Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari (3713 Views)

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari / Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by thundafire: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2016
PARIS, FEBRUARY 17, 2016: (DGW) - President Muhammadu Buhari said Nigeria would have been in a deeper mess had former President Jonathan won the last presidential election.
The president said the humanitarian crisis that would have engulfed Nigeria would have been unimaginable. Nigerians, he said, would have been queuing up for food WHO at UN-assisted outlets.
Buhari criticized the manner his predecessor dipped hands into the country's foreign reserves adding that if he had won and continued in that manner Nigeria would have long folded up as a nation.
While recounting his achievements so far, the president praised himself for not borrowing to pay workers' salaries but has instead bailed out states which were unable to pay their workers' salaries.
Edo 2016: Click on this link & listen to Interview with IYOHA JOHN DARLINGTON presenting OSARO ONAIWU for Edo State Governor on Radio France in Paris.
Recounting his achievements further since he took over power, he said his government has paid all subsidy arrears owed oil importers since Jonathan days.
Speaking further the president said his government despite the ongoing crunch of oil prices, his administration has been able to maintain the amount of money in the nation's foreign reserves, unlike Jonathan that crashed it with almost $10 billion in 7 months following a dwindling in oil prices during his tenure as president.
The president said it would be absurd, illogical and irrational for anyone to think his government is 'useless' and doing badly despite the fact that oil sells below the half price when Jonathan was in power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by Elosky20: 9:03am On Feb 18, 2016
j
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by thundafire: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2016
Zombies

8 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by 49cents(m): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2016
Yesterday at Yaba, my business associate who imports says the mallams selling the dollars didn't have dollars to sell in the first place talk less of putting a price to eat

Well a new adminstrator voted on the mantra of change would naturally do things better at the onset; but in the long term, without effective economic policies we will arrive their most definitely and tragically too.

The only way out is regionalisation and concurrent exploitation of natural resources by the 6 federating units until then Nigeria is a boat waiting to sink

This N50 stamp money(i hav recieved 10 in the last one week) will be a buffer but then for how long

3 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by eagleeye2: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2016
I wonder what he will say, when it gets to #1000?

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by PAINGAIN: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2016
I don't think buhari and co have realised that they r now in power. They are still stuck in the campaign era. Buhari the fact at hand now is that things are worse than when jonathan left, period.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by NobleAngell(f): 9:28am On Feb 18, 2016
Sayyyy whaaaaaaaat? Is he serious ryt now? Meaning we shouldn't expect any form of improvement in the value of our naira? Meaning u have done your best??

Sorry 1 more quick and important question, who made this statement, "I will make naira to equal dollar?" Huh? I expect your answers next time you visit the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by CharleyCharley: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2016
Last night, I changed $100 to ₦37,000 grin grin
This "change" is somehow sweet sha grin

3 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by CharleyCharley: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2016
By June, it should have reached (& passed) the ₦1000 naira mark. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by Bishops10(m): 9:34am On Feb 18, 2016
385 per dollar I think Mr president is trying to
fulfill his campaign promise. # change is here

I will remind him of what he said when it reaches #1000 by next week

BTW oo.....Is it not time for This boy to send some dollars make I use start up this Building now that I will have enough gain
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by ademega(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2016
wailers won't kn this
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by mekaboy(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2016
You should have left Jonathan let us know if it would be 1000 how do we know since it was 210 when u got into power.

5 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by kingofchess(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
what is bubu saying self...APC is scam....they are worst than GNLD

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by Tunami(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2016
what is this man saying?

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by bravolyk(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2016
Well, we elected Buhari president, so I am no longer shocked by the stupidity of humankind.

5 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by Psylas(m): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2016
Sai Buhari

1 Share

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by tomakint: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2016
Blame! Blamer!! Blamest!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by phemmie06(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2016
You can as well implement the tactics which makes dollar sell for 350+ to reduce it to 150.
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by kepstone: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2016
Rubbish.... Rubbish, from one blame to another, from one lies to another, from story to story. We need productivity.We need our leaders to empathize with the common man at the street hussling life, we need them to empathize with those in the villages of Nigeria, we need them to be able to help bridge d gap between those who have and those that dont. The issue is not oil prices fallen down, the issue is not importation. The issue is our leadership is bad... Very bad economic policies not structure to help the common man, and the ramifications of this economic policies bounces back on the common man in the society. Look at our land so blessed, look at the endless opportunities we have in this country amidst all this that God Has blessed us we are still in backwardness as a nation. A times I weep for my country and ask God how did we get to this point that this generation has come to suffer to this point amidst all this we have.... What will be the future of our coming children. We keep passing this stuff from one generation to another, will our kid have a secured future in this land, will our kids dream to become whatever they want to be and it will be achieved... We have much in this land so I say, much in place without wisdom in place is waste in place.. We have wasted our resources... We long for other nations beauty yet we can not settle down to pay the price to create d beauty if our own nation. The unemployment saga, educational system saga, health system saga. Etc. God help us... We have changed political parties yet our nation has not change... Its not in the parties it is the unification of our dear country irrespective of who you are, were you come from.. We are one as a nation and until we realise this and have leaders who will rise up to push this nations forward with a true heart if service and sacrifice, we will remain like this to celebrate another centinary with oil price still nose diving... Together we build Nigeria not party rivary, not blame, not nepotism, not power by force for a region alone... We need credible and competent leaders at the hem of affairs. So help us God. I pledge to Nigeria my country... To be faithful loyal and honest to serve Nigeria with all our strength, to defend her unity, to uphold her glory and honour... So help help us God.

7 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by precious1967(m): 10:58am On Feb 18, 2016
old driver bad idea. new driver new idea. sai baba.

1 Like

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by lordthree(m): 11:00am On Feb 18, 2016
All those who voted buhari, I hope you are happy now, three more years of hardship and the funny part is these same idiots will still win a second term..

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 18, 2016
lol... even a zombie would be shocked by q statement like this if its true

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by fctguy: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2016
I think PMB is always happy talking anytime he travels out cuz he knows his estacode is enough to rake in millions for him with this dollar rise.

1 Like

Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by ademasta(m): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2016
undecided
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by dan9ice(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2016
Really
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by DOUBLEWAHALA: 11:32am On Feb 18, 2016
If to say na lai mohammad take dis tin
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by opeaceo: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2016
Where's the source of this article?? From the write up, where was it stated??
There are too many block heads on this forum, just too many.
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by youngaz(m): 11:39am On Feb 18, 2016
mekaboy:
You should have left Jonathan let us know if it would be 1000 how do we know since it was 210 when u got into power.
i don die see diz ogbeni ooo he shuld ave left jonah wat So dat dasuki,metuh,madueke,nd co can loot anoda round of 2.1 billion dollars abi....guy u must b a joker men cheesycheesy
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2016
Indeed, there is no doubt Nigeria would have collapse under the sub-par performance of the GEJ lead administration. Buhari victory halted a major onslaught by the forces of corruption.

#IstandwithPMB
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by teekay213(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
na lie!
Re: My Victory Saved Nigeria, $1 Would Have Been N1000 By Now - Buhari by emzila(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
I agree with that. if you think otherwise, pls tell us what you think jonathan who had even borrowed money to pay salary when oil was $65 per barrel would have done differently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds / Since Abba Kyari And Osibanjo Are Gone, Who Is In Charge Of Nigeria? / The Real Issues Surrounding Gov Obaseki And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.