Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,269 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal (27424 Views)

Ibadan 32 Kings: Olubadan-in-council Disagrees With Olubadan, Backs Governor / Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by localboy: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2016
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by gbishman: 8:10am On Feb 19, 2016
Confused race

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by francizy(m): 8:11am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

Imagine. Can a Yoruba or Hausa hold a traditional office in Igboland?

Just your assumptions.. Funny enough, the Igbos don't even care if one Hausa or Yoruba comes to the East and claims Oba or Emir, as long as he is representing only his people. Don't just talk based on assumptions. That's exactly how you guys claimed that no Yoruba holds any office or political office in SE but a Yoruba man was and is probably still the rector of Nigerian Metallurgical Training Institute at Onitsha. Also, visit Enugu and see how Yorubas enjoy working and earning a living in Igbo land.

TheArchangel:
Which traditional office are you talking about?. Garuba Haruna is the seriki of the Hausa community in Anambra. Research is now easy with Internet.

Don't mind him. That's how they feel comfortable concocting trash from the comfort of their homes without using factual information.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by aleshmotors: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
I will comment later,i am still sleeping just check in 2 see if my ban as being lift
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by 1Dray(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
Princehojay:

Your real father.............. Swine pikin..............
Who is this illiterate?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

I think 'head' is different from title.
Like I said earlier they are totally free cus here nobody cares if any tribe have oba or emir title. Everybody are too busy with their business to care who rules who here.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by jcflex(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
Can never understand why yorubas feel extremely insecure (almost to the point of wetting their pants) when issues concerning Igbos arise?
Is this not the so-called unity in diversity. You got to accept the other tribes and their ways of life (so long as that way of life obeys the Nigerian Constitution) or you should call for a split if you are truly honest about rejecting them. Its not a favour and it's not to be begged for.
In all the cities in the worls there always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
There are also Serikis in Yoruba land
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodatingb, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The attendant result is ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria that was made the capital will still have the semblance of what u see now in the West including even the North East.
Some will raise the nauseating poo that people easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the buyer? Why not give out for free? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?

Sir, base on your write up, can u have two driver, driving a bus at the same time.
two captain inside a ship.

you mention that the northerner have seriki everywhere in the east, good.

how will you feel, if those seriki are converted to emir, and equate will your kind.

for me, am not against igbo having representatives in any community they find themselves, it a welcome idea, but that representative cannot be an eze ndigbo, equating to the king of that land, either the oba or emir in that land. hereby giving directive same as the original king of that land. it is a no no

5 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Karanka: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

You don't know what you're talking about. You need to travel more and learn what is happening else where apart from your village. Who told you Yorubas and Hausas don't have titles or hold traditional offices in South east?
The Hausa/Fulani communities in the South east have their traditional leaders. Same with Yorubas.
Nobody bothers them.
Igbos don't have time to be bickering over what you choose to call yourself so long as you maintain law and order and don't interfere in another man's right.
What I see happening here is unnecessary inferiority complex and greed on the part of the Yorubas. They're simply scared that the Eze ndiigbo might become more influential than them,so they are attempting to nip it in the bud on time.
Go to Enohia in Afikpo,Ebonyi state and you'll see a huge community of majorly Hausas and some Yorubas who have been living there for decades. They have their traditional leaders,they practice their Religion,yet you don't see Igbos carrying placards protesting and whining like little bitc*hes over that.

8 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life,our culture is not rigid and this is one Nigeria. we install Eze ndi Igbo in diapora to maintain our culture. If they are not comfortable with that,they should call for disintegration. As far as there is one Nigeria,we shall continue installing Eze ndi Igbo outside our territories

Can the Olubadan come to install a an Oba in Igboland? Would you stomach it?

That is what really pisses me off with these igbo guys. They perpetrate acts that they themselves will never condone and still try to justify themselves. When action is taken against them they will start to cry and shout up and down claiming to be victims of injustice.

Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by 1Dray(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2016
nusirat:
When a nation is about to ruin, pride become their Hall mark, that is just advice for my Ibo brethren, look at what is happening to them in Lagos, Now IBADAN, before Ondo,. Why did this people stop the mentality of take it by force, where not in Israel, nor Palestine, Yoruba nation don't condone insult.

