Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism (16945 Views)

Islam Doesn't Teach Terrorism, Clarification Of The Quoted Qur'an Verses / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour / Don’t Blame ‘wahhabism’ For Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
In light of the tragedy in France, which claimed 84 lives, I'd like to ask Nairaland muslims a very important question:

Is there something in Islam that makes it very easy for bad men to convince young muslim men to take part in evil terrorist attacks?

If so, what is it? And what should be done to permanently end the perpetration of terrorist acts by people who claim to be muslims?

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by youngaz(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Seun:
In light of the tragedy in France, which claimed 84 lives, I'd like to ask Nairaland muslims a very important question:

Is there something in Islam that makes it very easy for bad men to convince young muslim men to take part in evil terrorist attacks?

If so, what is it? And what should be done to permanently end the perpetration of terrorist acts by people who claim to be muslims?
hmmm @Seun thanks for askin dat question....Islam doesn't teach terrorism...and there are no 2 ways diz pple get their evil deeds dan to brainwash d pple dey wanna use for d attacks...for example,Donald Trump is always attacking Muslims weneva there's an attack...dey might save a clip of it,den dey will show it to dem and say tins like..,"can u see ao he's abusing us??......can u hear wat he said abt u.....u're a muslim are u gonna allow im to keep sayin diz?....he's attacking Islam,are u gonna allow dat?"...and so on dey might even bring a verse in d Qur'an dat says if some one attacks u fight im in d course of Allah...yes there are some verses lyk dat in Qur'an bt...u must nt attack who doesn't attack u....even during war u're allowed to fight in self "defence" and dnt kill women and Children...bt all diz pple kill women,use children for suicide bombings,use women as suicide bombers....dey are attacking dose dat didn't attack dem....dey said dey are fighting in Allah's course bt who is capable of fighting for God...hmmm....dey are just misled pple and lest we 4get.....nt all attacks are done by muslim wills (u can ask me why)

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by madridguy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
To me, the tragedy in France is reprisal attack not Terrorist attack.

The only solution to be done to permanently end the perpetration of reprisal attack is for the self acclaimed WORLD POWER to leave MUSLIM countries alone. Why always them?

Iraq was a better country before the western country invaded Iraq. Libyan citizen once live like queen and king in their domain, they enjoy almost everything free of charge/subsidize rate before France led NATO turned Libya to Terrorist castle.

Now let ask ourselves, let put ourselves in the shoe of Iraqi and Libyan, do you think these people will be happy with their oppressor? I have a lot to say but my heart is too heavy now thinking how Iraqi's are killed every seconds with no media to fight for them.

Before you start calling me names, ask yourself this question; why are countries like Switzerland, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Austria, Luxembourg to mention few are exempted by the terrorist?

France and Belgium problem started the day they led NATO to Libya. America play indoor game in the invasion in Libya and they recorded the first casualties as the blood of their ambassador to Libya was wasted for the invasion. The frontiers, France and Belgium are still counting casualties.

Moral of the story, don't do EVIL.

There is room for constructive criticism and counter fact.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 16, 2016
I would say providing proper education for people. Muslims ought to seek knowledge and understanding of the Qur'an and sunnah (ways of the prophet, peace and blessing be upon him).The Qur'an is not just a book that can be read and understood properly. For it be be properly understood, it was to be understood within context, analysis of the language used (Arabic is not a very easy language) and so on.

Terrorism is far away from Islam and there is no justification for it. We have millions if not billions of Muslims around the world- if Islam encourages terrorism, believe me we won't have many people with different religions living with us. Take for example in Malaysia, Indonesia- the majority of population living in these countries are Muslims yet there are still a lot of Christians and people of other religion living peacefully together.

Additionally, Muslim men are allowed to marry Jewish and Christians ladies. A religion that supports killing and intolerance wouldn't allow that.

