Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (35645 Views)

Finally, Glo Network Now Loads All Websites On Both Mobile And Desktop Browsers / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Etisalat Data Network Now Abysmally Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by ichommy(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
Aminat508:
miss you too cheesy
hmmmm hmmmm

*Passing*
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Aminat508(f): 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
ichommy:

hmmmm hmmmm

*Passing*
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Atlantian: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
Drlumi:
Stop scamming people with your 'unlimited' plan. Its a lie.

I am a heavy internet user. I've been paying Smile well for internet for more than a year now, even though I know its far more expensive than it should be. The consolation was always the speed. So I kept enduring it.

But when they came up with their 'unlimited' plan claiming there were 'no limits', I was very skeptical. But they kept mailing me and claiming it was truly unlimited without limits. I called their agents who assured me that there was no hidden speed cut. So, eventually, I subscribed.

Less than 2 weeks later, I noticed that my speed kept dropping. Eventually, it became almost unusable- couldn't even open Gmail. At that point, they sent me an email claiming some 'fair use' policy and asking me to resubscribe if I wanted the speed. What nonsense? I've used internet in various countries. If it is unlimited, the terms are always clearly stated from the beginning.

I was so annoyed that I moved to MTN LTE which is way cheaper and almost as fast. I don't mind paying for good internet. But I don't want to be lied to. NCC ought to investigate Smile for that fraudulent plan.

Am on Smile Unlimited too, its scam. I called them to keep a cheque for me on the balance I have in the account, I am terminating my relationship with them in the next few days. The speed of the Unlimited Plan is terrible.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Atlantian: 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
Horlufemi:

Did I hear u say smile has unlimited @20k/month?
Actually 19,800
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by jahstech: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
d33types:

hello friend. you have not been outside nigeria. even the almighty at&t throttles unlimited data after 5gb.
only the grandfathered plans in the US have full unlimited data
Smile does so and they stated it in their TOS under the fair usage policy which unfortunately you did not read ,else you wouldn't speak as such.

meanwhile I was throttled after using 35gb with the smile unlimited package.i think they're better than most of the competition only outmatched by spectra net
Don't agree with you for a bit. I work with an ISP in this country 9ja and our unlimited service is UNLIMITED. When we are able to expand our coverage you would know UNLIMITED internet access is possible in Nigeria. Check my thread you would see usage stats from our clients, and tell me those stats are from a data capped network!!
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
martineverest:
take your mentality to the trash

I wasn't talking about you, just a joke so chill!
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by daphid25(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
Used Smile in updating my c8 marshmallow, super fast.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Horlufemi(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
Atlantian:
Actually 19,800

What is the speed like, and is there a reduction in speed after certain data cap.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Horlufemi(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
jahstech:

Don't agree with you for a bit. I work with an ISP in this country 9ja and our unlimited service is UNLIMITED. When we are able to expand our coverage you would know UNLIMITED internet access is possible in Nigeria. Check my thread you would see usage stats from our clients, and tell me those stats are from a data capped network!!

I talked to a customer care agent and she said they will throttle you after a yu reach a certain data cap. she didn't reveal the data cap.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by martineverest(m): 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
Kazna69:

I wasn't talking about you, just a joke so chill!
sorry, bro
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Bookiemart01(f): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Shed more light please

scofield76:
For those using d smile Cube, it can be unlocked 2 work 4 other providers' network, but the mifi modem can't be unlocked yet
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
martineverest:
sorry, bro
Is cool man cool
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Nastydroid(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
I have a smile mifi for sale,if you are interested pm.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by ace1(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
scofield76:
For those using d smile Cube, it can be unlocked 2 work 4 other providers' network, but the mifi modem can't be unlocked yet

I have the 4G LTE cube. How can I unlock mine?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Raphoeworld: 4:37am On Feb 18, 2016
Danish security firm Heimdal has discovered a particularly spiteful new piece of malicious software that can gain admin rights to a device and wreak subsequent havoc.

The Mazar malware has found with the capacity to obtained admin rights and takes full advantage of whatever it can infiltrate. It spread via SMS, make calls, read texts and delete the contents of an entire Android smartphone or tablet without warning. As at now, it is believe to be found only in Denmark, as the effect outside has yet to be established.

Mazar can have access mainly to devices where users have permitted untrusted app installations via Settings. So, if you have not allow this on your device then your device is safe from contacting the bug.

Interestingly, the malware cannot be installed on any device with Russian as its selected as its language and it has only be tested on Android 4.4 KitKat, so it's unknown whether Lollipop or the latest Marshmallow are susceptible.

http://www.panstech.com/2016/02/new-android-malware-that-steal-personal-data-discovered.html
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by jahstech: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2016
Horlufemi:

I talked to a customer care agent and she said they will throttle you after a yu reach a certain data cap. she didn't reveal the data cap.
CUSTOMER CARE OF COZ-INTERNET told you that or you talking of SMILE? Check the pictures on my thread, no need to say much, how many network in Nigeria would you be able to get up to/over 100GB data for 15,000 Naira per month?
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by scarr: 8:18am On Feb 18, 2016
WiFi device up for exchange with a mifi device.
Pls send me a pm
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by Horlufemi(m): 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
jahstech:

CUSTOMER CARE OF COZ-INTERNET told you that or you talking of SMILE? Check the pictures on my thread, no need to say much, how many network in Nigeria would you be able to get up to/over 100GB data for 15,000 Naira per month?

Smile. I knew they were too good to be true.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by uyiosas(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
jahstech:

If you are certain that you work in an ISP organization, then you need to be truthful about unlimited internet access.The fact that you even use Smile which is not where you work means you do not have faith in the ISP where you work. tongue.Lets be factual, there is nothing like UNLIMITED DATA fro any ISP..others have tried it and they went to sleep..Those that still have it on have capped theirs @ a max of 1.5mpbs (terrible)I bought the Smile unlimited bundle 3 weeks ago but i asked questions and they told me that it gives unlimited access and not unlimited data.Fine i have been throttled embarassedbut thats after i used up over 75Gb of data grin (Smile no vex),. Unless we want to keep lying to ourselves,which ISP gives you 75Gb 4glte speed for 19,800...Think about it before you start criticizing.
Re: Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba by 2shur: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2017
u.i bois
Blackops:

If I hear...the speed for U.I pass normal 3G sef. Wey we dem boys dey use stream. Well it depends on the area sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / Checkout Out This 9ja Made Game(babalawo The first Chronicle) .....(pictures) / Freetel: Japan’s Smartphone Enters Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.