Rubbish! Coward nation don't condone insult, you mean?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by optionB: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2016
Hollaniyii:

Keep observing, Ibadan is not Lagos and my people don't take insult

anu mpama
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Diademk07: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2016
PASCALSILVA:
WHAT IF ? WETIN THEM GO DO NA UR PEOPLE GO TELL IGBO PEOPLE WHO THEM EZE GO BE ABEG GO SLEEP IF U NO GET ANYTHING TO SAY ....THIS IS WHAT CAUSED CHAOS IN OUR SIDE IN AKURE THIS JANUARY WHEN THE NEW OBA SAID THAT EZENDIGBO ( ILO GREGORY) IS NOT WORTHY OF THAT THRONE IGBOS AND YORUBA FOUGHT EARLY THIS YEAR BEFORE THE FEDRAL GOV ENTERVENED..AND TOLD THE OBA THAT HE IS NOT THE PERSON WHO WILL TELL THE IGBOS WHO WILL RULE THEM ...ANYWAY AM NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH U BUT JUST TRYING TO MAKE MY POINT ..OGA
LOL! See lies! Hian!
Reality is that your Eze and ibo people had to prostrate and beg the Deji of Akure even after they were flogged!
Even Gov Mimiko had to beg the deji of Akure on behalf the ibos!
Yeye!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:21am On Feb 19, 2016
This Obas are suffering from acute inferiority complex...

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by danot1030: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2016
There cannot be to king in any town in Yoruba land. If the eze igbo wants to be a king he should go to his village and be one, ASAP!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mamajaz(f): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2016
Akshow:
Eleeeeribu mashanfani Wooooobia, ni awon omo iran ki ran yi sha. Kaaaaadafun won lai!!!
omo iya mi ma sepe fun won mo. Eru no too pe ara re Leru. Atoba atijoye won ajemogun niwon jere

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by X21: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2016
TheArchangel:
Which traditional office are you talking about?. Garuba Haruna is the seriki of the Hausa community in Anambra. Research is now easy with Internet.

yes the do

Home /

Obaship dispute rocks Yoruba community in FCT

November 10, 2015

Written by:

Jacob Segun Olatunji-Abuja
Facebook Twitter Google+ Share

The Obaship crisis rocking Yoruba Community in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) is showing no sign of abating. In fact, it got to a level that the traditional ruler of Yoruba in the territory, Oba (Dr) Olusegun Salau, warned those he accused of sowing seeds of discord among members of the community for selfish interests, to desist from such. He even threatened that henceforth, anybody caught in the act would be handed over to security agencies for appropriate sanction.
The major contention is over who the authentic Oba of Yoruba in Abuja is. Salau had insisted that he remained the only recognised Oba and advised the contenders to embrace peace in the interest of the Yoruba race.
Oba Salau recently summoned an emergency meeting with chiefs and elders of the Yoruba community at his Kado’s place in Life Camp to find solution to the crisis. He told them that the meeting was summoned to find a way of redeeming the image of the community which he noted had been badly damaged through incessant crises and indiscipline among residents.
The Oba expressed dissatisfaction that the main reasons for the formation of the community were yet to be fully realised many years after the community was formed. ”During this period, it has been one form of crisis, mistrust, bickering, blackmail and all these have largely affected our progress and image as a community in FCT,” he told them.
According to him, “going down memory lane, you will recall that the birth of Yoruba Community, FCT came into being following my installation as the Oba Yoruba of Abuja at an event which was widely publicised and which was attended by all prominent Yoruba sons and daughters residing in Abuja.”
Oba Salau, who highlighted most of the steps taken earlier to ensure peace within the community as well as in other ethnic groups within the FCT, including the emergence of Six Area Councils’ chairmen with the appointment of an Oba as the chairman to coordinate the activities of the Yorubas in each Area Council who should report back to him, said that it was unfortunate that some members went ahead and sabotaged the efforts for selfish reasons.
He told them: “It is time to put an end to all this nonsense. Our teeming brothers and sisters resident in the FCT are looking up to us for what will benefit them just as their neighbours are benefitting from their own tribal communities. In this new era of change, we cannot continue this way; it is unacceptable to me.”
Oba Salau insisted that there was no leadership problem in Yoruba community in the FCT and said: “I am the only person so chosen by the Ona of Abaji, Alhaji Adamu Baba Yunusa as the paramount traditional ruler and leader of Yoruba Community. I am quite aware of my enormous power
“The fact that I allowed everybody to operate freely does not mean I am weak. Henceforth, I have resolved to put an end to this disgrace and embarrassments. My actions to some extend are to bring sanity and honour to the Yoruba community, FCT where it will earn us greater peace and progress,” he stated.
Oba Salau, certainly, did not stop there as he announced the prohibition of proliferation of Obaship titles in the FCT, saying that the action was in line with the authority conferred on him by the Ona Abaji and chairman, Council of Traditional Rulers in FCT, Alhaji Adamu Baba Yunusa.
According to him, “Henceforth, there is only one Obaship title in the whole of FCT, which is my own: the Oba of Yoruba Abuja, while the rest will be known and addressed as Chief of Yoruba in the respective villages as my representatives in all the satellite towns and villages and they are expected to report back to me the activities of the Yorubas in the council areas
“Anybody or group of persons that move about parading themselves as leaders of Yoruba Community in Abuja, without my knowledge, for instance, the so-called Egbe Omo-Odua Yoruba in FCT, will henceforth be dealt with and treated as fraudsters.”

