Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. (4735 Views)

Eminent Nigerians beg Buhari: Save Nigeria From Imminent Shutdown - VANGUARD / Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Gbawe: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Abagworo:

I see no much difference between Southeast and Southwest in their senseless egoism. All of Nigeria contributes in making us Nigeria and we all equally must join hands to make Nigeria attain the level she should be in committee of nations.

All these chest beating and noise making will not take us anywhere.

This is true but it often becomes necessary, using verifiable facts and statistics, to remind divisive elements and ignorant braggarts that they are delusional and must begin respecting what others bring to the table. Every region is important but when the inhabitants of one begin to delusionally see and openly proclaim themselves "god's anointed" who are the "saviour" of Nigeria then that is the time for others to show them this is not so and that they are merely suffering from megalomania, based on nada, and delusions of grandeur not justified by the reality on the ground.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by proudlyNigeria2(m): 11:51am On Feb 17, 2016
Y'all should stop dis. Every day Na tribal war for Nairaland. Its messed up rily. I thought we r one Nigeria. Its hurts so much dat we cnt b happy for each other. I pity dis nation if we keep on going like this
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Nsonso: 11:57am On Feb 17, 2016
Alikote:
but ipob luv almajiri states so much that they,keeping building in kano kaduna abuja and migrating like there is no tommorow ..

Yes. We full ground there because almajiris ar myopic, mentally retarded, lazy & lacks acumen. They will never recognise any business opportunities. No wonder we hv many deserts there.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by fastestfinger: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
It takes only common sense for anyone to know that when you speak with such a tone, instead of being patronised, you will only force people to despise, boycott and frustrate your efforts. We need to learn how to speak and advertise ourselves without coming off as arrogant plebs.
This dude claims to be igbo yet you can never catch him saying something good about them.

He'd rather attack anyone who so much as paints the igbo in a positive way. He jumps in head first into any thread created to denigrate, disparage and cast aspersion on the igbos. He rushes in everytime with his unsolicited advice, telling us to bend over and get fvcked in the arse in order to be liked by the other tribes that inhabit this country.

Bro, i mean no disrespect...you need to shut da fvck up!

2 Likes

Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Mboi: 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
All I am trying to point out is this, "it is not much about what you say, but rather it is about how you say it," this is common sense but its sad that many do not understand this. Just in case you are still wondering why just about every other ethnic group in Nigeria do not really like Igbos, it is exactly because of the very attitude you just displayed in your opening post, nobody likes an arrogant person (and do not try to mistake pride for arrogance). If I wasnt an Igbo person and I read your post, I would feel very discouraged buying any indigenous product from an Igbo man. Hopefully you get my point this time.
You people should leave tribal sentiments so you can get what you want. There is nothing wrong in wat op. You can get a different meaning from his post because of your state of mind and your perception about igbos. Igbos are not begging for anybody's patronage , their products sell well within southeast and other African countries so accept the truth as it is. They don't need north and south West's patronage to succeed.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Olabestonic001(m): 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
It takes only common sense for anyone to know that when you speak with such a tone, instead of being patronised, you will only force people to despise, boycott and frustrate your efforts. We need to learn how to speak and advertise ourselves without coming off as arrogant plebs.

He has said nothing wrong here.
Honestly, we don't need to push them down because of their developmental strides. They need to be encouraged.
Let other regions also take a clue from them in these stride.
And that's what Igbo's should clamor for at this time not some foolish Biafra thingy that brings up a sense of hostilities against them.
I support buying made in Aba products.
I support other regions copying such stride.
At least devt are usually copied and improved on by well-meaning societies.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Mboi: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
wasiudvd:
And its still the same southeast people that want to import everything at the detriment of the economy.
seems you have not live in other region of Nigeria apart from SE.
Other regions house companies that produce locally too. You are talking of tummy tummy, is indomie imported? You talk of Hero, is star imported? When you go to Osun you will see a fine locally produce beer too (Trophy). Either a foreign company or indigenous company, the bottom line should be it is made in Nigeria. Regions where products such as cements (which we export), regions with ore should be have been boasting like this. I have live in the north, southwest, south south, currently in the east. so when I see thread like this, I can't help but laugh at over bloated ego.
Yes, its only Igbos that can save Nigeria economy, that is if they stop import at all cost culture.
What is this one saying, Trophy? Does that drink have taste? Which ore are you talking about? You people's hatred will not allow you to grow. What you southwest produce, that people build factories in your land does not make you the owner of the factory.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by obailala(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
fastestfinger:
This dude claims to be igbo yet you can never catch him saying something good about them.

