Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? (564 Views)

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? by okeke00(m): 1:16am On Feb 18, 2016
in as much i am not quite good in histories but i know quite well that there are many christians in Egypt. we are in 21st century and social media have made the world a smaller place.
""The Egyptians we see today, we shall see them no more""
i have heard many men of God and christians making such statements knowing quite well that there is a country called Egypt. even known that there are many christians in Egypt. i have wondered if there is any trace to any historical evidence proving that Egypt was once the greatest enemy of Christianity.
the world has gone beyond some certain issues and i don't see why Egyptians will still bear such hatred from christians. I was suprised when Ebola came to west africa and some Nigerian chriatians where saying it was a disease meant for Egyptians. please i need sone enlightenment on this
Re: Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? by dangote7510(m): 1:24am On Feb 18, 2016
Exodus 14:13; And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
Deuteronomy 7:15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.
Is not hatred my brother, is according to the scripture.
Re: Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? by Amberon: 1:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Hahahahaha

Op, you misunderstood those pastors. Whenever you hear someone say that, they are actually referring to any obstacle, hindrance, stubborn oppressors, limitation etc to perish not real Egyptians from Egypt. Sometimes you hear pastors praying for the death of the "pharoah" in their lives. They both mean the same thing.
Re: Is This Statement Right To Be Used While Praying? by okeke00(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2016
Amberon:
Hahahahaha

Op, you misunderstood those pastors. Whenever you hear someone say that, they are actually referring to any obstacle, hindrance, stubborn oppressors, limitation etc to perish not real Egyptians from Egypt. Sometimes you hear pastors praying for the death of the "pharoah" in their lives. They both mean the same thing.
and i am wondering if such could still be allowed at the jet age? imagine using nigeria as an explanation of obstacles or using Obas the same way pharaohs are been used

(1) (Reply)

Why Believing God Through Miracles Is Dangerous / Egypt Dismisses Minister After 'prophet' Comments / If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.