“Any Chief without my approval that moves around parading himself as Chief of Yoruba in any part of the FCT, for instance, those whose certificates as Yoruba leaders do not emanate from my office, will be dealt with and treated as fraudsters,” he added.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by ozoemenaca: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2016
It only remains for these people to ask Igbos to leave their land, but to let these people have their independence they refuse insisting that we remain in Nigeria. I tire for Nigeria shaa
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobleking2000(m): 8:25am On Feb 19, 2016
nusirat:
When a nation is about to ruin, pride become their Hall mark, that is just advice for my Ibo brethren, look at what is happening to them in Lagos, Now IBADAN, before Ondo,. Why did this people stop the mentality of take it by force, where not in Israel, nor Palestine, Yoruba nation don't condone insult.

IGBO NATION. dont condone intimidation.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Kangol99(m): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2016
k
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by HaneefahRN(f): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2016
Is the man mad? What nonsense. I fthe idiot wants to be a king why nt go back to his father-land. U come to live in another man's land then tell him u also want to be king. They can go to Biafra and do what they like nt come to our lands and wanting to be king. Bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:27am On Feb 19, 2016
Ganoderma:

Can the Olubadan come to install a an Oba in Igboland? Would you stomach it?

That is what really pisses me off with these igbo guys. They perpetrate acts that they themselves will never condone and still try to justify themselves. When action is taken against them they will start to cry and shout up and down claiming to be victims of injustice.

Nonsense
in igboland nobody cares if the other tribes feel that they want to have kings to rule nobody will disturb them. Everybody is busy with business to care who rules who.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:
Why are the ibos the only one that always have issues with their host wherever they go? There are other tribes in Ibadan also but one wouldnt hear nonsense such as this from them. Why must it always be the ibos? Why must you fight over Kingship title in another mans Kingdom?

There is a large Lebanese and Syrian community in Ibadan. There are Hausas, Calabars, Ijaws, Idomas, Tivs, Ogonis and all other ethnic group working and residing in Ibadan, but they all respect the custom of their host onlike the ibos who would always want to upset others

My dear don't generalize, that man is probably an illiterate trader whose low self esteem can only be stoked by answering an irrelative title such as eze ndigbo. Trust me when I say for too long these illiterates have paraded themselves as representatives of Igbos and given us a bad name because we the educated ones have kept silent... But no more, I for one do not recognise any eze ndigbo in any state outside the South East, so relax and don't loose any sleep. Just take these guys the way you take agberos because that's how we see them.
Igbos are peace loving and friendly but like other tribes we have miscreants who go around claiming some sort of status like nnamdi kanu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:
Why are the ibos the only one that always have issues with their host wherever they go? There are other tribes in Ibadan also but one wouldnt hear nonsense such as this from them. Why must it always be the ibos? Why must you fight over Kingship title in another mans Kingdom?

