Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (35641 Views)

Finally, Glo Network Now Loads All Websites On Both Mobile And Desktop Browsers / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Bookiemart01(f): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
I personally want out of SMILE network but my router is locked to their network. I cannot afford to take another 23k to spectranet to buy a router. I want my smile router unlocked. Been dragging this with them since 8am, they said they do not have the code but I know they do.

Any suggestions?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by coolhumble(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
You cover ikorodu area?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Wagasigiungu(m): 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
I comment my reserve ☺since u guys are yet to extend your coverage to Kano-the centre of commerce. Your loss though. Smh
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Forwetinnah: 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
I'm sticking with Etisalat. ...others are con artist especially Airtel
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by tziz(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
Blackops:
Visaphone 1k for 10 terabyt ti take over.
Quantity in expense of quality(Speed)... undecided
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Blackops(m): 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
tziz:

Quantity in expense of quality(Speed)... undecided
If I hear...the speed for U.I pass normal 3G sef. Wey we dem boys dey use stream. Well it depends on the area sha.

1 Like

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by tziz(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Blackops:

If I hear...the speed for U.I pass normal 3G sef. Wey we dem boys dey use stream. Well it depends on the area sha.
Seriously? shocked
The speed here in Ph isnt dt powerful..
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by ace1(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
I use Smile here in PH. Nothing spectacular bout their speed. And their data runs like the speed of light. 2GB on Etisalat lasts about 2weeks for me with no downloads. With smile, 5GB lasts about same 2weeks with no downloads

1 Like

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by brightleave(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2016
shithapuns:
REDUCE YOUR PRICE,
UNLIMITED IS 20K/MONTH!
For those that remove the zero and it becomes 2k, how far?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
Drlumi:
Stop scamming people with your 'unlimited' plan. Its a lie.

I am a heavy internet user. I've been paying Smile well for internet for more than a year now, even though I know its far more expensive than it should be. The consolation was always the speed. So I kept enduring it.

But when they came up with their 'unlimited' plan claiming there were 'no limits', I was very skeptical. But they kept mailing me and claiming it was truly unlimited without limits. I called their agents who assured me that there was no hidden speed cut. So, eventually, I subscribed.

Less than 2 weeks later, I noticed that my speed kept dropping. Eventually, it became almost unusable- couldn't even open Gmail. At that point, they sent me an email claiming some 'fair use' policy and asking me to resubscribe if I wanted the speed. What nonsense? I've used internet in various countries. If it is unlimited, the terms are always clearly stated from the beginning.

I was so annoyed that I moved to MTN LTE which is way cheaper and almost as fast. I don't mind paying for good internet. But I don't want to be lied to. NCC ought to investigate Smile for that fraudulent plan.
mtn lte in Nigeria?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by heirloom90(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nigeria is a joke sir.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by heirloom90(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nigeria is a joke sir.

;DNigeria is a joke sir.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by JMystique(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2016
Please tell smile their coverage in Ph is poor, good in a few central places(GRA etc) but terrible in others. I've tried in Woji area and elelenwo wher I live.Address this cos Spectranet just came into town
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by airsaylongcon: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I personally want out of SMILE network but my router is locked to their network. I cannot afford to take another 23k to spectranet to buy a router. I want my smile router unlocked. Been dragging this with them since 8am, they said they do not have the code but I know they do.

Any suggestions?

They don't o. I fought them to a standstill and got nothing. Truth is the modem is subsidised by them and they are entitled to lock it to their network. 4G modems are pricier than what you paid for it plus they know u wanna go to spectranet. I even called the manufacturer in the US and ended up in a voice mail. But as a techie I am currently reading up how modems/phones are network locked. I must unlock it irrespective of how long it takes cos that modem battery out lasts spectranet's own

1 Like

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by BabaArmstrong(m): 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
And I dont have 3g since last night and no light since Friday .
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by 1kinggy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
Anytime they announce a city, they should mention the areas and the streets.

1 Like

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by 1kinggy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
airsaylongcon:

They don't o. I fought them to a standstill and got nothing. Truth is the modem is subsidised by them and they are entitled to lock it to their network. 4G modems are pricier than what you paid for it plus they know u wanna go to spectranet. I even called the manufacturer in the US and ended up in a voice mail. But as a techie I am currently reading up how modems/phones are network locked. I must unlock it irrespective of how long it takes cos that modem battery out lasts spectranet's own

I've been looking for ways to unlock too. Pls, carry us along. Other than the 1-year validity on some of their bundles, there's nothing to smile about in smile 4G.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Hybrid600: 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
mjay:
Smile should check it's frequency. It's no longer working on iPad Air 2. Ten gig lying idle. Am not smiling at all. It's like am conned.

