Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? (3756 Views)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / Starting A Sexy Women Magazine In Nigeria - Example Photos Included! / How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by busman: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2006
I Need Information On What It Takes To Float Out A News Print

I have a very workable idea on the information to publish in a magazine, i intend going into publishing of it but i don't know the what it takes to achieve this in terms of the legal work, statutory laws, if it would mean registering a company,or who and who I would need to notify or register with.

Please I would welcome any idea, guideline or any thing it would take to get it done legally .
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2006
You know you're going about a business the wrong way when all you're concerned about is where to register your business with the government. The focus should be on your customers and what they want.

Most of the time you register not because it's compulsory but because it makes your business appear more legitimate. Registration is no big deal. The big deal is how to get Nigerians to buy your magazine with their cash.

See also: Starting A Community Newspaper. Good luck!
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by smartsoft(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2006
Doest that mean you woun't register your Magazine, can you operate without obtaining ISBN or ISSN what ever is been called huh ? cos according to many peeps they said is kinda compulsory
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by onyek: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2006
Do research on google or even quicker ask small time printers/publishers in Nigeria. They will tell you what you need to know
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by drrionelli(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2006
This raises questions for those of us not in Nigeria.

1.  I know that many languages are spoken in Nigeria.  Are magazines there published in multiple languages or mostly in one?  

2.  Which language(s) is/are the most published in Nigeria?

3.  Are there any magazines published in Nigeria which have distribution in the US?  Are there any available by mail from Nigeria?

Thank you for your assistance!
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2007
Magazines are published in English. Generally, Nigerians who can read can definitely read English.
Re: How To Start A Magazine In Nigeria? by drrionelli(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2007
Thank you, Seun! What are some of the more widely read magazines in Nigeria? To what do they pertain? And, how does somebody living in the US procure them?

(1) (Reply)

Why Some People Are Poor While Others Are Rich / Avoid Henry Omenogor. He Has Now Become A Scammer And A Dupe / Does Any Nigeria Bank Truly Operate A Toll Free Customer Care Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.