Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds (3530 Views)

Osun By-Election: Ademola Adeleke Defects To PDP Ahead Of APC Primary / Edo Election Holds On Saturday - INEC / I Will Win Again If Presidential Election Holds Today – Buhari Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Voters in Ifako-Ijaiye Federal Constituency of Lagos State came out in trickles early on Saturday as the by- election for their new representative in the House of Representatives got underway. The by-election, organised by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is taking place following the death of Mr Elijah Adewale, who represented the constituency in the House of Representatives in Abuja on July 20. In some polling units visited in Ifako-Ijaiye early Saturday, few voters were seen waiting to cast their votes, hours after the polls opened at 8.00a.m. As at 10 a.m, only four voters were seen on queue, out of the 1006 voters registered to cast their ballot at Polling Unit 001, Ward-3 at Bishop Oluwole Memorial Primary School in Iju Area. At the polling unit 010, Old Akute Junction, some 30 voters, out of 1086 registered voters, were seen on the queue as at 10.30 a.m. In some polling units in Ogba, as at 9.45 a.m, voters were yet to arrive, with only INEC officials and party agents seen on ground. As at 9.45 a.m in Polling Unit 19, Ward 7, INEC officials were on ground but accreditation and voting had not commenced. Also in Polling Unit 18 Ward 7, as at 9 a.m, voting had not started, and INEC officials were seen trying to settle down for the day’s business. Advertisement At Polling Unit 009 Ward 06 on Lucas Street, voter accreditation started around 9.30 a.m., and many voters were seen waiting to cast their votes. Speaking to NAN, some party agents complained of late arrival of materials and polling officers, saying they had to wait for INEC staff. Mr Frank Igor, PDP party agent at polling unit 18 ward 7, said, ”I was here before 8 a.m waiting for INEC officials, but to my greatest surprise, they arrived by 8.30 am.” Also in the same ward, Mr Abayomi Bambo, APC party agent, said that INEC officials came with materials late, though security agents were on ground. Mr Patrick Eze, SDP party agent in polling unit 001 ward 3 said, ” I came here around 7a.m, so far, both accreditation and voting have not started as at few minutes to nine”. Meanwhile, in places where accreditation and voting had commenced as at 10 a.m, the card readers were functioning properly. There was heavy presence of security personnel in all the polling units visited. Town criers were also going about calling people out to vote. The last voter in the election is expected to be on queue by 2.00p.m to be able to cast his vote.https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/225443/low-turnout-lagos-election-holds
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by afanide: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
people are looking for money u re talking about election... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
APC will still win the bye election. D results will soon be coming in.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Tinubu has retired from active polirics, FASHOLA IS NOW THE JAGABAN OF LAGOS STATE cool

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
Tinubu has retired from active polirics, FASHOLA IS NOW THE JAGABAN OF LAGOS STATE cool
who told u that. U don't know jagaban of Africa.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
who told u that. U don't know jagaban of Africa.
and he couldnt do anything to secuee ondo state lipsrsealed
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
afanide:
people are looking for money u re talking about election... cheesy
but some people still come out to cast their votes for their preferred candidates now hmm.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by ImperialYoruba: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

grin. Fashola doesnt have the liver.

Politics is a deadly occupation filled with all kind of risks. He is a gentleman, the people he will manage at ward levels and constituencies are beasts with raw preying instincts. His demeanor is unfitting for their passion and the opposition like Obanikoro and Agbaje will, in just one election, sweep APC and its long tenure and legacy out of power.

Leave Fashola where he is at, making the circuit and blowing grammar telling people Sango cannot deliver 1kw of power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by timsTNA: 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

grin. Fashola doesnt have the liver.

Politics is a deadly occupation filled with all kind of risks. He is a gentleman, the people he will manage at ward levels and constituencies are beasts with raw preying instincts. His demeanor is unfitting for their passion and the opposition like Obanikoro and Agbaje will, in just one election, sweep APC and its long tenure and legacy out of power.

Leave Fashola where he is at, making the circuit and blowing grammar telling people Sango cannot deliver 1kw of power.

