Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nairaland Call To Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Call To Action (455 Views)

A Call To Action: Why We Should Answer Tuface Idibia / Obiano, Before 2013 A Call To Action On 2017 Governorship Election / Call To Action: Agents Of Doom Are Set To Destroy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Call To Action by aprokomania(m): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good afternoon dear nairalanders. I have noticed with dismay that criticising the government of the day seems to be the order of the day. I am very much interested in criticising the government to make them improve, but we have been doing that over the years and yet the politicians keep robbing the masses with impunity.
Hence, today I say that the time for talking and complaining is over, we must do something about our leaders. I believe that online media is the ideal venue to make this a reality. The revolution in many countries started with a post on social media, and with 70 percent of Nigerians on social media platforms, we can make our voices heard.
I hereby call on us to thoroughly scrutinise our lawmakers, each of whom represent our constituencies at both arms of the national assembly. If we feel they are not doing enough to better the lot of their constituents, then we should immediately begin a petition to call them back home. By nthe time we do this to two or three of them, then they will have no choice but to be alive to their responsibilities and do what it is we elected them for. I will not be able to do this alone so I call on the entire nnairaland community to be a part of this revolution.
True change begins with you and I and not at Abuja. Let the revolution begin.
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
End time change.

Make I hear say person follow u....Pple r only fond of buying cheaper fones to come online n insult politicians which doesnt even change anything..

Lemme sit bk with my do***pe and see if anyone will join yu
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by Leboska(m): 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
My only problem is that pig head,dullard president.
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by aprokomania(m): 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
alanposh:
End time change.

Make I hear say person follow u....Pple r only fond of buying cheaper fones to come online n insult politicians which doesnt even change anything..

Lemme sit bk with my do***pe and see if anyone will join yu
I hope people join the movement. in unity we can do a lot
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by chriskosherbal(m): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
Yea I think you have point
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2016
Docility rests comfortably in the soul of today's generation of youths in Naija. I can recall clearly how a few saboteurs sabotaged a street protest I called for in an area sometime ago. Nigerian youths are lousy, pliable, unstable, reluctant, pleasure freaks who immediately stop worrying about their immediate socio-economic cum political environment once a drop of sweetness touches the tip of their tongue.

Sobriety is an elusive virtue with many of them. And I hope you know that anyone who doesn't spend enough time to pensively mull over issues which affect his surrounding would certainly serve those whom he should naturally lead.
Re: Nairaland Call To Action by aprokomania(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
WiseBully:
Docility rests comfortably in the soul of today's generation of youths in Naija. I can recall clearly how a few saboteurs sabotaged a street protest I called for in an area sometime ago. Nigerian youths are lousy, pliable, unstable, reluctant, pleasure freaks who immediately stop worrying about their immediate socio-economic cum political environment once a drop of sweetness touches the tip of their tongue.

Sobriety is an elusive virtue with many of them. And I hope you know that anyone who doesn't spend enough time to pensively mull over issues which affect his surrounding would certainly serve those whom he should naturally lead.
I understand you sir. however I do hope that we have pro active youth on this platform. at least I know you are one.

(1) (Reply)

You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. / What Would You Have Done To Yourself? / Don't Blame Buhari On Dollar Rising When...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.