Abeg where is your location so i'll come tap from the anointing.. it can't and shudnt waste na

1 Like

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Bookiemart01(f): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
Please let me know when you finally find something. I am also working on it here. I MUST UNLOCK IT!!!

airsaylongcon:

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Khez: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
Wanna buy? Call Kelvin... 07032363285

Smifi - 12,500,.comes with a 5GB free data ,connects close to 10 people sametime"

Router — 23000, comes with 10GB data,connects close to 32 people!
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
shithapuns:
REDUCE YOUR PRICE, UNLIMITED IS 20K/MONTH!
i dey craze?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by TruthHurts1(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
shithapuns:
REDUCE YOUR PRICE,
UNLIMITED IS 20K/MONTH!

You be correct G. At 20k per month how we go fit take advantage of Netflix?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by TruthHurts1(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
BabaArmstrong:
And I dont have 3g since last night and no light since Friday .

Smile na 4g. No need for light as far as you buy the smifi. It can be recharged with powerbank.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by honsule(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
Wagasigiungu:
I comment my reserve ☺since u guys are yet to extend your coverage to Kano-the centre of commerce. Your loss though. Smh

they will soon reach there. just relax ok smiley smiley
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by honsule(m): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
TruthHurts1:

You be correct G. At 20k per month how we go fit take advantage of Netflix?

Talking of Netflix my account was debited 9.9USD automatically after my trial expired on 14th Feb.i hardly stream movies, even though i have unlimited data.i will disable my account before ending of march .
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by honsule(m): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
ace1:
I use Smile here in PH. Nothing spectacular bout their speed. And their data runs like the speed of light. 2GB on Etisalat lasts about 2weeks for me with no downloads. With smile, 5GB lasts about same 2weeks with no downloads

Smile data burns faster than even Spectranet. Even when u reduced the speed to 1Mbps on manage my data usage,Makes no difference. i left mine on 21mbps cheesy cheesy i get 1-3mb highest download speed on IDM
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by miketayo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
martineverest:
haven't u heard that Nokia, Verizon and at&t are already testing 5G?

u said country, and testing can go for 10 years
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
How does the mtn lte work? Pls throw more light.

Drlumi:
Stop scamming people with your 'unlimited' plan. Its a lie.

I am a heavy internet user. I've been paying Smile well for internet for more than a year now, even though I know its far more expensive than it should be. The consolation was always the speed. So I kept enduring it.

But when they came up with their 'unlimited' plan claiming there were 'no limits', I was very skeptical. But they kept mailing me and claiming it was truly unlimited without limits. I called their agents who assured me that there was no hidden speed cut. So, eventually, I subscribed.

Less than 2 weeks later, I noticed that my speed kept dropping. Eventually, it became almost unusable- couldn't even open Gmail. At that point, they sent me an email claiming some 'fair use' policy and asking me to resubscribe if I wanted the speed. What nonsense? I've used internet in various countries. If it is unlimited, the terms are always clearly stated from the beginning.

I was so annoyed that I moved to MTN LTE which is way cheaper and almost as fast. I don't mind paying for good internet. But I don't want to be lied to. NCC ought to investigate Smile for that fraudulent plan.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by loomer: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Aminat508:
angry cry

Aminat, I don miss u o
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by scofield76: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
For those using d smile Cube, it can be unlocked 2 work 4 other providers' network, but the mifi modem can't be unlocked yet
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by TruthHurts1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
honsule:

Talking of Netflix my account was debited 9.9USD automatically after my trial expired on 14th Feb.i hardly stream movies, even though i have unlimited data.i will disable my account before ending of march .

9.9 USD rounded up to 10 USD is not bad even at the current exchange rate of 400 naira to 1 dollar. 10 USD is N 4000 which is still more affordable than the 14,000 which DSTV charges for its Premium Bouquet. And it is View on Demand which means you can watch whenever you feel like watching instead of waiting on a timetable like normal cable channels. You can even download content even though that will attract additional charges.

On the whole I think I like Netflix.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Aminat508(f): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
loomer:

Aminat, I don miss u o
miss you too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / Checkout Out This 9ja Made Game(babalawo The first Chronicle) .....(pictures) / Freetel: Japan’s Smartphone Enters Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.