He'd rather attack anyone who so much as paints the igbo in a positive way. He jumps in head first into any thread created to denigrate, disparage and cast aspersion on the igbos. He rushes in everytime with his unsolicited advice, telling us to bend over and get fvcked in the arse in order to be liked by the other tribes that inhabit this country.

Bro, i mean no disrespect...you need to shut da fvck up!
Truth and words of wisdom don't always sound like a melody in the ears of those being told. Inordinate exhibitionism is not a 'positive' attitude at all; while you think you are 'saying something good' and displaying a superiority complex, what you actually do is exhibit a sad inferiority complex and lack of esteem. But then, I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Olabestonic001(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Alikote:
parasite that feed the nation..tomatos onion beef millet cereal bean yam goat meat ..and accomdate million of economic ipob economic scarvenger selling fake spare part and drugs to us posing as real bussiness men ..bunch of criminals

Don't mink that folk jooooooo.
How can one say ALL NORTH are parasitic? They produce tomatoes, onions, yams, beans, pepper, watermelon, cucumber, carrot, garden eggs etc.
Most of our meats are raised from that side.
While many still needs to be done(especially to the almajiri menace), the North can develop by giving us foods, the SS oil, the SE technological devt and the SW a combination of all those.
That will increase the IGR, we will have made in Nigeria goods and our naira will gain against the dollars.
The time is now! No other day will suffice.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by obailala(m): 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
Olabestonic001:

He has said nothing wrong here.
Honestly, we don't need to push them down because of their developmental strides. They need to be encouraged.
Let other regions also take a clue from them in these stride.
And that's what Igbo's should clamor for at this time not some foolish Biafra thingy that brings up a sense of hostilities against them.
I support buying made in Aba products.
I support other regions copying such stride.
At least devt are usually copied and improved on by well-meaning societies.
Dont get me wrong, I support buying made in Aba products and I believe that when the market (patronage) grows, issues of product quality would be a thing of the past. I personally have a tailor designer in Aba who produces bespoke suits of superb quality. With the right patronage and support, there's no telling how great these guys can be. But then, regarding the Op's message, to you the tone of his message may not have sounded wrong, but a lot of people took it differently and the reason is quite obvious. I was only stating my opinion though in the form of an advice.

cc: Mboi
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by chiefobdk(m): 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
Stella okoli is from Nnewi. emzor pharmaceutical owner
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Olabestonic001(m): 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
Dont get me wrong, I support buying made in Aba products and I believe that when the market (patronage) grows, issues of product quality would be a thing of the past. I personally have a tailor designer in Aba who produces bespoke suits of superb quality. With the right patronage and support, there's no telling how great these guys can be. But then, regarding the Op's message, to you the tone of his message may not have sounded wrong, but a lot of people took it differently and the reason is quite obvious. I was only stating my opinion though in the form of an advice.

cc: Mboi

I'm Yoruba and I'm good at reading the meaning of words very well. We can never deny the fact that Igbo's love bragging (even if they are not yet "it"wink and exhibitionism. But, I think its in their gene to do that. They ain't gonna change even if we accuse them till day break. Its more adamic than you can imagine. The only way most Igbo men can motivate themselves is to show that trait. While this particular trait is heavily despised by Yoruba's, I think we need to accommodate their excesses. Next time don't just take their "mouthing" to heart. They probably are having a sense of "feebleness" and they'd just spike up their system with exhibitionism.
Let's utilize their good parts and discard of their bad parts. At least, relationship will work best when you both parties overlooks each others weaknesses and focuses on strengths.
And who said we Yoruba's ain't have our own weaknesses too
Let's continue to utilize their strength to our advantages rather than taking their weaknesses to heart.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by aresa: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mboi:

What is this one saying, Trophy? Does that drink have taste? Which ore are you talking about? You people's hatred will not allow you to grow. What you southwest produce, that people build factories in your land does not make you the owner of the factory.

lol... Only ibo beer have taste..