Modified
I guess I also need to add that oppression needs to stop.It breeds hate and contempt. When people are pushed beyond limits, they will rebel and fight back without caring if the methods used are right or wrong. For example the continuous oppression of the Palestinians by the Israeli government and those who openly support them. Another example is the recent shooting in Dallas. Don't you think it be easy to convince someone who feels oppressed against the oppressor? Just as it would be very easy to convince someone without knowledge. These examples may have nothing to do with religion but they show that when you oppress people with policies, sanctions etc they will fight back.

Fact remains that it is not permissible to kill a one who doesn't believe who is not hostile or who has a legitimate peace treaty with the Muslims; rather treating them with kindness is part of the Islamic religion, especially if that is done to call him to Islam and soften his heart (towards Islam). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”[al-Mumtahinah 60:8]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm.”

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by justwise(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
To me, the tragedy in France is reprisal attack not Terrorist attack.

The only solution to be done to permanently end the perpetration of reprisal attack is for the self acclaimed WORLD POWER to leave MUSLIM countries alone. Why always them?

Iraq was a better country before the western country invaded Iraq. Libyan citizen once live like queen and king in their domain, they enjoy almost everything free of charge/subsidize rate before France led NATO turned Libya to Terrorist castle.

Now let ask ourselves, let put ourselves in the shoe of Iraqi and Libyan, do you think these people will be happy with their oppressor? I have a lot to say but my heart is too heavy now thinking how Iraqi's are killed every seconds with no media to fight for them.

Before you start calling me names, ask yourself this question; why are countries like Switzerland, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Austria, Luxembourg to mention few are exempted by the terrorist?

France and Belgium problem started the day they led NATO to Libya. America play indoor game in the invasion in Libya and they recorded the first casualties as the blood of their ambassador to Libya was wasted for the invasion. The frontiers, France and Belgium are still counting casualties.

Moral of the story, don't do EVIL.

There is room for constructive criticism and counter fact.

Nigeria govt is not occupying any Muslim country but why do we have boke haram? Kenya is not occupying any muslim country but they have al-Shabaab, lets not go into this blame shifting and call a spade a spade.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by madridguy(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Boko Haram is at result of hatred been preached to the lower class of the hausa by their elites.

As for Kenya, I will advise you to sit down and do your research how Kenya Government brought Al Shabaab to their domain. Before you quote me again, research on what I just said.

justwise:

Nigeria govt is not occupying any Muslim country but why do we have boke haram? Kenya is not occupying any muslim country but they have al-Shabaab, lets not go into this blame shifting and call a spade a spade.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by justwise(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
Boko Haram is at result of hatred been preached to the lower class of the hausa by their elites.

As for Kenya, I will advise you to sit down and do your research how Kenya Government brought Al Shabaab to their domain. Before you quote me again, research on what I just said.

This is the problem..we always come up with one or two excuses to justify killing each other.

So because of hatred been preached to the lower class of the hausas by their elites a group came up to kill both Muslims and Christians right?

Boko Haram did not kill only the elites in fact poorer hausas suffered more as they carried on their killing spree.

Don't tell me to sit down and research jack because i'm sick to my back teeth with some of you who always come up with these excuses.

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by DevotedOne(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2016
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. The key is in understanding jihad. See page 8 "The Rules of Conduct of Jihad" at this http://www.lettertobaghdadi.com/14/english-v14.pdf but read the entire discourse. Boko Haram has sworn allegiance to 'Islamic State' so you should expect that they will behave accordingly. Al Shabaab has stated that their country is being occupied by the Kenyan government. The point they are making is that they want to get free of Kenyan occupation.

