Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! (2536 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Outofsync(m): 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
The Pope has questioned US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's Christianity over his call to build a border wall with Mexico.
Pope Francis said "a person who thinks only about building walls... and not of building bridges, is not Christian".
The New York businessman supports deporting nearly 11 million undocumented immigrants.
Calling himself a "proud Christian", Mr Trump blamed Mexico for the Pope's remarks, calling them "disgraceful". Mr Trump has alleged that Mexico sends "rapists" and criminals to the US.
Pope Francis made the comments at the end of a trip to Mexico. "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not of building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel," he said.

Source: www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35607597
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by analice107: 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
Outofsync:
The Pope has questioned US Republican
presidential candidate Donald Trump's
Christianity over his call to build a border
wall with Mexico.

Pope Francis said "a person who thinks only
about building walls... and not of building
bridges, is not Christian".

The New York businessman supports
deporting nearly 11 million undocumented
immigrants.

Calling himself a "proud Christian", Mr Trump
blamed Mexico for the Pope's remarks,
calling them "disgraceful".
Mr Trump has alleged that Mexico sends
"rapists" and criminals to the US.

Pope Francis made the comments at the end
of a trip to Mexico.
"A person who thinks only about building
walls, wherever they may be, and not of
building bridges, is not Christian. This is not
the gospel," he said.

Source: www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35607597
I can't believe someone like the Pope can question another Person's Christianity. Is he a Christian? He is the false prophet to the anti-christ. He is all over the place propagating the policies of the Anti-Christ. Strengthening the structure of the One World Order. Denying Christ and weakened Christianity.
When folk are talking about Christianity, Pope Francis shd keep quiet. He is a Catholic, not a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2016
analice107:

I can't believe someone like the Pope can question another Person's Christianity. Is he a Christian? He is the false prophet to the anti-christ. He is all over the place propagating the policies of the Anti-Christ. Strengthening the structure of the One World Order. Denying Christ and weakened Christianity.
When folk are talking about Christianity, Pope Francis shd keep quiet. He is a Catholic, not a Christian.
yaba left,one of your own,have escaped

6 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by johnw74: 6:03am On Feb 19, 2016
Being a Christian is not about whether you want to build walls or not,
it's about having faith in Jesus Christ.

The pope may not know much about true Christianity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 6:37am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

Being Christian is about Faith and action!

Matt25:34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

The Pope obviously knows far more about Christianity than you and all your pastorpreneurs put together.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

how can u be a Christian without building bridge to cater for other unbelievers. But you can build wall so that only u can enter the kingdom of God? Remember the story of the good samaritan. You pentecostals are so self centred that you claim to love God so much but don't care about what happens to you neighbors. Is that what Christ thought us. What is the meaning of Christian as defined by the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by johnw74: 7:20am On Feb 19, 2016
italo:

Matt25:34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

The Pope obviously knows far more about Christianity than you and all your pastorpreneurs put together.

@blue, yet he said to Donald Trump who claims belief in Jesus Christ,
that he is not a Christian.
The popes accusation was not Christian.

1 Like

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

bros learn to see Christianity outside the box. Christianity goes beyond just praying, prasing and having faith. But the greatest commandment is LOVE OF GOD AND LOVE OF MAN. You pentecostals love God so much but you hate your fellow men. That's why you are pray that your enemies should die but Catholics won't do that instead we pray that they change and the see the goodness of God.
You people raise your offerings up so that you feels God will bless the highest donor but you forgot the story of the widow who put in her last penny. That's Catholic cos no body offers anything in the Catholic Church with open hands. What we offer is between me and my God.
You people pray to God in loud voices thinking God is deaf like they god of baal. But Christ whom we follow said before we ask he knew what we want and we should pray silently. In sincerity of your heart is mathew 15:8 not telling you that it's referring to you pentecostal? Cos you praise God for people to see you but catholics don't and that's why their mass or service is 'boring' to you anti catholics

3 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

The Pope said nothing to Donald Trump. Post the full transcript of the question and his answer and let's see.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by porka: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2016
italo:

The Pope said nothing to Donald Trump. Post the full transcript of the question and his answer and let's see.

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,”

“I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that,” Francis said. “We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.”‎

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/19/world/americas/pope-francis-donald-trump-christian.html?referer=https://www.google.com/search?q=pope francis said trump is not a christian&hl=en-US&gws_rd=ssl
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by porka: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Empredboy:
how can u be a Christian without building bridge to cater for other unbelievers. But you can build wall so that only u can enter the kingdom of God? Remember the story of the good samaritan. You pentecostals are so self centred that you claim to love God so much but don't care about what happens to you neighbors. Is that what Christ thought us. What is the meaning of Christian as defined by the Bible?

Is the Vatican City not walled?

