Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. (49003 Views)

'My Bleaching wife, My Benin Witch'- Man To His Wife On Their Aniversary(pics / Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by canalily(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dnt tell mothers this! They care for us....tell this to our future wivesangry
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by oglalasioux(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
While I won't condone mothers using bleaching cream on their babies I think it is wrong to condemn an adult who wishes to. If we claim God created us as He wishes then I don't think He was fair to people born blind, crippled, half wits and pure morons. It's the quest to escape our ignorance that we go to school. Why do we seek education? We should have remained how God created us. Please leave people who want to change the way they are alone.

8 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by tonychristopher: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Totfulguy:
I observe with disgust and repulsion the exhibition of a low self esteem by people who seem to have made a covenant with cream that bleach the skin. The saddest part of this misadventure is the fact that in spite of the poor result from the use of "skin toning" (bleaching) cream, there appears to be a mass migration in that direction by people who just want to be "white". Just to put things in perspective, MAN CANNOT FIX WHAT GOD HAS MADE and at all times, we are made in the best way we could be by God. The above truth can be seen in the FACT that 99% of the time, we see most "bleaching project" fail and the effort to "fix" what the adventurer (victim) considers a problem often goes south and the results are nothing but regret even if expressed or shrouded in an "all-is-well facade.
But this is not the focus of this message, it is the most reprehensible act of abuse by parents who also apply their "skin toning" (bleaching) cream on their babies. I have overheard a mother who said she needed her baby to be as "white" as her neighbor's child. Not long thereafter, her baby started looking "toned" (but in an awful way). It is not an act of love to apply skin-toning (bleaching cream) on a child, in a bid to force a child to be "white". It is abuse. Our parents raised us with Vaseline and palm kennel oil and (to God's glory) we turned out well. We did not become failures because our parents raised us the skin God gave us. Indeed we are better for it. I could compare the skin remodeling adventure by parents on the children to a gender reassignment surgery by people who felt they were born in the wrong body. Parents should let they children keep their natural skin. We do not have to be "white" and "whites" don't want to be us. My black skin is a beautiful organ to be preserved and protected, and not to be washed away. You will get to the "white" skin only when you bleach the "black". If that is anything to go by, which skin is richer?
OK
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by tonychristopher: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
TO BE HONEST, I HAVE A FRIEND, HE KEEPS BLEECHING HIS DAUGHTER...I ASKED HIM WHY? HE SAID HE WANTS HER TO BE FAIR.....CAN YOU IMAGINE

THE GUY IS IKARE BLACK
THE WIFE IS PURE DARK

HOW COME THE BABY COME FAIR? PEOPLE HAVE STARTED SAYING NA IGBO BOY KNACK HIM WIFE......BUT BLEACHING IS BAD BE IT ADULT OR BABY
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by kceewhyte(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
undecided
Nikita1:
Yea, it's common with some set of peeps. You will always see their kids very 'yellow' after using funbact A and visible difference on their kids skin. It's dangerous biko
Nkita undecided
Nikita1:
Yea, it's common with some set of peeps. You will always see their kids very 'yellow' after using funbact A and visible difference on their kids skin. It's dangerous biko
Nkita
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by vicstar(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Perilous time
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by omonnakoda: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
Almost all Nigerians have this complex. It is shameful!!

You will hear Nigerians abusing Ghanaians about being "black" I find that really painful to think the damage that has been done to group psychology both men and women

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by BHM01: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
Anything Shea butter and coconut oil can't do for my kids is definitely not good for them. #teamnatural
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Mistermamus(m): 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wen d child falls sick dem go say na enemies handwork. Dat ish cn kill a child oh nawa 4 our ladies sha

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by nefertitiram: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
Right now I use nothing on my baby's skin, because of the heat. I used to use cussons baby lotion, super awesome product. Nice smell and very tender on baby's skin. And my baby is very yellow like pawpaw! grin

Sue cussons! tongue

But really, I used to use Johnson's products but it gave her rashes. In my opinion, cusson's is the best product for baby skin.
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by TheArchangel(f): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
After seeing " not to be used on children less than 12 years old" some peep will still go ahead. Then later they will go about pasting account numbers for donations for kidney, liver or even heart transplant. Ignorance...a disease.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by TruthHurts1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
abumeinben:
[code][/code]

All these modern day/GSM underaged mothers that we have these D days....want to Americanise our babies...ended up getting wiliwili

Dia own bad pass willi willi..