d. The Rules of Conduct of Jihad: The rules of conduct of jihad are summarized in the words of the Prophet Muhammad (S) : ‘Wage war but do not be severe, do not be treacherous, do not mutilate or kill children .’ The Prophet (S) also said on the day of the Conquest of Mecca: ‘Those retreating are not to be killed, nor are the injured to be harmed, and whoever shuts his door is safe.’
Similarly, when Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq prepared an army and sent it to the Levant, he said: ‘You will find people who have devoted themselves to monasteries, leave them to their devotions. You will also find others whose heads are seats for devils (i.e. armed deacons), so strike their necks. However, do not kill the old and decrepit, women or children; do not destroy buildings; do not cut
down trees or harm livestock without good cause; do not burn or drown palms; do not be treacherous; do not mutilate; do not be cowardly; and do not loot. And truly God will support those who support Him and His Messengers while not seeing Him. Truly, God is Strong, Mighty.’ As for killing prisoners, it is forbidden in Islamic Law.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Presbulg(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2016
MakeWeTalk:
Lets call a spade a spade, islam endorses violence.

Even muslims have started accepting it.
Listen to a moslem say that the problem is the quoran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Kmp-VHryI

Here are some of the verses that preaches violence

Sura 5:51
O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends.

SURA 4:89
So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

SURA 8:59
And let not those who disbelieve(Christians & Jews) suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape.
SURA 8:60
Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them.

SURA 9:123
O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers(Christians & Jews) who are near to you

SURA 2:190 Fight in the way of Allah
SURA 2:191 And slay them(Christians & Jews) wherever ye find them

Surah 9:5
When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.
SURA 9:29
Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

Ignorance is indeed a disease.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Demmzy15(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2016
Oga Seun--Islam is a well principled religion, it's universal in the sense that it encompasses all aspects of the human life and fit for all time(though, they might be minor changes to adjust to the modern times). Extremism and Terrorism is something the Prophet Muhammad(saw) warned against, he mentioned that those before us were destroyed due to their "extremism", terrorism on the other hand cannot exist without Extremism because it's Extremism that fosters Terrorism.

That side, the diseases(extremism and terrorism) can be cured greatly by knowledge. When I say knowledge I don't mean knowing Qur'anic verses or Hadith sayings, it's way beyond that. Usamah Ibn Ladin the father of Al Qaeda which give birth to ISIS was reported not having the adequate Islamic knowledge, Sheikh Khaled Al Ankary states about Bin Ladin:

In his educational transcripts, he had only eight credit hours in religious studies! I was brought up in Saudi Arabia and attended the 10th grade but was never taught from a textbook that said such things; and there is no such teaching today. This sounds like a quote taken out of context.

Documentary ‘Undercover Mosque’ for Dispatches on Channel 4 (UK) on 15 January 2007!

In fact when you look at many profiles of today's terrorists, many of them have troubled life. The two perpetrators of the Charlie Hebdo killings were known to be drug dealers and rappers, some ISIS fighters are known to be club bouncers, etc. They never had pure and correct Islamic knowledge, even those who have but tend to be extreme are those following their desires!

Furthermore, when you acquire knowledge, you should know that suicide is prohibited in Islam, no two ways about that. It was in the ancient times that most men are killed because they're considered soldiers but today it's not like that anymore, we have standard armies so you have no right to kill men who are civilians. Many of this terrorists don't know this.

Another point we need to consider is that; rebellion is to be avoided. True scholars have warned that rebelling against a leader is to be avoided, there's a wisdom behind, and I hope you reason with me. Qaddafi for example, was Libya better off after he was overthrown? Syria is currently in a turmoil, Yemen too, South Sudan and many other countries. The reason is because there's a greater harm that comes, there's blood shed, oppression and in fact peace is not even guaranteed when the leader is removed!

Lastly, Muslim youths need to stick with the correct and true scholars not scholars who speak with both of their mouths ie that say something here and something entirely different on the other side.

Lemme give you an example, when the 9/11 attack happened, many scholars condemned the actions. The true scholars condemned utmostly suicide bombing of any kind and that those who partake in this gruesome tactic are doomed for hell because it's based on something haram, but some other supposed scholars(sorry I won't be giving examples) condemned the attack of 9/11 but support the Palestinians engaging in suicide bombings!?

