Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " (882 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Buhari In London / How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries / Rev. Felix Meduoye Visits Buhari (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by sayyid(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
The Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, on Monday met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Ndume had last Tuesday met with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo alongside some of his colleagues while Buhari was on vacation.
SUNDAY PUNCH had reported exclusively that the visit of Ndume and his delegation to Osinbajo was part of the ways the embattled President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, was seeking the Presidency’s intervention in his case before the Code of Conduct Tribunal over alleged false declaration of assets.
He told State House correspondents at the end of his meeting with Buhari on Monday that he was in the Presidential Villa to consult with the President ahead of the Tuesday resumption of the Senate.
He said there was nothing unusual about his visit except that he had been embarking on similar visits in the nights.
Ndume said, “I hope you people know that I am the Senate Leader and this is APC government. So if the Senate Leader comes to see the Vice President or the President in the Villa, is it supposed to be a surprise?
“I guess it is because most often, I come in the night but this time, I came in the afternoon and it became very strange.
“There are issues that are really on the ground. One is the budget. We also have two bills before the Senate that we need to start working on when we resume tomorrow. The Money Laundering Bill and the Criminal Information Sharing Bill.
“There are issues other than those ones that are really on the ground. This is how we are supposed to be doing it earlier. That is, coming into the Villa to consult and guide the proceedings in the Senate appropriately.
“Other than that, I don’t want you to see it as an unusual visit. I will be doing this often because this is how it is supposed to be.

www.punchng.com/senate-leader-visits-buhari-says-im-consulting/
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
K
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by sayyid(m): 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
please what is this yeye mam consulting about?
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by drauj(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Saraki is gone.
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yeye Man...
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by MISSNORA(f): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Smh for APC
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by chriskosherbal(m): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
OK consulting.
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by doctokwus: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
The ironic thing now is that even the president's hands are now tied firmly behind his back.
If Saraki escapes justice from the cct, no matter the reason,a mortal blow wud have been death the govt and PMB can't afford that,particularly because many party faithfuls feel he hasn't done much for the party and that Saraki's continued presence in that seat is a huge slap on the president considering how Saraki rubbished both the president and his VP.
Ndume's visit is futile because nothing can be done for Saraki now.
The Rubicon has been crossed.
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by reuben79: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol saraki always think is smart...............he never see anythin...march 10th is load........
Re: Senate Leader Visits Buhari, Says " I'm Consulting " by tuniski: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
reuben79:
Lol saraki always think is smart...............he never see anythin...march 10th is load........
it is more about buhari as president than saraki as SP!
The budget scandal is monumental and real consultations needed to find a way out.
All the same, saraki is delicately poise on the scrotum of apc! Left or right it is a lose lose game!

(1) (Reply)

Army Officer Faces Jail For Going To Court / PHOTOS: "Borno Is Now Free From Boko Haram'' - Governor Shettima / See How Our Government Divert Our Attention.............+18 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.