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by AreaFada2: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
You're joking, right?

How can any parent be so ungrateful to God after giving him/her a perfectly formed child?

Na wa o!
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
Why are guys complaining? You caused it all.. With my few reasons
1) You pay more attention to "white" Nigerian girls because you find them more attractive than the Natural ones
2) You comment and like their pictures on Facebook and neglect the Natural ones.
3) You dump your natural looking girlfriend for a "yellow" artificial looking babo.on because she is fair...

Guys shouldn't complain because we started the discrimination. Every girl wants to be "HOT" no girl wants to be left out..

#BleachYourSensesOut

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by ozoemenaca: 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
Its a shame when I see women trying to bleach their skin. Infact you see some of them looking so bad that you would not want to have any body contact with them.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by ozoemenaca: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Its a shame when I see women trying to bleach their skin. Infact you see some of them looking so bad that you would not want to have any body contact with them. They should please leave children out this

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by kevoh(m): 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
#Team.Vaseline.all.day tongue

Stay away from all body cream products that contain Hydroquinone! angry I preach Vaseline and original shea butter all day to family, friends and loved ones.

Thread has refused to grow longer than two pages as fast enough. That's unusual! Guilty conscience must be running rampant!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bleaching a baby is really extreme, not to mention pathetic, all because her neighbor baby fair-looking smh angry

I'm biracial Igbo, I'm quite fair skinned but I never got special treatment lolz, family n friends just treated me the same.

You got to learn to love yourself completely, that way nothing can bring you down.

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
kceewhyte:
undecidedNkita undecidedNkita
undecidedyes ke undecided
How may I help bro undecided
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by demolinka(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bleached skin, alien hair, waist trainer, layered make up, padded bra...Na wetin!!! When d body wan breathe?

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Acidosis(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
The people who sell these lotions and cream do not call it bleaching cream. We Nigerians are fond of calling every form of skin reaction "bleaching."

Someone mentioned funbact-A, I don't know whether there are two kinds of funbact-A, but the one I know is anti-eczema, and other skin stuffs.

That's how some Nigerians call La casera 'bleaching drink' and that it can burn one's intestine.

I've also heard people saying Coke and 'TEEM' soft drinks are meant for fat people who want to get slim.

Someone even said Coke is a stain removal thus it can burn the stomach.

Illiteracy/poor regulation is killing this country. People just throw all forms of irrational ideology at the people. Ask them whether they have scientifically tested any of these hypotheses. The answer is NO, why? A typical Nigerian will invest more on rumour than research.

If Funbact-A, an anti eczema cream, meant to clear reactions, end up bleaching your skin, why don't you report to NAFDAC?

Does it mean we know more than over 500 Pharmacists and other health professionals in NAFDAC?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by debola23(f): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thats disgusting.. When Ori has not finished from d market.
Ori mixed with FunbactA.
Pple mistake them for black african Americans.
They always look surprised when they ask me what cream I use and I mention Ori...shea freakingbutter.

Some mothers re not yet matured mentally to become mothers

2 Likes

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Totfulguy: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Kalvan:
Oh shut up. While I find bleaching a minor's skin reprehensible, I'm tired of all these sanctimonious sermons on bleaching. Blacks don't bleach to look Caucasian; Caucasians don't tan to look black. These bleaching sermons come from low self esteem. We don't see Caucasians policing their race. Let people do what they want.