Now this two issues I mentioned up is not complex at all, the true scholars condemned suicide bombings against Israel not because they love Israel or are it's allies but because one suicide bombing against Israel results to killings of many more Muslims and besides suicide is haram in Islam. So when a Palestinian blows himself up in Israel killing 6 Israelis, the IDF retaliates by killing 25 Palestinians and demolitions of homes of other innocent Palestinian, now look at how the harm superceded the good. This is the wisdom behind some of this prohibitions!

But the other scholars support the suicide bombing, not thinking of the repercussions and not knowing that it's passed on something which is haram.

# Hope this helps, I'll be modifying if anything else comes up!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Demmzy15(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2016
Cc lexiconkabir, Rilwon, udatso, haffaze777, carinmom presbulg, Sule, Oladim
Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
justwise:

This is the problem..we always come up with one or two excuses to justify killing other other.

So because of hatred been preached to the lower class of the hausa by their elites a group came up to kill both hausas and Christians right?

Boko Haram did not kill only the elites in fact poorer hausas suffered more as they carried on their killing spree.

Don't tell me to sit down and research jack because i'm sick to my back teeth with some of you who always come up with these excuses.

Now listen to yourself.....

Have you forgotten that boko haram has bombed mosques too, at least do not forget the Kano mosque bombing.....

Now another assignment for you: go and research why and how boko haram started their bombings.... with the al-shabaab.....

And if you refuse then stay brainwashed for life!!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
MakeWeTalk:
Lets call a spade a spade, islam endorses violence.

Even muslims have started accepting it.
Listen to a moslem say that the problem is the quoran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Kmp-VHryI

Here are some of the verses that preaches violence

Sura 5:51
O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends.

SURA 4:89
So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

SURA 8:59
And let not those who disbelieve(Christians & Jews) suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape.
SURA 8:60
Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them.

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers(Christians & Jews) who are near to you

SURA 2:190 Fight in the way of Allah
SURA 2:191 And slay them(Christians & Jews) wherever ye find them

Surah 9:5
When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.
SURA 9:29
Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

This post makes me laugh out loud......

Anybody can pose as a Muslim and say trash, so that YouTube video is flawed already.....

Now concerning all the verses you mis-interpreted.....

All the verses you quoted, except the first one, refer to the idol worshippers of then, not the Jews or Christians, check another English Quran to confirm (wait, where did you even get that translation from sef undecided )

Now, about the first one, there was a time when a group of Jews and Christians formed an alliance with the idol worshippers to fight the muslims, so the verse was revealed as a warning to the muslims at that time....

The Jews and Christians are referred to as "the people of the book" and not "disbelievers"....

This is a public forum, do not mislead the populace.....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Demmzy15:
Oga Seun--Islam is a well principled religion, it's universal in the sense that it encompasses all aspects of the human life and fit for all time(though, they might be minor changes to adjust to the modern times). Extremism and Terrorism is something the Prophet Muhammad(saw) warned against, he mentioned that those before us were destroyed due to their "extremism", terrorism on the other hand cannot exist without Extremism because it's Extremism that fosters Terrorism.

That side, the diseases(extremism and terrorism) can be cured greatly by knowledge. When I say knowledge I don't mean knowing Qur'anic verses or Hadith sayings, it's way beyond that. Usamah Ibn Ladin the father of Al Qaeda which give birth to ISIS was reported not having the adequate Islamic knowledge, Sheikh Khaled Al Ankary states about Bin Ladin:

In his educational transcripts, he had only eight credit hours in religious studies! I was brought up in Saudi Arabia and attended the 10th grade but was never taught from a textbook that said such things; and there is no such teaching today. This sounds like a quote taken out of context.

Documentary ‘Undercover Mosque’ for Dispatches on Channel 4 (UK) on 15 January 2007!

In fact when you look at many profiles of today's terrorists, many of them have troubled life. The two perpetrators of the Charlie Hebdo killings were known to be drug dealers and rappers, some ISIS fighters are known to be club bouncers, etc. They never had pure and correct Islamic knowledge, even those who have but tend to be extreme are those following their desires!

