Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,868 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality (633 Views)

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East / PDP Asks APC To Apologise To Jonathan, Nigerians For Lies, Propaganda / APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by IkennaNweke(m): 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Exactly five months ago, I did a post on our dwindling revenue, falling oil prices, glooming economic forecasts and why the then fuel scarcity might persist till December. Those who said they were for Nigeria and the only patriots did what they knew how to do best: Sam is bitter because someone lost election.
Today, with inflation at an all time high in TWENTY-NINE YEARS, I guess both WAILERS and PRAISERS are feeling it. We buy from same market. In fact, in same family, you have wailers and praisers. And never will I join the charlatans who insult President Buhari. Never. He was not responsible for this. His supporters were:
1. On June 12, 2015 I noticed a trending news on social media that Buhari has completed the TAM of Port-Harcourt and Kaduna refineries. A lawyer friend nearly fought me. I made him realise that even our Lord Jesus Christ can NEVER do a TAM on refinery in three months not to talk of two weeks. The guy wont budge. Guys, that was the beginning of the term, BODY LANGUAGE. They said okay, the president's body language was responsible.
2. The electricity. Because of our usual raining season, light was available in some areas and due to availability of gas, our compatriots started saying the president's body language was responsible. As dry season sent in and oil revenue plumetted, power dropped. Where is body language?
3. A lady said in April last year that if Buhari did not bring back Chibok girls by June, I should stop talking to her. I said terrorism is not a conventional war. She told me I was a PDP apologist. One man who regularly comes to this wall reminded me that Buhari routed Maitatsine in 1980. He will do it again. Today, Boko Haram is becoming more daring. You don't defeat terrorism by words of mouth.
4. We are about spending savings from pension funds saved by the last government. Yet, the same government said it had recovered TWO TRILLION NAIRA from looters. If you have that kind of money, then the country does not have to borrow. N2trn is entire budget of about TWELVE states in a year.
5.The president during the campaign said he would make 1 dollar to 1 naira. Many of us believed. Even my 12 year-old daughter knew that was not possible yet, Master degree holders believed it!
My Take:
Propaganda wins elections and works the crowd. But it does NOT run government. It is about what you CAN do. Governance is about what has BEEN DONE. It is there to see for everybody.It is tough. Buhari inherited a difficult economy and to worsen matters, revenue dropped when he came in. But those who keep saying he has one magic wand somewhere to turn things round are HIS GREATEST ENEMIES.
Copied from a friend's Facebook page.
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by psucc(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
We are sorry to have elected Buhari. Truth be told.
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by engrflames: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
Don't expect anything serious from Buhari led administration, this present government is built on lies, deceit and propagandas without no economic direction. May Almighty God deliver us from their evil nest, Amen.
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by chriskosherbal(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
The Nigerian economy needs divine intervention to eradicate corruptipn.
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by obailala(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
IkennaNweke:

Exactly five months ago, I did a post on our dwindling revenue, falling oil prices, glooming economic forecasts and why the then fuel scarcity might persist till December. Those who said they were for Nigeria and the only patriots did what they knew how to do best: Sam is bitter because someone lost election.
Today, with inflation at an all time high in TWENTY-NINE YEARS, I guess both WAILERS and PRAISERS are feeling it. We buy from same market. In fact, in same family, you have wailers and praisers. And never will I join the charlatans who insult President Buhari. Never. He was not responsible for this. His supporters were:
1. On June 12, 2015 I noticed a trending news on social media that Buhari has completed the TAM of Port-Harcourt and Kaduna refineries. A lawyer friend nearly fought me. I made him realise that even our Lord Jesus Christ can NEVER do a TAM on refinery in three months not to talk of two weeks. The guy wont budge. Guys, that was the beginning of the term, BODY LANGUAGE. They said okay, the president's body language was responsible.
2. The electricity. Because of our usual raining season, light was available in some areas and due to availability of gas, our compatriots started saying the president's body language was responsible. As dry season sent in and oil revenue plumetted, power dropped. Where is body language?
3. A lady said in April last year that if Buhari did not bring back Chibok girls by June, I should stop talking to her. I said terrorism is not a conventional war. She told me I was a PDP apologist. One man who regularly comes to this wall reminded me that Buhari routed Maitatsine in 1980. He will do it again. Today, Boko Haram is becoming more daring. You don't defeat terrorism by words of mouth.
4. We are about spending savings from pension funds saved by the last government. Yet, the same government said it had recovered TWO TRILLION NAIRA from looters. If you have that kind of money, then the country does not have to borrow. N2trn is entire budget of about TWELVE states in a year.
5.The president during the campaign said he would make 1 dollar to 1 naira. Many of us believed. Even my 12 year-old daughter knew that was not possible yet, Master degree holders believed it!
My Take:
Propaganda wins elections and works the crowd. But it does NOT run government. It is about what you CAN do. Governance is about what has BEEN DONE. It is there to see for everybody.It is tough. Buhari inherited a difficult economy and to worsen matters, revenue dropped when he came in. But those who keep saying he has one magic wand somewhere to turn things round are HIS GREATEST ENEMIES.
Copied from a friend's Facebook page.
1. It was never reported that Buhari or anyone carried out TAM on any refinery; even Buhari himself denied that he did anything when he was asked in an interview. So it is not anyone's fault that your friend (who wrote this on facebook) chose to seek his info from gutter sources.

