Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,092 members, 7,821,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. (49031 Views)

'My Bleaching wife, My Benin Witch'- Man To His Wife On Their Aniversary(pics / Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Totfulguy: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2016
I observe with disgust and repulsion the exhibition of a low self esteem by people who seem to have made a covenant with cream that bleach the skin. The saddest part of this misadventure is the fact that in spite of the poor result from the use of "skin toning" (bleaching) cream, there appears to be a mass migration in that direction by people who just want to be "white". Just to put things in perspective, MAN CANNOT FIX WHAT GOD HAS MADE and at all times, we are made in the best way we could be by God. The above truth can be seen in the FACT that 99% of the time, we see most "bleaching project" fail and the effort to "fix" what the adventurer (victim) considers a problem often goes south and the results are nothing but regret even if expressed or shrouded in an "all-is-well facade.
But this is not the focus of this message, it is the most reprehensible act of abuse by parents who also apply their "skin toning" (bleaching) cream on their babies. I have overheard a mother who said she needed her baby to be as "white" as her neighbor's child. Not long thereafter, her baby started looking "toned" (but in an awful way). It is not an act of love to apply skin-toning (bleaching cream) on a child, in a bid to force a child to be "white". It is abuse. Our parents raised us with Vaseline and palm kennel oil and (to God's glory) we turned out well. We did not become failures because our parents raised us the skin God gave us. Indeed we are better for it. I could compare the skin remodeling adventure by parents on the children to a gender reassignment surgery by people who felt they were born in the wrong body. Parents should let they children keep their natural skin. We do not have to be "white" and "whites" don't want to be us. My black skin is a beautiful organ to be preserved and protected, and not to be washed away. You will get to the "white" skin only when you bleach the "black". If that is anything to go by, which skin is richer?

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Fanirandele: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wow that's terrible and yeah it's child abuse, you can do whatever you wish to yourself as an adult but don't do that to a child

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by yvelchstores(f): 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
Cc lalasticlala pls push to fp....that is how serious this is. When my baby had a rash, someone actually suggested I apply funbact-A on her skin.I was shocked at such evil suggestion. I have actually seen a woman applying caro white on her children. That evil cream.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
End time parents.

Ndi uwa mmebi.

15 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Hemanwel(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
In Fela's voice: you dey bleach o you dey bleach; Yellow fever...

10 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by abumeinben(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
[code][/code]

All these modern day/GSM underaged mothers that we have these days....want to Americanise our babies...ended up getting wiliwili

4 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by deebsman1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
na so
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Yea, it's common with some set of peeps. You will always see their kids very 'yellow' after using funbact A and visible difference on their kids skin. It's dangerous biko

6 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by macino1(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
What do you expect when you have "baby/underage/fashion mothers" everywhere. With little or lack of motherhood skill

4 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Flexherbal(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Be proud of your skin. Black is beautiful.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by bedspread: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Only a WICKED MOTHER would do that
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Captain001(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
So sad...
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by INTROVERT(f): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Mothers do that undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by dramenda(f): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Really sad
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by godoluwa(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hemanwel:
In Fela's voice: you dey bleach o you dey bleach; Yellow fever...
artificial yellow fever

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Christane: 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dat z d latest trend in town ...mother's do bleach their kids skin dy al want their kids to be yellow ...it z a competition nw in dz modern age everibody including me wish for a fair child ...if u cant give birth to one use bleaching cream to have one.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by emydot(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dear mothers, stop bleaching your own skin and your baby's skin. For what does it profit a man in order to look like Michael Jackson and damage his/her skin. Be wise. Be natural. Say no to bleaching.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by JingoOAU(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
To even imagine that they are well educated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by tolexy007(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
wink
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by JOAN11(f): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
End time mothers gringrin
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by PeterPius: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bleach baby too??

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by kennyman2000(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hmmmmmm.... Smh for our advanced cream skin toner technology mothers.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by martineinstein(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's becoming a norm... Can't count the number of school children with sun burn... It's sickening

10 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by chynie: 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
a
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by melodyirish(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Pinshure or I no go believe tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Rebsy(f): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
yvelchstores:
Cc lalasticlala pls push to fp....that is how serious this is. When my baby had a rash, someone actually suggested I apply funbact-A on her skin.I was shocked at such evil suggestion. I have actually seen a woman applying caro white on her children. That evil cream.
Caro white? Dat mother must be very wicked! Can someone please caution dat woman, just in case she's ignorant? Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by drnairalov: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
grin thank God they bleach me ..now i am lighter than fanta

3 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by gunuvi(m): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
#teamcoconutoil.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
INTROVERT is a great mum. She didn't use bleaching creams on any of her 25 children. lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Kalvan: 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Oh shut up. While I find bleaching a minor's skin reprehensible, I'm tired of all these sanctimonious sermons on bleaching. Blacks don't bleach to look Caucasian; Caucasians don't tan to look black. These bleaching sermons come from low self esteem. We don't see Caucasians policing their race. Let people do what they want.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by debbie(f): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
I call it Inferiority complex, be proud of who you are and happy for your kids. Some of these mothers are not educated,some just show ignorance! Biko don't damage your baby's tender skin
#teamsheabutter ........AKA ori

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) / Would You Place This Bottled Water Sofa In Your Living Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.