Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,148 members, 7,838,927 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal (27421 Views)

Ibadan 32 Kings: Olubadan-in-council Disagrees With Olubadan, Backs Governor / Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by director1900: 10:21am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life,our culture is not rigid and this is one Nigeria. we install Eze ndi Igbo in diapora to maintain our culture. If they are not comfortable with that,they should call for disintegration. As far as there is one Nigeria,we shall continue installing Eze ndi Igbo outside our territories
there is smething u ibos dnt understand,in ur land yoruba or hausa man has never became a chairman in ur market bt whn u go to alaba in lagos who is their chairman or ladipo or GSM villige,u dmt sell land to other tribes yet u wnt to claim right on sme1 land is dat popssible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mbjsuki(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
Can never understand why yorubas feel extremely insecure (almost to the point of wetting their pants) when issues concerning Igbos arise?
Is this not the so-called unity in diversity. You got to accept the other tribes and their ways of life (so long as that way of life obeys the Nigerian Constitution) or you should call for a split if you are truly honest about rejecting them. Its not a favour and it's not to be begged for.
In all the cities in the worls there always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
There are also Serikis in Yoruba land
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodatingb, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The attendant result is ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria that was made the capital will still have the semblance of what u see now in the West including even the North East.
Some will raise the nauseating poo that people easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the buyer? Why not give out for free? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?
It's sad and very unfortunate. Everywhere this set of people are,they always create issues. In my best of opinion, I can never admit or grant an ibo man a rent in my house. Can a stool of an Oba or baale be created in Owerri,Aba or Enugu? Don't preach what you can not accept,please. Ibo man and title another case study!
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Kgdavid(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:
Why are the ibos the only one that always have issues with their host wherever they go? There are other tribes in Ibadan also but one wouldnt hear nonsense such as this from them. Why must it always be the ibos? Why must you fight over Kingship title in another mans Kingdom?

There is a large Lebanese and Syrian community in Ibadan. There are Hausas, Calabars, Ijaws, Idomas, Tivs, Ogonis and all other ethnic group working and residing in Ibadan, but they all respect the custom of their host onlike the ibos who would always want to upset others

This is the problem with Nigerians who do not read. The Olubadan's comments address the fact that he feels that the particular person currently bearing the title Eze Ndigbo is not meant to do so, not that there should be no Eze Ndigbo in Oyo state.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by anigbajumo(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2016
dignity33:
Why is Yoruba people like to bite the finger that feed them, the igbo people has made the SW what they are in Nigeria today, and again what issue those Yoruba have concerning Ezendigbo because every known citizen of Nigeria knows that Ezendigbo is just a ceremonial that help to preserve igbo culture any where they are in the World. Eze ndigbo is any where you find igbo people in Nigeria and Diaspora so why is yoruba become different in any thing that concern igbo people . First Awolowo after the war give every igbo person 20 pounce to survive, Oba of lagos treating igbo people on Election and now the issue of Ezendigbo that is every where in the World.

why are u people always fink with no iota of sense,u stay in your room and type nonsense here.can you pls tell me your benefit in SW rather than 2× 2 shops u own by the road side.......

You are feeding yer brother in SE not here in Yoruba Land,borrow wisdom if u lack it sir......

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Joshthefirst(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2016
Shymm3x:

Eff a federal republic. There's a reason why there are customary laws and the provincial agreements that created the entity called "Nigeria" were signed by traditional rulers.

If you want a king - go install one in ya village. Yorubaland is Yorubaland and Igboland is Igboland.
Unfortunately this whole issue is about labels, even from the OP.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mbjsuki(m): 10:27am On Feb 19, 2016
director1900:
there is smething u ibos dnt understand,in ur land yoruba or hausa man has never became a chairman in ur market bt whn u go to alaba in lagos who is their chairman or ladipo or GSM villige,u dmt sell land to other tribes yet u wnt to claim right on sme1 land is dat popssible?
Please help me tell them. Always bragging about what is not! Is there an Oba in Anambra or Enugu that oversees the affairs of yorubas in those places? Yet you go to their land and start bragging over what you cannot accept. Hell will have been let loose.
Ibo sense too much.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2016
Hausa and the fulani tribes do take title in yoruba land so who the noise in igbo man case.nde ofe nmanu always feel intimidated whenever they see d igbo race
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mrhansome12(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Shegebanti007:

No is your parents fault that made you useless, because if you were not useless, you will comment with good sense of human. look at you, if igbo people have good upbringing will they have problem with other tribe in Nigeria. Don't worry, we will teach you morons manners on this Nairaland. Oponu oloshi.
I have gone through my comment to know how I insulted the yorubas and the person I doubt but I can't find any reason for your unprovoked attack. Anyway sha na wetin frustration de cause so I am not surprised. Behaving like a tout is never the way forward the person I quote replied me in a diplomatic way but you like a mad dog looking for who to attack choose the path of shame by attacking me instead of making your points. This made me to understand that bad parental upbringing is personal not synonymous with tribes. Carry your pathetic life and stay away from my mention.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:
Why are the ibos the only one that always have issues with their host wherever they go? There are other tribes in Ibadan also but one wouldnt hear nonsense such as this from them. Why must it always be the ibos? Why must you fight over Kingship title in another mans Kingdom?

