Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now (1908 Views)

"Terrorist IPOB Is Just An ATM For Nnamdi Kanu"- Buhari’s Aide, Lauretta Onochie / "My Experience With IPOB Boys In Aba Today" - Young Lady / BREAKING!!! After Ozubulu Massacre, Another Gun Men Attack In Anambra Just NOW (2) (3) (4)

My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by valarinz: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
I just got a customised and from 'MasterCard', saying that due to system upgrade my ATM card has been deactivated. and I should call 08147351334.

At first I wanted to ignore, but I felt I should just sacrifice #50 from my airtime and waste their time a little, so I called the number and it went as follows:

Me: good day, I just got an SMS about my ATM card deactivation and I was directed to call this line

Scammer: oh, we're so sorry about that sir, what is your name pls

Me: Mr. Okafor (fake of course)

Scammer: ok Mr. Okafor, are you calling on behlfbof someone or is this your account you're calling about

Me: its mine Sir

Scammer: ok, can you please call "the long number" on the front of the card

Me: long number?

Scammer: yes its long and it covers the front of the ATM card

Me: do you mean the 16 digit number on the card?

Scammer: yes sir

Me: 5238 5384 7385 8473 1799

Scammer: ok (pauses and pretends to be looking up on a computer), we're working on it, what bank pls?

Me: stanbicibtc sir

Scammer: what's the expiry date written just beneath the numbers you just gave me

Me: 05/18

Scammer: ok(pretends to be working again), can you pls turn the back of the ATM card and tell me what digits are written on it, it should be three digits

Me: 716

Scammer: when u collected the ATM card from the bank, they gave u a pin to activate it with, can u tell us that pin?

Me: I wasn't given any pin, I was just asked to insert the card in the pos machine and chose a new pin

Scammer: sir, give us the current pin on the card then, we have to verify if you're the real owner of this account, after then you'll receive an SMS containing an activation code to reopen your card

Me: its 9999

Scammer: can u pls tell us the current balance on your account as at now

Me: 3.2 million naira Sir

Scammer: once again, we're sorry for the inconvenience sir, very soon once we confirm your details, you'll receive an activation SMS from the bank

Me: thanks

I know he'll be cursing me by now for raising his hopes, pls folks beware.

Attached is the SMS sent to me

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by StPete: 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Choi, the scammer is now the scammed

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Marvel1206: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
lmao, he go be like.. its 9999 now and it isnt going...

make we call am back? grin

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by valarinz: 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
StPete:
grin grin grin Choi, the scammer is now the scammed
e sweet my belle oo, I no go lie

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Psylas(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Good to be intelligent,

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Collynzo888: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
Lmao. Nice one....Foolish people.

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Nelkoko: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
How dem know say u just collect ur atm car? I suspect d bank guy wey give u d card
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by valarinz: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
Marvel1206:
lmao, he go be like.. its 9999 now and it isnt going...

make we call am back? grin

lol, my brother, I'm waiting for that eagerly
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Vicboi1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
Wow another business gone wrong for a scammer

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Mamatee07: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
Very good, I call them back sometimes too when I receive those stupid messages and insult them. Once it was an old man that picked it I was like at your age you are still a scammer grin

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by obasiken: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
The sad part of this story is that someone somewhere will still fall for this scam. Mugus are born everyday

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by divinehand2003(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nigerians can smell scammers a million kilometers away afar. We know all the tricks now.
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Alawe(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
you should 've asked him to send a you a card so that you can forward all your details to him
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by darkenkach(m): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ndi ara!!
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by ruggedboy01: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
valarinz:
I just got a customised and from 'MasterCard', saying that due to system upgrade my ATM card has been deactivated. and I should call 08147351334.

At first I wanted to ignore, but I felt I should just sacrifice #50 from my airtime and waste their time a little, so I called the number and it went as follows:

Me: good day, I just got an SMS about my ATM card deactivation and I was directed to call this line

Scammer: oh, we're so sorry about that sir, what is your name pls

Me: Mr. Okafor (fake of course)

Scammer: ok Mr. Okafor, are you calling on behlfbof someone or is this your account you're calling about

Me: its mine Sir

Scammer: ok, can you please call "the long number" on the front of the card

Me: long number?

Scammer: yes its long and it covers the front of the ATM card

Me: do you mean the 16 digit number on the card?

Scammer: yes sir

Me: 5238 5384 7385 8473 1799

Scammer: ok (pauses and pretends to be looking up on a computer), we're working on it, what bank pls?

Me: stanbicibtc sir

Scammer: what's the expiry date written just beneath the numbers you just gave me

Me: 05/18

Scammer: ok(pretends to be working again), can you pls turn the back of the ATM card and tell me what digits are written on it, it should be three digits

Me: 716

Scammer: when u collected the ATM card from the bank, they gave u a pin to activate it with, can u tell us that pin?

Me: I wasn't given any pin, I was just asked to insert the card in the pos machine and chose a new pin

Scammer: sir, give us the current pin on the card then, we have to verify if you're the real owner of this account, after then you'll receive an SMS containing an activation code to reopen your card

Me: its 9999

Scammer: can u pls tell us the current balance on your account as at now

Me: 3.2 million naira Sir

Scammer: once again, we're sorry for the inconvenience sir, very soon once we confirm your details, you'll receive an activation SMS from the bank

Me: thanks

I know he'll be cursing me by now for raising his hopes, pls folks beware.

Attached is the SMS sent to me
same thing with mine grin cheesy

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Ecoterrorism(f): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
ruggedboy01:

did spider crawl on your screen

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by ruggedboy01: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
did spider crawl on your screen
lol, my little baby broke my phone

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by valarinz: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
ruggedboy01:
did u call?
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by ruggedboy01: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
valarinz:

did u call?
I didn't bother to

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by meezynetwork(m): 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
So u gave me ur fake details? Lol
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by valarinz: 4:31am On Feb 19, 2016
meezynetwork:
So u gave me ur fake details? Lol

hahahaha
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Marvel1206: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2016
Lalasticlala grin
Password: Tonto dike, Snake, Olajumoke
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Marvel1206: 9:19am On Feb 19, 2016
ruggedboy01:

Wetin break ur screen
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by ruggedboy01: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2016
Marvel1206:

Wetin break ur screen
if u are observant enough u should have know I used my other phone to snapped my main line phone...... second time u are asking me this question. How old are you
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by Marvel1206: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2016
ruggedboy01:
if u are observant enough u should have know I used my other phone to snapped my main line phone...... second time u are asking me this question. How old are you

Am 65 tongue

I haven't asked you tho
Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by ruggedboy01: 9:35am On Feb 19, 2016
Marvel1206:

Am 65 tongue
lolz...... you are still young then cheesy grin

Re: My Hilarious Experience With An ATM Card Scammer Just Now by chubhiee: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2016
All these carders sef.

See What They Did To A Thief Who Was Caught Stealing Iphone In Alaba Market(Pics / APC Reports Fayose To NASS, International Community / We’ve No Fraud Information On Buhari’s Wife –US