Lmfao
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

and he couldnt do anything to secuee ondo state lipsrsealed
see what's killing tinubu polically is greed. Jagaban is greedy and selfish. Even if u follow me very well last week, u will read my various reply that tinubu shot himself when he brought imposing culture of his life. Now he's gradually finish politically. Now his adopted candidate doesn't smell that seat in ondo state. What happened in ondo state will continue repeat itself in another elections. APC will surely be winning the elections if there's series of faction in PDP. PDP will continue to lose too due to their pride,greed and selfishness. It will surprise you when they destroy PDP and march with other party. It is the state governors that do well that will continue winning their states for their party.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
see what's killing tinubu polically is greed. Jagaban is greedy and selfish. Even if u follow me very well last week, u will read my various reply that tinubu shot himself when he brought imposing culture of his life. Now he's gradually finish politically. Now his adopted candidate doesn't smell that seat in ondo state. What happened in ondo state will continue repeat itself in another elections. APC will surely be winning the elections if there's series of faction in PDP. PDP will continue to lose too due to their pride,greed and selfishness. It will surprise you when they destroy PDP and march with other party. It is the state governors that do well that will continue winning their states for their party.
Fulani slave.
Must you always talk nonsense about Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Fulani slave.
Must you always talk nonsense about Tinubu?
frustrated wailer nothing good to type. But good in typing trash as expected. Continue typing ur trash hmmm.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
frustrated wailer nothing good to type. But good in typing trash as expected. Continue typing ur trash hmmm.
Eru Hausa.
Always talking from both side of the mouth.When Tinubu used his godfatherism to outmaneuver Atiku and Kwankwaso, he was not greedy abi?
Eyin Odale radarada

4 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by senatordave1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please can some one update us on the latest results and also on the rivers state. Rerun polls
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:

Eru Hausa.
Always talking from both side of the mouth.When Tinubu used his godfatherism to outmaneuver Atiku and Kwankwaso, he was not greedy abi?
Eyin Odale radarada
u will always type trash as expected from you. Please I want to ask since tinubu became a traitor what has you gain from his dictatorship hmmmm. U gained nothing but support dictator leadership. U need to visit medical checkup for referring me to hausa slave. Now aketi won last week gubernatorial in landslide victory without d help of tinubu. If tinubu want to be d grand father of dictator he should kindly be doing it in lagos state.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
senatordave1:
Please can some one update us on the latest results and also on the rivers state. Rerun polls
APC will win in landslide victory in the two states.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
u will always type trash as expected from you. Please I want to ask since tinubu became a traitor what has you gain from his dictatorship hmmmm. U gained nothing but support dictator leadership. U need to visit medical checkup for referring me to hausa slave. Now aketi won last week gubernatorial in landslide victory without d help of tinubu. If tinubu want to be d grand father of dictator he should kindly be doing it in lagos state.
The crumbs falling on your table was made possible by Tinubu.
If Tinubu didn't support the struggle of Aregbesola your paymaster at the Tribunal and Appeal Court, you probably would be somewhere hawking gala and lacasera.

4 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Why are you struggling to construct simple sentences? What is dictator leadership?
You are suffering from brain disorder.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
The crumbs falling on your table was made possible by Tinubu.
If Tinubu didn't support the struggle of Aregbesola your paymaster at the Tribunal and Appeal Court, you probably would be somewhere hawking gala and lacasera.
but ogbeni is not as greedy as tinubu. I know that abeg. It is the greediness and selfishness that's killing tinubu style of politics. Tinubu produce good people but his body odour in dictatorship is bad. If not people and d elites that begged him in lagos, he doesn't want fashola to spend two terms in government. If not senator mamora and d likes that begged him he didn't want fayoshola to spend two terms. Tinubu should retire from politics. He ought to handover since. He has been old politician in the game.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Why are you struggling to construct simple sentences? What is dictator leadership?
You are suffering from brain disorder.