I respect your opinion because it is yours. But it really got me into a bit of research into what "self-esteem" really is. Well I did google it and saw self-esteem described as follows, "In sociology and psychology, self-esteem reflects a person's overall subjective emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self". Based on this definition, I tempted to believe that self-esteem has taken on a whole new "definition" in your diction. If someone who was borne with a black skin, CONSCIOUSLY embarks on a process that will alter, change, recreate, reverse what he/she is ( as in bleaching one's skin)...It implies that the individual DOES NOT "esteem" the "self" he has. So am wondering why the "sermon" reflects "low self-esteem", while the act reflects "self-esteem". Can someone help out? People are free to do what they want and should be ready to face the consequences. When we choose a habit, we choose its consequence.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Targatarga(f): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fanirandele:
Wow that's terrible and yeah it's child abuse, you can do whatever you wish to yourself as an adult but don't do that to a child

Wa gbayi jare...
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by nnokwa042(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
Kalvan:
Oh shut up. While I find bleaching a minor's skin reprehensible, I'm tired of all these sanctimonious sermons on bleaching. Blacks don't bleach to look Caucasian; Caucasians don't tan to look black. These bleaching sermons come from low self esteem. We don't see Caucasians policing their race. Let people do what they want.
u must be ofe person for ur support for bleaching cream if u like ask alafin of oyo or akala alao grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Wallie(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
Sooner or later when health challenges come knocking they will start blaming some unseen forces! Here's a link to a paper that analyzed the following skin whitening (bleaching) creams:

Body white
Tura
Maxitone
Movate
Amos white
Top gel
Ultra clair
Fair and white
Ethidium bromide

ABSTRACT
Skin whitening (bleaching) creams are often used to deliberately lighten the skin in response to social pressures or for the treatment of skin pigmentation. Bleaching creams contain varied concentrations of hydroquinone, corticosteroids, ammoniated mercury and kojic acid. Prolonged use of these creams may have deleterious (mutagenic) effect on the genetic material (DNA) of body cells. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the mutagenicity potentials of eight commonly used bleaching creams (Body white, Tura, Maxitone, Movate, Amos white, Top gel, Ultra clair, Fair and white), using the modified Ames test (with and without metabolic activation) that uses the wild type Escherichia coli (0157:H7) as tester strain. The assay was examined for revertant strains of the organism with at least three alterations in the phenotypic characteristics of the wild type organism. Results obtained showed that the eight bleaching creams produced revertant strains of the organism with alteration in more than three of its phenotypic characteristics and compared favourably with the standard mutagen (ethidium bromide), which produced the same effect. Three mutation mechanisms (forward, backward and silent mutations) were identified. The introduction of liver enzymes (S9 mix) made no significant difference in the number of characteristics altered (p>0.05). The results of this study revealed that the eight bleaching creams were mutagenic in bacteria and could be said to possess carcinogenic potentials. Their mechanism of mutagenesis could also be by intercalation just as ethidium bromide.

http://www.ajol.info/index.php/bajopas/article/view/80929/71155

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by bot101(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Christane:
Dat z d latest trend in town ...mother's do bleach their kids skin dy al want their kids to be yellow ...it z a competition nw in dz modern age everibody including me wish for a fair child ...if u cant give birth to one use bleaching cream to have one.

*Holding my temper down* Your comment here makes me doubt if your age is above 15. If it is, then I really really doubt your capacity to reason independently.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by nnokwa042(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Tell that to alafin of oyo and his oloris or akala alao

1 Like

Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by kceewhyte(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nikita1:
undecidedyes ke undecided How may I help bro undecided
I like the lady actress
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Sunglass20(f): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Guys Na una dey cause this thing Na. Shebi Na una babes dey bleach to fine for? Mothers are only preparing your future wives to look more prettier Na.
Re: Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. by Maikey: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Caro white for a child is an extreme low... When dermatological problems come calling later, they will claim its from the village!

If its not Ori AKA Shea butter or good old Coconut oil, forget it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) / Share your experience about this torch light (Pix)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.