Furthermore, when you acquire knowledge, you should know that suicide is prohibited in Islam, no two ways about that. It was in the ancient times that most men are killed because they're considered soldiers but today it's not like that anymore, we have standard armies so you have no right to kill men who are civilians. Many of this terrorists don't know this.

Another point we need to consider is that; rebellion is to be avoided. True scholars have warned that rebelling against a leader is to be avoided, there's a wisdom behind, and I hope you reason with me. Qaddafi for example, was Libya better off after he was overthrown? Syria is currently in a turmoil, Yemen too, South Sudan and many other countries. The reason is because there's a greater harm that comes, there's blood shed, oppression and in fact peace is not even guaranteed when the leader is removed!

Lastly, Muslim youths need to stick with the correct and true scholars not scholars who speak with both of their mouths ie that say something here and something entirely different on the other side.

Lemme give you an example, when the 9/11 attack happened, many scholars condemned the actions. The true scholars condemned utmostly suicide bombing of any kind and that those who partake in this gruesome tactic are doomed for hell because it's based on something haram, but some other supposed scholars(sorry I won't be giving examples) condemned the attack of 9/11 but support the Palestinians engaging in suicide bombings!?

Now this two issues I mentioned up is not complex at all, the true scholars condemned suicide bombings against Israel not because they love Israel or are it's allies but because one suicide bombing against Israel results to killings of many more Muslims and besides suicide is haram in Islam. So when a Palestinian blows himself up in Israel killing 6 Israelis, the IDF retaliates by killing 25 Palestinians and demolitions of homes of other innocent Palestinian, now look at how the harm superceded the good. This is the wisdom behind some of this prohibitions!

But the other scholars support the suicide bombing, not thinking of the repercussions and not knowing that it's passed on something which is haram.

Oga Seun this one has answered your question, so please close down the thread......

Jazaakumullah khairan dear brother, I love you for the sake of Allah!!! smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
@seun This is what i subscribe to ↓↓↓

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@seun This is what i subscribe to ↓↓↓

Oga how far nah, long time, hope u good sir!!!
Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lagusta:

Oga how far nah, long time, hope u good sir!!!

Yep ya Akh, I'm fine.....how ia work?
Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Demmzy15(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lagusta:

Oga Seun this one has answered your question, so please close down the thread......

Jazaakumullah khairan dear brother, I love you for the sake of Allah!!! smiley
And you too brother!

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by hahn(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
youngaz:
hmmm @Seun thanks for askin dat question....Islam doesn't teach terrorism...and there are no 2 ways diz pple get their evil deeds dan to brainwash d pple dey wanna use for d attacks...for example,Donald Trump is always attacking Muslims weneva there's an attack...dey might save a clip of it,den dey will show it to dem and say tins like..,"can u see ao he's abusing us??......can u hear wat he said abt u.....u're a muslim are u gonna allow im to keep sayin diz?....he's attacking Islam,are u gonna allow dat?"...and so on dey might even bring a verse in d Qur'an dat says if some one attacks u fight im in d course of Allah...yes there are some verses lyk dat in Qur'an bt...u must nt attack who doesn't attack u....even during war u're allowed to fight in self "defence" and dnt kill women and Children...bt all diz pple kill women,use children for suicide bombings,use women as suicide bombers....dey are attacking dose dat didn't attack dem....dey said dey are fighting in Allah's course bt who is capable of fighting for God...hmmm....dey are just misled pple and lest we 4get.....nt all attacks are done by muslim wills (u can ask me why)

Why can't Muslims stage a protest to remove these pages out of the Quran and thus ensure a reduction in the violence?

If Allah indeed motivated the Quran, then why exactly did he allow such verses to be there in the first place?

If everything is Allah's will then Allah is comfortable with Muslims killing "infidels", right?

undecided

5 Likes

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lagusta:

Now listen to yourself.....