You people funny no be small..

1 Like

Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by Gbawe: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
Truth and words of wisdom don't always sound like a melody in the ears of those being told. Inordinate exhibitionism is not a 'positive' attitude at all; while you think you are 'saying something good' and displaying a superiority complex, what you actually do is exhibit a sad inferiority complex and lack of esteem. But then, I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying.

He will never get what you are saying or accept you as Igbo if you won't blindly and unthinkingly embrace his ethnic supremacist pontification which, in my experience, is over - compensation for real life failure and worthlessness.

I personally learnt a lot during the picture expose days on NL when many "CEOs" and "mansion owners" and ethnic jingoists/supremacists were revealed to be nothing but struggling and unkempt urchins. Those who are truly happy and fulfilled in life do not need to wake up daily thinking of ways to proclaim themselves superior to others - especially if they have to use lies and easily discredited arguments to do this. Fact is that every region has something to offer in the drive to heal our nation and secure her progress.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by tonychristopher: 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
It takes only common sense for anyone to know that when you speak with such a tone, instead of being patronised, you will only force people to despise, boycott and frustrate your efforts. We need to learn how to speak and advertise ourselves without sounding arrogant.

Just look at you...Oga don't patronise ....you have never been patronising but the guys in south east are selling ...so your patronage is immaterial

2 Likes

Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by tonychristopher: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
Pavore9:
Every region has something to contribute in order to uplift the economy, if the will exists!

Some regions are irredeemable ..do you want me to call names .?
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by drnoel: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
sirade:

Yeah. She donated a building in UNIZIK via Chika Okoli foundation.

Nigeria will be great if we can work on our religion and ethnic divides.

thats the biggest Problem of Nigerians, ethnic divide
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by obailala(m): 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
tonychristopher:

Just look at you...Oga don't patronise ....you have never been patronising but the guys in south east are selling ...so your patronage is immaterial
Some people just cant look beyond their nose to get a message; it's indeed a shame.

Oga Tony, I did not say anyone should not patronise, stop acting like a scorned wife living in a face me I face you apartment. I only advised that the Op use a more patronising tone or else a thread which should have bren a good thread will be derailed into a tribal battle again as usual. Even before the first page ended, it had already degenerated into tribal battle. Wisdom is indeed very rare, except of course the Op intentionally wanted it to be a tribal fight.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by wasiudvd(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mboi:

Trophy does not have taste, its Hero that have taste.
You are very funny, China owns all the factory in China? and come to think of it, who told you all the factories in other region are own by foreigners?
My brother, who is now hating?
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by gawu1: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
Alikote:
parasite that feed the nation..tomatos onion beef millet cereal bean yam goat meat ..and accomdate million of economic ipob economic scarvenger selling fake spare part and drugs to us posing as real bussiness men ..bunch of criminals
I had wanted to advise him that he should go home and ask his parents why they lost Biafra war to nigeria. Maybe he would understand how inter dependence we are.
Is ok the way you educated him.
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by payosehtor(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
This thread is about ''who is who'' in nigeria; if the ibo's cleims to be indispensable in nigeria, where/am i to intrude, parasites?i
Re: Only Igbos Can Save Nigeria From This Economic Woe. by obailala(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
wasiudvd:

Trophy does not have taste, its Hero that have taste.
You are very funny, China owns all the factory in China? and come to think of it, who told you all the factories in other region are own by foreigners?
My brother, who is now hating?
Mboi:

The tribal battle entered the beer parlour topic; Hero vs. Trophy, which beer one sweet pass? grin grin grin grin

All these NL Yoruba/Igbo tribalists una no go kill person grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Attacks Nnamdi Kanu For No Reason Despite Show Of Support By Kanu / AFAKA Barracks IS Not In NDA And There Is No Rank Called Lieutenant Commodore / Disturbing Video Of Agberos Forcing People To Campaign For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.