There is a large Lebanese and Syrian community in Ibadan. There are Hausas, Calabars, Ijaws, Idomas, Tivs, Ogonis and all other ethnic group working and residing in Ibadan, but they all respect the custom of their host onlike the ibos who would always want to upset others
My dear don't generalize, that man is probably an illiterate trader whose low self esteem can only be stoked by answering an irrelative title such as eze ndigbo. Trust me when I say for too long these illiterates have paraded themselves as representatives of Igbos and given us a bad name because we the educated ones have kept silent... But no more, I for one do not recognise any eze ndigbo in any state outside the South East, so relax and don't loose any sleep. Just take these guys the way you take agberos because that's how we see them.
Igbos are peace loving and friendly but like other tribes we have miscreants who go around claiming some sort of status like nnamdi kanu.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by HaneefahRN(f): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2016
ozoemenaca:
It only remains for these people to ask Igbos to leave their land, but to let these people have their independence they refuse insisting that we remain in Nigeria. I tire for Nigeria shaa

Don't be an hypocrite, how can an Igbo come to yoruba land and ask to be a king? If he wants to be a king, he has to go back to his father's land. U guys talk as if pple are treating u bad while u're d ones tht spread ur tentacles wide most in Nigeria and yorubas readily welcome u bt we wnt take such insults.

Go to Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Dahveydson(m): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Peritus:

Nwanne, I live in the northern part of the country, and I tell you for certain that the kind of putrid and despicable behaviour and attitude of some Igbos here, especially the ones that seek for recognition, is quite regrettable. Bad as it is, they put the good ones that are in the majority in a bad limelight.

There are bad eggs in every tribe, that doesn't mean a culture that have stood the test of time be eroded.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by HaneefahRN(f): 8:32am On Feb 19, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
in igboland nobody cares if the other tribes feel that they want to have kings to rule nobody will disturb them. Everybody is busy with business to care who rules who.

U might nt care, u might nt even av kings wt everyone ruling but we care and we av a right to our lands.

If u like av Oba and Emir in Igboland tht's ur cup of tea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by laprince(m): 8:34am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:

Its just ceremonial. Don't take it personal or make it blown out of proportion.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

There is seriki hausawa in igboland. The Yoruba community has a leader too.

Maybe the word Eze and regalia is what is intimidating other tribes. Let the igbos change the name from Eze to Chairman Ndigbo.

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Raturable(m): 8:35am On Feb 19, 2016
It is amazing how our brothers claim to be enlightened and when you read their comments, you will struggle to point out clear and thougthful reasoning. I went to buy something somewhere of oyo road here in Ibadan where Hausas offload tomatoes and onions, I parked infont of a house and a police man approached me to inform me the I couldn't park there as it is in front of Sariki's palace.
The Olubadan-in-council didn't see that. The Eze indigbo has never claimed to be the ruler of Ibadan but the head of his people living in Ibadan. Does anyone know Jewish people in Lagos have a head, the Indians have their palace and shrine in Ilupeju. Pls our people learn and wise up! Also go after productive issues that's what Nigeria needs now. God bless every just and Godly Nigerian! Ututu omanu

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by wadetaw202: 8:37am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life,our culture is not rigid and this is one Nigeria. we install Eze ndi Igbo in diapora to maintain our culture. If they are not comfortable with that,they should call for disintegration. As far as there is one Nigeria,we shall continue installing Eze ndi Igbo outside our territories

Where did you hide your head when Deji of Akure was flogging your eze in akure? Eeediot. The title would have been abolished if your steupid thoughtless and arrogant eze had not prostrated and apologised to the Deji.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by laprince(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2016
eluquenson:
You can have that title in Lagos but not in Oyo, these people self always go beyond their limit.

I think its just a ceremonial title just to uphold and preserve their tradition.

They ain't trying to to over rulership.

just as it is in tertiary institutions; its mainly to foster their culture and traditions.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by callJesu: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2016
East and west, what trouble have you?

Check my signature on how to naturally cut down excess tummy fats and also other body areas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.