Have you forgotten that boko haram has bombed mosques too, at least do not forget the Kano mosque bombing.....

Now another assignment for you: go and research why and how boko haram started their bombings.... with the al-shabaab.....

And if you refuse then stay brainwashed for life!!!!

Dude you are just confused, how does bombing a mosque in the name of holy war and killing many people bring about peace?

Why must it be bombing and beheading every time certain people get provoked?

There is no other way of resolving issues apart from killing others who disagreed with you?

This is not about muslims as a whole, this is about certain individuals with a twisted ideology

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by balash(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
You don't pick problems from the top except from the roots, it's more nice to kill roots and pest behind problems before trying out solutions, I believe first of all we need Christians to support we Muslims and for once believe us when we tell you authoritatively that this terror groups are not Muslims then it would be nice to fight them as one.

This terror group members when they are apprehended they should sit them infront of the camera and open up any page of th holy Qur'an and ask them to read through it whilst there claims of fighting for Allah they it means they should have studied the Qur'an outrightly and been able to been versed entirely.

Then let's get to the best of solution, Yes every government don't negotiate with terrorist but I will like to ask, what do they the terrorist want? Let's give them what they really want first and when they are cool like satisfied about been victorious then we attack them in full force, it's like throwing baits for them and been entirely secretive about it because if we look at the Nigerian sect group? It's easy been swept out, in the sense that I believe if power gets out of the northerners power they would be attacked with full force, it's more like there's a green snake in the folds of the present government who gives the sects future decisions made so they can strategies

But one thing that is clear is that this sect group are not MUSLIM because when you kill the smallest insects like an 'ant' you will account for it than killing souls, let's understand what they want, give in to them and attack in disguise. But one thing I understand is this, The Nigerian or the United Nations Top Men are involved in the Boko,Isis,Al-shabaab etc groups.

Only God can save us and reveal the faces of the infidels who laugh with us publicly and frowns privately..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by carinmom(f): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
Demmzy15:

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
justwise:

Dude you are not just confused, how does bombing a mosque in the name of holy war and killing many people bring about peace?

Why must it be bombing and beheading every time certain people get provoked?

There is no other way of resolving issues apart from killing others who disagreed with you?

This is not about muslims as a whole, this is about certain individuals with a twisted ideology

I read your post three times, and still didn't understand why you quoted me.....

Anyway I agree with the bolded part, so I would assume we are reasoning at the same pace.... grin
Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
hahn:

Why can't Muslims stage a protest to remove these pages out of the Quran and thus ensure a reduction in the violence?

If Allah indeed motivated the Quran, then why exactly did he allow such verses to be there in the first place?

If everything is Allah's will then Allah is comfortable with Muslims killing "infidels", right?

undecided

Lovely question!!!!

You see, that was how the Bible became corrupted to suit the Romans......

Please note that these verses of the Quran are grossly misinterpreted.....

It's only people with sound knowledge of the Quran and Hadith that can do an explanation and commentary of the Glorious Quran.....

Even I can't attempt it, so we other Muslims follow the translation and commentary of the renowned scholars of Quran like tafsir ibn katheer....

And that is why you see mainstream Muslims (about 99% of the population) preaching peace instead of war......

3 Likes

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by youngaz(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
hahn:

undecided

lol....thank u 4 asking...now dnt get me wrong,dose verses are there wit reasons and conditions why u shuld do it...u just dnt kill and say u're doin it for Allah....there are reasons and conditions....bt most pple dnt read at length...dey will just read d part dat says "kill in d course of Allah" without reading further....if u read d verse b4 or afta dose ones u'll see d criterias....u just dnt kill anyhow,Islam doesn't teach dat

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by hahn(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lagusta:

Lovely question!!!!

You see, that was how the Bible became corrupted to suit the Romans......

And the Quran hasn't been corrupted?

Please note that these verses of the Quran are grossly misinterpreted.....

