Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? (1076 Views)

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? / Earliest Method Of Birth Control Spotted In The Bible (Cum on ground) / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by Oooops: 8:25am On Jun 19, 2016
I may have a different concept of how I pay tithe and I wanna know if I'm wrong....

I get my Salary say 50k...
I then calculate and remove my basic needs for that month (feeding and transportation) say 20k,

Then the remaining cash I remove one tenth from it for my tithe...
Is this practicable? is it acceptable? Bible scholars kindly assist because I wanna be sure I'm/have been doing the right thing...
Thanks
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by integritylady(f): 8:36am On Jun 19, 2016
No, it is not. it has to be one-tenth of your income
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by kiddoiLL(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2016
No its wrong...remove your one tenth from your full salary then sort out other budgets with the rest
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2016
Read your Bible, not your Pastor.

Deuteronomy 14
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

1 Like

Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by AnodaIT(m): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2016
I love to quote the Abraham first tithe because people tend to argue that tithing is from the law. Tithing was before the law and still exist after the fulfillment of the law.
Genesis 14:18-20
Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth. And blessed be God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand.' Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything."

Take note of the bold, not after feeding his family or paying off debts, tenth of the whole income.
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
BRUH,
FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO PAY TITHES.

YOU BELIEVE YOUR BIBLE SO MUCH, THAT YOU TAKE EVERY WORD IT SAYS TOO SERIOUS. ... YOU THINK YOU'LL DIE AND GO TO HELL IF YOU DON'T PAY TITHE, THATS WHAT YOU SCARED OF?

ITS UNJUST THEN, FOR RELIGIOUS MINISTERS TO NOT PAY TITHES TO OTHER MINISTERS CUZ MOST OF THEM ARE BUSINESS MEN AND EVEN EARN MORE THAN TRIPLE OF WHAT WE EARN.

I CAN'T EVEN FUEL MY BIKE, THEN I GO TO PAY TITHE TO A MAN WHO CAN FUEL HIS JET??
HOW ABSURD!

IF THERE WAS EVER A GOD,
I'M SURE HE'LL BE TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED AT THE WAY HUMANS DON'T UTILIZE THE BRAINS HE GAVE THEM!
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by allanphash7(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Lol
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by Annunaki(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
As a christian, you are not supposed to pay tithe in the first instance.
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by DeSepiero(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oooops:
I may have a different concept of how I pay tithe and I wanna know if I'm wrong....

I get my Salary say 50k...
I then calculate and remove my basic needs for that month (feeding and transportation) say 20k,

Then the remaining cash I remove one tenth from it for my tithe...
Is this practicable? is it acceptable? Bible scholars kindly assist because I wanna be sure I'm/have been doing the right thing...
Thanks

Pay to who? for what?
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by Oooops: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
Annunaki:
As a christian, you are not supposed to pay tithe in the first instance.

Pls back up your point pls.

Lalasticlala, pls help me get more info...
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by Annunaki(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oooops:

Pls back up your point pls.

Lalasticlala, pls help me get more info...

Church tithing as it is preached today is derived from twisting instructions given to jews in malachi 3:10 to tithe of their agricultural produce(not money). It was never addressed to christians and biblical tithing was not money despite the fact that people were already earning monetary income as far back as genesis in the bible.
Re: Is My Method Of Paying Tithe Acceptable? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

Pay to who? for what?

YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN, I GUESS NOTHING IS FREE ANYMORE.

(1) (Reply)

This Is True Life Story... A Living Testimony / The Biggest Contradiction Of The Bible / Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.