Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,072 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe (1082 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by losak9111(m): 9:09am On Feb 16, 2016
Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner for $10m for Not Paying Tithe
Popular North Carolina woman who won the state's $100m Powerball lottery, Marie Holmes, has been sued by a local pastor Kevin Mathews for going back on the 10m she'd promised to pay him. Pastor Kevin sued Holmes for $10 million.
“God led me to her house and I prayed with her.” He stated that he eventually went back to her home multiple times to minister to her and even three other people in her home. He later asked her to consider donating money to help him purchase land to build a retreat facility that he had been praying about for years. She later agreed to give him $1.5 million.
According to Matthews, when she went back on her word, he was devastated: “Because of the emotional distress and mental stress they put me through, I had to start taking more medicine for anxiety and depression due to this situation.”
Ruth Sheehan, the 27-year old's attorney, stated that she was unaware of the situation and knew nothing about the lawsuit.
Since winning the Powerball in February of last year, Holmes has made some questionable choices when it comes to spending her money. She's bailed her boyfriend out of jail four times, was issued a criminal summons for threatening a woman who stated that Holmes' boyfriend was cheating, and was even cited for drug possession.http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/pastor-sues-188m-lottery-winner-for-10m-for-not-paying-tithe.178551/
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by losak9111(m): 9:10am On Feb 16, 2016
End time pastor
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by amiskurie(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
embarassed
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by babseg(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2016
The Pastor doesn't even know his bible. Its in the bible that gambling is a sin and he wants the share of it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by losak9111(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2016
babseg:
The Pastor doesn't even know his bible. Its in the bible that gambling is a sin and he wants the share of it.
he wanted to chop ni
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by kevoh(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2016
The lottery winner needs a financial adviser not some crook Pastor!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by Montaque(m): 10:39am On Feb 16, 2016
And these are the pastors we travel abroad to copy and bring down there doctrines here to bamboozle our congregation.
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by losak9111(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Montaque:
And these are the pastors we travel abroad to copy and bring down there doctrines here to bamboozle our congregation.
the woman has entered one chance with this pastor
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by Mariecakes(f): 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Pastor Sues $188m Lottery Winner For $10m For Not Paying Tithe by jcross19: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
babseg:
where did they state It in bible that gambling is a sin? What my bible tells me is that love of money is the root of evil.

(1) (Reply)

Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? / Alleged Ex-driver To Bishop Abioye Of Winners Chapel Converts To Islam / HEAVEN : Perfect Relationships : One Another - John MacArthur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.