Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! (801 Views)

Why I Doubt Claims Money Was Found In The Houses Of The Judges. / Buhari's Budget Riddled With Errors Puts Graft War In Doubt -bloomberg / When Will Diepreye Alamieyeseigha Be Buried? I Doubt This Guy Really Died! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 7:53am On Feb 19, 2016
The causes of economics problem in nigeria today is not unknown to every body and it was previsible but nigerian always take a serious issues lightly or unconcern until it hit them, the main economics strenth of nigeria is oil and when will have oil boom and high price the government of the time not only mismanaged the fund but looted the treaury in trillion$, how can we blame some one today because of low price of oil. If all nigerian show patriotism and rally round this government in it's efforts to recover all the looted fund, we would have put the looters into shame and ambarasse the nation that harbour the looted money, so the task of recovery the looted money would have been easy. Instead we critisise the government who is fighting day and night to recover the looted fund than the looters themselves.
If we mismanaged the oil boom we shouldn't mismanaged the looted fund reserve that is needed to revamp the economics!
We must take the looters responsible for the economics problem and recovered all the looted fund to save our nation. even the depreciation of naira is not do bad to our economics but good if well managed.
look:
[b]....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion?[/b]

2017 budget will beat record... ₦1 quadrillion!, all the social sectors will be substantially finance to trillions ₦, poverty will be completely eradicated and by the end of year 2018 Nigeria will be declared a developed state and classify one of the first three country in the index of human .
I know you will argue on how this can happen with the economics situation of today, low foreign reserve, low oil price, with depreciation of ₦.
yes oil price is down, foreign reserve is dry but we still have foreign looted fund reserve at hand! when recovered and well managed, it won't be problem to have money for this budget!
we can only pray that a $ hit ₦1000 and all $1 trillion looted recovered!
I know for sure that with the determination of this government and the support of foreign nation to help recovered all $ trillion looted it will happen.....$1 trillion recovered and change to ₦ will give us ₦1 quadrillion needed to financ that budget!
year 2017 bye bye to poverty!
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by ChappyChase: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Op are you patriotic?
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by flexrivers(m): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2016
Op please shut up
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2016
ChappyChase:
Op are you patriotic?
...yes Iam, I can laid down my life for my country! tell me any country all over the world where trillion of $ looted and the looters go score-free beside nigeria?
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2016
flexrivers:
Op please shut up
...how can I keep shut at this age of new media, in which anything you say will be alive forever, at least for the incoming generation to see!
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by Flexherbal(m): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2016
All those who looted nigerians' funds must be brought to book.
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by ndcide(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2016
The looters are in power headed by buhari. The 2016 budget underscores that.

This so convenient to blame incompetence on past government. What if buhari took over after a war.

He can just save us the stress and do the needful.
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by chriskosherbal(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2016
Yes I think you are right.
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2016
ndcide:
The looters are in power headed by buhari. The 2016 budget underscores that.

This so convenient to blame incompetence on past government. What if buhari took over after a war.

He can just save us the stress and do the needful.
...but as a patriot we must condemed the looters and support the government to handled them seriously until all the money looted recovered. you should blame the past government because if it did what Buhari is doing today we won't find ourselves in this situation!
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by ndcide(m): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2016
oyinkinola:

...but as a patriot we must condemed the looters and support the government to handled them seriously until all the money looted recovered. you should blame the past government because if it did what Buhari is doing today we won't find ourselves in this situation!

Yes as a Patriot, Im obliged to hold buhari to account because he is the president. The past administrations could have kept blaming the previous and the cycle continues. It is convenient for buhari to keep looking at the rear mirrors because another party handed over to him. If the same party handed over to him, he'll be more forward looking. The present government in Lagos attempted to open some of the miss did of the immediate past government, we all so the reaction.

Anybody giving this government a leverage to blame the past government is most unpatriotic and most unfortunate. This government must wake up and build and prove their mettle.

I will not blame the past government, I will hold the government at hand to task. I know they'll want to loot. I will scream to high heaven. I will be forthright with my criticism. That's the way I can support them.

1 Like

Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 10:53am On Feb 19, 2016
ndcide:

Yes as a Patriot, Im obliged to hold buhari to account because he is the president. The past administrations could have kept blaming the previous and the cycle continues. It is convenient for buhari to keep looking at the rear mirrors because another party handed over to him. If the same party handed over to him, he'll be more forward looking. The present government in Lagos attempted to open some of the miss did of the immediate past government, we all so the reaction.

Anybody giving this government a leverage to blame the past government is most unpatriotic and most unfortunate. This government must wake up and build and prove their mettle.

I will not blame the past government, I will hold the government at hand to task. I know they'll want to loot. I will scream to high heaven. I will be forthright with my criticism. That's the way I can support them.

....man I disagree with your few, because if jonathan didn't deny that his administration is corrupt, dasuki, metuh didn't deny of their act who are you as a patriot to defend them!
Re: I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! by oyinkinola: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
....support the looters, the terrorists, the criminality and all other social vices is unpatriotic! be patriot to your nation!

(1) (Reply)

Senate Uncovers N5bn Shortfall In Education Ministry Budget. / SOLOMON ARASE, Is This Police Officer Correct?: Picture / President Buhari Finally Speaks On Mtn's $3.9bn Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.