abegi face front. I have not pick any tangible thing from your points hmmm. By dec. 23rd this year, we will be celebrating 13th year remembrance of baba bola Ige of blessed memory. So painful the hired assasins killed baba bola Ige. I know if baba bola Ige is still alive tinubu voice won't have heard.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
but ogbeni is not as greedy as tinubu. I know that abeg. It is the greediness and selfishness that's killing tinubu style of politics. Tinubu produce good people but his body odour in dictatorship is bad. If not people and d elites that begged him in lagos, he doesn't want fashola to spend two terms in government. If not senator mamora and d likes that begged him he didn't want fayoshola to spend two terms. Tinubu should retire from politics. He ought to handover since. He has been old politician in the game.
The problem with hypocrites like you is that you are intellectually disabled.
Instead of you ingrates addressing the real issue of how you tampered with the delegates list and how you also made 5 greater than 6 at the National Working Committee meeting you are here regurgitating innuendos and trash.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
abegi face front. I have not pick any tangible thing from your points hmmm. By dec. 23rd this year, we will be celebrating 13th year remembrance of baba bola Ige of blessed memory. So painful the hired assasins killed baba bola Ige. I know if baba bola Ige is still alive tinubu voice won't have heard.
Stop whining up unnecessary sentiment. Bola Ige is different from the issue at hand.
Or are you Fulani slaves insinuating that Tinubu killed Bola Ige??
That would be the height of it.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Instead of you ingrates addressing the real issue of how you tampered with the delegates list and how you also made 5 greater than 6 at the National Working Committee meeting you are here regurgitating innuendos and trash.
well I don't blame u frustrated wailer.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
it is very easy to identify a frustrated wailer. Keep telling your lies ok. It will help you. Sept. Primary election I followed up till aketi won in landslide victory was free and fair election. Even if you see the margin votes Aketi used to lead Abraham in the primary election was very much too. I watched d primary election live and direct from AIT. It was very peaceful. No one tampered with any delegates list. D painful part is that tinubu doesn't need Aketi again that's why he pick abraham to contest in the primary election. It was free and credible election. Tinubu I know very well is a dictator that will be disgrace again if he try to prove stubborn in his game of politics. I was telling some of my friends last week that if Tinubu died today God forbid bad thing ooo the sw people will move on. Infact the love will be tight. There will know be any breakup in sw. If I could remember very well Aketi and muiz banire and also femi falana was one of the tinubu lawyer then. Am asking why is that he didn't support Aketi during his campaign. He now anointed Bola Ilori that can't win even chairman of lg position to lead Oke campaign organisation. Now OKe and Ilori has failed again in his bid. Please what's their gain. They lose on everyside. Tinubu plan failed. If he continue that path he will continue fail. Frustrated wailer keep it up jare. Tell your jagaban that he should quit his dictatorship lifestyle of politics.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
it is very easy to identify a frustrated wailer. Keep telling your lies ok. It will help you. Sept. Primary election I followed up till aketi won in landslide victory was free and fair election. Even if you see the margin votes Aketi used to lead Abraham in the primary election was very much too. I watched d primary election live and direct from AIT. It was very peaceful. No one tampered with any delegates list. D painful part is that tinubu doesn't need Aketi again that's why he pick abraham to contest in the primary election. It was free and credible election. Tinubu I know very well is a dictator that will be disgrace again if he try to prove stubborn in his game of politics. I was telling some of my friends last week that if Tinubu died today God forbid bad thing ooo the sw people will move on. Infact the love will be tight. There will know be any breakup in sw. If I could remember very well Aketi and muiz banire and also femi falana was one of the tinubu lawyer then. Am asking why is that he didn't support Aketi during his campaign. He now anointed Bola Ilori that can't win even chairman of lg position to lead Oke campaign organisation. Now OKe and Ilori has failed again in his bid. Please what's their gain. They lose on everyside. Tinubu plan failed. If he continue that path he will continue fail. Frustrated wailer keep it up jare. Tell your jagaban that he should quit his dictatorship lifestyle of politics.
Your problem is absence of critical reasoning faculties.
You just lump issues together and start babbling around the whole forum.
Tell me when Tinubu appointed Bola Ilori as AD campaign chairman?
Should we also conclude that Buhari intensionally installed Saraki as Senate President by not showing up at the meeting
You Fulani slaves won because you used money to enticed people after using recession to humiliate them.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:
well I don't blame u frustrated wailer.
Dofos like you were eating from the crumbs of PDP before Asiwaju turn a single state party to a federal one.
Radarada ti o ra ason gbagi
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by alakara(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
What happened to tinubu/mimiko in ondo state this year is what will happen to aregbe in osun state in 2018.
write it on your mind.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ifako Ijaye Federal constituency Bye election total Results..APC-7652...PDP-1736.congrats Hon.Olaitan Akinwunmi Our Flag bearer.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
alakara:
What happened to tinubu/mimiko in ondo state this year is what will happen to aregbe in osun state in 2018.
write it on your mind.
another pathetic frustrated wailer spotted. Keep wailing and ranting. Osun state is different from ondo state. And let me tell you here the constituency that will nominate the incoming governor will come from osun west senatorial district. So you can rant and wail all over the tread ok. Pdp or other party will never smell that seat. Infact pdp have been defeated in the state of osun. Any where any day ogbeni is our leader. The man that will take over from ogbeni will be revealed next year or early twenty eighteen. So keep wailing. We are at peace here in the state of osun. So far no violence and blood shed.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by Johnnyessence(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Dofos like you were eating from the crumbs of PDP before Asiwaju turn a single state party to a federal one.
Radarada ti o ra ason gbagi
frustrated wailer u have not see anything yet. APC have win another bye election in lagos again. Next is rivers state bye election. So keep ranting.
Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by OAUTemitayo: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnycakes:
frustrated wailer u have not see anything yet. APC have win another bye election in lagos again. Next is rivers state bye election. So keep ranting.
Dehydrated monkey.
Tinubu's candidate won in Lagos.
I am not an APC or PDP mumu like you.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout As Lagos By-election Holds by omofunaab(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
Johnnyessence:

