next day, she showed up early. on d way 2 d bank, naim she increase d cash 2 10K come begin another super story...she said i would get d complete 10K d next wk so i felt dt i could postpone d laptop purchase 2 help out someone in need...next wk, she begin dey tell me 'this life family story', i couldn't do nothing, i was crushed i tell u...this was 2-3 yrs ago, laptop i dont havecry my 10K i no see.crycry

Bros. Which kind laptop you want take 30k buy 2-3yrs ago.
You should be doing thanksgiving she scammed you for ONLY 10k. If to say you buy d laptop, na DT laptop for dey use you. BIGGER SCAM.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by franugo(m): 1:13am On Feb 17, 2016
cosmo84:

Bros. Which kind laptop you want take 30k buy 2-3yrs ago.
You should be doing thanksgiving she scammed you for ONLY 10k. If to say you buy d laptop, na DT laptop for dey use you. BIGGER SCAM.

woulda added something if d 30k wasn't enuff...anyway sha, all dt na spilt milk now

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 17, 2016
cosmo84:

No vex bros. That time your mumu no get senior.
Whoever heard of a jamb certificate. N
No talk o. My jamb old pass ur own. Precisely 2yrs before.
No vex. I think u dont know what u are saying. na dos cert wey dey issue if u av gotten an admission altho i think its not mandatory. it usually indicates ur sch of choice ur score. etc. i think it is still being issued @ present. I cant recollect d actual name now but i still saw it wth someone about 3yrs ago. Hope u don remember now?

bsides @ dos times i b JJC. u wan compare ur level of thinking back then with d present moment?
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by indoorlove(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2016
tobisco29:
how did it happen share
Bros, you wouldn't want to hear it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by pappilo(m): 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2016
scampy:

lwkmdie.
Please share d second time. I really enjoyed d first one.

2nd time

This was London in 2004

Funny enough, it involved my friend in the hood who I decided to go and visit in my first story.

He had relocated to London about 5 years earlie and I had recently arrived to study for my Masters degree. The chap was a full time hustler. Stolo, obembe, akpati, co10... Any thing that brought in street money he was on it.

I wasnt cut out for all the street ish but I dabbled into it a bit by putting out the word and helping him get rid of the half price stuff he had. Many butter chaps in my Uni bought half price laptops from me and I made between £30 and £60 on each deal by adding a little to the price my friend offered it for sale

One day a fooking Zimbabwe bwoy I worked with told me one of his connects had £300 worth of Sainsburys vouchers that he wanted to sell for half price. As usual I put the word out there and strangely my guyman friend wanted the vouchers.

I could have asked the Zimbabwe rassclat to bring the vouchers to the house but because I wanted to make my own tachere I told him to meet me somewhere close to the house.

I told my guy the vouchers were £200 and he gave me the cash. Off I went and did the deal. As a JJC with no concrete street knowledge and doing the deal albeit with some random guy but in the presence of the Zimbabwe fuckboi, I believed it was all gravy. I took a cursory glance at the vouchers, all looked okay so I handed over £150 and pocketed my £50 profit.

I went back home and handed over the booklet of vouchers to my guy. He flipped through them and from the look on his face I knew something was wrong. On closer examination it became apparent that the vouchers were printed on a home printer and poorly cut to size. The biggest indicator was that the inside of the booklet backcover was made from an old Kellogs cornflakes box.

I immediately called the Zimbabwe fuckboi and he told me it was nothing to do with him as he only linked me and the seller.

My friend being one who never liked to get scamned although he made his living scamming others decided he would go and pass of the fake vouchers in Sainsburys anyway

We took a short drive down to our local Sainsburys. He parked and asked that we go in but my liver failed me so I remained in the car. About 15 minutes later, I saw my friend, as fat as he was running full sprint towards the car. He jumped in, started the car and we sped off.

He tried to pass the vouchers off for some electronic items but the lady at the till called her manager. They stylishly detained him by engaging him in a conversation and they had also called a security man over. Being a road man, he knew the cops had been called. He used a diversion technique and bailed.

When Dbanjs song mobolowo won came out, he would play it over and over again and we'd reminisce over that faithful day's events and laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by okongo(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
received sms from someone with recharge card pin(fake) from baba olaifa. i called the number to talk him to send the number to whoever he intended to as it is a wrong number. the guy that aanswered me said he assisted baba olaifa to send it to his son not knowing it is wrong number. that he will tell baba. i received a call from the guy saying baba wants to speak to me to appreciate what I did. baba prayed for me and told me he is an herbalist in ife. that he would like to help me progress in my job. he asked me to call back in 5mins. knowing it was a scam as I have been subject of many ad attempt in recent time. i sent baba a message thanking him for his prayers but not to bother calling me again.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by okongo(m): 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
I received sms from someone with recharge card pin(fake) from baba olaifa. i called the number to talk him to send the number to whoever he intended to as it is a wrong number. the guy that aanswered me said he assisted baba olaifa to send it to his son not knowing it is wrong number. that he will tell baba. i received a call from the guy saying baba wants to speak to me to appreciate what I did. baba prayed for me and told me he is an herbalist in ife. that he would like to help me progress in my job. he asked me to call back in 5mins. knowing it was a scam as I have been subject of many ad attempt in recent time. i sent baba a message thanking him for his prayers but not to bother calling me again.
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by jaydee87(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2016
Anybody that claims not to be scammed before is a liar cos one way or the other we all have bin scammed
will drop just three scenarios here..
1) in 2012 I was scammed by a guy that claim to be a forex trader it was so smooth that he scammed me when the most money was sweet he collected my return and even used me as a decoy to other gullible victims...
2)in 2012 also I was scammed by a woman at ojota in front of the fidelity atm. she came pleading with me to give her some money that she works with NEPA and they yet to receive salary and her children are hungry. she said I should borrow her few thousand which I did out of pity or foolishness but till date she neva return the money...
3) was in 2014 this time around it was with federal taskforce (fasera) for those that know about it u will understand but for those that dint let me just say a little about it. there was a rumour that the federal govt wants to employ into the federal taskforce Ferma. we were camped at Ferma office opposite tvc we were given uniforms and we were scammed smoothly without any hassle I tell you millions of naira went down there...
so if u say u have not been scammed think again. if u ever went for gnld interview u have bin scammed , if u went to market to buy anything u have bin scammed, if u use a bank u av bin scammed, if u bought ur sim for more than 100# u have bin scammed... the list goes on

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by andykay(m): 4:25am On Feb 21, 2016
heavenlychy:

This one is serious ooo
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by lastbaff(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
This issue of scammers everywhere, may God save us from them.

On our own part we should try all possible best to protect ourselves from fraud especially now that shopping online is becoming predominant.

There is this book I recommend everyone reads. It shows strategies you can use to protect yourself from internet scam.

It's titled: Top Secrets of Safe Online Shopping in Nigeria.

The book is free and you can get it here: http://www.nairatechnology.com/top-secrets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack / Man & Son Shot Dead In Taraba, Wife Shot On The Thigh (Photos) / Hoodlums Attack Ologede Market In Oyo, Loot And Set Shops Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.