There is a large Lebanese and Syrian community in Ibadan. There are Hausas, Calabars, Ijaws, Idomas, Tivs, Ogonis and all other ethnic group working and residing in Ibadan, but they all respect the custom of their host onlike the ibos who would always want to upset others
Honestly it beats me,Why for God's sake can't they just respect another man's land.They are a great problem not just to Nigeria but even beyond.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:
There cannot be two Kings in a particular Kingdom.

The ibos are fighting for biafra. They want to break away from Nigeria yet they still want to install kings in other parts of Nigeria.

The ibos unlike all other tribes had no Kings prior to the coming of the British colonialist. It was the colonialist that appointed warrant chiefs for the ibos, hence they still do not have a full cultural grasp of what royalty and Kingship is all about.

The ibos are the only one that always have issues with their host. First it was with the Oba of Lagos, later it was with the Deji of Akure and now it is with the Olubadan.

Read the comment below me and imagine the affront, imagine the audacity, imagine the justification of imposing your own culture in domains that are not your just because of the excuse that your people reside there. This was one of the factors that precipitated the pogrom against the ibos in the North and subseqtently the civil war that led to the slaughter of thousands of ibos. Unfortunately, the ibos havent learnt from the mistake of their fathers.
Maybe their brains are failing.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life,our culture is not rigid and this is one Nigeria. we install Eze ndi Igbo in diapora to maintain our culture. If they are not comfortable with that,they should call for disintegration. As far as there is one Nigeria,we shall continue installing Eze ndi Igbo outside our territories
Don't worry, they also have plenty rivers in Ibadan for you instead of lagoons.Dumbass.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
Would you allow one Kabiesi or Emir in Onitsha?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
Nigerians know tricks, una wan stylishly gain ground all over but no way, Lagoons & Rivers are waiting.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 19, 2016
harmless011:
I dont why we made issues out of nothing the eze ndigbo of a thing is just ceremonial title, the title bearer is still subject to the laws and customs of the host community.
So no need to blow the whole thing out of proportion.
Don't try to deceive anybody here, we know the IBO man well.Give a mouse a cookie & he'll later ask for a glass of milk,& even a bed to sleep on.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by ideatoprince18(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2016
Hollaniyii:

Keep observing, Ibadan is not Lagos and my people don't take insult
.......Sorry Ibadan is not as useful as Lagos!!!
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 19, 2016
sankky:
Here they go again
Can never understand why yorubas feel extremely insecure (almost to the point of wetting their pants) when issues concerning Igbos arise?
Is this not the so-called unity in diversity. You got to accept the other tribes and their ways of life (so long as that way of life obeys the Nigerian Constitution) or you should call for a split if you are truly honest about rejecting them. Its not a favour and it's not to be begged for.
In all the cities in the worls there always an Eze Ndigbo. But it's only in Yoruba land that people shiver, pee and poo upon hearing it.
in igbo land, there are Serikis all over the cities and nobody cares despite the fact that occasional tribal clashes between Igbos and Hausa's which also happens nationwide.
There are also Serikis in Yoruba land
Tomorrow, out of arrogance, someone will start telling us that they are very accommodatingb, simply because Lagos was made the nation's capital without our consents and was therefore developed with everyone's money. The attendant result is ripple effect that also spread to neighbouring Yoruba lands. It has nothing to do with being nice or tolerant because any other part of Nigeria that was made the capital will still have the semblance of what u see now in the West including even the North East.
Some will raise the nauseating poo that people easily buy land in the West. That's the most asinine argument anyone has ever heard. How does selling land as business to make a living show that you love the buyer? Why not give out for free? Where will u not buy land in any part of this world if u have your money and can afford it?
Exactly how it started in Lagos before you said its No mans land.So Ibadan people should also watch youvpronounce their city no mans land abi?Think you are wise?
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by ideatoprince18(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2016
Mekwen:
Would you allow one Kabiesi or Emir in Onitsha?
........ if d Hausa or Yoruba's can come and take over our markets in d east ..... then they av every right to install anybody
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by ideatoprince18(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2016
mbjsuki:

It's sad and very unfortunate. Everywhere this set of people are,they always create issues. In my best of opinion, I can never admit or grant an ibo man a rent in my house. Can a stool of an Oba or baale be created in Owerri,Aba or Enugu? Don't preach what you can not accept,please. Ibo man and title another case study!
...... anoda FEAR FEAR IGBOPHOBI@
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