It's only people with sound knowledge of the Quran and Hadith that can do an explanation and commentary of the Glorious Quran.....

Even I can't attempt it, so we other Muslims follow the translation and commentary of the renowned scholars of Quran like tafsir ibn katheer....

Why will Allah give us something we cannot explain or understand in simple terms? And why is tafsir ibn katheer the only one who can translate the Quran? Are you trying to say the rest of us cannot read and understand? Unlike Christians, Muslims do not have a "holy spirit" to reveal things to them. Who is now revealing his own versions to him? undecided

And that is why you see mainstream Muslims (about 99% of the population) preaching peace instead of war...

99% seriously?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by hahn(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
youngaz:
lol....thank u 4 asking...now dnt get me wrong,dose verses are there wit reasons and conditions why u shuld do it...u just dnt kill and say u're doin it for Allah....there are reasons and conditions....bt most pple dnt read at length...dey will just read d part dat says "kill in d course of Allah" without reading further....if u read d verse b4 or afta dose ones u'll see d criterias....u just dnt kill anyhow,Islam doesn't teach dat

Quote the full verse here and let us review it then smiley

3 Likes

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by Lagusta(m): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
hahn:

And the Quran hasn't been corrupted?

No

Why will Allah give us something we cannot explain or understand in simple terms? And why is tafsir ibn katheer the only one who can translate the Quran? Are you trying to say the rest of us cannot read and understand? Unlike Christians, Muslims do not have a "holy spirit" to reveal things to them. Who is now revealing his own versions to him? undecided

You actually didn't understand what I said do you.....

I said only people who have knowledge of the Quran that can interpret it....

The same way people like Albert Einstein discovered relativity, or Beethoven's 9th symphony at D minor, or Alexander Flemming discovering penicillin..... they all discovered all these world-class stuff because they had in-depth knowledge of the subject matter....

99% seriously?

Now I can see that you're among those people that have been misled by the media

My dear, if you can prove to me that Aisha was married at the age of 6 I would be an atheist immediately!!! Remember the Shi'ite have their own version of the story....

And where is terrorism justified in the Quran my dear

Bro, whether they would go to hell or not, Allah knows, what we have here is a warning, it's either we heed to it or we follow our selfish desires, that's all.....

4 Likes

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by youngaz(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
hahn:

Quote the full verse here and let us review it then smiley
nah...am nt a religion fanatic....i dnt no dem off hand bt i can search it for u later and post d verses here...Islam truly teaches "Peace" as d name implies...nt even all of diz attacks are done by d wills of some muslims,security agencies will arrest a terrorist and broadcast izz name saying he's a Muslim....lezz take 4 example there was a tym wen one Abdul-Kareem sumtin was arrested wen he wanted to carry out one of dose bombings,guess wat he said wen he was interrogated....he said some govt officials "fighting 4 power" wanted to destroy their opponents base...shuld i continue??grin

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by MakeWeTalk: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Guys the most peaceful religion Islam has burnt a catholic church.
Islam is the only religion that is synonymous with violence !
https://www.nairaland.com/3230110/muslim-youths-destroy-catholic-church/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism by hahn(m): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
youngaz:
nah...am nt a religion fanatic....i dnt no dem off hand bt i can search it for u later and post d verses here...Islam truly teaches "Peace" as d name implies...nt even all of diz attacks are done by d wills of some muslims,security agencies will arrest a terrorist and broadcast izz name saying he's a Muslim....lezz take 4 example there was a tym wen one Abdul-Kareem sumtin was arrested wen he wanted to carry out one of dose bombings,guess wat he said wen he was interrogated....he said some govt officials "fighting 4 power" wanted to destroy their opponents base...shuld i continue??grin

Well, that one dey but doesn;t it strike you as odd that Quranic verses are just convenient for "fighting for power"? Didn't Allah know that his instructions would lead to such things?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Proud To Be A Muslim! / Etiquette Of The Wedding Night / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.