How many refugees from Syria have been housed by Pope Francis at the Vatican?
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

do u understand idiom so? Are you for real? Is it the physical wall they are talking about? Interpret what Jesus said.. Destroy this temple but in 3 days time I will rebuild it. Do you know how much Catholic sends every year as charity? Do you sacrifices men and women of the church do every year for the gospel? Missionary of St Paul (msp), Jesuit, Dominican, sis of Jesus, redemptionist etc can your pastors leave their families (I mean comfort zones) and live in Somalia, Burundi and other rural areas for the sake of the gospel? Tell me is redeem, winners, deeper life, and so on in Somalia, Uganda, Burundi, and other hungry nations? But your pastors left their comfort zone (Nigeria) for a super comfort zone(like USA, England, South Africa) claiming they are preaching the word of GOD to people who brought it to us (African). Forgotten that Christ intentions is that the world will spread till the end of the earth but the catholics who you call idol worshipers through their missionaries open this unknown Christian countries for your pastors to explore in future. Ask yourself this question. What has your general overseer done to make the Christian world a better place. If you ask me about my church I will say up till tomorrow Catholics are still in the unknown places spreading the word of GOD and the pope has always let the world know the position of the church in the world of politics you know the examples. Tell me yours

3 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by paulGrundy(m): 9:58am On Feb 19, 2016
analice107:

Conspiracy theorist! Keep shut. Apostle Paul questioned the christainity of the gnostic denomination, who claimed that Jesus did not come In flesh 2 john 1:7.

If you have anything against the RCC, open a thread on it.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 10:06am On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,”

“I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that,” Francis said. “We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.”‎

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/19/world/americas/pope-francis-donald-trump-christian.html?referer=https://www.google.com/search?q=pope francis said trump is not a christian&hl=en-US&gws_rd=ssl

I would like the person I was talking to to post the transcript of the question and answer. Thank you.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

Phil Pullella, Reuters: Today, you spoke very eloquently about the problems of immigration. On the other side of the border, there is a very tough electoral battle. One of the candidates for the White House, Republican Donald Trump, in an interview recently said that you are a political man and he even said that you are a pawn, an instrument of the Mexican government for migration politics. Trump said that if he’s elected, he wants to build 2,500 kilometers of wall along the border. He wants to deport 11 million illegal immigrants, separating families, etcetera. I would like to ask you, what do you think of these accusations against you and if a North American Catholic can vote for a person like this?

Pope Francis: Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'animal politicus.' At least I am a human person. As to whether I am a pawn, well, maybe, I don't know. I'll leave that up to your judgment and that of the people. And then, a person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the Gospel. As far as what you said about whether I would advise to vote or not to vote, I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-of-pope-francis-in-flight-interview-from-mexico-to-rome-85821/

What do the bold say to you (noting that the Pope is not speaking of physical walls and bridges)?

It says to me that it is a conditional, non-definitive statement.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

What happened to the greatest commandment? Love your neighbor as yourself? Why is the commandment of Love preached in churches? Like there are no rapists and drug lords in present day USA, Mxm you hardly have an idea of what Christianity looks like
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

How many muslims in thier nation and riches has housed thier brothers? Yet we house the Muslims even when they fight us.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by porka: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Empredboy:
do u understand idiom so? Are you for real? Is it the physical wall they are talking about? Interpret what Jesus said.. Destroy this temple but in 3 days time I will rebuild it. Do you know how much Catholic sends every year as charity? Do you sacrifices men and women of the church do every year for the gospel? Missionary of St Paul (msp), Jesuit, Dominican, sis of Jesus, redemptionist etc can your pastors leave their families (I mean comfort zones) and live in Somalia, Burundi and other rural areas for the sake of the gospel? Tell me is redeem, winners, deeper life, and so on in Somalia, Uganda, Burundi, and other hungry nations? But your pastors left their comfort zone (Nigeria) for a super comfort zone(like USA, England, South Africa) claiming they are preaching the word of GOD to people who brought it to us (African). Forgotten that Christ intentions is that the world will spread till the end of the earth but the catholics who you call idol worshipers through their missionaries open this unknown Christian countries for your pastors to explore in future. Ask yourself this question. What has your general overseer done to make the Christian world a better place. If you ask me about my church I will say up till tomorrow Catholics are still in the unknown places spreading the word of GOD and the pope has always let the world know the position of the church in the world of politics you know the examples. Tell me yours

Nevertheless.

The context was a PHYSICAL WALL to be erected between the borders of Mexico and the US and the Pope did not mince his words.

No one has the monopoly on charitable deeds to the poor. There's no way you can say Donald Trump doesn't assist the poor from his enormous wealth.

Was Pope Francis also talking about metaphysical homosexuals when he said he can't judge them?