Imagine. Can a Yoruba or Hausa hold a traditional office in Igboland?
That's the point.They always display their folly thinking they are wise.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by ideatoprince18(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2016
Mekwen:
Honestly it beats me,Why for God's sake can't they just respect another man's land.They are a great problem not just to Nigeria but even beyond.
. ........When last I checked Nigeria belongs to everybody ...... if u don't like d Igbo's dn tell Bihari to let dem go
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2016
ChiSun27:
Why are the Yoruba traditional rulers always battling the Igbo leaders? Wetin we do them?
Its simple,you don't take chances with IBO man in your land.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by nkemdi89(f): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2016
braine:

Imagine. Can a Yoruba or Hausa hold a traditional office in Igboland?
Asiwaju of orlu in imo state, seriki of hausa in okigwe.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by calcal: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2016
and This is reason the like of Ganiyu Adams should be the AREONO-KAKANFO of the yoruba land. he should be able to throw them in OGUNPA for good.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mariamadenle(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
MUMU of highest order

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:
Which one do you people want self? Biafrag or one Nigeria.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mrhansome12(m): 11:30am On Feb 19, 2016
semitunde:

If there's an oba in abuja, he speaks for himself. But beyond that my last paragraph still applies; if his actions whether cultural or not, is not in sync or causes discomfort to the hosts, its behoves on him to change and modify his actions to suit his host; and not just tell them its his culture and they should get along. That's foolhardy.

Prominent Igbo not making controversial statements is your opinion and can easily be put down. Prominent Igbo have called Lagos no man's land. Their eze have a 'palace'. In akure the eze wore his crown into the Deji of Akure's palace ( conflicting seriously with the ruling culture there). If those are not examples of controversial statements and intents, I don't know what is...
the Ezes you mentioned hold no relevance in igboland so when I am talking of prominent igbo traditional rules I did not include them. Those Ezes are just head of the igbo communities living outside igboland they represent. They are called Eze ndigbo of lagos, ibadan, not Eze ndigbo lagos or Eze lagos.
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by saintandsinnerz: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Don't be an hypocrite, how can an Igbo come to yoruba land and ask to be a king? If he wants to be a king, he has to go back to his father's land. U guys talk as if pple are treating u bad while u're d ones tht spread ur tentacles wide most in Nigeria and yorubas readily welcome u bt we wnt take such insults.

Go to Biafra
Stop writing like a tout, nobody wants to the obaship of your town, the ezendigbo or whatever is just a ceremonial title and doesn't have any traditional recognition. Moreover, there is an Oba in Abuja and I have not seen anybody bitch*** about it. You guys should stop making a mountain out of a molehill

1 Like

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by mariamadenle(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Kgdavid:

This is the problem with Nigerians who do not read. The Olubadan's comments address the fact that he feels that the particular person currently bearing the title Eze Ndigbo is not meant to do so, not that there should be no Eze Ndigbo in Oyo state.

some people have problem of reading main content but comment.... now some guyz are 'foaming' not knowing the main issue, the p is not about the title but the bearer

sorry to say this on public forum but is like IPOB are "PROBLEMATIC IN NATURE"
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by jcflex(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2016
chimaobikanu:
Smh in disgust! Please, please, and please... If you dont understand the title "Eze ndi-Igbo" in diaspora, please ask questions before you come on to a public forum like to display your high level of ignorance. Eze ndi Igbo in diaspora is just a representative of the Igbo's in a forgien land. He has no palace nor office like your Oba's and Emires, he's just the head of the Igbo association in his domain and is subjected to the law of the land. Please most of you guys should get your facts right before jumping to conclusion. Well, common sense they say is not common.

sir, from the post here, you can read clearly that eze ndiigbo of ibadan have a palace. that one.

secondly, let me take you back memory lane, eze ndiigbo in akure wore a crown to the original tradition ruler of akure palace, which is Deji of Akure.
how many king do we have in a palace, in most community is a taboo, the eze ndiigbo turn deaf hear to it, which is not suppose to be.

some of all this things causing issue here and there are avoidable

This simply show, you guys knows the right thing to do, but intentional abandon it, and start doing otherwise, which is what is causing problem with you host community.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by saintandsinnerz: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Shegebanti007:

If the have traditional leader do they call him Emir of Onitsha? you flat headed mumu.
So your problem is not because they have it but what they call it? What do you want them to call it? The Oba of Ibadaland? C'mmon the ezendigbo when loosely translated just mean the head of the Igbos nothing more nothing less. This is just a ceremonial title and it is not in anyway intend to denigrate or ridicule the revered throne of the olubadan of Ibadan land in anyway
Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2016
Musiwa419:

Ibos are half human by nature. They are yet in the process of metamorphosis from the archaic to modernisation.
They are like captured wild animals that are gradually being tamed in order to co-habit with human beings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal by BermudaTriangle(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2016
zuchyblink:

Sure ingredients for another pogrom but then animals don't from the mistakes of the past.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.