2. Power improved a bit in the said period because gas supply was stabilised and of course, it was also rainy season. Oh yes, body language worked a bit there because those responsible for these services were still weary of what a Buhari presidency would entail. Unfortunately, the fear of Buhari seems to have died down with time and things are getting back to normal.

3. Right, terrorism is not a conventional war, since those girls weren't rescued within the first one month, the chances of them ever being rescued is low (but not zero). Furthermore, Bokoharam is not being more daring as claimed by the author, their abilities have been greatly decimated. But being an unconventional war, isolated bombings here and there may never stop.

4. Nobody said they recovered 2 trillion naira from looters. Once again, people should stop gathering info from gutter blogs. TSA funds are not looted funds, they are only government funds deposited in multiple accounts but which are now put in a single pot. The funds belonged to different government agencies and still belong to the same diverse government agencies. TSA funds are not disposable cash which the FG can just dip its hands into, so yes, the budget cannot be funded with it.

5. Buhari never said he would make $1 = N1, Buhari only lamented the fallen value of the naira, but obviously it is only pained losers that hold on to this false report.

Elections are over, it's time for some of you Buhari haters to understand that Buhari is now the president and peddling lies and distorted info would not in any way help your ministry, neither would it remove Buhari from the presidency before 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by greatiyk4u(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
obailala:

1. It was never reported that Buhari or anyone carried out TAM on any refinery; even Buhari himself denied that he did anything when he was asked in an interview. So it is not anyone's fault that your friend (who wrote this on facebook) chose to seek his info from gutter sources.

2. Power improved a bit in the said period because gas supply was stabilised and of course, it was also rainy season. Oh yes, body language worked a bit there because those responsible for these services were still weary of what a Buhari presidency would entail. Unfortunately, the fear of Buhari seems to have died down with time and things are getting back to normal.

3. Right, terrorism is not a conventional war, since those girls weren't rescued within the first one month, the chances of them ever being rescued is low (but not zero). Furthermore, Bokoharam is not being more daring as claimed by the author, their abilities have been greatly decimated. But being an unconventional war, isolated bombings here and there may never stop.

4. Nobody said they recovered 2 trillion naira from looters. Once again, people should stop gathering info from gutter blogs. TSA funds are not looted funds, they are only government funds deposited in multiple accounts but which are now put in a single pot. The funds belonged to different government agencies and still belong to the same diverse government agencies. TSA funds are not disposable cash which the FG can just dip its hands into, so yes, the budget cannot be funded with it.

5. Buhari never said he would make $1 = N1, Buhari only lamented the fallen value of the naira, but obviously it is only pained losers that hold on to this false report.

Elections are over, it's time for some of you Buhari haters to understand that Buhari is now the president and peddling lies and distorted info would not in any way help your ministry, neither would it remove Buhari from the presidency before 2019.

Epic
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by Sibrah: 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
OP, are u blaming Buhari for our current state?
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by LordAdam: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
engrflames:
Don't expect anything serious from Buhari led administration, this present government is built on lies, deceit and propagandas without no economic direction. May Almighty God deliver us from their evil nest, Amen.

After putting yourself in their nest with glee, you want God to deliver you. Do you think God is stupid?

Don't think of how to help yourself, wait for your man with beards in the clouds to wave a magic wand.

Did God help Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah), Qatar, Brazil, China, India, Mexico to transform them from the pits of darkness and backwardness in the 60s-80s to what the economy heavyweights that they are today?

-Lord
Re: Nigerian Economy: Between Lies/propaganda And Reality by dgr8truth(m): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Owo Must Produce Next Ondo Governor – Indigenes / Modu Sheriff Rides Out Tenure As PDP Acting Chair / Ali Sheriff Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire - FFK Reacts To Threats By Ali Modu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.