Please stay within the context and leave sermon for the pulpit.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by porka: 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

Pope Francis happens to know that dogs will go to heaven by the way.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by orisa37: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
Trump worships Money. Mammon!!!
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by OmoOsanyin: 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

Really?
Last time checked, the Romans, king Constantine et al at the council meeting of 326 @ Niceae formulated and created christianity and then the Roman Catholic Church.

So do you here born yesterday in someplace in Nigeria now know better than the originators of the christian religion which you doggedly follow?

Research and read. Strive to be adequately informed.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by OmoOsanyin: 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnw74:

And Jesus questioned not and condemned not?
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

Nevertheless.

The context was a PHYSICAL WALL to be erected between the borders of Mexico and the US and the Pope did not mince his words.

No one has the monopoly on charitable deeds to the poor. There's no way you can say Donald Trump doesn't assist the poor from his enormous wealth.

Was Pope Francis also talking about metaphysical homosexuals when he said he can't judge them?

which context? Pope meant the love when he said bridge while trump meant hate when he said wall.
I never said anything about monopoly of charity but asked if there is anything u can boast with that your general overseers has done to make the world a better place.
What he said about homosexuality, this is the best same reason I said you born again are quick to condemn people and that is why people who don't know Christ has refused to change. With you mouth you will say Christ will wash your sins and make it pure as snow but never will you with action forgive. Now to make u understand what the pope said, he meant we all are sinners so how can he condemn since even Christ never condemned any sinner in the Bible name them Saul, Nicodemus, tax collector, prostitutes, even eat with sinners but you pentecostal would have excommunicated a sinner in your midst remember we are Christian because they see us as Christ like. So behave like Christ and not Jews.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by OmoOsanyin: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Empredboy:
bros learn to see Christianity outside the box. Christianity goes beyond just praying, prasing and having faith. But the greatest commandment is LOVE OF GOD AND LOVE OF MAN. You pentecostals love God so much but you hate your fellow men. That's why you are pray that your enemies should die but Catholics won't do that instead we pray that they change and the see the goodness of God.
You people raise your offerings up so that you feels God will bless the highest donor but you forgot the story of the widow who put in her last penny. That's Catholic cos no body offers anything in the Catholic Church with open hands. What we offer is between me and my God.
You people pray to God in loud voices thinking God is deaf like they god of baal. But Christ whom we follow said before we ask he knew what we want and we should pray silently. In sincerity of your heart is mathew 15:8 not telling you that it's referring to you pentecostal? Cos you praise God for people to see you but catholics don't and that's why their mass or service is 'boring' to you anti catholics

... And of course EMPTY CONTAINERS make loud noise.
The emptier ... The noisier!!!
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

Nevertheless.

Pope Francis: "And then, a person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."

So you believe the Pope was talking about physical bridges too abi?

What poor understanding you're exhibiting!

1 Like

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
italo:

Pope Francis: "And then, a person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian."

So you believe the Pope was talking about physical bridges too abi?

What poor understanding you're exhibiting!
please help ask him that if English says it rained cat and dog. What does it mean?
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
OmoOsanyin:

... And of course EMPTY CONTAINERS make loud noise. The emptier ... The noisier!!!
Tell them ooo
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Empredboy(m): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

Nevertheless.

so they mean physical wall abi? What does it mean if I say "it rained cat and dog"?
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by Outofsync(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
analice107:

Who is this one now I wonder how some people foolishly open their mouth to utter some statements. Pope, a false Christian? Please, just keep shut.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by johnw74: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Boy, you rc's are sure blind.
I'm not pentocostal, but like your pope you don't care if what you say is true or not.

Being a Christian is not about whether you want to build a wall or not to keep out illegal immigrants and terrorists, it's about having faith in Jesus Christ, but you and pope don't get it.
Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by italo: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2016
johnw74:

I'm not pentocostal, but like your pope you don't care if what you say is true or not.

Being a Christian is not about whether you want to build a wall or not to keep out illegal immigrants and terrorists, it's about having faith in Jesus Christ, but you and pope don't get it.

I have already show how false this claim is. But you pretended to be blind (yet accuse us of being blind) because you hate the truth. I will re-post:

Who is blind between us?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Questions Donald Trump's Christianity. Finally! by johnw74: 12:26am On Feb 21, 2016
italo:

I have already show how false this claim is.

I claimed I'm not pentecostal, and I claimed Christianity is about having faith is Jesus Christ,
which of my claims is false?

But you pretended to be blind (yet accuse us of being blind) because you hate the truth. I will re-post:

Ha ha, You rc's just keep showing what liars and false accusers you are.

johnw74:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Victims Of The Collapsed Church In Uyo. / Christians Fear Not, Biden's Win Is Not The End Of The World / Many Adult Educated Atheists will find this simple task Impossible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.