Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

New York Times Special On Nollywood - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New York Times Special On Nollywood (34462 Views)

Bbnaija: Bisola Wins One.org Campaigner, With A Trip To New York / Is There Anything I Have Not Written On Nollywood And Nigerian Film Industry? / The Big Weekend Show Highlights 88th Academy Awards Special On Startimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by omolola15(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2016
preselect:

na small small. i feel you though. i hardly watch nollywood movies bc they dont impress me. poor quality etc. but look at it another way, go watch the 1993 movie "living in bondage". you'll see that they have improved a lot. they improved bc the nigerian people supported them. many africans watch nigerian movies.
this means if we support our own, they will improve with time.

It is very simple. They should go abroad and learn how to shoot good movies. Especially in the aspect of effect. That's what makes movies interesting. I'm thinking you have seen lots of super hero movies. Let's take Smallville as an example. The effects in that movie are outta this world. And it looks so real. Now that's a movie. Do you also know that accidents happen almost the same way in Nigeria movies. The car will be going from left to right on the main road after some mins it'll stop beside the Bush. Then they'll start singing and showing dead bodies. And you won't see a single dent on the car.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by omolola15(m): 7:42am On Feb 19, 2016
larrypourl:
We are getting there.

I pray oooooo. When una don reach there kindly alert me so that I'll start watching again.
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by Simonblackstay(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
It's just matter of time tho
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by Octaves(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ruqal:

It's late already, plus even Nollywood is influenced by Hollywood.
if they start working towards that coupled with the govt. exerting it's influence politically, militarilly, economically and technology in Africa, then we can boast of being the supreme African power
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by sam90s(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
I believe a lot of things too, however, if you aren't stating that as a fact, say so, cos I'll be honest though, I do not know this as matter of fact, I'm just applying common sense here, I've never heard anyone made reference to 1200naira as 'thousands' of naira, or 110 years being called 'hundreds' of years, just saying bro.

moshoodn:

I believe anything above 1 should be pluralised... Look at Pirate of the Caribbean: Dead man chest and On stranger tides are above the 1 billion dollar mark. The avenger: age of ultron, Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows, Frozen, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Park, and the others.

You know 1.xx billion can be called billions? So we can clear out on issue of plural.
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by winniz: 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
[s][/s]TeamSimple:

Stop being arrogant and silly @ the same time. Where did I make mention of the Yoruba movie as being part of nollywood?
My point is not about Yoruba movies and it's relationship with nollywood,but u claiming nollywood belongs to ndi watever sounds childish and myopic and that's why I gave you short list of nollywood actors that ain't igbo and by far better and more popular than the igbos we have in nollywood.

NB: stop claiming what is collectively owned and supported by every tribe in Nigeria,Igbos contribute as much as other tribes do in Nollywood. And please what is happening to pure igbo speaking movies? How widely accepted is it?
The last time I checked Kunle Afolayan and Funke Akidele (Jenifa) are still both yorubas. Of which you can't overstress their contributions to nollywood in the international market and cinemas.[s][/s]

Igbos created Nollywood and it belongs to Igbos. your so called Funke is a Yorubawood actress. Your Kunle or whatever met a booming Nollywood industry.
Hausa have their Kanny wood, Igbos own Nollywood, so go and grow una own Yorubawood industry and stop doing attache by force to an Industry you never contributed towards its growth.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by ipledge10(m): 1:27am On Feb 20, 2016
What can I say...but the way my east Africans like nollywood ehn
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by preselect(m): 11:38am On Feb 20, 2016
omolola15:

It is very simple. They should go abroad and learn how to shoot good movies. Especially in the aspect of effect. That's what makes movies interesting. I'm thinking you have seen lots of super hero movies. Let's take Smallville as an example. The effects in that movie are outta this world. And it looks so real. Now that's a movie. Do you also know that accidents happen almost the same way in Nigeria movies. The car will be going from left to right on the main road after some mins it'll stop beside the Bush. Then they'll start singing and showing dead bodies. And you won't see a single dent on the car.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2016
TeamSimple:

Stop being sarcastic,even Amagic Hausa got the nod ahead of Amagic Igbo which came last. Or your fish mind thinks only igbos represent in english movies? Infact most legends of nollywood ain't igbo.
Olu Jacobs
Joke silva
Rita dominic
Desmond eliot
Mercy Johnson
Ini edo
Omotola
Segun arinze,etc
NB other tribes put as much as the igbos in nollywood. But when it comes to native language speaking movies Yoruba,Hausa then Igbo comes in that order.

@bolded....haven't you heard the popular adage "SAVE THE BEST FOR THE LAST" tongue tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 21, 2016
oboy3:
Dont you think you are a lil bit old to be exhibiting '' Ostrich Wisdom''?

Be honest,when you hear the mention of Nollywood,what comes to your mind?

Heck,your actors have even refused to called Nollywood actors,Nairaland can bear me witness,when reporting stories about yoruba or Hausa actors,it is either ''yoruba actor baba suwe or kannywood actor blah blah blah,duh duh duh,they are never called nollywood actors

now Nollywood is being recognise internationally,una want to claim relationship,Ndi ori

Don't mind the bigot!
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by Masterclass32: 7:08am On Feb 21, 2016
lawanson44:

@bolded....haven't you heard the popular adage "SAVE THE BEST FOR THE LAST" tongue tongue

Right on point.
Re: New York Times Special On Nollywood by KweenSisan(f): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
winniz:

Igbos created Nollywood and it belongs to Igbos. your so called Funke is a Yorubawood actress. Your Kunle or whatever met a booming Nollywood industry.
Hausa have their Kanny wood, Igbos own Nollywood, so go and grow una own Yorubawood industry and stop doing attache by force to an Industry you never contributed towards its growth.
..who's this racist#searchy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ilebaye, Cross Kissing Passionately In Swimming Pool (Photos) / BBNaija: Seyi, Grandson Of Awolowo Sets Standards For Youth Development / BBNaija: Fans Disappointed With Frodd For Dumping Venita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.