The guy that called you a slave isn't far from the truth.

First of all, Segun Abraham congratulated akeredolu after the primary thinking akeredolu won fairly but olushola oke and ajayi borrofice discovered there was fraud perpetrated during primaries.

Segun Abraham did the right thing by utilizing the internal mechanism of settling disputes. He petitioned the electoral appeal panel of the APC, the electoral appeal panel discovered fraud in the primaries and realized that the delegates list was tampered with. So they called for a cancellation of the primary and ordered for a fresh one. Why did Apc ignore the report of the appeal panel which they set up? Tinubu as a reasonable politician didn't say anything until the report of the appeal panel was thrown out by Oyegun. That is wrong. You don't do that in politics. There should be internal democracy.

I don't see tinubu as a dictator instead tinubu is a political mentor. He identifies political talents and ensure the right people are voted into power. Lagos state became the sixth largest economy in Africa just recently. But all tinubu's nominees for ministers were rejected and look at where our economy is today. .look at babatunde Fowler doing wonderfully well at FIRS.. He is a tinubu boy. The cabal in abuja has failed to identify talents to move our economy. ..Amosun couldn't have been governor of ogun state if not for tinubu and many others.. Awolowo also did what tinubu did But can you say Awolowo is a dictator?

This is politics bro, tinubu has the right to support whoever he wishes. Tinubu supporting someone doesn't mean he is a dictator..

But when he's trying to impose a candidate against the wishes of the majority then that's when you can say someone is a dictator but in this case tinubu hasn't done so.

See let me tell you, tinubu still remains the indisputable leader of south west politics and there's nothing anybody can do about that.
I stay in ogun state and i can tell you tinubu is more popular than amosun himself.. I come from ward 11 in abeokuta north local government. That's amosun's and obasanjo's ward in abeokuta. APC can't win ogun state with amosun in control. ..that's a fact.. Ask anybody living in ogun state here

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don Wanny's Mansion Demolished By Federal Govt. (photo) / Atiku Has A Good Case In Court! / All States Must Have Ruga – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.